The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default Positives

I'll start.

The run game looked the best it has all season.

And if Tebow has to be used for runs like that, then so be it.

Good to have Moreno back (that fumble was a killer though).
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Beadles looked pretty good in pass protection. Hard to tell how he was in the run-game, but we did run better today.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Pass protection was mostly good.

The running game made progress.

We played a good team tough.

We left it all on the field (I really like that after watching the last few years of Shann's teams)

Orton was off today but he still made some great throws in very good coverage.

We got three turnovers.

Kicking game coming together.

Our receivers are the bomb.

Tebow got his first NFL TD.

Creative game plan. Loved the timely on side kick.

The defense was amazing given how short handed we were.

Cox was a draft steal. He's going to be a good one.

Champ had another great game so did DJ.

pass blocking was awesome.

You can see Orton is more sure of himself and in charge every week.

The team is playing for Josh. This is huge.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The team is playing for Josh. This is huge.
Felt bad for McDaniels today. What a game plan he put together, and what an effort by the team... all crushed by a couple of silly ****-ups.

But, the effort was extremely encouraging. Especially when contrasted to the crap we took in Baltimore last week.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,874

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

We lost. We should have won. We needed that game. Its the NFL.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,104
Default

This is the first game in years I don't even want to hear about the positives. I saw a lot but the end was just too bad.

Will get there though... keep em coming.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
This is the first game in years I don't even want to hear about the positives. I saw a lot but the end was just too bad.

Will get there though... keep em coming.
This game hurt, but to me... FAR less than last week. Last week we looked hopeless. This week, we can at least take away something.

We can play with any team in the league if we bring our A game.

Again, I just keep thinking what this team could have done if healthy. Hopefully next year.

Still, it'll be a fun season to watch play out. I'm holding expectations well in check... but hoping we can be a dark horse late in the season.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

The Good:

Team played hard today.

A MASH unit secondary came up mostly strong including two INTs.

The running game came out against a strong defense.

TDs in the Red Zone.

D-Line gets a sack.

Effort against the run game.

The on side kick.

Winning the TO ratio.

Good play by rookies on the O Line.

The Bad:

Quite honestly, Kyle Orton. IMHO, his worst game all season.

Missing a 49 yard FG after getting a 59 yard FG.

Three points generated from 3 TOs and a successful onside kick.

LT's 20 yard TD run.

Dropping two additional INTs.

The Ugly:

The pass interference/face mask 4th down.

The FG snap.

The last snap.



Did I miss anything?

While its a lose at home, and I wouldnt call it a 'morale victory' it seems like something this team can build on. If we can run reasonably well against the NYJ, we oughta be able to run well against other teams. Orton plays a little better, we make a couple of FGs, and this was a game we won. Throw in a few healthy players, and we have to feel good going into divisional play - esp in this division.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,767
Default

Barreling to a top 10 pick?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
This game hurt, but to me... FAR less than last week. Last week we looked hopeless. This week, we can at least take away something.

We can play with any team in the league if we bring our A game.

Again, I just keep thinking what this team could have done if healthy. Hopefully next year.

Still, it'll be a fun season to watch play out. I'm holding expectations well in check... but hoping we can be a dark horse late in the season.
I guess it hurts that much more when you're jumping from joy one moment only to realize a second later that the game just slipped away.

And I hate the Jets so much... arggggggggggggggh.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Greatspirits's Avatar
 
"Little Von!"

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Park Hill
Posts: 775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev
Default

Morale victories suck, but I still think this team is headed in the right direction, the running game needs to continue to improve and the defense hung in there considering all the injuries. Still I hate thinking; "We should have won this game!" Cause we should have!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

It was nice to see Cox not get beaten like an old rug.

The front 7 held up well against the run until they gassed out because the O could not sustain drives.

I was encouraged that mCd finally did things in the run game I was praying for him to do in week 3. Getting royal outside on the pitch where he could and did make a guy miss and Tebow in the redzone and out of the wildcat really sparked the run game and kept the Nyet's D playing honest and not jumping snap counts or selling out against the run.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #13
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,568

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Throughout most of the game, the defense put us in position to win. Cox, Haggan, and DJ Williams stepped up...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #14
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
The Good:

Team played hard today.

A MASH unit secondary came up mostly strong including two INTs.

The running game came out against a strong defense.

TDs in the Red Zone.

D-Line gets a sack.

Effort against the run game.

The on side kick.

Winning the TO ratio.

Good play by rookies on the O Line.

The Bad:

Quite honestly, Kyle Orton. IMHO, his worst game all season.

Missing a 49 yard FG after getting a 59 yard FG.

Three points generated from 3 TOs and a successful onside kick.

LT's 20 yard TD run.

Dropping two additional INTs.

The Ugly:

The pass interference/face mask 4th down.

The FG snap.

The last snap.



Did I miss anything?

While its a lose at home, and I wouldnt call it a 'morale victory' it seems like something this team can build on. If we can run reasonably well against the NYJ, we oughta be able to run well against other teams. Orton plays a little better, we make a couple of FGs, and this was a game we won. Throw in a few healthy players, and we have to feel good going into divisional play - esp in this division.
Sums it up pretty well
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #15
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,104
Default

I thought Cox got totally owned. What the hell?
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #16
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
I guess it hurts that much more when you're jumping from joy one moment only to realize a second later that the game just slipped away.

And I hate the Jets so much... arggggggggggggggh.
Thats the problem Blak.... the way we lost is a real gut twister... Last week we not only got thumped by a superior team but in the second half our players acquiesed and fell in line too much into the role of an inferior team.

This week they fought like hell agains huge odds and absolutely SHOULD have won this thing. The Jets know for sure they got away with one here. You're not gonna hear any 'soft' talk after this game from the Jets.

Give it some time BA,, tomorrow you might feel a little better that we didnt **** the bed today even though in some ways this one hurt a lot worse to watch in the moment!

This summer I had no expectation we would have an easy first half and my goal for the team was a .500 record at the bye which is still very doable, and at the very least 3-5 at the bye. then 6-2 or 5-3 the rest of the way which I still think is realistic with a little injury bug help.

But I DO expect us to play significantly better going forward, particularly from the bye on. The rookies are settling down some on the line. DT is gonna really blossom and I don't think were going back to the 35 yard rushing games from here!

Wish DT would have held on to that last one on the three yard line but it would have been a very difficult catch especially with hardly no practice with Kyle last week.

Cant fault Josh for the PI by Hill and the bothced snap by Walton/Orton that was the final difference in the game.

Still SUCKS to have lost like we did !!

Last edited by Hulamau; 10-17-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,064
Default

I'm considering it a positive that when we heard Ayers and Dawkins were hurt after last week that many declared us doomed, and yet we went out and shoulda/coulda/woulda beat one of the best few teams in the league if not for a disaster on a 4th and 6 desperation play.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,767
Default

Cox had his moments.

Most of the time he was getting burnt on the blitz not getting there.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #19
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,387
Default

all i know is that the Jets are all sitting on thier plane wiping their brows sighing a collective "Whooooo..."
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm considering it a positive that when we heard Ayers and Dawkins were hurt after last week that many declared us doomed, and yet we went out and shoulda/coulda/woulda beat one of the best few teams in the league if not for a disaster on a 4th and 6 desperation play.
Funny how Ayers wasn't missed much, if anything the D played better without him, they got a couple sacks (one was total coverage), bunch of TO's and stifled the run.

Ayers would not have made a difference, I think Hill sucked but as he is a starter Dawkins wouldn't have made a difference for Hill's suckage.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #21
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,387
Default

Bottom line is this..regardless of what happened, had we not botched that initial FG attempt, we'd have trailed 24-23 with 1:13 to go and needing only a FG instead of a TD to win it.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #22
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

I thought Jamal Williams played a hell of a game in at NT. DJ Williams also had a good game as usual. Cox did pretty good for a rookie and Champ did well except for the mercy injury after giving up the TD. On offense TEBOW was the answer for the run game, I just wish our run blocking scheme was better (I just can't imagine an O-line is that freakin sad in run blocking). DT had a good catch in the endzone, but he's got to do better on the long balls he's gotta make that catch at the end of the game if he wants to be a #1 WR.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #23
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,677

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Funny how Ayers wasn't missed much, if anything the D played better without him, they got a couple sacks (one was total coverage), bunch of TO's and stifled the run.

Ayers would not have made a difference, I think Hill sucked but as he is a starter Dawkins wouldn't have made a difference for Hill's suckage.
But look ahead to the possibility of that young, strong secondary behind the combo of Dumervil and Ayers.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #24
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Bottom line is this..regardless of what happened, had we not botched that initial FG attempt, we'd have trailed 24-23 with 1:13 to go and needing only a FG instead of a TD to win it.
True enough .... and though they dont pass out trophies for 'moral victories' in the NFL ... if they did we'd be near the top of the power rankings after this one.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #25
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends
 
STBumpkin's Avatar
 
Livin' The Dream

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Moreno looks much better than Maroney. I'm glad he's back.
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Denver Broncos