The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default Divison title still in our own hands

I've had a sobering thought believe it or not.

If we win out, we win the division on a better divisional record regardless of how KC or anyone else does.

I realise right now we are a million miles away from that and whilst most of us are still picking up our bottom lip, whilst there's hope there's a chance.

Somehow McDaniels got this team to 6-0 last year. You dont win 6 games back to back via luck. They had something last year from the get go and McDaniels and the players need to find that again.

I actually think a blow-out like this and a wee trip across the water to see us Brits might do our guys a bit of good and they may well come out fighting against the 9ers.

BTW none of the above will happen without Dawkins and some of his friends coming back. 59-14 would never had happened with him on the field.

Sits back and awaits the 'stay off the drugs, the drink, are you ****ing blind' comments.

I dont give a ****, I love this team and never give up on a Broncos season until the whistle blows on it.

Last edited by eddie mac; 10-25-2010 at 10:07 AM..
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Drunken Irish fool...
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Win out? I'm not sure we win again. Sunday morning I figured we were legit to get to the bye week at 4-4 with a shot at the division on the back side. The team that went out there yesterday...well, that just wasn't a team I ever want to see play again. I don't know who those guys were out there wearing Broncos jerseys but they sure as hell weren't NFL caliber players. Maybe if our squad decides to show up at some point we can win some games but yesterday was a disgusting bit of heart ripping agony.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Like I said in another thread name one team to get beat down like this at home that still made the playoffs let alone won the division. We just don't have enough talent to over come the injuries and the poor front office we have. The only way I could see it is if we didn't lose another game vs the AFC west teams and after yesterday I don't see how anyone can believe that is going to happen.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I actually think the London trip is coming at a perfect time for us. It's a great chance to build camaraderie and become more unified in the face of what happened yesterday

Be very interesting to see what happens against San Fran.

This team has hit the bottom, can we drag ourselves up again?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I am not mired in the pity mud like much of the fan base on here, and I realize that even good teams lose their minds from time to time, but what about this team makes you think they are going to win the 3 divisional road games? And thats just a start. You add those 3 up as loses, and the best they can do is 8 & 8. I mean hey, mathematically, anything is possible - meaning a 2 & 14 season is possible. And while I dont see 2 & 14 as realistic, I also dont see winning the division as realistic, either.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This team just got humiliated by the Raiders. The Chiefs and Chargers are going to take them apart.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I like it! I just talked myself into 6-3 the rest of the way. Car bombs for everyone!
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Win out, win the division?
Can you give me your dealer's contact info please, because whatever you are getting must be freakin good.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post

If we win out, we win the division on a better divisional record regardless of how KC or anyone else does.
I realise right now we are a million miles away from that and whilst most of us are still picking up our bottom lip, whilst there's hope there's a chance.

Somehow McDaniels got this team to 6-0 last year. You dont win 6 games back to back via luck. They had something last year from the get go and McDaniels and the players need to find that again.

I actually think a blow-out like this and a wee trip across the water to see us Brits might do our guys a bit of good and they may well come out fighting against the 9ers.

BTW none of the above will happen without Dawkins and some of his friends coming back. 59-14 would never had happened with him on the field.

Sits back and awaits the 'stay off the drugs, the drink, are you ****ing blind' comments.

I dont give a ****, I love this team and never give up on a Broncos season until the whistle blows on it.
True.

If you get your ass kicked, you get your ass kicked, everybody that has played sports has had their ass kicked many a time, even if they don't want to remember it. The key is to come out fighting hard AFTER you've had your ass kicked. We'll see how this team responds.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
I am not mired in the pity mud like much of the fan base on here, and I realize that even good teams lose their minds from time to time, but what about this team makes you think they are going to win the 3 divisional road games? And thats just a start. You add those 3 up as loses, and the best they can do is 8 & 8. I mean hey, mathematically, anything is possible - meaning a 2 & 14 season is possible. And while I dont see 2 & 14 as realistic, I also dont see winning the division as realistic, either.
Cos they won all 3 last year.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Dawkins can't come back soon enough.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #13
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
True.

If you get your ass kicked, you get your ass kicked, everybody that has played sports has had their ass kicked many a time, even if they don't want to remember it. The key is to come out fighting hard AFTER you've had your ass kicked. We'll see how this team responds.
This team isn't going to respond to ****... They could have responded at any time during that abortion yesterday.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #14
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Look dont get me wrong, I was as angry as anyone last night after that debacle and if that was the final game of the season I would've sulked for weeks about this humiliation.

Difference being there's still 9 games left so whilst we still have football to play I expect a proud franchise to find a way to be competitive in games and keep any small playoff chances alive whilst they still can.

I realise we still cant run the ball with any efficiency, I also realise we cant defend the run on a consistent basis and yesterday we just fell apart within the first 10 mins of the game. 3 mistakes put the game out of reach and we never recovered.

I've looked at the schedule and whilst there are some teams on there like the Chiefs who are playing well, whenever we are playing our best football there's no-one on that list we shouldn't be able to compete with.

Furthermore I think a lot of people's jobs depend on the reaction from here onwards.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoneco1331 View Post
Win out, win the division?
Can you give me your dealer's contact info please, because whatever you are getting must be freakin good.
You're quitting already? Quitters never win, that's a given.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #16
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post

you need to drink more if that's your reality.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #17
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Know who has the shakiest job in America right now: the guy that came up with the brilliant idea of sending the Broncos and the 49ers to London as examples of what the NFL has to offer.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
The team quit yesterday!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #19
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Nothing I've seen from this team makes me think they have any shot at winning 9 straight games against solid opponents.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #20
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I view it as one game. Terrible yes... but there's the potential for it to be a massive wake up call to everyone and their egos. We can still do well.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #21
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Until they lose 8, I will still hope for a miracle, but it bothers me that they are now 1-5 in AFC play and don't even have a chance to improve on that mark with a win in London on Saturday.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
Until they lose 8, I will still hope for a miracle, but it bothers me that they are now 1-5 in AFC play and don't even have a chance to improve on that mark with a win in London on Saturday.
Conference records don't mean much unless you're talking about wild card tie-breakers, and the one thing that seems certain is that there won't be a wild card coming out of the AFC West.

Personally, I think the playoffs are now a pipe dream for this year. Statistically, the chances of a 2-5 team making the playoffs are something like 1 in 40.

Realistically, I think the team needs to settle on an offensive line, quit screwing around with moves in and out, and gadget plays, and work hard on teaching the youngsters some fundamentals.

I don't think Tebow is the answer at this point; he'd just get killed in there. He has his own fundamentals to work on.

Defensively, about all we can do is to grin and bear it until some of the injured starters get back. The remaining schedule is still probably easy enough that the team can pick up 3 or 4 more wins. 5-11. Maybe 6-10.

Then hope we have a season at all next year.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #23
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

The Chiefs have this division in the bag.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #24
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Please. I love the Broncos but stop talking about having the division in our hands. We don't. We're not even close. We'll be lucky not to finish last in the division.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #25
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The team quit yesterday!
I don't quit. Just can't. It may seem silly in light of recent events, but I can't quit. Quitting in sports never pays off, that's a given.