The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should this thread have a poll?
Yes 15 71.43%
No 6 28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default First live Broncos game help needed

I am going to my first ever live Broncos game for the Chiefs game november 14 funded by the missus.

Is there a hotel with airport shuttle service close to the stadium or downtown that has reasonable prices?

How do I get in on some tailgating, being at my first game I want to do it right and I figure that includes tailgating, who should I talk to and when and where should I be? I won't have a car so is there anything I should bring that I can carry?

Hoping for a bit of help to make it unforgetable, the first time always should be.

Last edited by gyldenlove; 10-20-2010 at 09:52 AM..
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

is this a poll?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
is this a poll?
Hmmm, not a bad idea.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Meck will have the best answers, but when my wife and I went... we just drove the rental down to the parking lot early, parked and started walking around, tailgating. People will be out early, in force. Tons of stuff to do and look at. I know it's not Mile High, but it really is a beautiful stadium and extremely user-friendly. I didn't find traffic in and out to be the nightmare it is at other stadiums, either.

You're going to love it.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

If the Danish guy is flying 6,000 miles for a game, ive really run out of excuses...maybe next year
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am going to my first ever live Broncos game for the Chiefs game november 14 funded by the missus.

Is there a hotel with airport shuttle service close to the stadium or downtown that has reasonable prices?

How do I get in on some tailgating, being at my first game I want to do it right and I figure that includes tailgating, who should I talk to and when and where should I be? I won't have a car so is there anything I should bring that I can carry?

Hoping for a bit of help to make it unforgetable, the first time always should be.
Just wear some gear and look for fans. Find a huge group and tell them you from out of the country and they'll take you in. Have fun, I may be at that game.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Hmmm, not a bad idea.
Here's wishing you the very best gameday experience.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I come in once a year for a game. The best thing to do is park at a meter since they are free on Sunday and take the light rail over to the stadium. The other option is to pay to park in one of the lots downtown and take the light rail over...its about a 5 min ride on the light rail to the stadium from downtown
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #9
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Nice! have fun and enjoy GL.

You can take the shuttle from DIA for 40 bucks.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Just make sure you scream yourself hoarse.
serious hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Really hoping they pull that one off to really make your experience enjoyable.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Really hoping they pull that one off to really make your experience enjoyable.
That is why I chose the Chiefs game, wanted a win.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

1 - if you stay at the Red Lion, you can walk to the stadium. It's not in the best part of town though.

2 - For more classy accommodations you can stay at the Westin, Adams Mark, Hilton, Ritz Carleton or Hyatt downtown and ride the free shuttle down 16th street to Union Station - catch the C-line (I think its the C-line) to Invesco. The train ride will cost you about $1.50.

I don't know about airport shuttles, but be advised that the Denver airport is farther from the actual city then any other airport I've been to. It's basically western Kansas... just something to consider. I remember paying $55 for a cab ride from the airport to my parents home in Littleton.

3. For tailgating, I would contact Leo (TailgateNut) who is the man when it comes to these things. If you try to pay him, he wont accept - so sneak in some burgers, beer, or brats when he isn't looking.

4. After the game, go to the Wynkoop Brewery and sample some of the beers there (the place was started by John Hickenlooper, the mayor of Denver and soon-to-be governor of Colorado). If you don't I will track you down in Denmark and force a case of Carlsburg down your throat.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 10-20-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
That is why I chose the Chiefs game, wanted a win.
You should try and make the 9ers game... we're gonna rock a tailgate there.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #15
JLine27
Rookie

My wife and I came to town about 3 or 4 years ago for the game. We stayed at the Westin and just grabbed a cab in the morning to the game. Quick ride and was probably like $15. We went to the tent (not sure what's it called) for food and drink before the game. Great time and fun to check out the early games before.

I'm flying out for the Chiefs game as well this year. Can't wait!! My wife got me the plane ticket for my birthday. My buddy lives over by Coors and we just need to get a couple tickets. We want to to sit lower level just trying to find a decent priced pair.

Should be a blast!!!
JLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #16
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by HombreGuapo View Post
1 - if you stay at the Hotel VQ at Mile High, you can walk to the stadium. It's not in the best part of town though.

2 - For more classy accommodations you can stay at the Westin, Adams Mark, Hilton, Ritz Carleton or Hyatt downtown and ride the free shuttle down 16th street to Union Station - catch the C-line (I think its the C-line) to Invesco. The train ride will cost you about $1.50.

I don't know about airport shuttles, but be advised that the Denver airport is farther from the actual city then any other airport I've been to. It's basically western Kansas... just something to consider. I remember paying $55 for a cab ride from the airport to my parents home in Littleton.

3. For tailgating, I would contact Leo (TailgateNut) who is the man when it comes to these things. If you try to pay him, he wont accept - so sneak in some burgers, beer, or brats when he isn't looking.

4. After the game, go to the Wynkoop Brewery and sample some of the beers there (the place was started by John Hickenlooper, the mayor of Denver and soon-to-be governor of Colorado). If you don't I will track you down in Denmark and force a case of Carlsburg down your throat.

Hope that helps.
Its the VQ used to be red lion.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #17
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
Its the VQ used to be red lion.
And the area is not bad at all honestly...
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #18
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

If I grab 24 beers before the game, can I trade for some food at the tailgate? I figure that is probably the easiest way to go, I can bring those in a cab.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #19
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
If I grab 24 beers before the game, can I trade for some food at the tailgate? I figure that is probably the easiest way to go, I can bring those in a cab.
Just hook up with TGN, you'll have food, you'll have beer, you'd even have a TV to watch the early games, that or talk to Meck, I'm sure the bus will be making an appearance. If you check out some of the hotels actually run shuttles to and from the game. We stayed at the Red Lion on Quebec this last week and they were running shuttles to the game for cheaper than a taxi ride.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #20
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

This will also be my first actual tailgating experience. I've been a broncos fan for 30 years, been to countless games, but never actually tailgated.

Which lot does TailGateNut park in?

Will I be able to hang out during the game and watch it anywhere?

We will not actually be going in to the game, we just want to hang out with fellow Broncos fans since we live so close to the stadium
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

You know there is a tailgate section with a ton of info and others going to the games. THe most important is to have a sign. Big one too. I am thinking something like Dirty Sanchez if it was the Jets. 49ers are in the way gay part of the country so something deragatory towards them (and include chris and Blart's name too for OM sake) will get you camera time and high fives all around especially from 12 year old sign holders. If you do take the light rail, listen in for some great gossip on the broncos. That **** is for real and needs to be duplicated as accurate as possible for a future thread at the Mane.
On the serious tip, VQ is next door to the stadium and they have a shuttle to lower downtown if you dont want to drive. TGN is there every game and does a great tailgatting. If you want to gamble, there are shuttles up to Black Hawk/Central City and are really neat old mining towns. If you are coming out of a bar late at night, you must buy a potato burrito.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You know there is a tailgate section with a ton of info and others going to the games. THe most important is to have a sign. Big one too. I am thinking something like Dirty Sanchez if it was the Jets. 49ers are in the way gay part of the country so something deragatory towards them (and include chris and Blart's name too for OM sake) will get you camera time and high fives all around especially from 12 year old sign holders. If you do take the light rail, listen in for some great gossip on the broncos. That **** is for real and needs to be duplicated as accurate as possible for a future thread at the Mane.
On the serious tip, VQ is next door to the stadium and they have a shuttle to lower downtown if you dont want to drive. TGN is there every game and does a great tailgatting. If you want to gamble, there are shuttles up to Black Hawk/Central City and are really neat old mining towns. If you are coming out of a bar late at night, you must buy a potato burrito.
Potato burrito, noted.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I recommend checking the OM tailgate forum also.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #24
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Stay downtown and take the lightrail.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #25
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
May I suggest the steak and potato burrito from Illegal Petes? Holy ****, that is some tasty ****. Add nacho cheese and thank me later.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote