The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Random thoughts about the Titans game

• Huge win. I thought it was over in the third but our defense kept us alive. Major props to Wink, who is really improving over the year as a play caller.
  • Nate Jones is still terrible.
  • I was ready to throw garbage on Priefer's lawn, but his unit rebounded with a big return by DT and the fumble.
  • The running game was awful, but that was a combination of the Titans D-line and Maroney dancing. Our offensive line was owned pretty much the whole game.
  • In spite of being owned in the run, we scored as many passing TD's in one game as Ten has given up all year. Orton looks like Tom Brady circa '02.
  • Major props to Royal, Lloyd, DT and Gaffney for saving this game.
  • There is a trend I'm noticing. More and more elite defenses are having their D-lines just guess the snap count. The Vikings do this too. I was thinking about it, and it's only a five yard penalty and they only call it a third of the time. Makes sense, especially at home.
  • Titans made mistakes that gave us an opportunity to win. They make fewer mistakes and we lose this game.
  • I love Cassius Vaugn.

Overall a huge win. Like I said before if we can split the next two and be 3-3 by week 6, we have a shot to make the playoffs.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default Post Game Thoughts

1. Tons of heart from Orton despite the OL getting ass raped all day.

2. I don't want to see Maroney on this team, anymore. The 4th rounder we traded away >>>> him. I'm hoping for Moreno back but even if he isn't ready next week, we need to go with ANYONE else.

3. Lloyd is really benefitting from this system and Royal has definitely adjusted to this offense. Gaffney has taken a step back, but he's still contributing from time to time (and drawing the PI was great). I was hoping to see some more Bay Bay in the passing game, but they tried to pick on that rookie corner from UCLA (who's not bad).

4. We're eventually going to have the same issue with Thomas returning kicks as we did with Royal in the beginning...that is, they are too valuable to be doing it, even though he really did some great things in that area, today.

5. OL is complete **** at this point. I was really disappointed with Clady in particular. He gave up at least one sack and mayble more and got called twice. A little setback from him. I was surprised that the run game didn't improve with Harris's return. It actually got worse although some of that is on Maroney. IMO, start Beadles at LG.

6. DL finally did a nice job tying up blockers and it was nice to see Bannan as well as Williams active in the backfield. Marcus actually flashed for once, too. Real nice job vs. the run for this unit. Alot of credit to them.

7. DJ with another very good game in holding CJ under wraps in the pass game (sure tackles after short gains) and also the run game. 10 tackles and a sack and would have a had a PD if Haggan didn't have that dumb penalty. He's really a great player and I hope peopole will start appreciating him now. Ayers really turned it on after a slow start, I believe the kid had 2 TFL, both of them at oppurtune times, too. Good work, Robert. Nothing much from Haggan this game, or Hunter/Moss, though. That's going to be a problem all year. Pass defense should improve a little when we get Woodyard back.

8. I hope Bailey is healthy, I thought he had a very good game, got some poor calls against him. Really impressed with most of Cox's work, too. He did a real nice job for a rookie.

9. Dawkins=Studly. He really brought it in the second half. I thought Hill was decent, too.

10. I'm really impressed by Josh's passing game. It's a great system....even average players can thrive in it. By contrast, the run game is totally atrocious. I really don't know what it is at this point...obviously it seems that most of it is on the line. I suspect alot of that is Walton. He's trying hard, but he's an undersized rookie and is probably getting owned by DT's, which affects the rest of the line. Daniels is ****, too and the tackles are still not all the way back. Not sure how we are going to cure this problem.

Great win for the team. If we can split the next two at home against very good opponents, we'll be 3-3 going into the London game which we SHOULD win and then the schedule will get easier.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Imagine if McD had cut Vaughn over Al Smith. Here's to nepotism!
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
broncoblue
english not british!!

Thought....................yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
Imagine if McD had cut Vaughn over Al Smith. Here's to nepotism!
i hate to say it but Alphonso Smith has two ints this year already
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
[LIST]
Titans made mistakes that gave us an opportunity to win. They make fewer mistakes and we lose this game.
This can be said of most NFL games every week.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Agreed about Martindale.

We took CJ completely out of the game today. Imagine if we had Dumervil in there to pressure the QB.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

The way CBS' crew was all over the Titans nuts all game with how great they are, I'm shocked the Broncos didn't lose by 20.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #9
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I agree on Morony. However I do think the offensive line faced the most physical D-line they've seen all year on the road and likely will not face one this tough for some time.

Also, missed this thread so plz merge mine with it. Thnx.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
The way CBS' crew was all over the Titans nuts all game with how great they are, I'm shocked the Broncos didn't lose by 20.
I don't usually like griping about analysts hating on us, but I did notice this. It was like there was verbal disappointment at the outcome.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Walton is looking decent, but I'd really rather see Beadles at LG over Daniels.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I agree with everything except Walton isnt all that undersized. Dude is 300 lbs.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
CEH
Ring of Famer

The end result was great but I would have kicked a FG to bring it to 20-19 and let our D get the ball back which they did

Not a real big fan of going for it on 4th and 3
This was not the Indy Colts were were playing.

Running game maybe set an 40 year low.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #14
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
[LIST][*]Huge win. I thought it was over in the third but our defense kept us alive. Major props to Wink, who is really improving over the year as a play caller.
Yes. I was a critic of the decision to get rid of Nolan, but Wink has stepped up well. However, the proof in the pudding will be the Broncos second half defense. Our second half schedule is a hell of a lot better, but the defense collapses have been epic - and I believe much more due to conditioning then anything else.
Quote:
[*]The running game was awful, but that was a combination of the Titans D-line and Maroney dancing. Our offensive line was owned pretty much the whole game.
As horrific as Buckhalter was earlier in the season, he showed up late in the game when we really really needed it.

Quote:
[*]Major props to Royal, Lloyd, DT and Gaffney for saving this game.
Mad props to Orton too - he did carry this team - the first time ever, and I didn't think he could - and showed up when it was needed. Royal is finally being used well. DT is still to inconsistant with his routes to be a huge asset. Gaffney had trouble all game.
Quote:
[*]There is a trend I'm noticing. More and more elite defenses are having their D-lines just guess the snap count. The Vikings do this too. I was thinking about it, and it's only a five yard penalty and they only call it a third of the time. Makes sense, especially at home.
Yep.

Quote:
[*]I love Cassius Vaugn.
Hell yes.

Quote:
Overall a huge win. Like I said before if we can split the next two and be 3-3 by week 6, we have a shot to make the playoffs.
We needed this game. I called it a "must win" before hand, and despite the fact that it was messy and evil,it was a win, and therefore legit.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I don't usually like griping about analysts hating on us, but I did notice this. It was like there was verbal disappointment at the outcome.
haha this is funny, because i wanted to ask about this. I was watching in a sports bar with no sound, but it seemed like every close call that went in the broncos favor was replayed 600 times (and i was assuming they were claiming it should have gone the other way (CJs fumble..where you could never see the ball), orton's sneak on 4th, Gaffneys fade route). Did i assume correct?
Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Great job on Wink's part to shutdown CJ and allow VY to try and win the game for the Titan's.

I liked the 4th and 3 call and making the Titan's take the long field to try and put the game away.

Titan's D is fast.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I agree with everything except Walton isnt all that undersized. Dude is 300 lbs.
He doesn't seem to have a ton of functional strength, though, but to be fair, he's young and playing against guys 8-10 years older than him.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #18
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
haha this is funny, because i wanted to ask about this. I was watching in a sports bar with no sound, but it seemed like every close call that went in the broncos favor was replayed 600 times (and i was assuming they were claiming it should have gone the other way (CJs fumble..where you could never see the ball), orton's sneak on 4th, Gaffneys fade route). Did i assume correct?
Actually they seemed to agree there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the Orton first down. And they were vocal in saying they thought Gaffney's catch was good and called correctly.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Honestly, we were outplayed for huge chunks of that game, and still came out on top. It's a feeling that I think the Patriots crowd are very familar with.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #20
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
I agree. It's usually pretty unbiased, but they were certainly stroking the home team today.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post
Actually they seemed to agree there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the Orton first down. And they were vocal in saying they thought Gaffney's catch was good and called correctly.
I guess i assumed wrong
Old 10-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He doesn't seem to have a ton of functional strength, though, but to be fair, he's young and playing against guys 8-10 years older than him.
I agree there. And, as you implied, i bet that will improve with time. Not saying he'll be all pro, but experience will help
Old 10-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #23
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
i hate to say it but Alphonso Smith has two ints this year already
Even short, slow, blind squirrels find a nut or two.

Last edited by WolfpackGuy; 10-03-2010 at 02:07 PM..
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #24
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

My thoughts...

brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #25
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Great win today..Defense is improving.Orton is our offense..
We need to improve our running game..Otherwise, we will be an average team.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote