The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default A walk down The Rest of the NFL Boulevard

I know we like to put the Broncos and their games under the microscope. That is, grant you, what this site is for. But keeping things in perspective, they're still the icing in the Oreo. As someone pointed out last week, there are about 5 good teams, 5 bad ones and everyone else in the middle. I think most figured this would end up as an 8-8 team, give or take 2 wins on either side. From the looks of it and the schedule ahead, they're about on track. So why nitpick?

Obviously, we'd rather they be 5-0 at this point. But this is still a team rebuilding on the fly and it clearly shows in different facets each week. Look around at the rest of the action from the weekend. The Saints? They can't beat the Cardinals and an undrafted rookie QB. The Cowboys? All the talent in the world but they can't play as a team. The Chargers? Snake-bitten by the Raiders in a game they dominated statistically. The Chiefs went into a house in which most figured they'd lose, are playing some good football but still aren't ready for that next level. Chicago is a nice squad. Atlanta is solid. Anyone still believing in the Texans? Will the Jags do anything with that record? Green Bay? And how about those 49ers?

I'm not trying to be some preachy little b**** that comes on here and tells everyone that all is well. We've seen that there are some nice bright spots that will build for the future. We can see the glaring holes, the iffy play, the mistakes, the youth and the signs of a team that just isn't good enough to be in the upper echelon of the NFL. That's fine. It happens. But these Broncos really aren't one of the worst teams in the league. They're swimming around in that middle ground and I think we should all tap the brakes when it comes to overreacting and dissecting each and every decision and play this team makes. There may come a day when this thing turns around and we're all looking back at these seasons and the growing pains they had to endure before reach the top again. And until then, suck it. Suck it real good.

PS - I love you.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

To make my thread even more awesome, I'm pushing the Gas Face on all the haters.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

You're so pretty.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

I concur with your post...also...

This clip's for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGslvYmEYyA
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
I know we like to put the Broncos and their games under the microscope. That is, grant you, what this site is for. But keeping things in perspective, they're still the icing in the Oreo. As someone pointed out last week, there are about 5 good teams, 5 bad ones and everyone else in the middle. I think most figured this would end up as an 8-8 team, give or take 2 wins on either side. From the looks of it and the schedule ahead, they're about on track. So why nitpick?

Obviously, we'd rather they be 5-0 at this point. But this is still a team rebuilding on the fly and it clearly shows in different facets each week. Look around at the rest of the action from the weekend. The Saints? They can't beat the Cardinals and an undrafted rookie QB. The Cowboys? All the talent in the world but they can't play as a team. The Chargers? Snake-bitten by the Raiders in a game they dominated statistically. The Chiefs went into a house in which most figured they'd lose, are playing some good football but still aren't ready for that next level. Chicago is a nice squad. Atlanta is solid. Anyone still believing in the Texans? Will the Jags do anything with that record? Green Bay? And how about those 49ers?

I'm not trying to be some preachy little b**** that comes on here and tells everyone that all is well. We've seen that there are some nice bright spots that will build for the future. We can see the glaring holes, the iffy play, the mistakes, the youth and the signs of a team that just isn't good enough to be in the upper echelon of the NFL. That's fine. It happens. But these Broncos really aren't one of the worst teams in the league. They're swimming around in that middle ground and I think we should all tap the brakes when it comes to overreacting and dissecting each and every decision and play this team makes. There may come a day when this thing turns around and we're all looking back at these seasons and the growing pains they had to endure before reach the top again. And until then, suck it. Suck it real good.

PS - I love you.
yep, nice post. Fact is, the Broncos still have a ligitimate chance to make the playoffs. This team has glaring weaknesses like the run game and for whatever reason the D gave up big plays against the Ravens... if this team can string together 2-3 wins in a row, they are right back in the hunt...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

one thing to keep in mind, the AFCW is pathetic. 8-8 might take it.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler

I would just like to see the Broncos end on a strong positive note. There is a very real possibility that there will be no NFL football in 2011. Sitting through the off-season with the sour taste left over from our last 4 games to close out 2009 was bad enough. If we face a similar late season meltdown and have to endure two off-seasons before a shot at redemption.....well, I would rather just not think about it right now.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

After watching the Chefs/Colts game and the Faid/Bolts game I am pretty sure we will be lucky to be .500 in the division. We no longer have the same homefield advantage. Not like the Chefs... But certainly better than the Faid and Chuggers. I don't think we will sneak a win in Oakland and no way will we sneak a win in KC (not in December!), but maybe in SD?!? Anyhow, we are pretty much the average of an average division.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
I agree with this.

The other side being 2 teams could win 10 games.

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
I agree with this.

The other side being 2 teams could win 10 games.

in this division, that would be a miracle.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #11
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Quote:
I'd say the AFCW is mediocre, not pathetic. The NFCW is pathetic.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #12
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
in this division, that would be a miracle.
I dunno. As much as it pains me, after watching Kansas City befuddle Pey Pey yesterday, and looking at the rest of their schedule...I hate to say it, but...

@ Hou L
Jax W
Buf W
@ Oak W
@ Den L
Ari W
@ Sea W
Den W
@ SD L
@ StL W
Ten W
Oak W

That's actually 12 wins for KC. I'm not saying its likely, because I just don't think their offense is good enough to win that many games, but after going 3-0, and with that weak schedule...
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
I dunno. As much as it pains me, after watching Kansas City befuddle Pey Pey yesterday, and looking at the rest of their schedule...I hate to say it, but...

@ Hou L
Jax W
Buf W
@ Oak W
@ Den L
Ari W
@ Sea W
Den W
@ SD L
@ StL W
Ten W
Oak W

That's actually 12 wins for KC. I'm not saying its likely, because I just don't think their offense is good enough to win that many games, but after going 3-0, and with that weak schedule...
I dunno, I think the AFCW is wide open.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #14
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

@ Hou L
Jax W
Buf W
@ Oak W
@ Den L
Ari W
@ Sea W
Den W
@ SD L
@ StL W
Ten W
Oak W

I dont know about counting Tennessee as a win for KC even at home at the end of the year. Tenn stops the run well. That's all KC can do.

Also wouldn't count Seattle as a win as Seattle is a difficult place for opposing teams to play. They are a completely different team at home. Other than that, I do see the rest of those as accurate.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #15
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I dont know about counting Tennessee as a win for KC even at home at the end of the year. Tenn stops the run well. That's all KC can do.

Also wouldn't count Seattle as a win as Seattle is a difficult place for opposing teams to play. They are a completely different team at home. Other than that, I do see the rest of those as accurate.
Yeah I agree with those two being the games I wasn't sure about when looking at their schedule, but that still means 10 wins is a definite maybe for the Chiefs, and its all because they got to 3-0. I don't think their offense is good enough to sustain winning streaks (Cassell was pretty bad again yesterday), but the AFC West is wide open because of it.

I could make a case for why Denver, KC and San Diego could get to 10 or 11 wins, I think. I still think Oakland is the doormat. Yesterday's game was flukey. They were up 15-0 in a heartbeat yesterday and pretty much held on for dear life the rest of the game.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Good post...

The bottom line is when we start strong and fade down the stretch (last 3 years) everyone is up in arms.

When we start slow with the majority of the toughest (hopefully) games we face this year we still over react. Lets wait and see how this team competes down the stretch and then judge.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #17
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

@ Hou L
Jax W
Buf W
@ Oak W
@ Den L
Ari W
@ Sea W
Den W
@ SD L
@ StL W
Ten W
Oak W

That is by far the easiest remaining schedule I have seen. Only another NFCW team could match that. However, their recipe for success is not very consistent so I think they will stumble in a few games they should win. Especially in the division as we saw Oak do to SD yesterday.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #18
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Feeling pretty good.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Hopefully as the season goes on the injuries will fade, everyone will be healthy and we'll get rid of Maroney. Our defense has played decently and I think for a one dimensional team we've done quite well with two wins, one on the road. Things could get much better, I'm not going to bet past 8-8, but I hope we are competitive
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #20
TerrElway
Pro Bowler

I was looking at records of the teams Denver has played a schedule with a combined 15-9 record. No one under .500 (yet) and 3 of those games on the road. But in a mediocre league, does that count for anything?
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #21
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

We are the Titanic, and the injuries are the Iceberg....
After yesterday the watertight doors may not be able to keep us afloat this
year. Too much damage, and not enough pumps left operational.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #22
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
We are the Titanic, and the injuries are the Iceberg....
After yesterday the watertight doors may not be able to keep us afloat this
year. Too much damage, and not enough pumps left operational.
I agree to a point... but, there's always something to play for, and something to root for.

We can still make a ton of positive progress this year that will help us next year and beyond, playoffs or not.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #23
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Well, if we want to have any shot this year (maybe the last for 2 years), it is time to see what Tebow and the youngsters have.

No reason not to play the kids and find out what we have, since we aren't going to be able to field the veterans....

If DT isn't healthy this week its time to let Tebow and Decker get a few reps, and show the Jets a few new wrinkles. Find out if McD is blowing smoke up our rears.

It would be great if we can eke out a win this week. If not then it will definitely be a year that will be "developmental", barring a miracle.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #24
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

And bench Orton? Why?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #25
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
it is time to see what Tebow and the youngsters have.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote