The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Props to JD Walton

It's the little things that go unnoticed but he has improve his snapping skills. From what I saw today he didn't do the head bop nearly as much, especially in the shot gun formations. This was a huge problem earlier in the year where he was pretty much tipping off all the defenses...

Now... he needs to improve his blocking skills.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
It's the little things that go unnoticed but he has improve his snapping skills. From what I saw today he didn't do the head bop nearly as much, especially in the shot gun formations. This was a huge problem earlier in the year where he was pretty much tipping off all the defenses...

Now... he needs to improve his blocking skills.
Woohoo, we have a center who can almost snap the ball now, party on!
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

To be honest...I feel bad for him, because what's being asked of him is almost not physically possible. You cannot ask a rookie mid round center to not only start but be competent immediately. That just doesn't happen in real life and he's being put in an untenable situation. By the same token, I'm not going to cheer just because he isn't giving the snap count away anymore, either.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 10-31-2010 at 07:33 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
Drek
Ring of Famer

Walton will be good given time. At this point we have to blame the coaching staff for the OL's problems. Clady, Kuper, and Harris have never struggled this much. Beadles and Walton both show flashes but no consistent growth from week to week. Foremost of all, they make mental mistakes all the time. Those are all signs of poor coaching.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

To be honest...I feel bad for him, because what's being asked of him is almost not physically possible. You cannot ask a rookie mid round center to not only start but be competent immediately. That just doesn't happen in real life and he's being put in an untenable situation. By the same token, I'm not going to cheer just because he isn't giving the snap count away anymore, either.
Nobody is "cheering", but it was a problem he was having that was tipping the defenses off... it was pretty annoying watching it every week but he worked on it and improved as the season progressed which is an accomplishment.

Just giving him props where it's due...

So you guys don't really give a **** if he's tipping or not tipping the defenses off... and don't really care about the position of being a center which involves snapping the ball. I've watched a few steeler games this year and I'm watching the 1 right now and Pouncey still has a little bop to his head when he snaps it.

I know there's not much interest in snapping the ball.. but it's pretty damn important and it's whole different game in the NFL from college.

Let's talk about Tebow's delivery instead...

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 10-31-2010 at 07:39 PM..
Old 10-31-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Walton will be good given time. At this point we have to blame the coaching staff for the OL's problems. Clady, Kuper, and Harris have never struggled this much. Beadles and Walton both show flashes but no consistent growth from week to week. Foremost of all, they make mental mistakes all the time. Those are all signs of poor coaching.
This is one of this regime's biggest failings (right alongside their general theory of drafting). This offensive line was ****ing awesome, we had three young studs, one sure-fire all pro and two borderline pro bowl players. That's flat out SICK. And now all of them look horrible and one of them isn't even starting.

The staff should be absolutely ashamed of how they RAPED our line. And yes, they did RAPE it. This was a great line full of young talent. I am heartbroken as to what happened to them. This three man core was ELITE. Damn shame.

I hope Clancy Barone gets a high ankle sprain....like now.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Spot on, the coaching of the line is not working. The number of mental mistakes and the relative ease other teams have in scheming blitzes against us point to poor coaching.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
This is one of this regime's biggest failings (right alongside their general theory of drafting). This offensive line was ****ing awesome, we had three young studs, one sure-fire all pro and two borderline pro bowl players. That's flat out SICK. And now all of them look horrible and one of them isn't even starting.

The staff should be absolutely ashamed of how they RAPED our line. And yes, they did RAPE it. This was a great line full of young talent. I am heartbroken as to what happened to them. This three man core was ELITE. Damn shame.
I can only hope that we dump the guys we have now and find someone with more talent, at least we know Mcdaniels won't hesitate to fire successful assistants, so lets see how he handles incompetent fools.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:

Ben Hamilton and Casey were at the end of their careers...
Old 10-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Sad to see our offensive line's fall from grace.

Clancy Barone kisses that dick without mistletoe.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #11
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

it looks like Josh is gonna be around next year, if that is the case I really hope he flushes out all the rest of the coaches outside of maybe Nunnely and maybe the WRs coach

our staff appears incompetent
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #12
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

They were forced to replace two guys in the same year, Clady got himself hurt, Harris is proving that 2008 was the outlier not the norm, and Kuper was even bagged up some this pre-season.

The OL sucks because they have no continuity. It was understandable the first few weeks, guys were getting back from injury and hadn't played alongside the new members. But at this point its got to be a coaching issue.

This goes back to what I see as McDaniels' one big failure. He just doesn't have the connections and time in the league to get us the best assistants possible for our needs. Eric Studesville was basically the only outsider he brought in after we lost three crucial assistant positions (RB coach, OL coach, and DC). We replaced all of those roles internally and brought in basically rookies to help fill the roles those internal promotions left open.

Something like his brother as the QB coach when both he and McCoy are QB focused guys is fine by me. Promoting Martindale after only one year with this personnel in this scheme and expecting results is asking a bit much. Having him do that, keep LB coach responsibilities, and giving him the equivalent of a grad student to help with it all is just not going to cut it no matter what.

Shanahan was overly zealous with paying a dozen guys to do basically the same job and hand out "assistant to the head coach" titles with big salaries like candy. But McDaniels seems to be the exact opposite.

Everyone thought we were a shoe in to bring Dean Pees in as our DC. McDaniels didn't show much interest. We didn't even kick the tires on Crennel. It was almost a foregone conclusion that it would be Martindale.

Same with the OL. Why didn't we pursue the Bills' RB coach when he was let go? He's been flat out killing it with almost zero talent around him and obviously he and Studesville know how to work together. If you wanted a big power man scheme like what Buffalo has been using to get great results out of Jackson and Lynch why didn't you get the brain trust of that group in house when you could?

He's great at X's and O's leading into a game. I like the majority of his personnel moves. But the staff he's assembled is not producing the tough, disciplined team he advertised and it is the #1 reason we're losing games. Raiders game be damned, that lack of execution and toughness is the definitive reason we lost to Jacksonville, Indy, NY, and now San Fran.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
rovolution
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Casey were at the end of their careers...
Jammal Charles, McCluster, and Thomas Jones disagree
rovolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Ben Hamilton and Casey were at the end of their careers...
I thought Weigman was done last year but with the poor OL play here since mCd took over I think it was more **** coaching than **** playing, Weigman is starting for a division leader and playing well. I think Chicago is the only team that has a worse OL than what we have now thanks to the scheme change.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #15
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
They were forced to replace two guys in the same year, Clady got himself hurt, Harris is proving that 2008 was the outlier not the norm, and Kuper was even bagged up some this pre-season.

The OL sucks because they have no continuity. It was understandable the first few weeks, guys were getting back from injury and hadn't played alongside the new members. But at this point its got to be a coaching issue.

This goes back to what I see as McDaniels' one big failure. He just doesn't have the connections and time in the league to get us the best assistants possible for our needs. Eric Studesville was basically the only outsider he brought in after we lost three crucial assistant positions (RB coach, OL coach, and DC). We replaced all of those roles internally and brought in basically rookies to help fill the roles those internal promotions left open.

Something like his brother as the QB coach when both he and McCoy are QB focused guys is fine by me. Promoting Martindale after only one year with this personnel in this scheme and expecting results is asking a bit much. Having him do that, keep LB coach responsibilities, and giving him the equivalent of a grad student to help with it all is just not going to cut it no matter what.

Shanahan was overly zealous with paying a dozen guys to do basically the same job and hand out "assistant to the head coach" titles with big salaries like candy. But McDaniels seems to be the exact opposite.

Everyone thought we were a shoe in to bring Dean Pees in as our DC. McDaniels didn't show much interest. We didn't even kick the tires on Crennel. It was almost a foregone conclusion that it would be Martindale.

Same with the OL. Why didn't we pursue the Bills' RB coach when he was let go? He's been flat out killing it with almost zero talent around him and obviously he and Studesville know how to work together. If you wanted a big power man scheme like what Buffalo has been using to get great results out of Jackson and Lynch why didn't you get the brain trust of that group in house when you could?

He's great at X's and O's leading into a game. I like the majority of his personnel moves. But the staff he's assembled is not producing the tough, disciplined team he advertised and it is the #1 reason we're losing games. Raiders game be damned, that lack of execution and toughness is the definitive reason we lost to Jacksonville, Indy, NY, and now San Fran.
BINGO.

/end thread
Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #16
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
BINGO.

/end thread
Horse****.

He let two of the better assistants in the league leave in Turner and Nolan.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #17
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Walton will be fine it's called growing pains
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:09 PM   #18
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

lol @ these idiots making **** up about Casey because KC has a good rushing attack.

He consistently gets overpowered and beaten, but the OL around him all play solid together.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

I'm sorry but they screwed up by not drafting Pouncey!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #20
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Our run-blocking looked a little better today, overall. I'm hoping we can continue to build on this. As painful as this season has been, if the young guys are improving, that will be worth it long-term.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #21
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos-rock View Post
I'm sorry but they screwed up by not drafting Pouncey!
Ummmm, he was drafted before both Thomas and Tebow, so it would've changed the Broncos draft significantly to pick him.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Our run-blocking looked a little better today, overall. I'm hoping we can continue to build on this. As painful as this season has been, if the young guys are improving, that will be worth it long-term.
I agree, I thought today the gaps were there, knowgain just got grabbed by turf monsters made bad choices and didn't have the speed to get to or through the holes.

I think Knowgain will someday be a decent RB, just not elite or worthy of 15th pick in the draft. He is much better in the flat where he has space, he cannot power over anyone and runs up his blockers backs way too much.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:22 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Horse****.

He let two of the better assistants in the league leave in Turner and Nolan.
Who hasn't mCd ran off?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:22 PM   #24
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummmm, he was drafted before both Thomas and Tebow, so it would've changed the Broncos draft significantly to pick him.
And that would have been bad in what way!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #25
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos-rock View Post
And that would have been bad in what way!
I love the 2010 draft class to be honest.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote