The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default Gary Miller of CBS 4

I am still looking for an original source, but based on two other board reports, Gary Miller said this morning that McDaniels scolded the team after the Jets loss and put them through a tough week of practice.

The players didn't take it well because they felt they played their hearts out against the Jets and basically gave McDaniels the finger with yesterday's performance.

I hope it's not true, but if it is, it makes you think a complete housecleaning is in order.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Tin foil hats.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I think they gave him more than the finger. Laughing and giggling on the sidelines after that performance pretty much tells you that they're okay with what happened yesterday. Probably laughing about what will happen this week if they got punished after the Jets performance!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This would be horrendous news on so many levels.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

this wouldnt bother me if they had waited a week to do it ........ But the ****ing Raiders .....All of them should be arrested on felony charges
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I heard it and can confirm that is exactly what he said. He said it was personnel pretty deep, not just the law mower.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Ray_Lewis'_Victim
Corpse

I don't believe that a single professional football player would pull **** like that. Not even B-Marsh or frown cannon would throw a game to get back at a coach for "a tough week of practice." And against the Raiders? Not buying it for a second.
Ray_Lewis'_Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I heard it this morning as well.

And if its true, and I were to put myself in Mcds shoes, I would have no idea what to do going forward.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Guys, it wasn't a conspiracy by the players. They were just beaten up, plain and simple, by a superior team with superior talent, focus and coaching.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Guys, it wasn't a conspiracy by the players. They were just beaten up, plain and simple, by a superior team with superior talent, focus and coaching.
thank you. no one lays down against a division rival.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #11
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Tin foil hats.
This. Top McDaniels supporter and a top homer!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #12
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Balls. He gave them a run after the Ravens game and look at the reaction against the Jets.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #13
CEH
Ring of Famer

If this were true then maybe his people skills need work
but I applaud Josh for saying there are no moral vicories in the NFL and good enough is not good enough. I was at the game and I can tell you Bailey was not amused at all with the team performance and stood off by himself when not on the field. He was clearly disgusted arms folded not a smile on his face the whole 2nd half and would not partake in the defensive gatheringing that occur while the offense is on the field. He's the gold standard by which we should judges these professional athletes so screw the players that thought they could give up and teach Josh a lesson
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #14
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Something obviously happened. Never seen a team not play like that before.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #15
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
They were just beaten up, plain and simple, by a superior team with superior talent, focus and coaching.
Is it that simple? I'll give you "focus" but I'm not sure Oakland has superior talent and coaching to anything close to what's needed to explain 59-14 at home. I really think they quit yesterday.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #16
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Lewis'_Victim View Post
I don't believe that a single professional football player would pull **** like that. Not even B-Marsh or frown cannon would throw a game to get back at a coach for "a tough week of practice." And against the Raiders? Not buying it for a second.
Zach Miller did say Denver played hard through most of the game.

Miller and several teammates said they thought the Broncos played hard for most of the game.

"I felt like they were doing whatever they could, but when you get that kind of lead and our offense just keeps staying out there, it's tough when your defense is out there that long," Miller said.

"After we kept going up by more touchdowns, we kept saying, 'We can't let down,' because we knew their passing offense (enables them) to get back in the game quickly. We just wanted to make sure, as an offense, we stayed on the field and kept the ball away from them."

Read more: Raiders set records in routing Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz13ORyCDcl

Last edited by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡; 10-25-2010 at 10:39 AM..
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
thank you. no one lays down against a division rival.
From a Fan's perspective, yes-from a Player's perspective, maybe not-these guys know that if they lose their Job here, they'll probably end up somewhere else-they weren't raised hating a Divisional opponent, not like a long term Fan is-I think it's more of keeping your Job than wasting an opponent-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #18
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #19
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Lots of disturbing stuff in this thread. If the players layed down on purpose, shame on them, but it was McDaniels who chose the guys he wanted to go to war with. To have them quit on him would obviously be a giant stab in the back, but it's still on him.

But more disturbing is reading that players were laughing on the sidelines? I obviously didn't stick around to watch that far into the game, but that pretty disgusting to hear. Who were these players?
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #20
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
Lots of disturbing stuff in this thread. If the players layed down on purpose, shame on them, but it was McDaniels who chose the guys he wanted to go to war with. To have them quit on him would obviously be a giant stab in the back, but it's still on him.

But more disturbing is reading that players were laughing on the sidelines? I obviously didn't stick around to watch that far into the game, but that pretty disgusting to hear. Who were these players?
Uggh, reminds me of Ian Gold.

My brain refuses to believe that Brian Dawkins would allow something like the alleged mutiny to happen in his dressing room.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #21
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I really think they quit yesterday.
From where I sat, (and I'm certain it looks different on TV), it just looked like poor Coaching-there were so many missed Tackles, bad technique (going for the Ankles instead of squaring up and driving through the Runner), it wasn't funny. Orton looked "off", unlike any other Game this Year-the Oline couldn't keep the Defenders from getting into the backfield, everything just didn't gel-Royal was giving it his all though-Vickerson was definitely playing hurt-he's one big dude-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #22
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I don't think any nfl player simply mails it in. Even in college, that's a good way to get seriously injured. However, if McDaniels really did do such a sophmoric stunt as to shame and physically punish that team after the Jests game .... he may have lost them and be considered a dangerous idiot by the players. I admit I really thought the faide would win yesterday with either Campbell or the polish guy, but .... not like that. If McDaniels faulted the effort against the Jests, I can see the players treating him and his staff like jokes.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #23
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

While they may not have laid down purposely against the Raiders, they may not have had a whole lot of "care" once they were falling behind. When the system is built on "The beatings will continue until morale improves," it's hard to get yourself pumped up to do great.

And Josh while he can get pretty worked up when are are winning, certainly seems quiet and lost when we are losing. I doubt he was a huge inspiration for the team to catch up.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #24
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Specific players aren't mentioned in the supposed rumor, and the source of this story has yet to be named. I am a little skeptical of this "story".
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #25
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I doubt they got together and planned on putting together that performance. The fact is that they did quit on McDaniels though, It just wasn't some planned conspiracy. This isn't new though. They quit on him for the entire second half of last season. Just look at how we played against good teams early compared to bad teams late. All of this character crap has really worked for him.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote