The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,271
Default Matt Prater appreciation thread

psmyth12 Among players with at least 100 kickoffs since 1994, Broncos K Matt Prater's 32.6% career touchback rate is the best in the NFL
3:36 PM Sep 30th via web
Retweeted by Denver_Broncos and 7 others

psmyth12 Broncos K Matt Prater's 80.8 field goal percentage (59-73) is the best in team history, just ahead of Jason Elam's 80.6% rate
3:36 PM Sep 30th via web

@broncosforums - Prater's 80 percent success rate on 50-yarders (8-of-10) is the best in NFL history (min. 10 att.).
5:01 PM Sep 30th via web

@broncosforums - he has 8 50-yarders that rank 2nd in Broncos history (Elam, 37) and T-19th among active players.
5:00 PM Sep 30th via web
Reply Retweet


Last edited by IHaveALight; 10-01-2010 at 05:42 PM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
test
write your entire post first, and just make the title of the post a single letter. then all you have to do is go back and edit the title name.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

tsi, you forgot to tell him about the links too.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,774
Default

I was going to mention how solid Prater has been, then thought better of it for obvious reasons.

We're ****ed, now.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I was going to mention how solid Prater has been, then thought better of it for obvious reasons.

We're ****ed, now.
He is clearly going to get traded now.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He is clearly going to get traded now.
I heard they are moving him to punter to give Colquitt some competition.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,543
Default

I'll eat my crow in regards to Matt Prater....he has turned into a very good kicker.

I had him pegged as too erratic, but he has proven me wrong.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Yep, I've liked Prater:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin
Jason Elam in 1993 was 4/10 from 40-49 yards (4/6 from 50+).

Maybe Prater is an Elam clone?
That was a fun thread...
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I'll eat my crow in regards to Matt Prater....he has turned into a very good kicker.

I had him pegged as too erratic, but he has proven me wrong.
And it didn't even take 16 years
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,530
Default

I remember people were getting their panties in a bunch and wanting to replace Prater after a shaky "rookie" season kicking.
Now everybody's riding him up. Funny how in 2 years things can change.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,543
Default

Prater has a ways to go and many game winning FGs to kick before I place him up there with Jason Elam, but he has proven to be a good all around kicker, with a strong leg on FGs and kickoffs.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Prater has done well in general. I think that if they were given half a chance, Atlanta would want to revisit that dumping Prater and picking up Elam thing. Not that Elam isn't a ring of famer, but he clearly was near the end when he landed that last contract.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #13
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Wait, Atlanta dumped Prater and took Elam and we snagged Prater? So we swapped kickers? And Prater is like a century younger than Elam?

Epic win FTW!
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #14
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 6,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth
Default

The touchback % is ridiculous. Good thing with the Broncos' special teams.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
psmyth12 Among players with at least 100 kickoffs since 1994, Broncos K Matt Prater's 32.6% career touchback rate is the best in the NFL
3:36 PM Sep 30th via web
Retweeted by Denver_Broncos and 7 others

psmyth12 Broncos K Matt Prater's 80.8 field goal percentage (59-73) is the best in team history, just ahead of Jason Elam's 80.6% rate
3:36 PM Sep 30th via web

@broncosforums - Prater's 80 percent success rate on 50-yarders (8-of-10) is the best in NFL history (min. 10 att.).
5:01 PM Sep 30th via web

@broncosforums - he has 8 50-yarders that rank 2nd in Broncos history (Elam, 37) and T-19th among active players.
5:00 PM Sep 30th via web
Reply Retweet

now all we need is decent punting on a consistent basis and it will be like old times...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He is clearly going to get traded now.
unless u heard it on Bleacher Report or the Light Rail, how dare you spread such lies!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #17
Lolad
Ring of Famer
 
Fan

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,824

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoneco1331 View Post
I remember people were getting their panties in a bunch and wanting to replace Prater after a shaky "rookie" season kicking.
Now everybody's riding him up. Funny how in 2 years things can change.
didn't he miss a kicks in a couple of games that we could have won? Yes he has gotten better, I still feel uneasy though when he does kick
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #18
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
now all we need is decent punting on a consistent basis and it will be like old times...
Are you referring to the old days of Tom "Hey we're punting from the 40 so I'll just drop this one right inside the twen - omfg I split the uprights" Rouen?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #19
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
unless u heard it on Bleacher Report or the Light Rail, how dare you spread such lies!
or wiki
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:05 AM   #20
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
didn't he miss a kicks in a couple of games that we could have won? Yes he has gotten better, I still feel uneasy though when he does kick
nope

Since he's been here, he has never missed a 4th quarter kick in a close game or a kick in any game we've lost by 3 pts or less.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #21
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
nope

Since he's been here, he has never missed a 4th quarter kick in a close game or a kick in any game we've lost by 3 pts or less.
Wow thats incredible.

I could have swore his first year with us he missed a crucial kick in SD.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #22
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Are you referring to the old days of Tom "Hey we're punting from the 40 so I'll just drop this one right inside the twen - omfg I split the uprights" Rouen?


It's funny cause it's true.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #23
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
nope

Since he's been here, he has never missed a 4th quarter kick in a close game or a kick in any game we've lost by 3 pts or less.
It is amazing how people precieve/imgaine kicker stats. Remember in Elam's last few years, when all everyone could talk about was how he could no longer be counted on to kick beyond 40 yards, when really it couldn't have been further from the truth.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #24
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Wow thats incredible.

I could have swore his first year with us he missed a crucial kick in SD.
Nope. He was perfect in that Ed Hochuli game and didn't have a fg attempt in the loss at the end of that year.

The closest game in which he had a miss was the 7 pt loss to the Bills during the 2008 meltdown at the end of the year. But it was a 54 yarder in the first half and didn't really affect the outcome.

It's crazy. The only miss he had in a loss last year was in the Indy game, and that obviously didn't matter in the end.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
Lolad
Ring of Famer
 
Fan

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,824

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Nope. He was perfect in that Ed Hochuli game and didn't have a fg attempt in the loss at the end of that year.

The closest game in which he had a miss was the 7 pt loss to the Bills during the 2008 meltdown at the end of the year. But it was a 54 yarder in the first half and didn't really affect the outcome.

It's crazy. The only miss he had in a loss last year was in the Indy game, and that obviously didn't matter in the end.
He forced Shanahan to go for it on 4th down a couple of times in several games because he didn't believe in his leg.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Denver Broncos