The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default Broncos/Jets Analysis from a Jets Fanatic

Just got this email from one of my buddies who is a huge Jets fan. Thought it would be nice to share the other side's perspective and to break things up a little.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Here is how I see things breaking down:

Good for the Jets:

Jets once again this season have the top ranked rushing offense in the league and I see them pounding the ball day. Broncos are all banged up on defense and rank 25th vs the run after getting mauled by Rice/McGahee last week. Will not be any let up with LT/Greene, who should each get about 20 carries as the Jets control time of possession. Jets passing offense ranks low but they have loads of weapons and Sanchez still has yet to have a turnover this season (you read that right). They will look to exploit the secondary once the Broncos are forced to put more men in the box to slow down the running game. Jets stout run defense will allow nothing to crappy Broncos run game.

Key stat: Jets average a gaudy 5.1 ypc while Denver gives up 4.4 ypc. Will be a huge day on the ground for the Jets.


Good for the Broncos:

Denver ranks second in the league in passing offense and this is the one area where the Jets have struggled this year. Henne lit them up for 400+, they couldn’t get Flacco off the field on 3rd down and Favre had his way for just about the entire 2nd half. Revis will not play in this game which means 1st round pick Kyle Wilson will see increased time and he has been downright awful. Rest of the secondary outside of Cromartie is very spotty in pass coverage. Spread out the defense and fling the ball around all day is the best chance this team has at success. If they can find a way to get anything at all out of the run game, or even screen passes, they will be in great shape. Their pass defense ranks in the middle of the pack and that should be enough to keep the Jets passing offense in check.

Key stat: Denver averages 333 passing yds per game while the Jets give up 235. Orton should have a very big game.


Prediction: Jets will dominate time of possession but the Broncos won't have many problems moving the ball up and down the field. Jets defense will find a way to make a few big plays that will be the difference. Jets 28 Broncos 24.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,774
Default

Pretty damn fair analysis
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

He's probably the most level-headed hardcore football fan I've ever known. ESPECIALLY considering he's also a Yankees fan. It's kind of scary actually.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,220
Default

No way We score 24, thats what? 1 TD and 5.5 field goals?...

I hope I'm wrong but unless we find a Red zone O for this game. Its prob gonna be a repeat of the ravens game. TOP will kill us again, especially with the banged up, thin Defense.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
JLine27
Rookie
 
JLine27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 64
Default

Being from NJ I haven't ever met a Jets/Yankees fan that's level-headed. All in all a pretty fair analysis...
JLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,507
Default

I've been forcefed the opportunity to watch the jets a couple times this year and they are definitely beatable

Their secondary is very suspect without a healthy Revis and that's what we get this week Orton will have a hayday

Their run defense isn't that great either but we don't have a rungame to speak of but the screen game could work pretty good

They seem to do the same thing we do alot and that's leave the middle of the field open Royal could have a real good day against them though Ryan does make good ingame adjustments to what is happening so it should be a good chess match between coaches
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
Fan In Exile
Random Poster
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 74

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
No way We score 24, thats what? 1 TD and 5.5 field goals?...

I hope I'm wrong but unless we find a Red zone O for this game. Its prob gonna be a repeat of the ravens game. TOP will kill us again, especially with the banged up, thin Defense.
Or it's three TDs for 21 points and 1 Field Goal.
Fan In Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #8
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,081

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
No way We score 24, thats what? 1 TD and 5.5 field goals?...

I hope I'm wrong but unless we find a Red zone O for this game. Its prob gonna be a repeat of the ravens game. TOP will kill us again, especially with the banged up, thin Defense.
12 safetys
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
12 safetys
That would be an excellent sign for the defense, as we head into a stretch of games where we have a lot of injured players.

Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Does your friend work for Scouts, Inc.?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #11
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
No way We score 24, thats what? 1 TD and 5.5 field goals?...

I hope I'm wrong but unless we find a Red zone O for this game. Its prob gonna be a repeat of the ravens game. TOP will kill us again, especially with the banged up, thin Defense.
Yeah I can't see us scoring that many either.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

From my Jets fan friend....PART I

Good friends,


First and foremost, it was another dominating day at G10 / G17; we're clearly undefeated.


Second, our enemy this week, Tom Cannon, wanted to shares some kind words.


Start from the bottom, as my response is already right here:


Cannon,

When you've won the Super Bowl, albeit multiple times, in your lifetime, every argument you make is easy because you have that to fall back on.

But what matters most is this year and this year only.

While you're right, we haven't won $hit, we have certainly surprised you, the league, every fa$$ot on message boards (and yes, I do follow the rest of the NFL. there and elsewhere - as does Steve - and we are hated because ESPN chooses headlines that generate clicks to stay on their site), the real analysts who have picked against us since Week 1 - and there are plenty - and soon to be your inexperienced, over reacting, unimpressionable piece of dog$hit coach.

So you've managed to slow down Chris Johnson and MJD - time to party. But let's really look at what your team has done these passed 2 years, in comparison with the JETS stellar regime under Rex.

- Denver comes out on fire to start the season 6-0. After a bye-week for some rest, you lose all momentum, team management, ability to stop any decent running back and see your season drift away to San Diego...AGAIN.

- In the off-season, one marked with a long list of areas to improve, you TRADE UP for Tim Tebow...the biggest risk and unproven future star of this generation because of his "intangibles". Yeah...that should take of the windmill release that came back in pre-season action. The fact of the matter is, McDaniels was in a good system in new england, is in over his head, and can only PRAY he has the ability to one day surround himself with people much better than him. We'll know by 2012.

- As for our "classless" organization, might I remind you that our team is BELOW the league-wide football average for arrests and certainly convictions. Before you talk $hit, I recommend you look at Denvers past - (Ronald Fields, Richard Quinn, Marcus Thomas, Andre Hall, Daniel Graham, and...and...B Marshal - FOUR TIMES). Class class...class.

And while we have all week to talk $hit, don't even pink puppy belliing contemplate your receivers and backfield having the same talent and skill as the Vikings. Orton hasn't seen this D and we're going to smack the pink puppy belliing $hit out of you clowns on Sunday.

Our drinking on Sunday is merely a celebration of life - and we happen to work out more in the fall than you do all year, beer-belly boy.


vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Part II, from Jets Fan #2

First of all the team you like will fail once again. I don't know what ****ing horse you road in on, but the teams that the broncos have beaten this year suck. The Titans and the Sea Hawks both suck. The sea hawks go without explaining, but the titans you can think they are good because they have Chris Johnson, but the team as a whole sucks. I can't wait to see the difference in time of possession between the Jets and the Broncos, the jets will have the ball at least 75% of the time. The Broncos will pass around 50 times and might convert on 3 3rd down conversions the entire game if they are lucky. The Jets will pound the ball up the broncos asses like they have been doing all year. Your team will eventually tire and collapse the same way the Bronco's past two seasons ended. Who do you have?!!!!!! How good can you say your coach is after not making the playoffs last year and losing 3 out of 5 games thus far this season? He sucks as a coach and you have no talent on the field. Yeah, great ingredients to build a team no, no talent and a ****ty coach. Oh wait you have Moreno and Tebow, two awesome COLLEGE ball players. Where are all of your 1st round draft picks from the past 3 years, no where. You had 4 first round draft picks the past two years. They are all busts. The last good player you guys picked up was a left tackle 3 or 4 years ago, hence the struggles you guys have had getting into the playoffs.

I know Cannon, you're excited that this will be a home game and you're hoping that field advantage will win the game for the Broncos. Take a look at our record on the road since Rex and Sanchez joined the Jets. You're also hoping that this is a trap game for the Jets because your record sucks so far. Yeah unfortunately our organization went out and got a coach that has won his entire life and a QB that has won his entire life. Then we also went out and got a bunch of negros who don't fight like b****es. Its a tough team which you know nothing about, but you'll see that on Sunday at 4:15. I really have no clue how the broncos will win an inch on the ground. I have no idea how you think Brandon Floyd and whatever other no name talent piece of **** receiver the broncos have will put up good numbers against our rush and our secondary with or without Revis.

You guys stopped Chris Johnson, wow, so have so many other teams this year mainly because they dont have Kevin Mewae and also because their offensive line isnt that great. Jones Drew? Even though you still lost that game against the jaguars, you guys shut him down. Guess what dick, so has every other team since the Jaguars are one dimensional. What are you so excited about this weekend? you're going up against a good football team. Good teams don't give up turnovers, not one yet in the last 4 games. Good football teams don't lose with the game on the line at the end, we've held on to the win with our defense closing out the game the last 3 out 4 games. the fourth game there was nothing to hold on to since we blew out buffalo. See my point, you're playing against a legit team this weekend and for someone who looks forward to the football season all year long, you shouldnt be running your mouth with having 3 losses already. Look at your ****ing division. Its a god damn joke and you haven't made the playoffs in like the last 3 years, i think. Don't worry though Cannon, once you go 2-4 this week after losing to the Jets, the second decent team you'll play since the start of the season, you have a very easy schedule ahead of you and there might still be a chance if you guys don't collapse again at the end of the season. I'm guessing you guys will collapse because typically thats a coaching problem. Teams watch film and see coaches doing the same thing every game and thats when you start to collapse, its from bad coaching and you have a terrible coach. i can't wait for sunday. dont be b**** when the your team loses again. we haven't seen you in a year so dont let your sorry ass team cause you to take your frustration out on us.
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #14
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan In Exile View Post
Or it's three TDs for 21 points and 1 Field Goal.
I'd love to see 3 TDs scored by the Broncos. recent History has me doubting this is the week.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #15
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Oh I forgot they have Cromartie, that could be the boost our run game needs!
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
I'd love to see 3 TDs scored by the Broncos. recent History has me doubting this is the week.
Dude, where were you just two weeks ago when they scored 4 TDs?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009...ry/tab:analyze
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #17
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Dude, where were you just two weeks ago when they scored 4 TDs?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009...ry/tab:analyze
Cowering in a hole waiting for last week to happen.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #18
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Dude, where were you just two weeks ago when they scored 4 TDs?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009...ry/tab:analyze
Week 2 was a long time ago (3 weeks, lol) and was against who looks to be the weakest team on the 2010 schedule. Proving to be nothing worth pounding our chests about.

Last edited by jmz313; 10-14-2010 at 11:41 AM..
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #19
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer
 
supermanhr9's Avatar
 
"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Back in DENVER BABY!!
Posts: 1,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default

Guy is pretty legit.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #20
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Week 2 was a long time ago (3 weeks, lol) and was against who looks to be the weakest team on the 2010 schedule. Proving to be nothing worth pounding our chests about.
Way to backtrack.....
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Way to backtrack.....
OK, sorry, I'll put all my money on the Broncos money line. Maybe we can use some week 2 TDs in week 6. Or is that not allowed?
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #22
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

AFC Championship game January 17, 1997 Denver 23 NY Jets 10

This is the most important stat of all, Next game we beat Atlanta and our 2nd superbowl title.


End debate
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #23
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Rest of the secondary outside of Cromartie is very spotty in pass coverage.
Cromartie had a great game against Moss last week who was mostly running go routes. Cro's athletism helped him out because he didn't have to think too much.

He also has two ints this season because he gets a lot of balls thrown his way. BMarsh had 166 and a TD on him earlier this year and Cro looked really bad at times in coverage.

Sorry, he is as 'spotty' as the rest of the Jet coverage. I pray that they try to have Cro cover Lloyd one on one. Just run double-move routes and he is toast.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

The Jets leave their secondary out to dry because they play press man almost every down with very little safety support. If there is pressure on the QB, they usually win. If there is no pressure, the CB's get beat down. Therefore, their CB's live and die by the pass rush.

Cromartie is the perfect defender for Moss, because they are both tall, fast and thin. Marshall is too strong for him, Welker is too quick, and others are more precise route runners. Plus, Cromartie is a press man CB. He is pitiful in any zone read coverages. He has never learned zone worth a darn.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #25
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
The Jets leave their secondary out to dry because they play press man almost every down with very little safety support. If there is pressure on the QB, they usually win. If there is no pressure, the CB's get beat down. Therefore, their CB's live and die by the pass rush.

Cromartie is the perfect defender for Moss, because they are both tall, fast and thin. Marshall is too strong for him, Welker is too quick, and others are more precise route runners. Plus, Cromartie is a press man CB. He is pitiful in any zone read coverages. He has never learned zone worth a darn.
That doesn't make me feel good. Brandon Lloyd sounds like the perfect match up for Cromartie.

I hope Gaffney and Royal can get open, and quickly.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uncovering Bill Belichick's Evil Plot Bob's your Information Minister Orange Mane Central Discussion 0 08-15-2009 06:43 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Denver Broncos