The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default dont expect andre brown anytime soon

just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. maxdenver reported the quote.

this is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. he stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it SHOULD work. its not! andre brown is a stud RB, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.

Last edited by tsiguy96; 10-09-2010 at 11:24 AM..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

link?




















































Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,215
Default

I believe there are lanes and openings there, if Maroney would quit playing dancing with the stars and just hit it and go we would at least be adequate running the ball
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

The thing is tsi, you have to fix and work on your system. You can't abandon it. You work the issues and you focus your energy on being balanced and unpredictable. Right now, we struggle to run the ball. A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that it was time to try something different. But the more I think about it the more I believe you have to work to what you know. McD knows this scheme. You really can't expect him to scrap the scheme and go with something he doesn't know or isn't familiar with. As for Andre Brown, if he shows that he understands his assignments and is capable I'm willing to bet he'll get a shot. It's not like Buck or Maroney are world beaters and Brown isn't Hillis... not much to compare in that regard.

I do agree that I'd like to see what Brown can do. I hope he grasps the offense quickly and can get some opportunities... but if the blocking doesn't improve we're not gonna run the ball on anyone.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. maxdenver reported the quote.

this is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. he stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it SHOULD work. its not! andre brown is a stud RB, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.
Andre Brown hasn't played a snap in a regular season NFL game to this point has he?

And he's only been with this team a few weeks, with no camp time to learn the system at all.

Picking him up is more of a long term developmental situation. I'm sure whenever he looks to be the best RB option in practice he'll get the nod, but right now he's likely a ways behind the curve on how the system is supposed to work. Why put him in now and set him up to fail.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
The thing is tsi, you have to fix and work on your system. You can't abandon it. You work the issues and you focus your energy on being balanced and unpredictable. Right now, we struggle to run the ball. A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that it was time to try something different. But the more I think about it the more I believe you have to work to what you know. McD knows this scheme. You really can't expect him to scrap the scheme and go with something he doesn't know or isn't familiar with. As for Andre Brown, if he shows that he understands his assignments and is capable I'm willing to bet he'll get a shot. It's not like Buck or Maroney are world beaters and Brown isn't Hillis... not much to compare in that regard.

I do agree that I'd like to see what Brown can do. I hope he grasps the offense quickly and can get some opportunities... but if the blocking doesn't improve we're not gonna run the ball on anyone.
I believe I read somewhere that Brown was getting reps with the first team this week so maybe he'll get a shot this week
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer
 
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,079

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I hope he gets a shot tomorrow, he looks like the real deal. Just hit the hole and go brother.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
The thing is tsi, you have to fix and work on your system. You can't abandon it. You work the issues and you focus your energy on being balanced and unpredictable. Right now, we struggle to run the ball. A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that it was time to try something different. But the more I think about it the more I believe you have to work to what you know. McD knows this scheme. You really can't expect him to scrap the scheme and go with something he doesn't know or isn't familiar with. As for Andre Brown, if he shows that he understands his assignments and is capable I'm willing to bet he'll get a shot. It's not like Buck or Maroney are world beaters and Brown isn't Hillis... not much to compare in that regard.

I do agree that I'd like to see what Brown can do. I hope he grasps the offense quickly and can get some opportunities... but if the blocking doesn't improve we're not gonna run the ball on anyone.
im not talking about abandoning the scheme, im talking about i think the player running the ball has a bigger effect on yardage than they get credit for. just because he doesnt understand all the pass protections and reads that a RB in this system needs to know, doesnt mean he cant run the ball. exactly like hillis.

and yes, i know blocking is a big part, RBs are getting hit behind the line often. but not every run, and even on those runs, maroney dances left and right instead of just going.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
I hope he gets a shot tomorrow, he looks like the real deal. Just hit the hole and go brother.
Thats right just hit the hole and go
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson
 
_Oro_'s Avatar
 
Don't run that sh*t this way.

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers
Default

Lets put Cox back there and see if he can hit the hole.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
Lets put Cox back there and see if he can hit the hole.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

If only there was a guy on the roster who could be used for goal-line / short yardage situations.... a guy who could run or pass.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #13
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer
 
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,079

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I wonder is there such a guy out there that can do those things.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. Maxdenver reported the quote.

This is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. He stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it should work. Its not! Andre brown is a stud rb, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.
running back is not the ****ing problem.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
If only there was a guy on the roster who could be used for goal-line / short yardage situations.... a guy who could run or pass.

Coach says that's a ridiculous question.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #16
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
running back is not the ****ing problem.
go watch the game, when there is a hole, maroney dances around for wahtever reason. just like he did at NE. want to see what NE fans think of maroney? that hes a ****ing dancer, not a running back.

oline run blocking is a bigger issue than running back because defenses consistently get pressure during running plays, but not always, and when the running back has an opportunity, he is not making use of it.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Coach says that's a ridiculous question.
Doc B says 0/5 redzone at home is likewise.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #18
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

He's a stud? Can we get proof of this tsiguy?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #19
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Andre Brown hasn't played a snap in a regular season NFL game to this point has he?

And he's only been with this team a few weeks, with no camp time to learn the system at all.

Picking him up is more of a long term developmental situation. I'm sure whenever he looks to be the best RB option in practice he'll get the nod, but right now he's likely a ways behind the curve on how the system is supposed to work. Why put him in now and set him up to fail.
But... brown is a stud. Tsi said so.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #20
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

The use of hyperbole in this place is out of control.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #21
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
The use of hyperbole in this place is out of control.
Truest words evar.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,352
Default

Brown doesn't need to be in there on third down if McDummy is concerned about blocking but he sure as hell could figure out how to run the ball and right now we need a sledgehammer on the goal line. This is simply stupid on McDs part for not using him.

But hell whats new, right ? Doesn't surprise me at all.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
He's a stud? Can we get proof of this tsiguy?
youre right, we should stick with the current crop of RBs who are getting the job done.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #24
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

It is Mcd's responsibility to improve our running game.
If we keep struggling like this,we will have problems winning games consistently.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #25
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,990
Default

The players need to execute the plays called and take control of the line of scrimmage giving the RB an opening to run through... beyond the LOS.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Denver Broncos