The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default favre's legacy

ive been thinking about this for the past day or so when i see a favre story (aka all the ****ing time). typically a long time after players have retired, lets call it 10 or 15 years, the bad stuff they did sorta wears off and they are remembered for how great they were. in that time range, is favre gonna be remembered for all his dramatic antics that he needed for the final 1/4 of his career? back to 2006 he played the "might/might not retire" card, and its gonna be there next year too, as long as his dick photos dont force a suspension, in which he would retire automatically.

just wondering what his long lasting legacy will be given that hes the most dramatic, attention whore QB that i can remember.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Are the dick photos him? Also, he sounded pretty pathetic in those phone calls... must be the athlete in him not used to hearing no. Other guys actually develop personalities.

Also, you're right.... 20 or so years down the road, all will be forgiven. At least I hope so. I'm kinda surprised at the contempt people already have for him, so you never know.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think he'll always be remembered as the Gunslinger and the INT King. I don't this his legacy will be all that great as Peyton Manning will be right on his heals for all his records.

I kinda think of it as a Shannon Sharpe/Tony Gonzalez thing with the records. If Sharpe's had stood longer, he'd have even more prestige. Unfortunately, Gonzo was right on his heels and quickly erased him from most records. If you take away Favre's records (except his untouchable INTs), I think he doesn't have a great legacy outside GB. To GB, he'll always be everyone's hero.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

He'll be remembered for his durability, longevity and greatness. No one will give a **** about the rest.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

Just like with Joe Namath, there will be a website named SextingJenSterger.com. In fact, I should go register that now.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

He'll be remembered for padding stats 5 years after he *should have* retired.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Depends what happens next, if he kills someone he will be pariah for every, if he retires and is never heard from again (hopefully) he will be a hero, although he will always have an asterisk in Green Bay.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #8
meangene
Ring of Famer

I think he will be a Hall of Fame quarterback and the butt of jokes for years to come.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I really like Brett Favre. Always have. Nothing recently has really changed that for me. The guy just loves the game. He's one of the few people on earth that plays a professional sport with the same excitement and passion that a kid does.

I could care less about the off-the-field stuff, he's one of my favorite players to watch on Sunday's.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The dong stuff could hurt and make him a target for years.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I really like Brett Favre. Always have. Nothing recently has really changed that for me. The guy just loves the game. He's one of the few people on earth that plays a professional sport with the same excitement and passion that a kid does.

I could care less about the off-the-field stuff, he's one of my favorite players to watch on Sunday's.
I hope you are being sarcastic. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't need to be begged to come back every offseason. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't want to skip training camp every offseason. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't take 7 extra million from the vikings to come back.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #12
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #15
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

people's memories are short so he will be remembered as the beloved superbowl winning QB of the Green Bay Packers. If he actually wins something with the Vikings that might create a bit of tension, but who knows. it's weird because I think if Kurt Warner had won two superbowls with two teams people would've thought it was great, but Favre is so tied to the Packers, for him to win one with Vikings, a division rival would be different. But in all likelihood, all this stupid drama stuff won't really tarnish him too much in the end.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #16
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

In aggregate, threw more dumb passes than Plummer, but got so many more free passes.

At least most of Plummer's weren't backbreaking game clinchers for the other team...
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #18
bombay
Ring of Famer

As an attention seeking jackass.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #19
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Favres legacy took a big hit when he had the farewell tour then cameback then retired again then cameback.....ect.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
I think he will be a Hall of Fame quarterback and the penis of jokes for years to come.
Fixed it for you!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post

I see it differently. He loves the game for what it does for him. I've never seen him as a team player, it's all about him. If this latest saga is true, those phone messages sound just like him....never understanding that a girl wouldn't want to be with Brett Favre. Ala Mike Tyson. I'm loving the end of his career, wanting so badly to go out like Elway and having it blow up in his face. Blah.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #22
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Sad, pathetic...the man needs attention so badly you wonder if its a mental disorder. Will Dianna walk if this stuff is true? THey're gonna have a field day with this stuff tonight on the pregame shows.

And er...out of curiosity, I wonder what the "number" was, by measurement? Just sayin.'
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #23
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
Sad, pathetic...the man needs attention so badly you wonder if its a mental disorder. Will Dianna walk if this stuff is true? THey're gonna have a field day with this stuff tonight on the pregame shows.

And er...out of curiosity, I wonder what the "number" was, by measurement? Just sayin.'
well take whatever "number" he claimed and divide it by at least 10 and that might be in the realm of reality.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post

Well, had he known it was going to be viewed and scrutinized by millions he may have put a little more prep into the photo shoot.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #25
uplink
Ring of Famer

The inside scoop is that many are reassessing Favre now, word is he is not as big of a dick as some thought.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote