The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default DJ hits some milestones vs. the Jets

D.J. MILESTONE: Denver linebacker D.J. Williams played in his 100th career game Sunday and was productive as ever.

He recorded a team-high 11 tackles with one sack, one tackle for loss and two passes defended.

Williams entered the game as the Broncos' leading tackler with 45 (33 solo) and was tied for the team lead with 1.5 sacks. He is the only player in the NFL to accumulate 650-plus tackles, double-digit sacks and 35-plus tackles for a loss since 2004.

From: http://www.chieftain.com/sports/loca...cc4c03286.html

Hopefully this year he can finally get the Pro Bowl recognition he deserves. I think he's 3rd in the AFC in tackles among LB's behind only Mayo and Timmons.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 10-18-2010 at 10:32 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
TheProfessor
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He is the only player in the NFL to accumulate 650-plus tackles, double-digit sacks and 35-plus tackles for a loss since 2004.

From: http://www.chieftain.com/sports/loca...cc4c03286.html
Even more amazing, he did it while playing 4 different positions and 5 different coordinators
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Even more amazing, he did it while playing 4 different positions and 5 different coordinators
I must admit, until last year I did not see DJ making the impact on defense that Wilson made. I don't know if I was just missing his impact but the last two years he has really stood out. Especially this year.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

He is a great player. I am happy he is finally locked into learning just one position.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I never understand why people spend so much time dogging him.

Didn't know that stat overall badassness since 2004. Pretty impressive. Speaks to a complete, all-around defensive game.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #6
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Good for DJ he played great yesterday, maybe a pro bowl for him this year?

Or will the teams record hold him back.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #7
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
I must admit, until last year I did not see DJ making the impact on defense that Wilson made. I don't know if I was just missing his impact but the last two years he has really stood out. Especially this year.
He's still no Wilson but right now that's more about leadership than product on the field.

DJ will never be to his defenses what Al Wilson was to his though. Al was a rare leader and even the great leaders we've had since (Lynch, Dawkins, bailey to a lesser extent) are no where near the leader that Al was.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i like DJ and glad he is here for awhile, the only issue i ever had with him is he misses plays and gets his tackles, but a lot of times (not always) they are after the damage of 3-4 yards is done. wish he was a more impact linebacker like timmons is right now in pitt.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

DJ is a stud and was one of the few players on this team that could tackle for a few years. He has also been selfless, playing every LB position without complaint. I'm not sure how anyone can say anything bad about him.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #10
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

What about Cutler?
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Cutler didn't play at Miami. cough, cough

Next comes the sales pitch for Colin McCarthy.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 10-19-2010 at 09:36 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Cutler didn't play at Miami. cough, cough

Next comes the sales pitch for Colon McCarthy.
Fixed it for you.
broncogary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #13
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Bronco "fans" should pay more respect to DJ. He is and has been a very good player throughout his career. We have several other young guys that are currently getting dogged by fans, and in a few years will have great careers just like DJ.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i like DJ and glad he is here for awhile, the only issue i ever had with him is he misses plays and gets his tackles, but a lot of times (not always) they are after the damage of 3-4 yards is done. wish he was a more impact linebacker like timmons is right now in pitt.
While I have usually felt this way about DJ, this year I think he is making far more impact plays behind the line of scrimmage and in coverage than he has in the past. He's the one that stuffed the Ravens 4th down TD try last week if I'm not mistaken.

The dude is tearing it up this year and deserves as much credit as anyone on the defense.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #15
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Dude is a lifetime Bronco, I'm paying him the ultimate tribute, annointing him my Adopt-a-Bronco...
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #16
Popps
It's so easy

We've certainly seen more Good DJ than Bad DJ this season. Let's hope that keeps up.
I still don't think he's a true answer on the inside, but he's played well and is the least of the problems right now. He certainly does bring positives to the defense.

He'd be a monster in a 4-3 on the weak-side where he could just do what he does best. But, at this stage... we're lucky to have him.

The love/hate relationship continues.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #17
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I give DJ a hard time. I still think it was a dumb pick with teammate Wilfork still on the board, but Shanahan was an idiot when it came to d-linemen. He's played well to excellent every year he's been here and deserves the credit. Congrats DJ.....you Hurricane scum.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #18
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
We've certainly seen more Good DJ than Bad DJ this season. Let's hope that keeps up.
I still don't think he's a true answer on the inside, but he's played well and is the least of the problems right now. He certainly does bring positives to the defense.

He'd be a monster in a 4-3 on the weak-side where he could just do what he does best. But, at this stage... we're lucky to have him.

The love/hate relationship continues.
I have to say, he has really made me appreciate him this year, in years past we have seen a number of plays that displayed just how many times he has changed position and defensive system, it showed that he wasn't always natural or quick to react to the play. This year I think he has really shown a level of comfort on the inside, he reacts faster, he makes plays more consistently and he does a lot of little things well, I see him take on blockers at the line to force the run where it is supposed to go as well as making some good plays in coverage in the flat.

I think he is the type of guy a lot of 3-4 teams like to have at ILB, very athletic and can play a multitude of roles.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #19
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

DJ has become a solid Professional player the last 2 years, mostly because he does not make the mental mistakes that have plagued him in the past. The guy is an extraordinary athlete and physical specimen, but he still lacks the mental speed to be a pro bowl level player IMHO. He is still not a playmaker, but at least he does his job every down.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #20
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
DJ has become a solid Professional player the last 2 years, mostly because he does not make the mental mistakes that have plagued him in the past. The guy is an extraordinary athlete and physical specimen, but he still lacks the mental speed to be a pro bowl level player IMHO. He is still not a playmaker, but at least he does his job every down.
This. It's why I dont give him Wilson status...yet. Im not sure he will ever be a true outstanding playmaker but I think what we have in DJ is a very solid, very good player that wont **** up. I wish he blitzed better, but he doesnt do too bad. He covers RBs well out in the flat (at least this year).
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #21
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
He's still no Wilson but right now that's more about leadership than product on the field.

DJ will never be to his defenses what Al Wilson was to his though. Al was a rare leader and even the great leaders we've had since (Lynch, Dawkins, bailey to a lesser extent) are no where near the leader that Al was.
I agree with this. But Good for DJ. He's turned into a very versitile and valuable player.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #22
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolFreak View Post
I never understand why people spend so much time dogging him.

Didn't know that stat overall badassness since 2004. Pretty impressive. Speaks to a complete, all-around defensive game.
because until last year he made no impact plays what so ever ! name a game until last year that he made a tackle that won a game or 4th down .yes all those tackles were nice but it would be great to have them more like the last two years before the opposing team makes a first down .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
because until last year he made no impact plays what so ever ! name a game until last year that he made a tackle that won a game or 4th down .yes all those tackles were nice but it would be great to have them more like the last two years before the opposing team makes a first down .
Last year, DJ's 74 run tackles happened 4.3 yards down field for around 100th in the league. He did much better in pass defense with 48 targets for only 5.1 YPA, for 12th in the league.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #24
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Last year, DJ's 74 run tackles happened 4.3 yards down field for around 100th in the league. He did much better in pass defense with 48 targets for only 5.1 YPA, for 12th in the league.
Well last years run defense had so many problems, granted he was not helping things a lot, but it wasn't the easiest of working conditions.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #25
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

DJ is a solid pro and border line pro-bowl worthy. He is the least of our problems at LB. We need to pair him with someone better than Haggan, though Haggan is at least solid as well. Our LBs will look so much better when we get Doom and Ayers back. If we could get some talent on the D-line they would all look so much better.

couple that with the need for a high pick at CB to take over for Goodman/Champ in a couple years. I think Cox in a couple years will be a solid starting CB and was a steal in the 5th.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote