The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default Schefter - McDaniels is safe through 2011

Just heard this on NFL Countdown.

Basically there is no way Bowlen is going to fire McDaniels because he owes him 3 mil per year and he's still paying Shanahan through 2011.

If he fires McDaniels now he has to pay three head coaches at once.

Not happening.

Enjoy, fellas. You're stuck with him for another 25 games.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Adam_Schefter

Broncos scheduled to pay Josh McDaniels through 2012, Mike Shanahan through 2011. No way Pat Bowlen pays three HCs in 2011. McDaniels safe.


good, he shouldnt be fired after this year.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

Well, that's not a very good story line.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|
 
ICON's Avatar
 
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Snap!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 2,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Just heard this on NFL Countdown.

Basically there is no way Bowlen is going to fire McDaniels because he owes him 3 mil per year and he's still paying Shanahan through 2011.

If he fires McDaniels now he has to pay three head coaches at once.

Not happening.

Enjoy, fellas. You're stuck with him for another 25 games.
Brilliant thread
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Good.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICON View Post
Brilliant thread
Does this pertain to Bowlen or McDaniels?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson
 
_Oro_'s Avatar
 
Don't run that sh*t this way.

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers
Default

_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,048
Default

100 million spent on players per year. If there needs to be a change 4 million is not going to stop the firing.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,305
Default

Under shanny we had to wait 3 years for a qb to develop so why not give the guy a chance!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

I am a Chiefs fan with 30,000 posts on a Denver Broncos message board. Woo.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:53 AM   #11
Hajisan
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos-rock View Post
Under shanny we had to wait 3 years for a qb to develop so why not give the guy a chance!
I agree. It was Shanny's 3rd year when Elway finally developed into a good QB and we won the Superbowl.
Hajisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:00 AM   #12
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,743

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

No surprise here and glad to be reminded Josh will have his full shot. It would be a shame to pull a knee jerk firing only to have him go on to have a HOF career with another team, probably NE when Bill hangs it up.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #13
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran
 
doonwise's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 459
Default

That's a relief. I'd hate to go through another 3 year rebuilding year. I think McDee has it.
doonwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:03 AM   #14
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Bad news.
Well, atleast the media talking about his firing unlike the Mcd lovers who seems to think he is doing a great job.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #15
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,542
Default

He knows this will be his last shot and will go down swinging. I am sure he will exhaust all his resources to put a winner on the field. Maybe we will finally see some young talent put along the d-line.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,712
Default

Schefter=NFLBRONCO

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #17
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm watching Chucky 2 right now!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #18
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,743

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Bad news.
Well, atleast the media talking about his firing unlike the Mcd lovers who seems to think he is doing a great job.
Nobody is doing a great job when you turn in a performance like last week.

I am one of Josh's strongest supporters and I say last week is a problem from HC on down to the PS.

Difference between the guys that still support Josh and the guys that want him fired is we think that game was the exception and it will not be seen again. I expect McD to have the ready to play.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #19
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

This is news?

Who didn't know this?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #20
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,905

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

McDaniels = Dan Hawkins w/ intensity and a better talent for coaching QB's. Otherwise, it's about the same.

The situation sucks for CU/Bronco fans right now.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:17 AM   #21
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,540

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Does this pertain to Bowlen or McDaniels?
You, the whole thing is a no brainer. Oh, that's probably why you decided to post it.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Nobody is doing a great job when you turn in a performance like last week.

I am one of Josh's strongest supporters and I say last week is a problem from HC on down to the PS.

Difference between the guys that still support Josh and the guys that want him fired is we think that game was the exception and it will not be seen again. I expect McD to have the ready to play.
If you think it is one game..you are mistaken.
After our bye week last year, we won 4 games out of 17.
Bowlen should fire Mcd at the end of the season if we keep losing the games.
If we show some improvement, then Mcd should be given one more year.

As per the Schefter, Bowlen will not fire Mcd(irrespective of performance) due to monetary reasons.that's bad news.
I want broncos to be successful..Hopefully, we will start winning some games from today as everyone that supports broncos are tired of losing games.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #23
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,743

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
If you think it is one game..you are mistaken.
After our bye week last year, we won 4 games out of 17.
Bowlen should fire Mcd at the end of the season if we keep losing the games.
If we show some improvement, then Mcd should be given one more year.

As per the Schefter, Bowlen will not fire Mcd(irrespective of performance) due to monetary reasons.that's bad news.
I want broncos to be successful..Hopefully, we will start winning some games from today as everyone that supports broncos are tired of losing games.
You are entitled to your opinion, it's when you try to shove it down everyone else's throats that you get a reaction.

Believing it is too early to make an accurate decision about Josh McDaniels.

I'm going to try and not keep repeating this.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:29 AM   #24
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,260

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
After our bye week last year, we won 4 games out of 17.
Which would make him all of 10-13 after 23 games. I realize you actually have nothing else to contribute to this board besides this broken record post, but he did take over a 24-24 team.

It's no defense for last week, but he didn't exactly take over a team that was on the cusp of taking it to the next level.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #25
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Which would make him all of 10-13 after 23 games. I realize you actually have nothing else to contribute to this board besides this broken record post, but he did take over a 24-24 team.

It's no defense for last week, but he didn't exactly take over a team that was on the cusp of taking it to the next level.
It should also be considered that those teams were lucky to be 24-24. Only the game day coaching Shanahan and his long time offensive assistants kept that team competitive. It was a boat load of garbage with a few good pieces. When you cut 30 guys and they can't even get a job with the Lions or Rams you know your talent level is ****. McDaniels took over a really bad team. We just didn't realize how bad it was at that point in time.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Denver Broncos