The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is this team's future
Playoffs this year 22 15.28%
Average team this year, Playoffs next year 85 59.03%
Cellar team this year, Playoffs next year 2 1.39%
Average team this year, Average team next year 25 17.36%
Average team this year, Cellar next year 2 1.39%
Cellar team this year and next, McDaniels gets canned 8 5.56%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default In which direction is this team headed?

Which direction is this team headed in? The farther removed I am from yesterday's game, the better I feel about this team. We can move the ball, no question. I think a lot of our redzone woes came down to poor communication and bad luck. I thought the defense was stellar given the situations it was put in.

Vote or Die

Last edited by Houshyamama; 09-27-2010 at 04:29 PM..
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

We'll go undefeated this year.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

GO BRONCOS!

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
GO BRONCOS!

****in' right. I'll definitely appreciate the Broncos' success much more this time around. Growing up in CO, Broncos were expected to be brilliant each year. Now that time has passed since the glory days, I think we'll see a real resurgence in Bronco land when we next have success.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

If we have Andre Goodman, and Elvis Dumervile in this game we beat the Colts. If we can stay healthy in key areas next season I could see the Broncos winning the division, and making a deep playoff run. Robert Ayers is making huge strides in his pass rushing ability that should translate to a dynamic one two combo with Elvis healthy. We already have one of the best secondaries in the league. Our offense is the youngest unit we have right now, and showing some flash's of dominance.

I see this team following a similar path to the Giants a few years ago. They went out in the draft loaded up on young talent across the offensive line, and what do you know two years later they had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. There were some major growing pains, most of which were felt by Kurt Warner, but when they started clicking that team became a sure fire playoff contender/ super bowl championship squad.

The next step for the Broncos is to address key areas along the defensive line. If we dedicate our first three picks in the 11' draft we are going to see something really special start to develop. We already have a lot of blue chip players that are chomping at the bit. Darcel McBath continues to impress, Elvis is 26, Robert Ayers is prove why we drafted him in the first round, Perish Cox got beat up this week but you can't deny this kids potential. Perish Cox has the size and the speed to be a really good corner in the league. All it is going to take for Perish to break out is experience, and he's surrounded by Hall of Fame players to ease that process along. I would love for the Broncos to go out and pick up a corner similar to Sean Smith of the Dolphins (6'3" 214) who can run with big physical receivers. Address the front 7 with our first three picks (1,2,2) and use our third (we still have a third right?) to go after a freakishly big DB with good hips. If we do that we can eventually move Champ to FS, Darcel will take over for Dawkins, Cox will move into the starting Corner position, and Squid will be our nickle.

I have a feeling our offense is set with a stable of young skill position players, and a young offensive line. What's great about that is you can see that they are starting to really click out there. After this season I think we are looking at a top ten offense. Next season we will probably see an even more effective offense, and our defense will be on the verge of equal dominance. So yea were going to be mediocre this year, but next year I think we will be primed for a significant playoff push.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Great post DivineLegion. I believe we are a couple great Dline starters and one dominant MLB away from being dominant on defense. I'd like to take this opportunity to say I love the direction McDaniels is taking this team in and that he as my full confidence.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I will always believe we can make the playoffs until it's just not mathematically possible anymore. Otherwise, what's the point?

How many seasons did San Diego start off ****ty and win the division? Tennessee was 0-6 and went on an amazing run to finish the season. I am not giving up, that's p***Y ****.

Go Broncos
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Southeast.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

bandwagon fans feel free to jump i like the potential future of this team
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Which direction is this team headed in? The farther removed I am from yesterday's game, the better I feel about this team. We can move the ball, no question. I think a lot of our redzone woes came down to poor communication and bad luck. I thought the defense was stellar given the situations it was put in.

Vote or Die
I kinda felt that way as the game progressed yesterday. I wont venture a guess as to when we might make a play off appearance, but I was glad to see that the team fought on 'til the end.

I dont know what the general consensus is out there, but this team is better off without the two big named head cases. They can wear out their welcomes in Chicago & Miami. I cant wait to hear one of the talking heads that questioned the team's sanity to say the same thing. But alas, much as Kiper never remembers the busts he annoints into Canton, I am not holding my breath about this happening.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Im personally excited about the potential that is on this team. I think Thomas/Cox/Beadles/Walton/ and even Decker were hits in this last draft. We all think Tebow has potential but to be honest Orton's development has given Denver time to develop him a la Aaron Rodgers.

Doom and Ayers will be a force for the next several years. Sign champ and the youngsters at DB look promising. IMO Safety and d-line are our weak spots. Dawkins is decent, but looks a step slow this year and Hill is not the answer. Our d-line is old and underwhelming. If we can address these two areas I think we become competitive very quickly for the playoffs.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #12
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Things are looking up. Haters gonna hate
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

/pat on back

Ya I love this team great team fiery coach great plan.

/pat on back

Nah but seriously I don't really see the need for panicking or giving up. We have a really good passing game and young players on offense (again). We laid an egg in JAX and lost to the Colts. What else is new?

We have some hard ass games coming up though.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #14
Boomhauer

Had a difficult time selecting "Cellar team this year and next, McDaniels gets canned" because:
- I'm not sure if the Broncos are worse than the Raiders, though now that Gradkowski is under center, we probably are. - I don't think McD will be around next season and, therefore, we'll probably be alot better.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #15
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Can someone tell me were the crowd was they use to be the best in the NFL not even close Seattle is probably number one . Broncos Crowds use to make most nose , they suck now.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Had a difficult time selecting "Cellar team this year and next, McDaniels gets canned" because:
- I'm not sure if the Broncos are worse than the Raiders, though now that Gradkowski is under center, we probably are. - I don't think McD will be around next season and, therefore, we'll probably be alot better.
I think you're nuts if you don't think Bowlen will give Josh a full three years.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #17
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Dang ol Bowlen man, I tell you what man, dang ol Josh will get dang 'ol like three full years man.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
Can someone tell me were the crowd was they use to be the best in the NFL not even close Seattle is probably number one . Broncos Crowds use to make most nose , they suck now.
The new stadium killed the old crowd. Ridiculous ticket prices, the pandering to the wine and cheese crowd, the Mickey Mouse family oriented feel of the games... all these seemed to have contributed. Football is a violent and gladiatorial sport, Invesco feels like a trip to Disneyland. All the stupid gimmicks they do during commercials makes me want to leave in disgust. Whenever you stand up to cheer, you almost feel like you're violating the rules. You can hear everyone behind you thinking, "Please sit down, if I stand up I'll spill this wonderful 92' Cabernet".
Old 09-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #19
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

We still have 80% of the season left to play. I think this team has potential and you never know in the AFC West.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #20
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

The fact that there are zero votes for 'average then cellar' and 4 votes for 'cellar then cellar' is funny to me. They don't believe we'll slowly decline or that this team is at least as good as last year's team. These 4 voters clearly believe that McDaniels has completely destroyed this squad. I guess we'll see.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

I like the potential this team has. I voted average this year and playoffs next year but still feel we could see the playoffs this year... icing on the cake for me if we do.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #22
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Sideways just like the running game.

8-8ish
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #23
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Moronic presumption number 1,768.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #24
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
If we have Andre Goodman, and Elvis Dumervile in this game we beat the Colts. If we can stay healthy in key areas next season I could see the Broncos winning the division, and making a deep playoff run. Robert Ayers is making huge strides in his pass rushing ability that should translate to a dynamic one two combo with Elvis healthy. We already have one of the best secondaries in the league. Our offense is the youngest unit we have right now, and showing some flash's of dominance.

I see this team following a similar path to the Giants a few years ago. They went out in the draft loaded up on young talent across the offensive line, and what do you know two years later they had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. There were some major growing pains, most of which were felt by Kurt Warner, but when they started clicking that team became a sure fire playoff contender/ super bowl championship squad.

The next step for the Broncos is to address key areas along the defensive line. If we dedicate our first three picks in the 11' draft we are going to see something really special start to develop. We already have a lot of blue chip players that are chomping at the bit. Darcel McBath continues to impress, Elvis is 26, Robert Ayers is prove why we drafted him in the first round, Perish Cox got beat up this week but you can't deny this kids potential. Perish Cox has the size and the speed to be a really good corner in the league. All it is going to take for Perish to break out is experience, and he's surrounded by Hall of Fame players to ease that process along. I would love for the Broncos to go out and pick up a corner similar to Sean Smith of the Dolphins (6'3" 214) who can run with big physical receivers. Address the front 7 with our first three picks (1,2,2) and use our third (we still have a third right?) to go after a freakishly big DB with good hips. If we do that we can eventually move Champ to FS, Darcel will take over for Dawkins, Cox will move into the starting Corner position, and Squid will be our nickle.

I have a feeling our offense is set with a stable of young skill position players, and a young offensive line. What's great about that is you can see that they are starting to really click out there. After this season I think we are looking at a top ten offense. Next season we will probably see an even more effective offense, and our defense will be on the verge of equal dominance. So yea were going to be mediocre this year, but next year I think we will be primed for a significant playoff push.
If they have Garcon and Garcia we get beat worse.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #25
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
If they have Garcon and Garcia we get beat worse.
I disagree. First of all Garcon has looked like crap this year, second Nate Jones played really well in this game and would have matched up pretty well with Garcon. Bringing Garcia into the equation is comical because the guy has Bob Sanders syndrom squared. If Bob Sanders is in this game we might lose, but he is going to be an after thought in a year or two any way. Bob Sanders makes Mike Brown look like Brett Favre.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote