The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Default DT could play, Beadles splitting reps at RT, Moreno practicing again...

From rapid reports, some notable stuff here...

Oct. 15, 2010 12:18 p.m. - Coach Josh McDaniels said WR Demaryius Thomas (concussion) passed all the medical tests for clearance to return to practice Friday after having no recurring symptoms Thursday. Thomas must still get through Friday's practice OK before he's active Sunday. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 15, 2010 12:14 p.m. - WR Demaryius Thomas (concussion) won't return kickoffs Sunday, even if he dresses because of a lack of special-teams practice reps. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 15, 2010 12:12 p.m. - Russ Hochstein is expected to continue starting a second-straight week in place of Stanley Daniels. Ryan Harris and Zane Beadles continue to split reps at RT. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 15, 2010 12:04 p.m. - RB Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) will practice a second-straight day. WR Demaryius Thomas (concussion) has been cleared to return after two days off. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 3:12 p.m. - No surprises among Denver's practice absentees: S Brian Dawkins (knee), S Darcel McBath (ankle); OLB Robert Ayers (foot); LB Wesley Woodyard (hamstring) and CB Andre Goodman (quad). All have been ruled out previously. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 3:10 p.m. - NT Jamal Williams usually gets Thursday practices off to conserve him for the long season. But perhaps it's no coincidence after a 233-yard rushing performance vs. Denver, Williams is on the field with his teammates this week. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 2:29 p.m. - RB Knowshon Moreno feels good about returning to practice, but it's too early to gauge whether Sunday's a possibility. "I've been doing some things to test it out here and there but nothing full-go yet, so we'll see," he said. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 2:27 p.m. - RB Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) will return to practice Thursday, testing his leg for the first time since Oct. 6. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 1:34 p.m. - Rookie Zane Beadles is sharing snaps at RT with usual starter Ryan Harris. Russ Hochstein, who ran with the 1s last week, also is in a timeshare in practice with Stanley Daniels, the starter the first four games. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 1:23 p.m. - Nate Jones played both safety and corner in preseason, and he may do both Sunday. "It can be mentally taxing, but every week I go into a game, study what I got and I keep the left eye on one and the right eye on the other," Jones said. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 1:20 p.m. - QB Kyle Orton's rapport with the WRs is the best he's ever had, with three players over 325 yards already and a overall 66.2 percent completion percentage. "All the pass plays that we should hit we're completing a really, really high percentage of those plays," Orton said. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 1:14 p.m. - One difference QB Kyle Orton sees in New York's defense is its wilingness to go small with dime personnel even against heavy formations and still expect the defense to stop the run against bigger people. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 1:12 p.m. - S David Bruton talked about one of the keys in defending Jets QB Mark Sanchez is disrupting his quick release. "We've got to get our hands up and bat the ball down," Bruton said. Broncos RapidReports

Oct. 14, 2010 1:06 p.m. - Coach Josh McDaniels sees improvement in his team's weekly focus, putting aside both wins and losses quickly. "Last year we were too high when we were high and too low when we were low and it carried over to the next week's work ... and game," he said. Broncos RapidReports
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Good news on DT, I hope Moreno comes back soon we need him in the worse way.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

The Beadles news is interesting. Is Harris touch and go injury wise again, or is this a performance issue?
Old 10-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
The Beadles news is interesting. Is Harris touch and go injury wise again, or is this a performance issue?
Was just wondering about that on another thread. I've honestly been wondering about his play for a while, now.

Really, the right side of the line has been totally incapable of opening lanes. (Or the left, for that matter.)

At some point, you have to look at Kuper and Harris and ask about their performance. The reality is that none of us watch and break down OL tape on a game by game basis, so we don't know.

But, the fact that they're working in Beadles over there means there is a reason. The staff is seeing something that necessitates it.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

No news on LB reps, I'm going to be interested to see how things work there. I'd like to see Hagan moved back outside and give Mays a shot inside...Better answer than throwing Moss out there.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Was just wondering about that on another thread. I've honestly been wondering about his play for a while, now.

Really, the right side of the line has been totally incapable of opening lanes. (Or the left, for that matter.)

At some point, you have to look at Kuper and Harris and ask about their performance. The reality is that none of us watch and break down OL tape on a game by game basis, so we don't know.

But, the fact that they're working in Beadles over there means there is a reason. The staff is seeing something that necessitates it.
Kuper's play has really looked poor. Hopeful that it is from his injuries and that once he recovers he can play at a higher level. Right now though, he is a big part of our epic suck in the running game.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

I would if I could easily get my hands on game tape.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

DT - Just run straight as fast as you can and take a couple defenders with you.
Rulon Velvet Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Kuper's play has really looked poor. Hopeful that it is from his injuries and that once he recovers he can play at a higher level. Right now though, he is a big part of our epic suck in the running game.
I wonder if these guys that were stars in the ZBS are not capable of playing at a high level in the current system they are asked to play.

Even what was the best LT (Clady) in the league is struggling. Could be he is slowed because of his injury but it also could be he is not as good in a power blocking scheme.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I wonder if these guys that were stars in the ZBS are not capable of playing at a high level in the current system they are asked to play.

Even what was the best LT (Clady) in the league is struggling. Could be he is slowed because of his injury but it also could be he is not as good in a power blocking scheme.
many talkng heads locally are saying Clady's about 70 % but he's still better than anything else on our roster at the moment. I'm not too worried about Clady.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:

I'd highly suspect it's the injury, for Clady. Though, I don't think his run-blocking was his strength coming out of school, there's no way a healthy Clady will be a liability in the run-game.

I suspect our issues have much more to do with the interior line, but again... I'm just a fan, not a coach. Diagnosing specific problems with regards to run-blocking isn't my area of expertise.

I just see guys not holding their blocks and defenders living in our backfield on every play. People used to try to blame it on a lack of a deep passing game. (Which was an idiotic theory in the first place.) But, clearly... that's not the case.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

McDaniels is just preparing Beadles for the inevitable Harris injury

I think he looked OK at RT, but for some reason I see a younger version of Hochstein written all over Beadles

I also hope Walton steps it up, I havent been impressed with him so far

but then again everyone has sucked, so whatever Walton is struggling with seems to be also plaguing the other guys
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:

One thing obvious about the Ravens game, Clady is not yet fully recovered. He is usually very good with speed guys but struggled with Suggs last week. He was beat on a few occasions that we would not have seen last year. I hope he can get back to normal while still playing.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
One thing obvious about the Ravens game, Clady is not yet fully recovered. He is usually very good with speed guys but struggled with Suggs last week. He was beat on a few occasions that we would not have seen last year. I hope he can get back to normal while still playing.
The injury is hurting him, another thing that nobody really talks about is his feet. The reason he had good feet was playing basketball, which is of course the reason why he got injured in the offseason. He needs to continue playing basketball when he is fully recovered or he'll lose his mobility. But I bet management wouldn't want him doing that. So I doubt he'll ever get back to his former self
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
The injury is hurting him, another thing that nobody really talks about is his feet. The reason he had good feet was playing basketball, which is of course the reason why he got injured in the offseason. He needs to continue playing basketball when he is fully recovered or he'll lose his mobility. But I bet management wouldn't want him doing that. So I doubt he'll ever get back to his former self
this is very strange speculation.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #16
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
that's one way to put it

also, his quick feet were something I remember very specifically people giving him good marks about

http://warroomreport.com/index.php?o...d=105&Itemid=1

Quote:
Strengths: Ryan Clady has continued to progress and improve his overall game throughout his entire collegiate career…has quick feet that he utilizes to get off the line of scrimmage with above average quickness…would be a solid fit at either left or right tackle…has ton of experience pass and run blocking…There are no concerns about the wing span of Ryan Clady…an underrated athlete, who seems to have an excellent work ethic…
http://boisestate.scout.com/a.z?s=33...3351%26fhn%3d1

Quote:
Prep defensive tackle, who was moved to OT as a frosh. Has outstanding feet, balance, and body control. Came off the football with good pad level, hit on the rise with good hand placement. Good inline power and finish. Plays on his feet. Great work habits. On pass pro, I felt his sets were efficient. Good depth on his kick step. Did overplay and open outside shoulder some. Replaces hands. good balance points. Top round draft consideration.

Last edited by Rabb; 10-15-2010 at 02:09 PM..
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #17
extralife
Ring of Famer

Why don't we just play Beadles at LG? You know, the position we drafted him to play?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Hahahaha he NEEDS to play basketball?? /palmface
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #19
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HombreGuapo View Post
I would if I could easily get my hands on game tape.
Go to game rewind on NFL.com and sign up, not wuite like a OL specific film but will give you a good idea whats going on.

Our three vet Oline guys were drafted for the Zone system and Harris while a good zone blocker and pass protector is no road grater. Neoither is KUpe so much for that matter.

And the two newbies while better suited physically for Power oline play are still wet behind the ears. That combination plus the injuries and just the amount of changes each week so nothing has been able to gel are likely all directly causing what we've seen so far.

This group can get a lot better no doubt with time and no more injuries but whether they can be an elite power scheme OL with Harris and Kupe as well as with Daniels ( though he is better built for it) remains to be seen...

Last edited by Hulamau; 10-15-2010 at 02:55 PM..
Hulamau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #20
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Thats a stretch of speculation! Clady shouldn't touch another basketball until 4 years prior to his Hall of Fall induction speech!
Hulamau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
jbiel
Seasoned Veteran

Has there been a game where Walton hasn't got called for a holding? I know he's young but it seems he's had a lot of penalties for a center.
jbiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #22
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiel View Post
Has there been a game where Walton hasn't got called for a holding? I know he's young but it seems he's had a lot of penalties for a center.
Hell he was offside twice.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Which part? That he got his feet from playing basketball? Because that he said so himself as well as shanny when he drafted him.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

footballoutsiders called JD walton the worst starting center in football.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Which part? That he got his feet from playing basketball? Because that he said so himself as well as shanny when he drafted him.
That his good feet would magically disappear because he stopped. Its asisnine...there are plenty of drills to do to keep your footwork that dont involve a 320 lb man jumping up and down and tangling his feet with others
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote