The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default high school cancels game because other team is "too big"

i can't at all agree with the decision by St. George's. it's wrong on so many levels. i have a couple of snide comments i'd like to make... but won't. i think the story speaks for itself.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-274799
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

perhaps they should play soccer instead
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

these guys don't ever seem to have a problem with it

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

please. just stick in the Rudy DVD and get their arses on the field.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

That is sooooooooo wrong militia
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
That is sooooooooo wrong militia
what?

your sooners are lucky my falcons ran out of time.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
i can't at all agree with the decision by St. George's. it's wrong on so many levels. i have a couple of snide comments i'd like to make... but won't. i think the story speaks for itself.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-274799
It's on the league itself for putting unfair competition together. I don't begrudge St. George for pulling out, especially if their kids are about 175-200lbs on the lines compared to the other school who has kids as big as 350lbs.

It's all on the league, rather then that particular school. This is why public high schools have different divisions. In general, the bigger schools have bigger, faster, more physical players than the smaller schools so the competition is more balanced. If these private schools can't divide up into divisions to even out the competition then shame on them, JMHO...

Another analogy... it's like Holy Cross playing Notre Dame or a DIII NAIA team playing a powerhouse NCAA D1 school and expecting to compete...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
what?

your sooners are lucky my falcons ran out of time.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight keep thinking that
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #9
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Another analogy... it's like Holy Cross playing Notre Dame or a DIII NAIA team playing a powerhouse NCAA D1 school and expecting to compete...
no, it's really not.

does Holy Cross cancel the game because they're afraid the big bad meanies from Notre Dame will hurt their precious little butterfly players? no they don't. even if they don't stand a chance of winning, they play. because it's about the competition. it's about the challenge of taking on a task that seems impossible and giving it your best effort. even if you lose... you come away from the game knowing yourself a bit better.

i'm sorry, but this decision by St. George's is not the same. this is a bunch of metrosexual administrators who probably pee sitting down on the toilet. those kids are playing football for the enjoyment of the sport. so what if they are smaller and slower. it's not like they are playing the 1985 Bears out there. it's an opposing HS. injuries can happen at any time. no matter who you play. but there's no guarantee that this game would result in any more or any more serious injuries than normal.

but no... these precious little rainbow colored butterflies need to be protected from the big bad meanies on the other team. that's just wrong. if i was a player on St. George's, i'd be pretty disgusted by my school's administration for this decision. they should let the kids play.

whether or not the schools should be in the same division is a different issue. but they are in the same division now. this is a scheduled game. they should have allowed the kids to show up and play.

maybe i'm wrong, but that's my take on it.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight keep thinking that
I do think that..... I bet you've been ****ting diamonds the last three weeks after watching your sooners "dominate" Air Force, Cinci (lol), and Texas.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
no, it's really not.

does Holy Cross cancel the game because they're afraid the big bad meanies from Notre Dame will hurt their precious little butterfly players? no they don't. even if they don't stand a chance of winning, they play. because it's about the competition. it's about the challenge of taking on a task that seems impossible and giving it your best effort. even if you lose... you come away from the game knowing yourself a bit better.

i'm sorry, but this decision by St. George's is not the same. this is a bunch of metrosexual administrators who probably pee sitting down on the toilet. those kids are playing football for the enjoyment of the sport. so what if they are smaller and slower. it's not like they are playing the 1985 Bears out there. it's an opposing HS. injuries can happen at any time. no matter who you play. but there's no guarantee that this game would result in any more or any more serious injuries than normal.

but no... these precious little rainbow colored butterflies need to be protected from the big bad meanies on the other team. that's just wrong. if i was a player on St. George's, i'd be pretty disgusted by my school's administration for this decision. they should let the kids play.

whether or not the schools should be in the same division is a different issue. but they are in the same division now. this is a scheduled game. they should have allwoed the kids to show up and play.

You're completely missing the point.

Holy Cross is not in the same damn league as Notre Dame. There's a reason public high schools and colleges divide up into different divisions, different leagues, etc. It's because not all schools compete on the same level. That seems to be the case with St. George and Lawrence Academy. Obviously LA takes football way more seriously than St. George does so again, why is St. George even in the same league as LA?

Again, this is an indication the ISL league is not administered correctly...
Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I'd like to hear what the team thinks...so far none of the players or coaches has been interviewed
Old 10-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

its hard to blame them. this appears to be a game they literally couldnt compete in. like going to fight an army of navy seals with a stick. the other team beat every other team they played last year by 40+ points, with the exception of 2 teams.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

You are telling me a 17 year old is 350 pounds and athletic and he is not on the juice? riiiiight.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #15
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
injuries can happen at any time. no matter who you play. but there's no guarantee that this game would result in any more or any more serious injuries than normal.
No guarantees but a little common sense suggests it's quite likely to be so. Then again maybe this other team is so dominant that once they're up by a few scores they would take it easy on the runts.

I see injuries like this constantly - scrawny kids pushed into playing football either by their own desire or their parents and competing against kids who are giants and way bigger than me - lots of injuries to go around. Fortunately most are broken bones and kids heal quick; but I've seen several bad ones. Size and muscle mass certainly do matter.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
You're completely missing the point.

Holy Cross is not in the same damn league as Notre Dame. There's a reason public high schools and colleges divide up into different divisions, different leagues, etc. It's because not all schools compete on the same level. That seems to be the case with St. George and Lawrence Academy. Obviously LA takes football way more seriously than St. George does so again, why is St. George even in the same league as LA?

Again, this is an indication the ISL league is not administered correctly...
Exactly. People are sitting here quick to the trigger to call another school/administration p***Y.

At the end of the day, it's about the safety of the players as they've said. Was there even any information on the size differences?

JohnGalt is a ****ing moron.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #17
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
does Holy Cross cancel the game because they're afraid the big bad meanies from Notre Dame will hurt their precious little butterfly players? no they don't. even if they don't stand a chance of winning, they play. because it's about the competition.
Pfui. It's about the payday for the smaller school, not the competition.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #18
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
no, it's really not.

whether or not the schools should be in the same division is a different issue. but they are in the same division now. this is a scheduled game. they should have allowed the kids to show up and play.

So that means I can put you in the ring with Chuck LaDell because the promoter set it up that way and you should just stick it out and take on the impossible task? You'd get killed and ofr what purpose?
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #19
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Quote:
if i was a player on St. George's, i'd be pretty disgusted by my school's administration for this decision. they should let the kids play.
That's the dumbest ****ing thought process one could have. Nothing but egotistical thinking, not taking anything into consideration, or any of the variables of the situation.

You're a ****ing dumbass.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 10-06-2010 at 04:49 PM..
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #20
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

We're talking about kids here, folks. This isn't the NFL, or college. It's absurd that a team averaging 40 point margins of victory is in that league.

Calling them pansies for not competing in what is clearly an unfair contest is idiotic.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #21
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
no, it's really not.

woah woah woah... don't hate on the metrosexuals. this is about mexicans.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
please. just stick in the Rudy DVD and get their arses on the field.
That's what I'd do, but then I keep forgetting that it's okay (an in some cases even reguarded as admirable by some) to just outright quit these days.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #23
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

so when I took on a 3 time State champ who hadnt let anyone out of the first period my senior year in wrestling, i should have not gone out there to compete and just forfeit...**** that
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
so when I took on a 3 time State champ who hadnt let anyone out of the first period my senior year in wrestling, i should have not gone out there to compete and just forfeit...**** that
Were you in the same weight class? If you were then you should compete. Wrestling is as much about knowing the correct moves as it is about sheer strength. I won me a match or two by knowing better moves than the other guy even though the other guy threw me around the mat...

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 10-06-2010 at 05:08 PM..
Old 10-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #25
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I could actually understand this if you've got a small private school with a bunch of 130 pounders playing an elite private school with state-wide recruits.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote