The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #2301
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,794
Default

rescued from page 6!
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:03 PM   #2302
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

I posted this on the fishing thread on SSJ's board

2 hours, 53 minutes ago



BERLIN (Reuters) - A fish caught in an east German lake near the Polish border not only got off the hook but also lured a 46-year-old fisherman to his death, police in the eastern town of Eisenhuettenstadt said Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

A police spokeswoman said the fish pulled the fishing rod out of the man's hands and dragged it about 100 metres away from shore at the Kleinen Pohlitzer lake near Eisenhuettenstadt. The man took off his clothes and swam after the pole.

An eyewitness said the man reached the rod floating on the surface but then suddenly stopped moving. The witness, 54, swam out to help him and pulled the fisherman back to shore, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.

"I know it sounds like an incredible story but it really happened," an Eisenhuettenstadt police spokeswoman said. "It was apparently just an ordinary fish."
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:28 PM   #2303
Alkazar
NPN Mascott
 
Alkazar's Avatar
 
Bronco's Thunder

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog
I posted this on the fishing thread on SSJ's board

2 hours, 53 minutes ago



BERLIN (Reuters) - A fish caught in an east German lake near the Polish border not only got off the hook but also lured a 46-year-old fisherman to his death, police in the eastern town of Eisenhuettenstadt said Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

A police spokeswoman said the fish pulled the fishing rod out of the man's hands and dragged it about 100 metres away from shore at the Kleinen Pohlitzer lake near Eisenhuettenstadt. The man took off his clothes and swam after the pole.

An eyewitness said the man reached the rod floating on the surface but then suddenly stopped moving. The witness, 54, swam out to help him and pulled the fisherman back to shore, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.

"I know it sounds like an incredible story but it really happened," an Eisenhuettenstadt police spokeswoman said. "It was apparently just an ordinary fish."
This is the part that doesn't make sense to me, why would he just stop moving? Was the water freezing cold?
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:06 PM   #2304
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,794
Default

Go Broncos!
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #2305
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic
Go Broncos!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:32 PM   #2306
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso
 
Rocket 7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 4,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70
Default

Beat the 49er's
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:32 AM   #2307
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,794
Default

It's only preseason, but 2-0 STILL sounds great...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:25 PM   #2308
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,288

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

Found this on the 4th page!

BUMP!!!

JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #2309
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,846
Default

Check this link out. It has all the old school logos. Pretty cool. It also has a history summary of the team for you you younger Broncos fans.

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?l_id=7&t_id=161


These would make some great avatars also. (except Romo/Griese boy)

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...oncospics.html



GO BRONCOS!

Last edited by Meck77; 08-24-2005 at 10:56 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #2310
Falconer
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Falconer's Avatar
 
This day is for you

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77
Check this link out. It has all the old school logos. Pretty cool. It also has a history summary of the team for you you younger Broncos fans.

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?l_id=7&t_id=161


These would make some great avatars also. (except Romo/Griese boy)

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...oncospics.html



GO BRONCOS!
Hey Meck,
Do you know where I could find the white bucking broncos all by itself?
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #2311
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,846
Default

I betcha spider could fix this up for you but it isn't bad as it is either!

I'm thinking a little blue or orange in the background would be sweet.
Attached Images
 
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:22 AM   #2312
Mr. Info
Just Drafted
 
Mr. Info's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 20
Default

Did you know...this is the longest running thread in the history of the Orangemane.
Mr. Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:23 AM   #2313
Falconer
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Falconer's Avatar
 
This day is for you

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77
I betcha spider could fix this up for you but it isn't bad as it is either!

I'm thinking a little blue or orange in the background would be sweet.
I do like that, but I was thinking of the Logo. lol I really like that logo, but I have a hard time finding it on things I really like. Thanks for the statue though!
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #2314
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Info
Did you know...this is the longest running thread in the history of the Orangemane.
wrong...the "Last one to post on this thread wins" thread is over 180 pages...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #2315
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,794
Default

bump...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:56 PM   #2316
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,794
Default

"Beat the Colts" bump...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:59 PM   #2317
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

I knew I would find this here!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #2318
Perry1977
Shutdown Corner
 
Perry1977's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 283
Default

Rock on!! Go Broncos!!
Perry1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:46 PM   #2319
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco LB 59's Avatar
 
Keep your head up dog

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Leucadia CA
Posts: 6,044
Default

Page 93 is officially dedicated to this future Ring of Famer:

Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #2320
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco LB 59's Avatar
 
Keep your head up dog

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Leucadia CA
Posts: 6,044
Default

Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #2321
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

...and with my 15,000 post...
GO BRONCOS!!!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #2322
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,889

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic
wrong...the "Last one to post on this thread wins" thread is over 180 pages...
True... although an NPN thread has been present in all versions of the Orangemane... and who knows how many pages of posts were lost in the process of various board upgrades over the years. At one point, "Girl Talk" was the biggest thread on the board, believe it or not.

Congratulations on Post #15,000, Sass!
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:37 AM   #2323
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
...and with my 15,000 post...
GO BRONCOS!!!
very nice...you're about 10,000 ahead of me...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #2324
broncoblue
english not british!!
 
broncoblue's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: nr blackburn ,england
Posts: 3,729
Default

well after the night i had last night i think we need this bumping off pg3
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #2325
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso
 
Rocket 7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 4,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70
Default

Go Broncos
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Denver Broncos