The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default dont expect andre brown anytime soon

just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. maxdenver reported the quote.

this is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. he stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it SHOULD work. its not! andre brown is a stud RB, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.

Last edited by tsiguy96; 10-09-2010 at 11:24 AM..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

link?

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I believe there are lanes and openings there, if Maroney would quit playing dancing with the stars and just hit it and go we would at least be adequate running the ball
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

The thing is tsi, you have to fix and work on your system. You can't abandon it. You work the issues and you focus your energy on being balanced and unpredictable. Right now, we struggle to run the ball. A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that it was time to try something different. But the more I think about it the more I believe you have to work to what you know. McD knows this scheme. You really can't expect him to scrap the scheme and go with something he doesn't know or isn't familiar with. As for Andre Brown, if he shows that he understands his assignments and is capable I'm willing to bet he'll get a shot. It's not like Buck or Maroney are world beaters and Brown isn't Hillis... not much to compare in that regard.

I do agree that I'd like to see what Brown can do. I hope he grasps the offense quickly and can get some opportunities... but if the blocking doesn't improve we're not gonna run the ball on anyone.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. maxdenver reported the quote.

this is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. he stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it SHOULD work. its not! andre brown is a stud RB, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.
Andre Brown hasn't played a snap in a regular season NFL game to this point has he?

And he's only been with this team a few weeks, with no camp time to learn the system at all.

Picking him up is more of a long term developmental situation. I'm sure whenever he looks to be the best RB option in practice he'll get the nod, but right now he's likely a ways behind the curve on how the system is supposed to work. Why put him in now and set him up to fail.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
The thing is tsi, you have to fix and work on your system. You can't abandon it. You work the issues and you focus your energy on being balanced and unpredictable. Right now, we struggle to run the ball. A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that it was time to try something different. But the more I think about it the more I believe you have to work to what you know. McD knows this scheme. You really can't expect him to scrap the scheme and go with something he doesn't know or isn't familiar with. As for Andre Brown, if he shows that he understands his assignments and is capable I'm willing to bet he'll get a shot. It's not like Buck or Maroney are world beaters and Brown isn't Hillis... not much to compare in that regard.

I do agree that I'd like to see what Brown can do. I hope he grasps the offense quickly and can get some opportunities... but if the blocking doesn't improve we're not gonna run the ball on anyone.
I believe I read somewhere that Brown was getting reps with the first team this week so maybe he'll get a shot this week
Old 10-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I hope he gets a shot tomorrow, he looks like the real deal. Just hit the hole and go brother.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post

im not talking about abandoning the scheme, im talking about i think the player running the ball has a bigger effect on yardage than they get credit for. just because he doesnt understand all the pass protections and reads that a RB in this system needs to know, doesnt mean he cant run the ball. exactly like hillis.

and yes, i know blocking is a big part, RBs are getting hit behind the line often. but not every run, and even on those runs, maroney dances left and right instead of just going.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
I hope he gets a shot tomorrow, he looks like the real deal. Just hit the hole and go brother.
Thats right just hit the hole and go
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Lets put Cox back there and see if he can hit the hole.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
Lets put Cox back there and see if he can hit the hole.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

If only there was a guy on the roster who could be used for goal-line / short yardage situations.... a guy who could run or pass.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #13
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I wonder is there such a guy out there that can do those things.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. Maxdenver reported the quote.

This is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. He stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it should work. Its not! Andre brown is a stud rb, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.
running back is not the ****ing problem.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
If only there was a guy on the roster who could be used for goal-line / short yardage situations.... a guy who could run or pass.

Coach says that's a ridiculous question.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #16
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
running back is not the ****ing problem.
go watch the game, when there is a hole, maroney dances around for wahtever reason. just like he did at NE. want to see what NE fans think of maroney? that hes a ****ing dancer, not a running back.

oline run blocking is a bigger issue than running back because defenses consistently get pressure during running plays, but not always, and when the running back has an opportunity, he is not making use of it.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Coach says that's a ridiculous question.
Doc B says 0/5 redzone at home is likewise.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #18
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

He's a stud? Can we get proof of this tsiguy?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #19
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Andre Brown hasn't played a snap in a regular season NFL game to this point has he?

And he's only been with this team a few weeks, with no camp time to learn the system at all.

Picking him up is more of a long term developmental situation. I'm sure whenever he looks to be the best RB option in practice he'll get the nod, but right now he's likely a ways behind the curve on how the system is supposed to work. Why put him in now and set him up to fail.
But... brown is a stud. Tsi said so.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #20
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

The use of hyperbole in this place is out of control.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #21
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
The use of hyperbole in this place is out of control.
Truest words evar.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Brown doesn't need to be in there on third down if McDummy is concerned about blocking but he sure as hell could figure out how to run the ball and right now we need a sledgehammer on the goal line. This is simply stupid on McDs part for not using him.

But hell whats new, right ? Doesn't surprise me at all.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
He's a stud? Can we get proof of this tsiguy?
youre right, we should stick with the current crop of RBs who are getting the job done.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #24
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

It is Mcd's responsibility to improve our running game.
If we keep struggling like this,we will have problems winning games consistently.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #25
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

The players need to execute the plays called and take control of the line of scrimmage giving the RB an opening to run through... beyond the LOS.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote