The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Default Does anybody believe ?

We can actually beat the ratbirds ? Every single pundit I have seen or read has picked against us. Sure the run game sucks A$$ , but even I am in awe of the receiving corps and Orton has made me a believer. I try not to be a homer in any way and point it out on this board when homerism (is that a word ?) runs rampant.

I just don't believe the ratbirds secondary without ED Reed can hold up and our line who is enept at run blocking seems to be getting better at pass blocking each game.

Quick slants and screens should be employed frequently to burn their pass rush down !

Seriously this contest is now where nearly as one sided as the so-called experts have made it out to be !
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm really not all that confident.

We can but it won't be easy and it's improbably IMO. Without some sort of balance it's going to be a long day.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Please stop with the big ass pictures that skew the display
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I think we have a shot, they don't seem as good as they have been in recent years and we are a team that can put the hurt on anyone if we hit the right day and get some solid red zone offense, we tend to get into the red zone a lot.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

I always say never say never, but I don't see any reason to believe the broncos will win this game
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
But please feel free to post pictures of big asses.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Better neg rep him.

As for the game, I think there's a shot we beat them, but we've never won in that barn before, so I wonder if we can pull it off.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

As I recall, the game last year wasn't close... but we really killed ourselves with a couple of special teams FU's. It could have been much closer.

We've moved the ball well against every team we've played this year, and our defense has shown some improvement in the past couple of games.

The Ravens are tough and solid, top to bottom. But, I think it's a game we can stay in if we don't allow big ST's plays. They're not explosive, they're just grinding.

I'd like to see us keep this game close into the 4th quarter and then pour it on. We just can't come out and get down to a physical team like this, or they'll run all over us.

Yea, I believe we can win... but I always believe that. I'm a homer.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
As I recall, the game last year wasn't close... but we really killed ourselves with a couple of special teams FU's. It could have been much closer.

We've moved the ball well against every team we've played this year, and our defense has shown some improvement in the past couple of games.

The Ravens are tough and solid, top to bottom. But, I think it's a game we can stay in if we don't allow big ST's plays. They're not explosive, they're just grinding.

I'd like to see us keep this game close into the 4th quarter and then pour it on. We just can't come out and get down to a physical team like this, or they'll run all over us.

Yea, I believe we can win... but I always believe that. I'm a homer.
It actually was pretty close until late in the game last year. It just didn't seem that way because we didn't do anything on offense.

I think we have a real shot at it.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Its unlikely, but we have a shot...its not like the Ravens are playing amazing football right now either.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I do, we will kick their ass.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Broncos: -7
Ravens: 105
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #13
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I feel pretty much identical to how I felt against Tennesse... I think the Broncos match up better with this type of team than they do the Colts, and I see no reason to think the Broncos should be murdered (well - unless Ray Lewis' homies show up). This team needs to learn how to win close games, and not shoot themselves in the foot. If we limit mistakes, we will be in the game, and then anything can happen (as we saw last week). I would really like to see us win one of the next two, with both games being competitive. If that happens - I will be really optimistic for the stretch run.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #14
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I don't. I've heard good reasons why we do. However back to back road games on the east against physical teams in a place we haven't ever won with no run game? I fully expect to lose. I hope we don't and I'll be pulling for the upset, but I expect to lose by around 9 to 10 points. I've been right on my predictions all year, so maybe I'll be wrong on this one.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They are beatable. I think they believe their own hype that they are better than they really are.

That said, I don't know if we have quite the team to beat them yet. If we pull this one off it would be HUGE, and it would shock everyone I think.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #16
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

I do feel confident about this game. Say what you want but yes having Ed Reeeeeed out is going to help us. He was quite the disruption last year and I believe MCD can exploit that weakness. For some strange feeling I think our running game might come around this Sunday. Watch. Defense will continue to play strong and I believe we come out with a W this Sunday.
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Actually, I think this game matches up for us a lot better then people say. The Ravens have a dicey secondary, and we have the best passing system in the league. Keep using Eddie, and dare I say, Decker on short bubble screens with speed to keep defenders honest, and use D.T and Lloyd to stretch the field.

On defense, our defense is average, but pretty good at stopping the main threat. Clamp down on Rice hard, keep five men in the box, and let Champ, Cox and company keep the Ravens receivers in check.

Score: Broncos 17, Ravens 10.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #18
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

27-24 Broncos. Both qb's throw for 300+.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

The one thing we have going for us is that while our running game is terrible, our passing game is our strength. The secondary is their achilles right now. Throw in a good game from our special teams (a stretch), and win the turn over battle (not a huge stretch as Orton is not a TO machine), and Denver could come outta B-more with a win. However, the smart money is on Maryland Magpies.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #20
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Anything can happen, but I am expecting a loss.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #21
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
We can actually beat the ratbirds ? Every single pundit I have seen or read has picked against us. Sure the run game sucks A$$ , but even I am in awe of the receiving corps and Orton has made me a believer. I try not to be a homer in any way and point it out on this board when homerism (is that a word ?) runs rampant.

I just don't believe the ratbirds secondary without ED Reed can hold up and our line who is enept at run blocking seems to be getting better at pass blocking each game.

Quick slants and screens should be employed frequently to burn their pass rush down !

Seriously this contest is now where nearly as one sided as the so-called experts have made it out to be !
In the past, I have watched Denver wilt under the physical play of the Ravens even when the Broncos had a more balanced offense. I have never seen Denver match Baltimore in that area regardless of the Bronco talent. It was like watching the school bully come take a kids lunch money away.

This is exactly like it was in the early 70's with Oakland. The bully comes to town and the home team wilts. Finally, the Orange Crush Defense came along, matched Oaklands physical style and things changed. That is exactly where the Tom Jackson "fat man" comment came from.

Until Denver can match the Ravens physical play, I will not believe they can win more than 20% of the time. Their defense will find a way to nuetralize the passing game (QB pressures) and call our bluff on the running game.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #22
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Every single pundit I have seen or read has picked against us.
This is precisely why I think we have a chance.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The Ratbirds are coming off a close, tough, emotional, road win in their own conference. Will they rise to the occasion against the Broncos? The Broncos are coming off a big road win that proved to them that they can play physical and win, even when everything doesn't work like it's designed. Football games can be won on emotion. I definitely think the Broncos can win this, especially if they stick with the three step drop, use the hurry up some, and use a lot of multiple receiver sets. Burn them through the air with speed and relentless pressure. The Ratbirds worked hard in Pittsburgh last week. Work them harder this week.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #24
wyobronco
Gradishar for HOF

Maybe the fat man again?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokely

Quote:
...Every single pundit I have seen or read has picked against us.
Which pundits picked Denver over Tennessee? If all three phases show up, Denver can beat anyone. If one phase stays home, Denver can lose to anyone, especially on the road.
wyobronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #25
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I don't think we can, mainly because of the offense and no running game. I think we're too one dimensional for a defense like the Ravens and they happen to be very good against the one bright spot on the Broncos, passing. If we are going to have any chance I think it's up to our defense which played very well against the Titans. I don't know that Flacco is going to present a huge problem but they are at home and that often can pump even a bad player up. Hopefully Rice is slightly hobbled. Limit everything they do on offense. But I do agree, if all the pundits are saying we can't, there's a very good chance we can.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote