The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default "we play aggressive ó we donít play cheap" -Fisher/"they're a bunch of powderpuffs" -Finnegan

Chris Kuper:

Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan, when asked if the Broncos had the toughest receiving corps he has faced:
"Actually, they're a bunch of powderpuffs."

Read more: What they said: Brian Dawkins says Broncos know to close out games - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz11TQ44G15

One day after Denver quarterback Kyle Orton called the Titans "cheap," Broncos Coach Josh McDaniels piled on.

McDaniels told Denver media on Monday that the Titans’ penalty yardage – Tennessee was penalized 10 times for 111 yards – is a function of how Jeff Fisher coaches the team.

"I was proud of our team because we knew that was the kind of game it was going to be," McDaniels said. "You can put any tape you want to of Tennessee and there’s going to be 10 penalties. You either coach it or you allow it to happen. That’s how I look at that.

"Our guys did a great job of keeping their poise and composure and not getting drawn into a big unsportsmanlike game because I know that’s what they were trying to entice us into doing."

McDaniels said the Titans go beyond just being physical.

"There’s a way to play tough and physical without being excessive and playing dirty after the snap," McDaniels said. "There’s a lot of teams in this league that play like that. Tough and physical but also within the rules."

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher had a different opinion on Monday.

"We play aggressive — we don’t play cheap," Fisher said. "If there’s things after the whistle or during the play, players are fined for them. But we’re not a cheap football team. I don’t know what he’s referring to.

"We did have six sacks against the quarterback and numerous other times they did have some difficulty with protection and blocking our defensive line. Maybe he’s referring to that."

If anything, Fisher said he’d like to see his defense play with even more of an edge.

"This defense is playing well," Fisher said. "They played well enough to win … I’d like to see them play harder, play more aggressive."

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...#comment-11617

Not sure how giving up 26 points is playing well enough to win, considering they're not exactly a powerhouse offense.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 10-05-2010 at 02:05 AM..
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Well, Titans just jumped on the Broncos rival list.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

God, after the raping the Titans secondary took you'd think Finnegan would have the brain to say something else. Wonder what a good receiving corp would do to him if our guys are powderpuffs.

As for Jeff Fischer... check the scoreboard, b****..
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Ha ...the powder puffs won.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:10 AM   #5
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I forget what the play was, but Finnegan was spazzing out afterwards and looking like a total idiot. Might have been a sack.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

so fisher said his team doesnt play dirty, and if they did its ok they wil just get fined for it? that excuses everything?

yea....fisher might be about that time to get a new team buddy.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 AM   #7
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

So let me get this straight...

You play football, and you strategize around a game plan that involves intentionally going after defenseless players, and it isn't 'cheap' because you eat the fine they give you afterward?

If you put things like that into your gameplan, and intentionally seek to sign players like Finnegan, then you're a cheap team. There is no way around it.

Between this and the Peyton Manning jersey last year, I'd say that Jim Fischer is losing it. Better check him for dementia or Alzheimer's or something.

As for Finnegan, well he's a piece of ****. He has some speed, but honestly I don't see a whole lot of skill out of him. At least not pro bowl worthy skill. I can see how you can be proud being a tough player, but not a cheap player. Playing cheap is what you do when you're either too much of a p***Y to take someone on fairly (ie attacking a defenseless player), or when you're getting beat consistently (by 'powderpuff' receivers like Lloyd), both of which were happening to Finnegan Sunday. Seriously, this Finnegan guy is a little b**** who doesn't know when to shut up.

Plus, it's hard to talk **** after a loss - even if you call the other team powderpuffs, that means you lost to powderpuffs.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 AM   #8
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
exactly! if they lost to powederpuffs, what does that make the titans?

pussies!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #9
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
exactly! if they lost to powederpuffs, what does that make the titans?

pussies!

Yeah, that would be great if McDaniels would say, "Only pussies loose to powerpuffs!!"

- In all the We're just trying to win a mother ****ing game MOJO he can muster up!!!
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #10
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
McDaniels told Denver media on Monday that the Titansí penalty yardage Ė Tennessee was penalized 10 times for 111 yards Ė is a function of how Jeff Fisher coaches the team.

"I was proud of our team because we knew that was the kind of game it was going to be," McDaniels said. "You can put any tape you want to of Tennessee and thereís going to be 10 penalties. You either coach it or you allow it to happen. Thatís how I look at that.
Through 4 games this year the Titans are averaging 9.2 penalties and 86 yards per game. Worst in the league. The Broncos are at 5.5 and 59.8 per game in 2010. This data collaborates what Josh is saying about the Titans.

Of course, if you look back further than these first four games then Josh's point falls apart. Titans finished 2009 at 6.1 penalties and 51.3 per game while the Broncos came in just two slots better at 5.8 and 50 per game.

Outside of supporting Kyle and the team's earlier 'cheap' comment which is awesome; if penalties are a point of emphasis for Josh and he is going to draw conclusions about other coaches...then he needs to focus on our own improvement in this area.

Currently Denver is ranked 21st in the league in penalty yards per game and has more penalty yards per penalty through four games than anyone else in the league.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #11
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

I don't know. The running back was not down. Hardly a big deal. No blood, no foul.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Currently Denver is ranked 21st in the league in penalty yards per game and has more penalty yards per penalty through four games than anyone else in the league.
So that would suggest that the number of penalties is lower, and there would be several long PIs (like the BS call on Bailey). I'd like to know where we stand minus that and several bad holds by Daniels (legitimate calls, but still it's just one player who probably wont be starting for the rest of the season).

So far this year, the Titans are a cheap team. The character of a team changes every year. McD is right.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #13
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Enjoy, Finnegan. Can there be fines on plays that weren't flagged for penalty?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #14
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

If TO thinks you suck, then you might suck:

Old 10-05-2010, 06:47 AM   #15
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

He punched Steve Slaton? That guy might actually be smaller than Finnegan (if that's possible):

Old 10-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #16
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

The dude clearly suffers from Little Man Syndrome. He's about to get his ass kicked by this Cowboys receiving corps here in Dallas (well, Arlington, but whatever). Austin and Dez can school him in a number of directions. I'd say Roy Williams but we all know that dude sucks.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

no offense, but it sounds like the Broncos are whining. Sure the shot on kuper was cheap. but I doubt they coach that kind thing.

and get used to it......the ravens and jets play the same way
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #18
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Fisher has been employing these dirty tactics for a while now. I think he gets away with a lot of this because he's the co-chair on the competition committee.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #19
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

They're not whining. They've made their statements and have moved on already. We're seeing so much about it because it's a juicy topic and one that's fun to talk about. And you're right, they probably don't coach it, but they sure don't seem to mind much when it happens (and it happens a lot with that squad).
Old 10-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #20
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

After the Kuper play Finnegan is just standing there with that douchey a** grin
on his face. That guy is trash. Its nice that we pretty much took him to school the rest of the game. It was like Verner started making some plays so we just went to whoever Finnegan was covering.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #21
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #22
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Fisher has clearly been at once place too long. Dude needs a year out of the game. As for Finnegan, the ****er needs a few games off.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #23
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I'm not saying we should put a bounty on Can't Winnagain but I'm also not not saying we should put a bounty on Can't Winnagain.

Perhaps our offensive personnel need to be...how did Fisher put it? Oh yeah, "I’d like to see them play harder, play more aggressive." Right around the region of the kneecaps. I think a little high/low action on a TN DL might be just the thing for Winnagain. We can get Cortland too but I know how shifty thise DBs can be. It's a lot easier to post and cut a DL than a DB.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #24
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
I don't know. The running back was not down. Hardly a big deal. No blood, no foul.
That was a pure scumbag move, not surprising you condone it.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #25
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
The play is Over when the helmet comes off a player. Just thought you might like to know the rule change....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote