The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default We are playoff bound! Yes that's right I said it.

What are the records in the west

KC 3-2
Den 2-4
Chugers 2-4
Oak 2-4

The Chugers are done, the Queefs are on a down ward spiral, Oakland is still the worst team in NFL history and we should have beaten what is thought to be the best team in the NFL.

As crappy as we have started out I think we can still win our division. It does not matter what our record is as long as we come out on top in the AFC West.

Questions

1 can we get a running game.
2 Is Elvis out for the year or can he make it back ( Elvis and Ayers together make me smile )
3 Can we find away to let Orton play between the 20's and Tebow in the red zone.
4. Can we get a new center before the trade dead line ends?

Yes my glasses may be blue and Orange but I don't think it is that far fetched.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Yes, Elvis is out for the year and has been since before the season started.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Chargers always start slow.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Chargers always start slow.
It's game 6 and they just lost to the Rams.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Chargers will adjust as they always do. You are having us make the playoffs but the other 3 teams are now saying the same thing. There is only one team that will come out of the funk and I am not sure us winning 8 games will be enough. Win the games in division (which we have had exactly zero of) and then talk playoffs. In a few posts, you will have the famous, "Playoffs?" clip from Jim Mora.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #6
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Chargers will adjust as they always do. You are having us make the playoffs but the other 3 teams are now saying the same thing. There is only one team that will come out of the funk and I am not sure us winning 8 games will be enough. Win the games in division (which we have had exactly zero of) and then talk playoffs. In a few posts, you will have the famous, "Playoffs?" clip from Jim Mora.
We are only one game behind KC. If you look at the teams we have played compared to those they played it's not even close.

I know we lost to the Jets and Indy but I came out of those games with the feeling that if one play had went the other direction we would have won them both.

I honestly fill that this is the year the Chugers implode so that leaves KC.

The only thing KC has is there run game. We have went against 2 of the best running teams in the NFL had pretty much shut them down. Including holding Chris Henry to 44 yards.

I know these last for game have sucked losing but like I said before I think we could have just as easily won 2 of the 4 and the teams we played were much better then anyone in out division.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #7
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

I hate hearing this "chargers always start slow".......lol stfu up with that its obviously something more they just are not the same team period im sorry but you don't lose to the Seahawks and Rams and expect me to give you props, not to mention they are 0-2 against the division.

they drafted the future at RB supposedly doesnt look like anything special to me.......

look at the Chargers remaining schedule they can't afford to "always start slow".

7 Oct 24 NE @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:15 PM Tickets CBS 714 125 (NE)
122 (SD)
8 Oct 31 TEN @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:05 PM Tickets CBS 711
(SD)
9 Nov 07 SD @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 706 154 (SD)
122 (HOU)
10 Bye
11 Nov 22 DEN @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 8:30 PM Tickets ESPN 126 (DEN)
125 (SD) Radio
12 Nov 28 SD @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 8:20 PM Tickets NBC 126 (SD)
125 (IND) Radio
13 Dec 05 OAK @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:05 PM Tickets CBS 713 125 (OAK)
91 (SD)
14 Dec 12 KC @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:15 PM Tickets CBS 716 127 (KC)
121 (SD)
15 Dec 16 SF @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 8:20 PM Tickets NFLN 126 (SF)
125 (SD) Radio
16 Dec 26 SD @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 8:20 PM Tickets NBC 126 (SD)
125 (CIN) Radio
17 Jan 02 SD @ DEN Invesco Field at Mile High 4:15 PM Tickets CBS 717 122 (SD)
123 (DEN)

now look at ours.....not gonna post it you should know it by now
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:25 AM   #8
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We're two games behind Kansas, really.

That said, there's no good reason why we can't go very close to winning the division. I know the Chargers always start slow, but they're 2-4 with three very difficult games to come before their bye. Patriots, Titans and Texans... not easy. They'll likely be 3-6 or 4-5 by the time they're done with those games, and with Floyd and Gates hurt the former looks more likely right now.

Kansas have to be the favourite to win the division right now. They're playing good football and should really have beaten the Texans yesterday. Their schedule looks pretty manageable as well.

We get to the bye at 4-4 and I think things will be looking very nice. We then have two weeks to prepare for Kansas at Invesco, in what would be a massive game against a Kansas team who'll probably be 5-3 or 6-2 coming in.

I'm not sure why some people are so down on us to be honest. We've played well 3 of the last four weeks against some really good teams, and were unlucky not to beat a very good Jets team. But it was always going to be a struggle for us up against the genuinely top teams in the league. We have an O-Line that is trying to come together, and a defense that has really been crippled by the loss of our most important defender. Were just not there yet.

But now we get to pick on someone our own size for a few weeks. The likes of Oakland, San Fran and Kansas shouldn't scare us, we should be able to beat them if we go out there and play well.

Our weakness is getting to the passer, and good QB's are going to do some damage to us. Fortunately the next three QB's we face are Jason Campbell, Alex Smith and Matt Cassel. If our run defense can play like it did yesterday, we should hold up just fine on D against those teams. We're not going to shut anyone down, but the defense should be at least competitive.

As for the offense, it's time to start consistently putting big numbers on the board. We're moving the ball well through the air, and the run game showed some signs of life yesterday when Moreno was on the field. Time to start turning those yards into points though, we've played three really good defenses in a row now and done a decent job of moving the ball well. The offense needs to go out there now and start putting 3 or 4 TD's on the board per game though against easier opponents, no excuses.

The playoffs ARE there for us. We're not out of it yet, and if we can win 7 of the last 10 games we'll go close to the playoffs.

But we need to cut out the bull****. No more stupid penalties on O, stop sucking on ST and be more consistent on D.

This team has the personnel to do well from here on in, but we need to go out there and execute. Time to see just where McD is taking this team.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

teams denver has played so far combined record: 22-11

to say tough part of schedule is over is an understatement.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #10
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Elvis is on IR.... even if he is capable of coming back, NFL rule prohibits him from playing this season since IR status opens up a roster spot for another player.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:41 AM   #11
Sir_Robin
Veteran Armor Soiler

Bravely taking to his feet...

Sir_Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #12
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

The good news for the Broncos is that they are still very much in the division race and they've played by far the toughest part of their schedule. The bad news is that there is no chance of a wild card coming from the AFC west.

The Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers have all played powderpuff schedules compared to the Broncos so far.

The Chargers can't go to the well of the "undefeated December" and expect to keep getting away with it.

It's going to come down to who takes care of business against division rivals, so it's all there for the taking as far as the Broncos are concerned.
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #13
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I love the optimism, but yeah. I'm not buying we're playoff bound at all.
We've played well 3 of the past 4 weeks? Well, we're 1-3 in the past 4 weeks so that doesn't mean much to me. And 2 of the losses were by 14 points. Now I feel we should be at the bye 3-5 at worst, where we should beat the Raiders at home and the 49ers game in London is a tossup IMO.
Heck, people were praising the run defense yesterday, and we still gave up 129 yards with a 4.3 ypc.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:31 AM   #14
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Haha, we won't go back to the playoffs with McDaniels.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #15
Bahshay
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Unfortunately, I think this is a lost season.

Our schedule has been tough and we have been right in the game for the majority of our losses (including games against Jax and the Jets that really should have been won). I think its still possible (though unlikely) that we recover to go .500, but I can't see us doing any better than that.

Quite frankly, we came into the season with an average defense that has become even worse due to injury. Tough break, but it happens. I don't think there is anyone specifically to blame for a down year this year (including McDaniels). Some years you get lucky, some years you don't. This year, we are just not lucky.

With that said, I am VERY excited about next season.
Bahshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #16
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahshay View Post
Unfortunately, I think this is a lost season.

Our schedule has been tough and we have been right in the game for the majority of our losses (including games against Jax and the Jets that really should have been won). I think its still possible (though unlikely) that we recover to go .500, but I can't see us doing any better than that.

Quite frankly, we came into the season with an average defense that has become even worse due to injury. Tough break, but it happens. I don't think there is anyone specifically to blame for a down year this year (including McDaniels). Some years you get lucky, some years you don't. This year, we are just not lucky.

With that said, I am VERY excited about next season.
Me too but I am also excited about the ten or so games we have left. I love watching the Broncos again and it's been a while since I could say that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:58 AM   #17
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

I just don't understand fans tossing the whole season just because it looks like we won't win the Super Bowl.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:59 AM   #18
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoneco1331 View Post
I love the optimism, but yeah. I'm not buying we're playoff bound at all.
We've played well 3 of the past 4 weeks? Well, we're 1-3 in the past 4 weeks so that doesn't mean much to me. And 2 of the losses were by 14 points. Now I feel we should be at the bye 3-5 at worst, where we should beat the Raiders at home and the 49ers game in London is a tossup IMO.
Heck, people were praising the run defense yesterday, and we still gave up 129 yards with a 4.3 ypc.
To be fair, the Jets came in averaging nearly 6 yards a carry and 165 yards per game on the ground.

Shutting them down was unrealistic, but we did enough to force the game into Sanchez's hands. They never consistently moved the ball on the ground, which has to be considered a job well done by our guys.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #19
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

On a completely unrelated topic, it would appear that The Reverend is now starting threads on the Chargers forum?

http://forums.chargers.com/showthrea...t=84086&page=2
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #20
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
yep.

The Chargers will have some success down the stretch despite Norv Turners' limp coaching and sneak into the division lead, only to lose in the playoffs yet again
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I thought we were heading for the playoffs after the Tennessee win, really for me what the playoffs this year came down to was this:

With 10 games against the NFC and AFC West, we should win 7 of those, I believe 10-6 will makes the playoffs, so we need 3 wins outside of those games, I believed that the win in Tennessee, home game against the Jets, home game against Houston would provide those 3 wins and take us to at least 10-6.

Losing to the Jets the way we did, reinforces my belief that we are a team who can go 10-6 with an easy schedule, however the way we lost, doesn't instill much confidence, we can not afford that many mental lapses in a game of that importance and in a game where we are very close to winning. If we can not improve our mental game, get rid of those mistakes, we are not going to even be an 8-8 team, we have a lot of potentialy close games coming up and we have to be able to close those out and we can not afford leaving points on the field.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 AM   #22
redrage
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
We are only one game behind KC. If you look at the teams we have played compared to those they played it's not even close.

I know we lost to the Jets and Indy but I came out of those games with the feeling that if one play had went the other direction we would have won them both.

I honestly fill that this is the year the Chugers implode so that leaves KC.

The only thing KC has is there run game. We have went against 2 of the best running teams in the NFL had pretty much shut them down. Including holding Chris Henry to 44 yards.

I know these last for game have sucked losing but like I said before I think we could have just as easily won 2 of the 4 and the teams we played were much better then anyone in out division.
If you believe that SD is in trouble (and I do too) and Oakland isn't a threat (as I believe) then it looks as if it really is shaping up to be a two-horse race between the Broncos and the Chiefs.

Looking as dispassionately as I can, the biggest hurdle for the Broncos to overcome is the flex portion of the schedule.

Broncos faced Baltimore and the Jets---0-2
Chiefs gets Cleveland and the Bills--2-0 (most likely)

Are the Broncos that much better than KC that they can overcomewhat is essentially a two-game deficit?

Let me illustrate. It is entirely possible that 9-7 may win the West.

To get to 9-7, Denver has to go 9-5 in their remaining games (outside of Baltimore and NYJets) They are currently 2-2. Need to go 7-3 the rest of the way to get to 9-7.

KC will likely have to go only 7-7 (provided they beat the Bills at home) in their remaining games. They are currently 2-2. Need to go 5-5 the rest of the way to get to 9-7.

I don't think KC or Denver has shown anything to suggest one team is 2 games better than the other, but it shows the hurdle Denver has to overcome.

Last edited by redrage; 10-18-2010 at 07:08 AM..
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #23
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

TBH if we lose 4 of the remaining 10 games Bowlen needs to seriously consider his options.

Kansas twice, Oakland twice, San Diego twice, St Louis, SF 49ers, Houston and Arizona.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #24
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

i think the only thing that dampens your hopes is McDaniels.
The west will be between 2 teams......KC and Denver
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #25
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
TBH if we lose 4 of the remaining 10 games Bowlen needs to seriously consider his options.

Kansas twice, Oakland twice, San Diego twice, St Louis, SF 49ers, Houston and Arizona.
You'd think about firing McDaniels for finishing 8-8?

Would be foolish really.

One thing McDaniels has proven is that he can work wonders with QB's, and he puts together a hell of a passing game. In today's NFL, that's a massive asset for your head coach to have. You don't give up after two years, especially before he's had a chance to see what he can do with Tebow.

Considering we lost our most important defender for the year, have had big injury issues and are starting multiple rookies on the offense you can't think about pulling the plug after this year... unless we go 4-12 or something. Even then I wouldn't, unless the team visibly quits on the season and the coach.