The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default Broncos hurry up Demaryius Thomas' development

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16402700

A read that we can all enjoy.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I love me some Demaryius Thomas
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
Popps
It's so easy

Have a feeling he could be very involved in the game plan this Sunday.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

he reminds me of calvin johnson, if anyone saw CJs 80 some yard TD this weekend, it was dirty. outjumped 2 guys (you think they would learn to not try and outjump CJ?) and walked it in 50 yards.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
CEH
Ring of Famer

DT has flashed from the moment he took a screen pass and turned it into a 1st down. Size and speed. Still causing issues not knowing the playbook I saw a couple times on Sunday where Orton had to line him up but I'm glad his injury didn't hamper his ability to get on the field this year and he needed this rookie year to get his feet wet with the looming lockout pretty much a formatlity at this point

I thought Josh may have followed BB and Parcells drafting philoshy of big bodies first then speciality players. I sure hope that's the case this year.
To each his own but I hope for more lineman with the top picks this year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
DT has flashed from the moment he took a screen pass and turned it into a 1st down. Size and speed. Still causing issues not knowing the playbook I saw a couple times on Sunday where Orton had to line him up but I'm glad his injury didn't hamper his ability to get on the field this year and he needed this rookie year to get his feet wet with the looming lockout pretty much a formatlity at this point

I thought Josh may have followed BB and Parcells drafting philoshy of big bodies first then speciality players. I sure hope that's the case this year.
To each his own but I hope for more lineman with the top picks this year
true but you draft talent....not for need
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If he stays healthy he's going to be a good player for us, I've seen enough of him already to be pretty confident about that. He certainly has the physical traits to be one the elite WR's in the NFL, but there's still quite a way for him to go before that becomes a reality.

At the very least he looks like he'll be a quality deep threat receiver who has the size and speed to command serious attention whenever he goes deep. In our offense, that's very important to have.

And if he develops into the next Andre Johnson, well that's just gravy.

I'm hoping over the rest of the season he can work his way into the starting line-up ahead of Gaffney. DT and Lloyd on the outsides with Royal in the slot sounds like all sorts of victory to me.

I know it's a bit harsh on Gaffney, who has been good this year, but he doesn't scare a defense like Thomas or Lloyd would. And he'd actually be a great guy to have in that #4 WR spot, because he knows the offense inside-out and McDaniels has said before he can play any of the 3 starting spots in the offense and be equally comfortable in each, which I don't think is true of DT.

Be nice if when any of our three main receivers needed a play or two off, we had a dependable guy like Gaffney to plug in there for them. I'll be interested to see if Gaffney moves to the slot this Sunday if Royal can't go.

The WR situation on this team absolutely owns, quite frankly.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Thomas is every bit the player Dez Bryant was coming out of College, but faster. Dez just had a better QB situation and a lot of negative publicity on his off field efforts.

The Kid has all kinds of elite tools, I just hope he continues to improve the mental side. He is an outstanding WR, he just needs to keep getting better mentally.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post

The WR situation on this team absolutely owns, quite frankly.
That is the crazy thing.... I thought for sure there would be a serious drop-off with BM going away but it simply hasn't been the case - and yes it rocks.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #11
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

From another article in today's post:

McDaniels said rookie receiver Demaryius Thomas could once again be an option to return kickoffs. Thomas won that job in September but suffered a concussion and fumbled when he was got hit low and high on a return two weeks ago against Baltimore.

“He’s practiced back there,” McDaniels said. “He feels great about it. He’s fine in that regard, in terms of what happened a few weeks ago. You try to talk him into keeping those guys away from him a little longer on kickoff return.”
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Let the usual freak out begin.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #12
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

I don't like him returning kicks but if that's what they think is the best option then so be it.
He's just way too big of a target.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

McDaniels said rookie receiver Demaryius Thomas could once again be an option to return kickoffs. Thomas won that job in September but suffered a concussion and fumbled when he was got hit low and high on a return two weeks ago against Baltimore.

“He’s practiced back there,” McDaniels said. “He feels great about it. He’s fine in that regard, in terms of what happened a few weeks ago. You try to talk him into keeping those guys away from him a little longer on kickoff return.”

I dont get why we need him back there...at all. Just keep him at receiver.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont get why we need him back there...at all. Just keep him at receiver.
gets him on the field and in the few chances he got, he was by far the best returner.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

I think/hope its just a smoke screen.

Look we have the most awesome WR evAh, let's havem return kicks till he's injured forevah!
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
gets him on the field and in the few chances he got, he was by far the best returner.
Yeah and he got completely jacked up on the second game he did it. Our offense can move the ball and he needs to be a bigger part of the offense. im a big believer that with special teams returners, you only have to accomplish one thing: Dont turn it over. I dont want my potentially best offensive weapon back there.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #17
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah and he got completely jacked up on the second game he did it. Our offense can move the ball and he needs to be a bigger part of the offense. im a big believer that with special teams returners, you only have to accomplish one thing: Dont turn it over. I dont want my potentially best offensive weapon back there.
so he sits on the sideline and you have butterfingers Cox as the returner? All KR get blasted once in a while.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #18
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Just put the Squid back there and keep Thomas on offense
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #19
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote from article:

"I think they have the best group that we've seen thus far, maybe we'll see all year," said Oakland coach Tom Cable...

The experts at the scouting service sites that do weekly match-up comparisons may not be on board yet, but at least one opposing coach is, and I imagine that at some point others will have to recognize that whatever deficiencies this team has, our play and depth at WR is not one of them.
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
so he sits on the sideline and you have butterfingers Cox as the returner? All KR get blasted once in a while.
I dont care if a stone wall goes back there, just dont fumble. And Cox dropped a punt, which is a different animal (and i think Eddie should stay back there because he's surehanded). Id gladly let Perrish try returning kicks again, i thought he looked good doing it in the preseason.

And of course all KR's get blasted once in a while, which is why you dont put your most talented offensive weapon back there (even if he hasnt realized all his potential yet). Plus, he's just not built for it...hes a HUGE target
Old 10-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #21
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Thomas is every bit the player Dez Bryant was coming out of College, but faster. Dez just had a better QB situation and a lot of negative publicity on his off field efforts.

The Kid has all kinds of elite tools, I just hope he continues to improve the mental side. He is an outstanding WR, he just needs to keep getting better mentally.
He will. I think he scored the highest on the Wonderlick Test of all our rookies.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #22
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
From the article - There was the experiment of having Thomas return kicks, only to reach the predictable conclusion that at 6-feet-3, 229 pounds, his "Hit Me" target is a bit large.
This is what I have been saying and keep him out of the slot too.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #23
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

I don't think it is wise.

Quote:
There was the experiment of having Thomas return kicks, only to reach the predictable conclusion that at 6-feet-3, 229 pounds, his "Hit Me" target is a bit large.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

He looks like a great player in the making. I wonder if Broncos start Lloyd and Thomas outside next yr? Is Lloyd going to play like this again next yr? Or will Broncos try and move him since they have young guys? Hell I don't even know what Lloyds contract is. Anyone know if he's on a 1 yr deal or longer?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #25
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

He signed a 2 year this year.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote