The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default Scouts Inc Week 6: Jets at Broncos

Jets-Broncos: 10 observations

By Ken Moll
Scouts Inc.
New York at Denver
When: 4:05 PM ET
Watch: CBS
Preview
More scouting reports: Week 6
Scouts Inc. Position Advantage
QB: DEN
RB: NYJ
WR: NYJ (Same guy said Balt had better WRs last week. How'd that look?)
OL: NYJ
DL: NYJ
LB: NYJ
DB: NYJ
ST: NYJ
Coach: NYJ

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Jets-Broncos matchup.

1. New York needs to continue to pound the football: Denver has struggled to defend the run, yielding 127 yards at 4.4 yards per attempt. The Jets have been excellent rushing the ball, averaging 165 yards per game at 5-plus yards per attempt. Look for the Jets to set the tempo on the road with a good dose of LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene toting the football.

2. Take shots down field: The Jets have been great at protecting their quarterback and Denver has struggled to pressure their opponents' signal caller (only five sacks thus far). With the addition of Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards, Mark Sanchez is likely to have time to let them stretch the field on deep routes.

3. Stop the run first out of nickel and dime schemes: The Broncos are by far the worst in the league at rushing the football, averaging only 52 yards per contest. Their strong suit is the passing game, where they rank second in the league with 333 yards per game. Look for the Jets to have extra secondary defenders on early downs to counter this potent Broncos air assault.

4. Bring the heat in from a variety of places: Kyle Orton is a crafty veteran that can pick a defense apart when given time to scan the field. He is also quick to hit his "hot reads" versus the blitz. Look for an aggressive game plan from Rex Ryan and his staff coming from every area of the defense (all-out man and zone blitzes including safety and corner pressure).

5. Matchup to watch: New York WR Braylon Edwards and Denver CB Champ Bailey: Edwards is clearly the Jets' most dangerous downfield threat and presents problems for most secondary defenders with his combination of size, strength and athleticism. Bailey is still considered one of the best cornerbacks in the league and should be matchup often with Edwards in this contest. Look for an excellent perimeter battle between these two outstanding players.

6. Establish some kind of ground attack: As dismal as the Denver rushing attack is, Josh McDaniels and his staff need to design a ground attack that has a chance to be successful. Look for a wrinkle or two (possibly the wildcat formation) to move the chains on the ground in this week's matchup.

7. Utilize the entire playbook: This will be the toughest test for this explosive Broncos' passing attack and the Jets have to travel to Denver on a short week of preparation. Look for Denver to give the New York defense a variety of looks with play-action and quick passes to keep the Jets off-balance.

8. Denver must stop the run first: The Jets are impressive with their physical ground attack and this must be the focus for an inconsistent Denver defense. Look for the Broncos defense to play man coverage on the perimeter with their talented cornerbacks and commit extra defenders in the box.

9. Win the special teams phase of the game: The Broncos are clearly outmatched on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. Denver has been inconsistent in the kicking game, but will likely spend extra time in preparation this week. Look for the Broncos' special teams to change field position and momentum in this week's contest.

10. Matchup to watch between Denver WR Brandon Lloyd and New York's cornerbacks: Lloyd leads the league in receiving yards (589 yards) and averages 19.6 yards per catch. Both Darrelle Revis (when healthy) and Antonio Cromartie are excellent athletes as perimeter defenders. This should be an outstanding battle between a high-powered passing attack and a stingy defense which relies heavily on man coverage schemes.

Prediction
New York 23
Denver 20
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

NYJ advantage in pretty much every area = a 3 point win? Okay....
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I'll back off on this one. Remember, we're not allowed to criticize the writing and opinions of others.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Haha my favourite part of the week is how everyone gets so angry at these.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am looking for Royal to have a huge game. Cromartie will probably match up with Lloyd (they had him on Moss), Revis if he plays will go on Gaffney, leaving Royal the middle of the field to do his thing, which he does so well.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am looking for Royal to have a huge game. Cromartie will probably match up with Lloyd (they had him on Moss), Revis if he plays will go on Gaffney, leaving Royal the middle of the field to do his thing, which he does so well.
I totally agree Royal should have a huge day as they do leave the middle of field open at times as we do
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I always look forward to Scouts' 3-4 point guesses
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Do these breakdowns account for injuries?

Is their secondary really better w/o Revis for them and Dawkins/Goodman for us?

Would our LBs be better at full strength?

What coach could we face that they would say is worse than McDaniels?

21 - 20 Denver (we win because of the orange-out)
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

I just like how they go out on a limb and say the Jets are better in every single area except QB, but then only predict a 3 point win for the Jets. They do this seemingly every week.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

If we stop their running attack. I actually like our chances at home.

GO BRONCOS!
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #11
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
I'll back off on this one. Remember, we're not allowed to criticize the writing and opinions of others.

You are a whiny b****.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
Zoobie
Love Machine

The John Fox trot

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

On top of the fact that their analysis is consistently terrible week in and week out, are they really too cowardly to predict anything but a 3 point game? Literally every time I see one of these posted, the margin of victory is no more than 3 points.
Zoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post

You are a whiny b****.
And you're a fag with b**** boobies.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
Triplelefthook
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

even if the Jets win this game - i have kept track of these Scouts picks and they are rarely accurate. It's amazing how poor they are at picking anything properly.

Also, you will notice that almost all of the score picks are 1-2 points away from the official under/over totals for Vegas (and the most informed lines of which come out usually wednesday, these picks come out on thursdays).

it's pure crap... if any of these guys knew how to predict games they would be in Las Vegas either setting or taking advantage of the lines.
Triplelefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #15
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplelefthook View Post
even if the Jets win this game - i have kept track of these Scouts picks and they are rarely accurate. It's amazing how poor they are at picking anything properly.

Also, you will notice that almost all of the score picks are 1-2 points away from the official under/over totals for Vegas (and the most informed lines of which come out usually wednesday, these picks come out on thursdays).

it's pure crap... if any of these guys knew how to predict games they would be in Las Vegas either setting or taking advantage of the lines.
Football games have way too many variables to predict any sort of outcome. I read them for their analysis of matchups. I do my own and like to see another persons opinion. Over time, you see a persons personal bias and philosophies.

Scouts inc is just about average in its analysis, because people still read their stuff even when its not very good. Why try and make a better product? Who really is competing with them? This is the problem with the information age, so much info, and not very good analysis of it.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #16
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Football games have way too many variables to predict any sort of outcome. I read them for their analysis of matchups. I do my own and like to see another persons opinion. Over time, you see a persons personal bias and philosophies.

Scouts inc is just about average in its analysis, because people still read their stuff even when its not very good. Why try and make a better product? Who really is competing with them? This is the problem with the information age, so much info, and not very good analysis of it.
There are plenty of places on the interwebz that make a valid attempt at better analysis than the **** Scouts is throwing against the wall.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
There are plenty of places on the interwebz that make a valid attempt at better analysis than the **** Scouts is throwing against the wall.
True, but the key word is attempt People still pay for that ESPN crap and some "analysis" sites make people pay for their same crap. I have yet to find a great analysis website, plenty of outstanding what happened stats wise sites, but very little analysis of why.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
NYJ advantage in pretty much every area = a 3 point win? Okay....
It has been the same every week.

Last week he picked Balt in almost every area, and picked Balt by 4... Tenn and Jax were both under 4 points, and I think Indy was a 7 point advantage.

He's just being safe because he doesn't know what he is talking about.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #19
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
True, but the key word is attempt People still pay for that ESPN crap and some "analysis" sites make people pay for their same crap. I have yet to find a great analysis website, plenty of outstanding what happened stats wise sites, but very little analysis of why.
I think that is 'cuz stats really runs well on a computer and is really easy for someone who is computer inclined. Someone who is good at analyzing why plays happened the way they did is a football person. Chances are, they are either getting paid the big bucks by some pro or college team.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #20
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I'm not going to read these any more
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #21
CEH
Ring of Famer

Herm Edwards said Denver has what it takes to beat NYJ because #1 they take away your running game to begin with. He recommended spreading out the LBer and DB with bunch formations outside the box and get the Jets to play in space instead of in the box and man on man. Really need to get the safeties away from teh LOS and in the open field where they could be a liability

Be interesting to see how the Broncos attack the Jets. I could see a bunch of bunches
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #22
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Braylon Edwards? Bwa ha ha ha.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

am i the only one hwo looks at their final score, and refuse to read it if there is only a 3pt difference either way?

scouts inc is ****ing ridiculous and refuses to grow some balls and make a real prediction.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #24
extralife
Ring of Famer

You guys are too funny
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #25
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post

You are a whiny b****.
It's funny to watch you grow your nuts back in the last couple of months. What happend to the brown nosing KC fan none of us respected?
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote