The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Playbook: Broncos vs. Ravens

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...ncos-vs-Ravens

How will Joe Flacco exploit the Broncos' defense? How the Ravens stop Kyle Orton?

lol @ that description. Let's put the Broncos on the bottom end of everything.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We have a bad matchup upfront against there dline. Overcoming it won't be easy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Its funny but for all the whining all the posters do on this site about 0 respect all Denver has to do is win this week and the Denver hype train will be on the move. Just as important is the fact that when a team goes from bad to good many question the legitimacy of the team but when a team was good, starts off good, and is coming of a playoff win last year (such as the Ravens) they already have the respect of the national media. Journalist don't use much foresight when evaluating football teams, they make their picks on a what have you done for me lately basis.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Just imagine if the running game breaks out and we run wild on the Ratbirds the media will be saying Orton sucks and it was the RB who is the leader of the team
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Its funny but for all the whining all the posters do on this site about 0 respect all Denver has to do is win this week and the Denver hype train will be on the move. Just as important is the fact that when a team goes from bad to good many question the legitimacy of the team but when a team was good, starts off good, and is coming of a playoff win last year (such as the Ravens) they already have the respect of the national media. Journalist don't use much foresight when evaluating football teams, they make their picks on a what have you done for me lately basis.
Right we are playing with the big boys this week so it's time to see just how physical we've become

I think it will be an eye opener either way for us to see where we stand over the next two weeks

Clady is still coming back from injury as is Harris and Kuper . Daniels may be roadkill and Walton is a rookie. Hard to envision our line playing well this week

However, If somehow we win this game I'd be hard pressed to come up with two more impressive back to back road wins over the last 5-6 years
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's not so much that the Broncos are getting little respect, at this point and time it's expected, it's that these analysts make the ratbirds out to be some kind of unstoppable force. Yah, we get it, Broncos are not gonna get respect until they win consistently but this is the NFL and anything can happen on any given Sunday...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It's not so much that the Broncos are getting little respect, at this point and time it's expected, it's that these analysts make the ratbirds out to be some kind of unstoppable force. Yah, we get it, Broncos are not gonna get respect until they win consistently but this is the NFL and anything can happen on any given Sunday...
Raiders are supposed to be contenders.

Don't forget what those EXPERTS and ANALYSTS say...
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Right we are playing with the big boys this week so it's time to see just how physical we've become

I think it will be an eye opener either way for us to see where we stand over the next two weeks

Clady is still coming back from injury as is Harris and Kuper . Daniels may be roadkill and Walton is a rookie. Hard to envision our line playing well this week

However, If somehow we win this game I'd be hard pressed to come up with two more impressive back to back road wins over the last 5-6 years
Good luck. After you made that comment I went back and looked. It was difficult enough finding quality road wins let alone back-to-back quality road wins.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I dont have a problem with that analysis at all. The Ravens are currently a better team than us and they're at home and unless we sort out our redzone issues we are going to find it very difficult to win this game.
eddie mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Who else are they supposed to hang on to? The Colts don't look great, the Saints don't look like lasts years team, the Pats look ok. The only team that looks really good is the Jets and the Ratbirds beat them. The Ravens are lucky they drew them in week 1.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
Drek
Ring of Famer

I like their breakdown of the Ravens red zone D. Two examples of teams trying to power run through the Ravens' DL and one of Palmer throwing into triple coverage.

We'll see how that secondary holds up against the first legitimate passing game they'll face all season.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Who else are they supposed to hang on to? The Colts don't look great, the Saints don't look like lasts years team, the Pats look ok. The only team that looks really good is the Jets and the Ratbirds beat them. The Ravens are lucky they drew them in week 1.
I think all the respect comes from the fact that the ratbirds beat the stellers in pittsburgh (even though Batch was the starting QB for the stellers). Personally, I think the ratbirds are getting undue respect because they now have ligit threats at the WR position. Ok, fine... but they ain't all that...

I guess they are who we thought they were... not.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #13
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post

No.

We played with the big boys the last two weeks. Lost to Indy, beat Tennessee. Denver should be getting at least some ****ing respect already. Baltimore is no better overall than either of those teams we just beat.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
No.

We played with the big boys the last two weeks. Lost to Indy, beat Tennessee. Denver should be getting at least some ****ing respect already. Baltimore is no better overall than either of those teams we just beat.
Indy's defense is a bunch of sissy's compared to Ravens. Titans meaner but still not Ravens mean. Ngata is the hardest to handle interior lineman our oline will see all yr....maybe ever.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #15
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Indy's defense is a bunch of sissy's compared to Ravens. Titans meaner but still not Ravens mean. Ngata is the hardest to handle interior lineman our oline will see all yr....maybe ever.
And yet, the Ratbirds are still just another flawed team.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
uplink
Ring of Famer

actually the guy is showing more respect for the broncos than most pundits. The ravens are considered by most to be an elite team and the broncos a poor team right now. By feeling the need to attack the broncos, this guy is showing them respect.

Hey, if the argument is 'Orton is good but not as good as P. Manning, T. Brady, and B. Favre, all who will be in the Hall and the top two NFL passers all time (soon to be), I'm sure Orton will take that any day.

Note: This was a response for the Baltimore Sun article pre balimore/denver game, looks like I posted it in the wrong spot some how.

Last edited by uplink; 10-09-2010 at 09:34 PM..
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #17
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
No.

Who cares about the media. I just want to beat Baltimore but my main talking point was about in your face physical football and Tenn beat us up pretty good last week. The Oline is no where close to being physical. We beat one team and lost by 2 TDs to the other because we weren't physical enough at the LOS in either game. Maroney even said after the Indy game he'll run harder next time on 4th and goal. Talk about a rocket scientiest

What good is getting respect last week if all we do is go into Baltimore and get our asses kick. Beat Balt and the media will be all over Denver
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote