The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who pulls their head out of their ass first?
McDaniels 12 80.00%
Cutler 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default McDaniels and Cutler

Today I was watching a few different specials that I had recorded on NFL network over the last month - which included specials on the all time trades, the two Denver superbowls, as well as the greatest comebacks - from worst one year to first the next year - in league history. I remember watching news cycles that depicted the young McDaniels coming into Denver, and proclaiming the job as the gem of the NFL coaching openings that year.

It's amazing to look back now at the optimism about a Jay Cutler, McDaniels pairing. The young co****re gunslinger who had grandiose ideas about his own invincibility, who doesn't appreciate wisdom from people who have been in the league, hasn't been a effective leader, had ideas of his own about how offense should be run - despite a long history of dominant offenses, and systematically failed to live up to expectations.

And Jay Cutler hasn't turned out so well either.

I couldn't help but notice a eerily similar moment in the path of these two young men. The sight of them alone, on the sidelines. Unable to do anything except desperately try and figure out how to win they simply stood there alone. Abandoned by their teams, lest their failure rub off on others.

Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels seem to be cut from the same cloth. While I know that this is a abhorrent idea to the McDanielites, I think it's valid. After all when criticism, fair or unfair, of McDaniels occurs, the McDaniells faction habitually pull out a Jay voodoo doll to pummel as if the one player who was traded by Josh and hasn't performed has somehow validated every one of the coaches decisions. But perhaps there is more to it then just that. Perhaps all of the positive - insane abilities, and self assurance - all of the negative - egomania and a frank and open disdain for any ideas other then their own are also shared.

So my question is, who get's their head pulled out of their ass - and starts living up to their potential first - Cutler or McDaniels? I think McDaniels. I honestly think he can be a great head coach - but he needs to surround himself with skilled coaches with other doctrines. He isn't getting it done on his own.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

They're both talented people....hopefully they both do well for the rest of the season.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I see what you did there...
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
They're both talented people....hopefully they both do well for the rest of the season.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Today I was watching a few different specials that I had recorded on NFL network over the last month - which included specials on the all time trades, the two Denver superbowls, as well as the greatest comebacks - from worst one year to first the next year - in league history. I remember watching news cycles that depicted the young McDaniels coming into Denver, and proclaiming the job as the gem of the NFL coaching openings that year.

It's amazing to look back now at the optimism about a Jay Cutler, McDaniels pairing. The young co****re gunslinger who had grandiose ideas about his own invincibility, who doesn't appreciate wisdom from people who have been in the league, hasn't been a effective leader, had ideas of his own about how offense should be run - despite a long history of dominant offenses, and systematically failed to live up to expectations.

And Jay Cutler hasn't turned out so well either.

I couldn't help but notice a eerily similar moment in the path of these two young men. The sight of them alone, on the sidelines. Unable to do anything except desperately try and figure out how to win they simply stood there alone. Abandoned by their teams, lest their failure rub off on others.

Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels seem to be cut from the same cloth. While I know that this is a abhorrent idea to the McDanielites, I think it's valid. After all when criticism, fair or unfair, of McDaniels occurs, the McDaniells faction habitually pull out a Jay voodoo doll to pummel as if the one player who was traded by Josh and hasn't performed has somehow validated every one of the coaches decisions. But perhaps there is more to it then just that. Perhaps all of the positive - insane abilities, and self assurance - all of the negative - egomania and a frank and open disdain for any ideas other then their own are also shared.

So my question is, who get's their head pulled out of their ass - and starts living up to their potential first - Cutler or McDaniels? I think McDaniels. I honestly think he can be a great head coach - but he needs to surround himself with skilled coaches with other doctrines. He isn't getting it done on his own.
the picture of Josh on the sideline almost makes your case all by itself.

Cutler needs a special coach and there is no guarantee he'll get one it's out of his hands.

All McDaniels needs to do is figure out how to start winning ball games he can do that by his own power. He call call forth any innovation he can imagine, he's the coach.

I still like Josh's chances of becoming a great coach in Denver.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I say neither.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote