The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default Coach McDaniels Thursday (10/21) Press Conference

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...7-2bc3c5ed59ad
Old 10-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Gene Kranz type praise for DJ!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
TheProfessor
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Coach has a serious level of respect for DJ.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Coach has a serious level of respect for DJ.
Hogwash. I'm going to have to go with Alec and cutthemdown on this one. He's no leader and he's nothing special. Josh McDaniels doesn't have a clue what he's talking about and he has no idea what real leadership and impact play is.

/sarcasm off

Old 10-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

You can't help but wonder what DJ's career might have been without so many changes.

At least he's getting a bit of recognition now. He's a very good player.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Hogwash. I'm going to have to go with Alec and cutthemdown on this one. He's no leader and he's nothing special. Josh McDaniels doesn't have a clue what he's talking about and he has no idea what real leadership and impact play is.

/sarcasm off

while you're at it...how about a recap
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Show me where I say Mcdaniels has no idea what he is doing? Been supporting his hiring since before we announced it. Check the threads if you don't believe it. I never once said this is Mcdaniels fault. I did say he probably needs to win by next yr r Bowlen may get antsy.

I also questioned if he has staff put together just right yet. He's young though could take some time.

All I said was the not getting enough players on the field against the gaguars for a TD, then again for a FG attempt against jet's, pisses me off and is a joke. That and the missed fg because of bad snap, the bad ST breakdowns etc etc make Broncos look like a joke. How can that happen on to a good team at this level? It's very unBroncolike and it upsets me.

I have also said Broncos really soft still. Not enough in the front 7 and the safety's outside of Dawk really bad IMO. It's not whining it's just how it is.

Go ahead rail away. I know how good you all feel having someone to turn into the bad guy so you don't have to face the facts.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
while you're at it...how about a recap
Coach McDaniels said that they got great effort from Marty Biron, tonight. He felt they probably couldn't beat a good team like Toronto with Hank in goal. Talked about leadership and saves at the key times. There could be a real goaltender controversy....they're focused on starting the right guy, not the guy who makes the most money.

Oh wait...I thought you wanted a recap of Torts postgame interview, my bad.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Show me where I say Mcdaniels has no idea what he is doing? Been supporting his hiring since before we announced it. Check the threads if you don't believe it. I never once said this is Mcdaniels fault. I did say he probably needs to win by next yr r Bowlen may get antsy.

I also questioned if he has staff put together just right yet. He's young though could take some time.

All I said was the not getting enough players on the field against the gaguars for a TD, then again for a FG attempt against jet's, pisses me off and is a joke. That and the missed fg because of bad snap, the bad ST breakdowns etc etc make Broncos look like a joke. How can that happen on to a good team at this level? It's very unBroncolike and it upsets me.

I have also said Broncos really soft still. Not enough in the front 7 and the safety's outside of Dawk really bad IMO. It's not whining it's just how it is.

Go ahead rail away. I know how good you all feel having someone to turn into the bad guy so you don't have to face the facts.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

DJ =
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I don't care what anyone says, I love McDaniels and think he's great for this organization. Once he builds up depth and has a few more years to get this team going I honestly believe we're going to be a perennial powerhouse.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #12
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I don't care what anyone says, I love McDaniels and think he's great for this organization. Once he builds up depth and has a few more years to get this team going I honestly believe we're going to be a perennial powerhouse.

The only surprise to me is so many of the resedant genius' can't see that, it seems so self evident.

Go listen to a presser from last year than listen to today's or last weeks. He never says "the player" anymore he addresses every player by his first name and always finds something positive about whom ever he is talking about without blowing smoke.

Josh McDaniels is growing into a great head football coach right before our eyes.

It's great to see So. Cal's respect for "Coach McDaniels" growing.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:37 PM   #13
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The only surprise to me is so many of the resedant genius' can't see that, it seems so self evident.

Go listen to a presser from last year than listen to today's or last weeks. He never says "the player" anymore he addresses every player by his first name and always finds something positive about whom ever he is talking about without blowing smoke.

Josh McDaniels is growing into a great head football coach right before our eyes.

It's great to see So. Cal's respect for "Coach McDaniels" growing.
Absolutely. However, the skeptics' doubt is understandable though when you look at it from a realist's point of view. We are far removed from our glory days and they want wins, NOW. They don't know how to get them, but they expect success NOW. It takes time, and patience is a hard thing to come by in this atmosphere of 'what have you done for me lately'.

I believe in time they will come around, winning heals a lot of wounds.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Absolutely. However, the skeptics' doubt is understandable though when you look at it from a realist's point of view. We are far removed from our glory days and they want wins, NOW. They don't know how to get them, but they expect success NOW. It takes time, and patience is a hard thing to come by in this atmosphere of 'what have you done for me lately'.

I believe in time they will come around, winning heals a lot of wounds.

"Realist" is just another word for "I can't see what is right in front of my face so I gotta look at some numbers".

Put that one on your refrigerator.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #15
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

Josh McDaniels is growing into a great head football coach right before our eyes. It's great to see So. Cal's respect for "Coach McDaniels" growing.
4-14 in his last 18 games.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #16
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
"Realist" is just another word for "I can't see what is right in front of my face so I gotta look at some numbers".

Don't mistake realistic for delusional...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:17 AM   #17
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
4-14 in his last 18 games.
I do enjoy MCDs but this stat is ugly. He just needs some defensive help and I think we can kill it out there. There is no reason for people not to believe that we are a very competitive team with a non-injury-bug season and some defensive help.
Even though no one gives Orton any credit, I cant tell you how much better i feel with Orton dropping back rather than Cutler. McDs really knows how to teach QBs, excited to see what he can do with Tebow
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #18
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:

Did not mean to infer that a realist's point of view should be that of skepticism, only that a realist should expect for part of a population of fans to be complainers and haters in a situation such as this.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #19
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Did not mean to infer that a realist's point of view should be that of skepticism, only that a realist should expect for part of a population of fans to be complainers and haters in a situation such as this.
I know. I wasn't going off on you. More like a built up reaction to the "But we are 4 and 12" bunch.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #20
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan2438 View Post
I do enjoy MCDs but this stat is ugly. He just needs some defensive help and I think we can kill it out there. There is no reason for people not to believe that we are a very competitive team with a non-injury-bug season and some defensive help.
Even though no one gives Orton any credit, I cant tell you how much better i feel with Orton dropping back rather than Cutler. McDs really knows how to teach QBs, excited to see what he can do with Tebow
So true. I feel like every time he drops back, something good will happen. Of course, it always won't... but I'm always happy to see him scanning the field.

Cutler was just a disaster waiting to happen.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:35 AM   #21
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
So true. I feel like every time he drops back, something good will happen. Of course, it always won't... but I'm always happy to see him scanning the field.

Cutler IS just a disaster waiting to happen.
Fixed it for you
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:09 AM   #22
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

DJ is the only vet leader on that defense that might be here next year. Dawkins deal has an option to cancel given the excessive bump in pay and Bailey is a free agent.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #23
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'll be very surprised if Champ goes anywhere, they'll either tag him or get a contract worked out IMO.

Either way, we do need some of our younger guys to step it up and make this defense theirs, to be a leader going forward. I hope Dawkins has rubbed off on DJ a bit, because he really should be that guy for us. But he just doesn't seem to be the vocal type... Champ never has been either.

Ayers could be a possibility, he certainly has the physical playing style and should be a fixture on our D going forward. Woodyard seems to be a natural leader, but he's only situational player for us.

Need some of the youngsters to step up.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:51 AM   #24
shovelpass#30
Rookie

Elvis is alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan2438 View Post
I do enjoy MCDs but this stat is ugly.
It's also wrong. 4-12 (not to say that's much better...)
shovelpass#30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:58 AM   #25
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

Listen up dude, you are just gonna have to knock this crap off or be banned cause you couldn't surely be a REAL BRONCO FAN disagreeing with MCD and pointing out coaching mistakes and such ?
lol

Come on drink the KOOL AID too, Some of these characters AROUND HERE have drank so much KOOL AID and had SO MUCH sunshine BLEW UP YOU KNOW WHERE by McD and been fed so much BS from McD they could have a hell of a nice garden out back ??
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote