The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2005, 10:19 PM   #2376
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7
Can't Let the Pony off pg 1...Pony UP baby

ditto...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:56 AM   #2377
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Npn United Against Sandy Eggo!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:16 AM   #2378
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

this one's for mock!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050915/...RpBHNlYwM3NTc-
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #2379
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Sorry to hear of your father-in-law's passing, Alkazar... and of the other misfortunes you encountered. May this weekend go much more smoothly.

Go Broncos!!!

~17,800~
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:44 PM   #2380
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

up...
Old 09-16-2005, 09:08 AM   #2381
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

bump!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #2382
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

I need to show off my pony pride...oh and bmf...i'm gonna be in bozeman next week to watch the BISON kick the cats.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #2383
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7
I need to show off my pony pride...oh and bmf...i'm gonna be in bozeman next week to watch the BISON kick the cats.
Right on! Let me know when you get down here and we'll get a beer! I am tailgating all morning at the game, so you're more than welcome to join.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:09 AM   #2384
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

Let's kick some ass today.

Go Broncos!!
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #2385
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Hmmmm... the NPN thread was kept pretty much on Page 1 last week... and the Broncos won... Coincidence?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:04 PM   #2386
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Sweet, Sweet Victory!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:19 PM   #2387
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler

"The Beast" From the east

We have to keep this on the front page im feeling to much good karma to let this thread fall to the second page
KillerBronco#76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #2388
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBronco#76
We have to keep this on the front page im feeling to much good karma to let this thread fall to the second page
damn right...
Old 09-19-2005, 07:32 AM   #2389
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

To brighten your day.

Yesterday, Mrs. Dog again attempted to kill the cat. Three years ago, shortly after her Grandfather and best buddy, passed away, my Daughter came across a small, homeless kitty in one of the cages at PetSmart. The cat had been found caught in barb wire and had serious cuts on his neck. After three weeks at a vet and 2 mos in foster care, the cat came to PetSmart, where he’d languished a month. Needless to say, he was pathetically sad. My Daughter had learned to read, and the cat’s tragic story was of course displayed on the cage, along with the phrase, “Likes big dogs.” For years I had told the kid that she could not have a cat because I had trained our now deceased dog to keep our backyard “cat free,” because the neighbors cats killed one of the cardinals. I also had a very large at psychologically unstable - psychopath/sadist - Mancoon live with me for thirteen years. But, with this cat, I was out of excuses.

Mrs. Dog did not want a cat, either. I made Mrs. Dog come look at the cat. Mrs. Dog cried and said we had to “get the cat out of that cage.”

So, the cat came home, and became “Toby.” I bought it a collar and bell, so it would not kill the cardinals. The collar irritated the cat’s scar tissue on his neck, and it became infected. On a Friday, Little Girl Dog and I told Mrs. Dog that Toby needed to go back to the vet, where we’d just dropped forty bucks on him the week previously. Mrs. Dog disagreed and treated the infection with neosporin and hydrogen peroxide. The cat did not respond well. So, we took him back to Dr. Whittington on Monday. Dr. Whittington was not amused, and told Mrs. Dog that neosporin is toxic to cats, and hydrogen peroxide is used as a purgative, and the cat now had a raging staff infection equal to any he’d seen. Eventually, the cat healed.

Yesterday, Mrs. Dog had to work, and frankly was in a snit about it from the moment she awoke. Toby, who had now lived with us for two and half years, likes to hang by sleeping atop our cars in the garage. He prefers hers, because it’s an SUV, and provides a higher perch. (Can you see where this is going?) Toby likes the perch because, that cat does not hunt. He once caught a baby sparrow, but Little Girl Dog told him to let it go, AND HE DID, unharmed. Blue Jays attack HIM. Cat cannot win a fight to save his life.

Anyway, to get into her car, Mrs. Dog has to walk ALL around her car, from the right front bumper, around the rear, and up to the left hand side drivers door. Little Girl Dog and I had just returned from PetSmart and had seen the kitty sleeping atop the SUV. Mrs. Dog leaves for work. Five minutes later the phone rings, and my neighbor says her mother just told her that she’d seen a car ‘like ours driving down Meadowbrook by the Barrington with a cat that looked like Toby on top.” That is about 5 blocks from our house. I quickly call Mrs. Dog’s cell phone. It is turned off. I yell to Little Girl Dog, “Grab shoes, your mother is driving down the road with the cat on the roof!”

So off we go. Down Meadowbrook to Frontage Road North to I-55 too the Ridgeland exit, up Highland Colony, left on Steed Rd, sometimes 90mph, through red lights, all the while looking for Toby’s crumpled body in the road. Get to the office, bang on the door, honk my horn, finally Mrs. Dog comes to the door. “Did you check your roof! Maggie called and said her mother saw a car like your’s with a cat like Toby on the roof.” Mrs. Dog breaks into tears. Little Girl Dog says, “ I hate you, Mother.”

Little Girl Dog and I got back down the road, 90mph, through the red lights. We get our bikes. We peddle down meadowbrook calling “Toby, here kitty.” (Did I mention the cat comes when he’s called, and walks with the dog around the block?) No Toby. We drive and park at every patch of grass along the path from our house to the Interstate. No Toby. Hours have gone by. Hoping against hope, hey, at this point I’m just trying to get the kid through the day, I buy poster board, and we make signs “Lost yellow cat, 366-4648 Reward, “and put them up all over the place.

Coming back at 5pm, Little Girl Dog is crying “I hate the memories, how he’d sleep on my head, and bite my toes in the winter, and he’ll never eat out of Halloween bowl, and how he licked me this morning,” and by now I just want a drink, but cannot cause of the Kid. I see Mrs. Dog chatting with a neighbor, but the cat is sitting, unbeknownst to her, in our front yard. I say, “Little Girl Dog, look, it’s Toby.” Little Girl Dog says, “stop! Let me out of this God damned car,” and goes running to her cat.

The cat has a fractured pelvis, and many scrapes, but probably will be ok in 3-6 mos. Last night’s emergency vet bill was $410. He is currently in “Intensive Care” at N. State Vets, and will be there for “several days.” The options are to confine him and use lots of pain meds and anti-inflamatories, or take him to State for a plate and screws. The vet says that’s $3,500 or just hope for nature to do it’s work, and even that will be well into four figures. Guess what Mrs. Dog is getting for Christmas.

And yes, I missed ALL the games.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #2390
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

This needs to be bump up. New folks introduce your self. and welcome aboard
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:36 PM   #2391
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Go Broncos!

Chiefs suck!

Last edited by Crushaholic; 07-31-2006 at 02:33 PM..
Old 09-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #2392
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Bumpin this back to page one after the team finally shows what it's capable of!

GO BRONCOS!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:46 AM   #2393
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

bump...KILL THE REDCOATS!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:26 AM   #2394
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Hi, I'm bendog and I'm married to the Cat Crippler.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #2395
broncoblue
english not british!!

broncoblue...used to mARRIED to the ball breaker
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:06 AM   #2396
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

another bump...
Old 09-21-2005, 08:29 AM   #2397
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

It's Chief's week, Time for a big BUMP!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:31 AM   #2398
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

UP with the NPN!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #2399
SHANARAT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog
To brighten your day.

Yesterday, Mrs. Dog again attempted to kill the cat. Three years ago, shortly after her Grandfather and best buddy, passed away, my Daughter came across a small, homeless kitty in one of the cages at PetSmart. The cat had been found caught in barb wire and had serious cuts on his neck. After three weeks at a vet and 2 mos in foster care, the cat came to PetSmart, where he’d languished a month. Needless to say, he was pathetically sad. My Daughter had learned to read, and the cat’s tragic story was of course displayed on the cage, along with the phrase, “Likes big dogs.” For years I had told the kid that she could not have a cat because I had trained our now deceased dog to keep our backyard “cat free,” because the neighbors cats killed one of the cardinals. I also had a very large at psychologically unstable - psychopath/sadist - Mancoon live with me for thirteen years. But, with this cat, I was out of excuses.

Mrs. Dog did not want a cat, either. I made Mrs. Dog come look at the cat. Mrs. Dog cried and said we had to “get the cat out of that cage.”

So, the cat came home, and became “Toby.” I bought it a collar and bell, so it would not kill the cardinals. The collar irritated the cat’s scar tissue on his neck, and it became infected. On a Friday, Little Girl Dog and I told Mrs. Dog that Toby needed to go back to the vet, where we’d just dropped forty bucks on him the week previously. Mrs. Dog disagreed and treated the infection with neosporin and hydrogen peroxide. The cat did not respond well. So, we took him back to Dr. Whittington on Monday. Dr. Whittington was not amused, and told Mrs. Dog that neosporin is toxic to cats, and hydrogen peroxide is used as a purgative, and the cat now had a raging staff infection equal to any he’d seen. Eventually, the cat healed.

Yesterday, Mrs. Dog had to work, and frankly was in a snit about it from the moment she awoke. Toby, who had now lived with us for two and half years, likes to hang by sleeping atop our cars in the garage. He prefers hers, because it’s an SUV, and provides a higher perch. (Can you see where this is going?) Toby likes the perch because, that cat does not hunt. He once caught a baby sparrow, but Little Girl Dog told him to let it go, AND HE DID, unharmed. Blue Jays attack HIM. Cat cannot win a fight to save his life.

Anyway, to get into her car, Mrs. Dog has to walk ALL around her car, from the right front bumper, around the rear, and up to the left hand side drivers door. Little Girl Dog and I had just returned from PetSmart and had seen the kitty sleeping atop the SUV. Mrs. Dog leaves for work. Five minutes later the phone rings, and my neighbor says her mother just told her that she’d seen a car ‘like ours driving down Meadowbrook by the Barrington with a cat that looked like Toby on top.” That is about 5 blocks from our house. I quickly call Mrs. Dog’s cell phone. It is turned off. I yell to Little Girl Dog, “Grab shoes, your mother is driving down the road with the cat on the roof!”

So off we go. Down Meadowbrook to Frontage Road North to I-55 too the Ridgeland exit, up Highland Colony, left on Steed Rd, sometimes 90mph, through red lights, all the while looking for Toby’s crumpled body in the road. Get to the office, bang on the door, honk my horn, finally Mrs. Dog comes to the door. “Did you check your roof! Maggie called and said her mother saw a car like your’s with a cat like Toby on the roof.” Mrs. Dog breaks into tears. Little Girl Dog says, “ I hate you, Mother.”

Little Girl Dog and I got back down the road, 90mph, through the red lights. We get our bikes. We peddle down meadowbrook calling “Toby, here kitty.” (Did I mention the cat comes when he’s called, and walks with the dog around the block?) No Toby. We drive and park at every patch of grass along the path from our house to the Interstate. No Toby. Hours have gone by. Hoping against hope, hey, at this point I’m just trying to get the kid through the day, I buy poster board, and we make signs “Lost yellow cat, 366-4648 Reward, “and put them up all over the place.

Coming back at 5pm, Little Girl Dog is crying “I hate the memories, how he’d sleep on my head, and bite my toes in the winter, and he’ll never eat out of Halloween bowl, and how he licked me this morning,” and by now I just want a drink, but cannot cause of the Kid. I see Mrs. Dog chatting with a neighbor, but the cat is sitting, unbeknownst to her, in our front yard. I say, “Little Girl Dog, look, it’s Toby.” Little Girl Dog says, “stop! Let me out of this God damned car,” and goes running to her cat.

The cat has a fractured pelvis, and many scrapes, but probably will be ok in 3-6 mos. Last night’s emergency vet bill was $410. He is currently in “Intensive Care” at N. State Vets, and will be there for “several days.” The options are to confine him and use lots of pain meds and anti-inflamatories, or take him to State for a plate and screws. The vet says that’s $3,500 or just hope for nature to do it’s work, and even that will be well into four figures. Guess what Mrs. Dog is getting for Christmas.

And yes, I missed ALL the games.

If my little girl used that kind of language her medical bill would be higher than the Cat's was!
SHANARAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #2400
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic
Go Broncos!

Chiefs suck!
I second that!

Bump!!!!!!!