The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

I root for laundry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default Why the Broncos can beat the Ravens

While I believe the Ravens are for real, I'm not buying that Denver doesn't have a chance. And the 7-point spread is silly. Consider...

1. The Ravens are giving up a remarkable 119.0 yards per game and only 4.75 yards per attempt. But opponents have only passed an average of 25 times per game and Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Seneca Wallace and Charlie Batch don't exactly push the ball down the field nor have the receivers Denver does. This will be the first serious test for the Ravens pass defense.

2. The Ravens' run defense doesn't dominate. It gives up 4.3 yards per carry (ranks 18th, right behind the Broncos). Okay, so the Broncos still won't be able to run the ball but...

3. The Ravens can't run it either. Their 3.0 yards per carry is only better than Denver's barf-inducing 2.2 ypc.

4. The Broncos can't cover kicks, but the Ravens can't return them. B'more is averaging 21.7 ypr on kickoffs (24th) and 5.3 ypr on punts (29th). Denver actually has an advantage since...

5. The Ravens can't cover kicks either. They're 28th in kickoff coverage (28.7) and 17th in punt coverage (8.0). Bey-Bey could be huge.

6. Baltimore doesn't force turnovers. Just one pick against (Sanchez, Palmer, Wallace and Batch?) and one fumble recovery. No stupid turnovers and Denver has a real shot.

7. Yes, the Ravens give up only 13.8 points per game, but they only score 15.2. They've played some good defenses but this shouldn't get out of reach.

8. The Ravens get pressure on the QB, but it's not overwhelming. They have just seven sacks on the season and only got to the totem pole that is Carson Palmer once.

9. I will be attending the game and plan to assist Josh McDaniels with game management (telling him the proper time to call time out and assuring him it doesn't mean his penis is too small if he doesn't go for it on 4th down).

10. Last year the Ravens had two weeks to prepare and caught Orton off-guard with a lot of new stuff. This week, the Ravens are coming off a big win against the Steelers and I believe have some weird post-Steelers hangover history.

Final thought. The big thing that scares me is s**t just seems to happen in Baltimore. I think winning the turnover battle is a must and getting at least some pressure on Flacco.

Go Broncos.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

if we win ........ it will be orton ....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

The Broncos always suck in Baltimore. I'll be amazed if they can keep it close.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

We could of had Ed Reed!
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

the game last year was out of reach early....fumbled on the first play of the game I believe after Moreno got lit up on a flare pass
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron clady View Post
we could of had ed reed!
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

God I ****ing hate the Ravens. I had to move from CO to Baltimore and watch Shannon Sharpe sign with them, then sit in the crowd as he beats us in the playoffs. They had to be the first road to team to win at Invesco. I had to watch Ray Lewis knock Keith Burns into next week as Chris McAlister took a FG return (which at the time, I didn't even know you could do) to the house. Then, worst of all, they had to knock us from the ranks of the unbeaten in embarrasing fashion.

For the love of goodness, please Josh. Pleaseeeeeee do everything in your power to win this game. I just want to beat these ****ers in Baltimore one time!!!
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Maybe the ravens are ripe for a loss coming off this big win over the stellers? We can all dream, can't we?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
the game last year was out of reach early....fumbled on the first play of the game I believe after Moreno got lit up on a flare pass
The first play of the game they sacked Orton and almost put him out for the season
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

We need to put 20 points on the board. That's the number.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Orton is playing as good of football as anyone in the league. He's transcended the efficient game manager role, and is carrying this offense on his back. Our defense has been pretty damn good too. I like our chances.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #12
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
The game was lost on a, what else?, Kick-Return TD to open the 2nd half. it was 0-6 at that point.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #13
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

They are tough team especially at home..
I hope that we win this game..It would definitely a boost winning 2 games in a row.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #14
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub View Post
The game was lost on a, what else?, Kick-Return TD to open the 2nd half. it was 0-6 at that point.
thats right....i remember that now....not sure what game I'm thinking of
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
I had to watch Ray Lewis knock Keith Burns into next week as Chris McAlister took a FG return (which at the time, I didn't even know you could do) to the house.
Holy crap! Donovan McNabb posts here?!?

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #16
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

If we have to pass 50 times against that defense, we won't win!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #17
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Their WR's are good. REALLY good. If Flacco has time to throw it, it could be a long day for Perrish Cox and the other DB's. I could see Flacco dropping 30 points and 300+yds on us if he gets time.

Orton will have to be sharp and you may see lots of 5 wide and short bubble-screen type stuff to simulate some kind of run game for us.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #18
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I have a good feeling about this game...But then again, I always feel good after a win.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #19
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
If we have to pass 50 times against that defense, we won't win!
Honestly, I think thats the only way we have a shot to beat these guys. If we run it 30 times we might get 25 yards, and what does that do for us?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #20
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunSilentRunDeep View Post
While I believe the Ravens are for real, I'm not buying that Denver doesn't have a chance. And the 7-point spread is silly. Consider...

1. The Ravens are giving up a remarkable 119.0 yards per game and only 4.75 yards per attempt. But opponents have only passed an average of 25 times per game and Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Seneca Wallace and Charlie Batch don't exactly push the ball down the field nor have the receivers Denver does. This will be the first serious test for the Ravens pass defense.

2. The Ravens' run defense doesn't dominate. It gives up 4.3 yards per carry (ranks 18th, right behind the Broncos). Okay, so the Broncos still won't be able to run the ball but...

3. The Ravens can't run it either. Their 3.0 yards per carry is only better than Denver's barf-inducing 2.2 ypc.

4. The Broncos can't cover kicks, but the Ravens can't return them. B'more is averaging 21.7 ypr on kickoffs (24th) and 5.3 ypr on punts (29th). Denver actually has an advantage since...

5. The Ravens can't cover kicks either. They're 28th in kickoff coverage (28.7) and 17th in punt coverage (8.0). Bey-Bey could be huge.

6. Baltimore doesn't force turnovers. Just one pick against (Sanchez, Palmer, Wallace and Batch?) and one fumble recovery. No stupid turnovers and Denver has a real shot.

7. Yes, the Ravens give up only 13.8 points per game, but they only score 15.2. They've played some good defenses but this shouldn't get out of reach.

8. The Ravens get pressure on the QB, but it's not overwhelming. They have just seven sacks on the season and only got to the totem pole that is Carson Palmer once.

9. I will be attending the game and plan to assist Josh McDaniels with game management (telling him the proper time to call time out and assuring him it doesn't mean his penis is too small if he doesn't go for it on 4th down).

10. Last year the Ravens had two weeks to prepare and caught Orton off-guard with a lot of new stuff. This week, the Ravens are coming off a big win against the Steelers and I believe have some weird post-Steelers hangover history.

Final thought. The big thing that scares me is s**t just seems to happen in Baltimore. I think winning the turnover battle is a must and getting at least some pressure on Flacco.

Go Broncos.

good write up...

i think we can win too...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #21
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I still have effing nightmares of Chris McAlister.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

I root for laundry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGcver2ver3 View Post
good write up...

i think we can win too...
Thanks, this was starting to turn into a Debbie Downer convention.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #23
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Their WR's are good. REALLY good. If Flacco has time to throw it, it could be a long day for Perrish Cox and the other DB's. I could see Flacco dropping 30 points and 300+yds on us if he gets time.
Yeah, but their passing game has underacheived given the quality of the personnel. I think Flacco is overrated, personally. I don't think they get more than 20 points on our D. Question is, can Orton put up 21+ with no running game against that D?
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I think our Oline and RBs will come into this game with a major chip on their shoulders. They got embarassed against the Titans. They're going to want to prove to their teammates and coaches that they can run the ball. Hopefully, Knowshon's hammy is healed up.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Put Champ on Boldin, and play Heap like we did against Dallas Clark. Make Flacco beat us with TJ.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote