The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default Are we Snake bit?

Not only are we not a very good team, we must be the UNLUCKIEST team in the League. Whenever we make a GOOD play, someone makes a mistake that ends up cancelling the good play and putting us in reverse.

Moreno gets down after tossing the ball back to Orton and the refs flag him for a chop block that was not only not his fault, but incidental to the play...it had absolutely no effect on the play that the lineman Touched the defender...the ball was already starting out of Ortons hand. Although it was technically correct it shouldn't have been thrown. We lose a TD by result.

Prater just flat out misses the extra point after we could have pulled within 7 late.

Jarvis (no seeum) Moss trys to throw a block agaisnt a defender that Royal had already skirted left of, and we get a TD return cancelled.

We really truly do suck....but the officials seem bound and determined to kill any momentum we do manage to get started. And if the officials don't, then McD inserts Tebow and runs the same 1 yard run play on second and 5 or less over and over. I just don't get what that is supposed to accomplish, as it only plays into the defenses hands. If you aren't going to let him throw, why insert him at all in OUR end of the field?

Bad luck , bad play. they all merge into the shyt that is this season. McD is drawing that rope shorter and shorter.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Good teams make their own luck.

Apparently, bad teams do also.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Yes. We are even less fortunate than the Vikings.

But it's bad luck and bad play that gets you to 2-6.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
Good teams make their own luck.

Apparently, bad teams do also.
Thank you.

If you have not been questioning the moves of this coaching staff/pseudo GM since week 1, well, you missed the boat. These guys have been making baffling moves since they walked through the door.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Great , now thanks to the thread title I'm longing for the Jake Plummer era ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

We average more than 8 penalties a game.

That's not being unlucky.

That's called sucking.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

I think there is a bit of bad luck on our part. We have to make up for the Hochuli call somehow.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We are Jake "The Snake" bit. Ever since he left we've been cursed!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Yes I think we are snakebit in alot of area's on this team
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #10
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Yeah, a lot of self-inflicted snake bites.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

We are unlucky. Our best player on D, Doom, goes down before the season starts. Our, arguably, third or fourth best player on D, Ayers, goes down for probably the rest of the season after a few games. Our best player on O, Clady, screws up his knee playing pick up basketball, and has been hobbled ever since. Kuper and Harris our starting rg and rt have been injured. Our starting corner, safety, and back up safety are all missing time.

With the injuries, this team is not talented enough to win games without some lucky breaks. But not only are we not getting many breaks going our way, we also seem to be on the wrong end of them as well. The Jets game was given away on a hail mary on 4th down. I thought we had today's game until another hail mary that landed right in between Dawkins and Champ... Troy smith fumbles the ball and it bounces right back into hands. I think today and the Jets game were both well within our hands and if we had those two we'd be at 4-4 going into the bye. Not bad considering our extensive amount of injuries.

After the beatings we got by the Ravens and the Raiders, we're obviously not ready to compete for the playoffs or anything like that but we're not as horrible as everyone here makes us out to be.

If we can stop losing games on Hail marys and shooting ourselves in the foot offensively then we'll manage to steal some games in the second half of the season. As horrible as this season has been, all we need to do is finish the season strong and this season will be a success. Next year, all those rookie lineman are going to be gelling and their going to have a year of NFL weight training under their belts.

So yeah.. Snakebit
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
Popps
It's so easy

We're definitely snake-bit. Look at the injuries. We were snake-bit out of the gate.

I mean, we make dumb mistakes, too... but today was just ridiculous. That chop-block call was ****ing unreal.

We can't catch a break this season.

But, I posted that last week. When you're winning... all of the little breaks seem to go your way, like staying healthy. When you're in a funk, it's just the opposite.

It'll turn around.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
We are unlucky. Our best player on D, Doom, goes down before the season starts. Our, arguably, third or fourth best player on D, Ayers, goes down for probably the rest of the season after a few games. Our best player on O, Clady, screws up his knee playing pick up basketball, and has been hobbled ever since. Kuper and Harris our starting rg and rt have been injured. Our starting corner, safety, and back up safety are all missing time.

With the injuries, this team is not talented enough to win games without some lucky breaks. But not only are we not getting many breaks going our way, we also seem to be on the wrong end of them as well. The Jets game was given away on a hail mary on 4th down. I thought we had today's game until another hail mary that landed right in between Dawkins and Champ... Troy smith fumbles the ball and it bounces right back into hands. I think today and the Jets game were both well within our hands and if we had those two we'd be at 4-4 going into the bye. Not bad considering our extensive amount of injuries.

After the beatings we got by the Ravens and the Raiders, we're obviously not ready to compete for the playoffs or anything like that but we're not as horrible as everyone here makes us out to be.

If we can stop losing games on Hail marys and shooting ourselves in the foot offensively then we'll manage to steal some games in the second half of the season. As horrible as this season has been, all we need to do is finish the season strong and this season will be a success. Next year, all those rookie lineman are going to be gelling and their going to have a year of NFL weight training under their belts.

So yeah.. Snakebit
This. Finally a voice of reason in a sea of emotional knee-jerk reactionism
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

As Charles Barkley once said, "Bad team, man, bad ****ing team."
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #15
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As horrible as this season has been, all we need to do is finish the season strong and this season will be a success. Next year, all those rookie lineman are going to be gelling
And what about this coaching staff (especially its performance in the past 18 games, and the last two atrocious losses) suggests that any of this is remotely likely?
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

You put a pass rush on this team, and we are at least .500. When Doom went down, a lot of us around here flipped out, and its seems, we did that for good reason. Take out the Ravens and the aberration last week, this team has been in every game. Football is a game of inches and little details, and it doesn't take much to change a team's overall fortunes.

Overall, I have to say that we lack serious talent all over the field that we had at the end of the '90s. A few lean years might help build that talent. Of course McD has to make sure that we don't trade all of our picks for NE castoffs.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
DivineBronco
Ring of Famer

if you like Cutler you are my enemy

I think the jets game broke them mentally.........the put soo much into winning that game and then to come up short I think they kinda packed it in the moment that pass int was called
DivineBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:28 PM   #18
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineBronco View Post
I think the jets game broke them mentally.........the put soo much into winning that game and then to come up short I think they kinda packed it in the moment that pass int was called
Yea. You saw the wind come out of the sails when Gaff's TD got called back, as well.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

We straight up got cheated on the flicker. It was a bull**** call. So I don't feel so bad about this loss.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
We straight up got cheated on the flicker. It was a bull**** call. So I don't feel so bad about this loss.
I do cause a loss is a loss no matter how it comes
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #21
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

So yeah.. Snakebit
First off, I'm sick of hearing about the injuries. Every team has injuries. Yes it seems we've had more than our fair share this year, but there have been other teams with numerous injuries. The bolded part, they are going to have to prove it to me. I'm beginning to wonder if the fluke wasn't last Sunday but Seattle and Tennessee. I just don't remember a season like this and I've been through some pretty bad seasons with the Broncos.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #22
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Also dont forget about the Ref trying block Lloyd from getting a td
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:20 PM   #23
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
First off, I'm sick of hearing about the injuries. Every team has injuries. Yes it seems we've had more than our fair share this year, but there have been other teams with numerous injuries. The bolded part, they are going to have to prove it to me. I'm beginning to wonder if the fluke wasn't last Sunday but Seattle and Tennessee. I just don't remember a season like this and I've been through some pretty bad seasons with the Broncos.
+1 It is time that the players we DO have on the field start owning their mistakes. The chop block call was bad, but the reason it mattered so much is the first half, where we went out and had to punt every possesion. You have to start making your OWN luck, and the injuries don't matter.

A lot of the mistakes are on the coaches, and it is starting to be evident that Coaching is weak in a lot of areas. 12 men on the field, illegal formations, STUPID penalties on Special teams that take points off the board, holding calls and blown coverages. Smart and Team oriented is supposed to mean something. If the coaches can't get the players to play within the rules then we will continue to have bad "luck".

I agree that the injuries have hurt us...but excuses are for losers, and don't change the outcome of the game. We need to start seeing some good play out of whoever is out there.

I have tried everything I can to turn things around. Tried wearing all my Lucky stuff, tried karma stuff, tried to do all my little superstitions. It's time the players actually went out and MADE some luck for our side. When it comes down to it they are the only ones that matter.

McD is the coach in charge, and therefore he owns this. He had better decide if he wants to keep his job and find some way to get these guys to act like the smart team oriented players he preaches about.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #24
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

So yeah.. Snakebit
Good post. McDaniels deserves his share of blame, but the types of injuries, bad breaks, and freak plays will make a mediocre young team like ours, into a bad one.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #25
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Not only are we not a very good team, we must be the UNLUCKIEST team in the League. Whenever we make a GOOD play, someone makes a mistake that ends up cancelling the good play and putting us in reverse.

Moreno gets down after tossing the ball back to Orton and the refs flag him for a chop block that was not only not his fault, but incidental to the play...it had absolutely no effect on the play that the lineman Touched the defender...the ball was already starting out of Ortons hand. Although it was technically correct it shouldn't have been thrown. We lose a TD by result.

Prater just flat out misses the extra point after we could have pulled within 7 late.

Jarvis (no seeum) Moss trys to throw a block agaisnt a defender that Royal had already skirted left of, and we get a TD return cancelled.

We really truly do suck....but the officials seem bound and determined to kill any momentum we do manage to get started. And if the officials don't, then McD inserts Tebow and runs the same 1 yard run play on second and 5 or less over and over. I just don't get what that is supposed to accomplish, as it only plays into the defenses hands. If you aren't going to let him throw, why insert him at all in OUR end of the field?

Bad luck , bad play. they all merge into the shyt that is this season. McD is drawing that rope shorter and shorter.
Maybe Josh is setting up teams with the Tebow non-pass with the unveiling held in reserve for the playoffs. It's amazing how far into the future Josh thinks.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote