The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default Tebow?

So ever since the dude was drafted I read all these fluff pieces and heard about how dangerous he was going to be in the redzone and on short yardage. The whole thing about his run/pass option and how he destroyed teams with his jump pass in college etc...

Should we expect to see the guy at all this year?

Thoughts?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Ive already mentioned it in another thread and last week but putting Tebow in on this goal line stances or 3rd and two in some cases would spread the defense out as they wouldnt know if he is handing it off, running it himself or passing it. We know Orton isnt running it and I am sure Tebow is capable of handing a ball off to a running back.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,345
Default

Not sure?

Giving the defense something else to think about would've been nice because they know the Broncos can't run normal running plays.

You give up 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks for a guy, you better do something with him!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,983

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I think they clearly need Tebow in short yardage siince o-line just can't get it done in the running game.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Ive already mentioned it in another thread and last week but putting Tebow in on this goal line stances or 3rd and two in some cases would spread the defense out as they wouldnt know if he is handing it off, running it himself or passing it. We know Orton isnt running it and I am sure Tebow is capable of handing a ball off to a running back.
I knew there had to be some sort of discussion about him somewhere, I hesitated starting a thread about him but figured it warranted discussion as he was a 1st round pick and we struggled mightly today on shortyardage and inside the redzone.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

If we didn't use him today, I don't see why we'd expect to use him at all this season. That's not a criticism, by the way. As far as I'm concerned, Tebow is the franchise right now giving hope for the future. I'd rather see him brought along like Aaron Rodgers than thrown in like Cutler.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I think they clearly need Tebow in short yardage siince o-line just can't get it done in the running game.
What I don't get is that at one point Simms said that mCd puts in different plays every week (which I thought all teams did anyway) but I can't figure out why they can't design something that plays to Tebows strengths without killing the flow of the offense.

When you have 2nd, 3rd, 4th and goal from inside the 5 why not have a play that stretches the D out and gives him an option for a quick slant or run option.

If he is struggling with the O and they don't trust him fine, maybe with this staff we won't know what is going on now until a couple years from now if ever. I am cool with mCd not showing his cards but we were fed a lot of crap about why they made this pick and how he was going to be able to come in this year and make an impact and so far he hasn't.

I want to get in on the Tebow lovefest but it is hard when I would have rather seen them draft a DL and Tebow can't seem to get on the field.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,983

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
What I don't get is that at one point Simms said that mCd puts in different plays every week (which I thought all teams did anyway) but I can't figure out why they can't design something that plays to Tebows strengths without killing the flow of the offense.

When you have 2nd, 3rd, 4th and goal from inside the 5 why not have a play that stretches the D out and gives him an option for a quick slant or run option.

If he is struggling with the O and they don't trust him fine, maybe with this staff we won't know what is going on now until a couple years from now if ever. I am cool with mCd not showing his cards but we were fed a lot of crap about why they made this pick and how he was going to be able to come in this year and make an impact and so far he hasn't.

I want to get in on the Tebow lovefest but it is hard when I would have rather seen them draft a DL and Tebow can't seem to get on the field.
Agreed, if they can't move the pile, then stretch it out and make defenses have to figure out if a run or pass is coming. You know Orton won't run much so seems like they need another option here.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Not sure about anyone else, but on that 4th and Goal play from the 1 I would've like to see Tebow. Just sayin...
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
If we didn't use him today, I don't see why we'd expect to use him at all this season. That's not a criticism, by the way. As far as I'm concerned, Tebow is the franchise right now giving hope for the future. I'd rather see him brought along like Aaron Rodgers than thrown in like Cutler.
I am not expecting him to be brought in for a series, I just remember reading about how excited mCd was after the draft to have his talent on the roster and to be able to use him in so many different ways on short yardage and near the goal line and...well they aren't using him at all.

With the way Orton is playing we don't need a new QB, but Tebow is supposed to be able to do things with his speed and size in short yardage and at the goalline and well...they aren't using him.

Let Orton play but use Tebow where he can make an impact, at least until we get a run game that can pick up 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Not sure about anyone else, but on that 4th and Goal play from the 1 I would've like to see Tebow. Just sayin...
I am not a Tebow fan but just something different, we are not at the point where we can just line up and kick ass straight up in the run game. Use some deception.

mCd is very creative in the passing game. I like how they slide the Oline like it is a stretch run to the right then come back to the leftside in a pass. Kind of like the way Shanny used plummer on the misdirection boots but different.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I knew there had to be some sort of discussion about him somewhere, I hesitated starting a thread about him but figured it warranted discussion as he was a 1st round pick and we struggled mightly today on shortyardage and inside the redzone.
I was gonna let someone else start a thread as I just popped it in there on a non tebow thread. This will get play, trust me.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I am not a Tebow fan but just something different, we are not at the point where we can just line up and kick ass straight up in the run game. Use some deception.

mCd is very creative in the passing game. I like how they slide the Oline like it is a stretch run to the right then come back to the leftside in a pass. Kind of like the way Shanny used plummer on the misdirection boots but different.
I think they go to the well on that play too much. One of these days someone is going to stay home on the off side and have themselves an easy pick 6. I'm also not a big fan of that play because of how long it takes to get the ball to the receiver who is often at a standstill when the catch is made.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Not sure about anyone else, but on that 4th and Goal play from the 1 I would've like to see Tebow. Just sayin...
Yup.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

We saw Tebow in the opener but haven't seen him since. I think that probably tells you they've rethought things since. Also, if they consider the chance of keeping Orton if he continues to succeed, they probably don't want him looking over his shoulder at the guy stealing his glory. Remember, McNabb got upset when Vick would come in and it surely wasn't just about the tempo of the game as he claimed.

Makes me wonder if they would've went Tebow if they'd known how well Orton was going to play this year.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,141

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Tebow would have scored from the 8 much less the 1 or 2 yard line.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
We saw Tebow in the opener but haven't seen him since. I think that probably tells you they've rethought things since. Also, if they consider the chance of keeping Orton if he continues to succeed, they probably don't want him looking over his shoulder at the guy stealing his glory. Remember, McNabb got upset when Vick would come in and it surely wasn't just about the tempo of the game as he claimed.

Makes me wonder if they would've went Tebow if they'd known how well Orton was going to play this year.
I am not talking about Tebow in the passing game, I am talking about his "Te-Cat" wildcat potential.

Hell even Shanny used Cutler in the option inside the 10 a couple times. Just give the D something to think about until we can line up and control the LOS in the run game.

Orton is playing very well and deserves to keep his job but there is no reason from a fans perspective that Tebow can't come in on a shortyardage running play to pick up a 1st down or a TD.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I was gonna let someone else start a thread as I just popped it in there on a non tebow thread. This will get play, trust me.
I didn't want to have to start it either but figured there had to be some frustration in the shortyardage/redzone conversion.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #19
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Maybe McDaniels just wants Tebow to focus primarily on being a quarterback and not a short-yardage specialist.

But then again, he is probably their best option in short yardage.

I don't see how a few plays in that package will curtail his development.

This team has no short yardage game, why not just use him and see what happens.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50 View Post
Maybe McDaniels just wants Tebow to focus primarily on being a quarterback and not a short-yardage specialist.

But then again, he is probably their best option in short yardage.

I don't see how a few plays in that package will curtail his development.

This team has no short yardage game, why not just use him and see what happens.
Exactly
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #21
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I didn't want to have to start it either but figured there had to be some frustration in the shortyardage/redzone conversion.
BS Steven. You started it so don't hedge the bet. They stated strait up that Quinn had a very good week in practice and did not feel this was a good week for Tebow to play. This was not South Carolina, Georgia, or Sister Mary and the children of the poor we played against this week. I expect this kind of bs, just not from you, bro'. REBUILDING get used to it, you are old enough to remember the ugly days. Get over it. Pouring gas on the fire then backing up saying..."oh, just thought we needed to see what would happen". Weak ass **** Steven, and frankly expect more from you.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #22
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So ever since the dude was drafted I read all these fluff pieces and heard about how dangerous he was going to be in the redzone and on short yardage. The whole thing about his run/pass option and how he destroyed teams with his jump pass in college etc...

Should we expect to see the guy at all this year?

Thoughts?
Stupidness....You has it.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #23
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Was Brown active today? I was wondering why we didn't use him in short yardage, that is sorta' his thing.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #24
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
BS Steven. You started it so don't hedge the bet. They stated strait up that Quinn had a very good week in practice and did not feel this was a good week for Tebow to play. This was not South Carolina, Georgia, or Sister Mary and the children of the poor we played against this week. I expect this kind of bs, just not from you, bro'. REBUILDING get used to it, you are old enough to remember the ugly days. Get over it. Pouring gas on the fire then backing up saying..."oh, just thought we needed to see what would happen". Weak ass **** Steven, and frankly expect more from you.
Huh?

Is this for real? I just asked if we should expect to see Tebow the rest of the year utilized like they did in week 1. Not hating just confused. I didn't see the piece you mentioned about Quinn, a link would be great, I didn't realize Quinn was #2.

Was Tebow inactive or the #3 QB because that would easily explain why he wasn't available to come in on any special short yardage/goalline plays.

Honest I wasn't hating as much as I was confused. I have said repeatedly that I would have rather seen them pick a DL over Tebow (or Knowgain for that matter) but since he is on the team why wasn't he used. Inactive would have explained it. Not sure why you felt the need to neg rep.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #25
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Huh?

Is this for real? I just asked if we should expect to see Tebow the rest of the year utilized like they did in week 1. Not hating just confused. I didn't see the piece you mentioned about Quinn, a link would be great, I didn't realize Quinn was #2.

Was Tebow inactive or the #3 QB because that would easily explain why he wasn't available to come in on any special short yardage/goalline plays.

Honest I wasn't hating as much as I was confused. I have said repeatedly that I would have rather seen them pick a DL over Tebow (or Knowgain for that matter) but since he is on the team why wasn't he used. Inactive would have explained it. Not sure why you felt the need to neg rep.
Yep, it is for real. Tebow was listed as game inactive and the #3 QB today (I'll find the link when I get a chance, upgrading routers as we speak). Don't half step on the launching of this, if you want to criticize the pick, do so. Don't take the soft ass, "I'm confused" approach. Weak, and yeah, I do expect more from you. As for the continued critisism of Knowshon, get over it. The young man will be good, once we get an O-line who has played together long enough to actually run block. Damned dude, I expected more out of you....seriously. We've got a lot to work on, no doubt. But if you choose to go down this route, sorry...but you've lost me. Rome wasn't built in a day. We had MUCH that needed fixing. I like the foundation being laid by this team. If it takes a couple of years, so be it. Probably won't be any NFL next year anyway, so 2012 we will be in a great place. Tebow will make you smile in 2012-2013. Get over it already. Oh, and by the way...neg rep me all you want to, who frankly gives a **** anyway?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Debate: Will Tim Tebow make it? The MVPlaya Orange Mane Central Discussion 154 12-19-2010 10:46 PM
Breaking down the Tebow Drives lostknight Orange Mane Central Discussion 66 12-19-2010 12:15 PM
Tim Tebow Fun Facts Pony Boy Orange Mane Central Discussion 17 04-26-2010 11:32 PM
Len Pasquarelli on Tebow Pseudofool Orange Mane Central Discussion 26 04-23-2010 09:15 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Denver Broncos