The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Mcdaniels cost us this game...along with some other thoughts

1. Our running backs dance too much. I see why Pats fans hated Moroney. Physically, he is a beast. But what good is a running back who cant make a decision? One cut, then beast it. If he doesn't know by now, he never will know. Watch LT run, he see a hole and busts it. Maroney had three or four holes today that he blew because he danced. Just terrible.

2. I'm a huge Mcdaniels supporter, but he blew two second round picks last year in Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn. Quinn wasn't even active today. Alphonso Smith I can understand because he was rated as a 2nd round pick. But Quinn? Come on. Just terrible.

3. Why does our running game suck so bad? I have no answer. We got bigger, but we are literally averaging 2 yards per carry. That's like, the worst average ever. What can you say?

4. Mcdaniels cost us this game. Hurts me to say it, but he blew it with his play calling in the red zone. Blew it.

5. Klye Orton is damn good Quarterback. Enough said.

6. Perrish Cox had four passes defended this game. Pretty amazing, but he definitely not ready for prime time. Great nickle back until he is ready.

7. Bill Polian is amazing. His defense has four guys who make money (Mathis, Freeney, Brackett, and Bethea), everyone else in on the cheap, yet they are always good. And how in the hell are they smallest defense, but still good at run defense? I don't get it. When we were small, every team in the league ran on us. I hate Bill Polian.

8. Our schedule is too brutal for us to have winning record this year. We have been stuck with a 2nd place schedule for almost 10 years in row. You can't win big with that kind of schedule with subpar talent. And lets face it, compared to other nfl teams, our talent is subpar. Its hard for us to be objective, but even San Francisco fans wouldn't trade their roster for ours. We are solid, but talent wise, we just aren't there.

9. Peyton Hillis must be a headcase. So talented, but no coach since his high school days has trusted him to be a featured back. If he is so talented, why did he drop till the 7th round? Something has to be wrong with the kid.

10. Why even select a WR in the 1st round anymore? Ever since the NFL has enforced the "DB can't touch the WR after five yards rule" every Tom, Dick and Harry WR is a beast. Austin Collie and Brandon Lloyd both had 170 yard games. Austin Collie and Brandon freaking Lloyd. Emphasing that rule has completely changed the complexion of the NFL. 4,000 yards passing now is like 3,000 in the 90s. You can't touch these guys. So hard is it to be open? Its a joke.

Last edited by bronco0608; 09-26-2010 at 07:16 PM..
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
BroncoManCanuck
Solid Starter

The Champ Is Here

Players still have to make plays. Get off McDaniels already
BroncoManCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
10. Why even select a WR in the 1st round anymore? Ever since the NFL has enforced the "DB can't touch the WR after five yards rule" every Tom, Dick and Harry WR is a beast. Austin Collie and Brandon Lloyd both had 170 yard games. Austin Collie and Brandon freaking Lloyd. Emphasing that rule has completely changed the complexion of the NFL. 4,000 yards passing now is like 3,000 in the 90s. You can't touch these guys. So hard is it to be open? Its a joke.
Really good point, I think the WR position is overrated. I love DT and hope he develops into a stud but the rules favor offense so much you can find guys to get the job done.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

MCD Sucks in coaching..I am saying since last year.
He doesn't value the running game and there is no concept of TE's catching the ball.
Teams figured out his style and that's the reason we are losing games since bye week.
The only way he will be successful is to hire a offensive coordinator.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
BroncoManCanuck
Solid Starter

The Champ Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
He doesn't value the running game and there is no concept of TE's catching the ball.
Teams figured out his style and that's the reason we are losing games since bye week.
Douche
Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Alphonso Smith wasn't the only 2nd rounder we struck out on in '09. R. Quinn can't make the gameday roster over Gronkowski (Scheffler's backup's backup).
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

It doesn't surprise me that Richard "Medicine Woman" Quinn was inactive.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
Broncos24
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Do you even know what you are talking about?

This has been the closest game we've played against the Manning. Broncos made some mistakes that cost the game it was not McD. You seems like a DP poster to me. Everytime we lost we blame it on McD.

Our defense really hold against Manning and I'm confident moving forward that we have a decent defense compared to what Shanahan fielded.

PLayers need to execute the play and they did not. There's a lot of mistakes. So just Shut the **** Up.
Broncos24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos24 View Post
Do you even know what you are talking about?

This has been the closest game we've played against the Manning. Broncos made some mistakes that cost the game it was not McD. You seems like a DP poster to me. Everytime we lost we blame it on McD.

Our defense really hold against Manning and I'm confident moving forward that we have a decent defense compared to what Shanahan fielded.

PLayers need to execute the play and they did not. There's a lot of mistakes. So just Shut the **** Up.
Today wasn't Manning's best game (by a mile) yet we still weren't as close to winning as we were a few years ago when Mike freakin' Bell was destroying them.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #10
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Today wasn't Manning's best game (by a mile) yet we still weren't as close to winning as we were a few years ago when Mike freakin' Bell was destroying them.
yeah I think that was the year we went 13-3 though and it turned out to be an outlier when we faced them

our defense never played the Colts tough like they did today

we should have won that game, not sure if I can say that about the other times we have played them
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

back to what actually happened today...mcdaniels did get sorta stubborn on goal line, a play action boot to buck woulda been a TD i think, but he wnated maroney to run it in. maroney should not have gotten near that many carries, what is andre brown on the roster for? on the 4th and 3, orton blew it. got a great matchup and rushed the pass.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Alphonso Smith wasn't the only 2nd rounder we struck out on in '09. R. Quinn can't make the gameday roster over Gronkowski (Scheffler's backup's backup).
Not to absolve the Broncos from ****ty picks, but if you look at the entire 2nd round from that year there were quite a few misses league wide.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
1. Our running backs dance too much.
Because we are not opening holes anymore, because we are not doing ZBS any more.

This system is designed to make Wide Receivers look like the second coming of Jerry Rice. Not for RBs.

Quote:
But Quinn? Come on. Just terrible.
I'm inclined to chalk this up to system. We run wide receiver spreads, which means we need blocking TEs, not rushing ones. Daniel Graham has horrible hands comparatively, and Quinn's no better. McDaniels couldn't even get the ball to Sheffler, who just managed seventy yards and TD with the freaken Lions.

Quote:
3. Why does our running game suck so bad? I have no answer.
Because Josh was unable to keep the best RB coach in the league around. Bobby Turner is gone, and any semblance of a run game with him. Coaches and players matter. Keeping them here and happy is important.

Quote:
5. Klye Orton is damn good Quarterback. Enough said.
Sorry, I put him in the same category as Mike Bell and Tatum Bell. Decent player made much better by the system around him.

Quote:
6. Perrish Cox had four passes defended this game. Pretty amazing, but he definitely not ready for prime time. Great nickle back until he is ready.
He may not get to wait.
Quote:
8. Our schedule is too brutal for us to have winning record this year.
You mean our team is too suck to win against the teams we have to play this year.

Quote:
9. Peyton Hillis must be a headcase. So talented, but no coach since his high school days has trusted him to be a featured back.
What's with this revisonism crap I see everywhere. In college he was a FB, and a damn good one - blocking for McFadden and Felix Jones. He was a FB until he was forced to be a RB/WR. Once he had the opportunity here, he lit it up. Had Shanny stayed here, he would have been a huge component of the offense.

McDaniels didn't use him, and traded him. Now he is lighting it up on his first real try in Cleveland.

Quote:
It's part of the reason McDaniels is going to a WR friendly system. In this case, I see far more upside to number ones like DT.

Last edited by lostknight; 09-26-2010 at 08:06 PM..
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

love how guys spin everything to make mcdaniels and orton look awful. cant dispute how good orton played overall today, minus the pick and 4th and 3 pass.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #15
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So, the No. 2 reason Denver lost today was Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn?

Someone doesn't know what they're talking about.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #16
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
minus the pick and 4th and 3 pass.

Riiiiiiiight. Minus the things that made us loose the game, Orton did well today.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

dude, we have an easy ass schedule this year.... The last 7-8 games should all be wins. That means if we can win 2-3 games before we hit week 8 we are pretty golden.

Did you actually look at the schedule.....?
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #18
BroncoManCanuck
Solid Starter

The Champ Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouribronc View Post
so, the no. 2 reason denver lost today was alphonso smith and richard quinn?

Someone doesn't know what they're talking about.
rofl
Old 09-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Really good point, I think the WR position is overrated. I love DT and hope he develops into a stud but the rules favor offense so much you can find guys to get the job done.
Ask Brett Farve how important a wide receiver is. Mc is doing fine, his vision wasn't shanahans so it will take a while to put together the personnel he needs.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran

We could have won this game! It was close. Closer than the score reflects. We are still not a great team, but we are definitely better. I really think we are getting better than we were under Shanahan (his last 4 years or so).

Also, I'm very encouraged by our 2010 guys. Let's face it, the 2009 draft is a wash -- we didn't have the scouts up to speed due to the regime change. The only real thing McD/Xanders should be faulted for is not trading as many of those 2009 picks for future picks so we would have had a chance for all the scouts, HC, front office to firmly get on the same page. Hindsight, etc.

Anyway, the sky isn't falling. The future looks bright. We need some D-line help and a massive short yardage back. I do prefer the zone blocking running scheme, but hopefully McD will get his power running game up to speed SOON.
doonwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #21
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Execution was the problem, not the gameplan. The gameplan was the only reason that the the game was remotely close. The approach to the Colts was better than it's ever been in the recent (and seemingly not so recent) past.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #22
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Execution was the problem, not the gameplan. The gameplan was the only reason that the the game was remotely close. The approach to the Colts was better than it's ever been in the recent (and seemingly not so recent) past.
Agree. The game-plan was fantastic.

You have to punch the ****ing ball in from the 1, though. McDaniels can't come out on the field and show these guys who to block in the middle of a play.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #23
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
dude, we have an easy ass schedule this year.... The last 7-8 games should all be wins. That means if we can win 2-3 games before we hit week 8 we are pretty golden.

Did you actually look at the schedule.....?
A Kansas City team that I would be hard pressed to say we are better than
A Charger team that has loads more talent than us
A Houston team that kicked the crap out of the team we just lost to by 14 points

I find it ridiculous you say the last 7-8 games are all wins. We aren't going to sweep the Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders, we will have a difficult time handling Houston and Arizona. You see 7-8 wins, I see 4 losses there.
People need to get it out of their heads that this is a good team. It's a mediocre team, an average team and will have trouble winning games against other mediocre teams/good teams.
We have a really rough season ahead of us I feel this year. I honestly feel it will take a long time for the running game to become any sort of threat, the offense will struggle to score points and the defense will get worn out.
I think if we come out of this season 8-8, it will be a victory at this point.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #24
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Just a quick question. Why are we running side-ways against the smaller defense when we have a "bigger" line?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #25
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It seemed to me that McDaniels had a great game plan for this game. It sure as hell seemed to surprise the Colts. The miscues and some questionable 4th down decisions/execution seemed to be the difference between winning and losing.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote