The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2002, 12:42 PM   #176
clarkster
Ring of Famer

Re: Neck Pony Nation!!!

ah, yeah i once saw a guy catch the feverus, he now wears a barrel to the game.
clarkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 05:18 PM   #177
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm constantly running a temperature...  
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 09:04 PM   #178
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I drank beer this weekend
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 10:03 PM   #179
LLB
Seasoned Veteran

I burned some brush piles.  Amazingly, a beer magically appeared in my hand.  Something about bon fires makes me thirsty. 8)
LLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 11:03 PM   #180
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Well, beer is magical...i know the old horse on the rolling rock bottle sprung to life, almost made me think i had a neck poney siting here in PA
Old 04-29-2002, 12:12 AM   #181
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Hey all,

Whether you agree with some stories i just posted in the "War, Politics, Religion" thread - i'd like who ever has time to go and read them as food for thought.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:56 PM   #182
clarkster
Ring of Famer

ah, beer, broncos, bacon and bratwurst. the answer to all lifes problems.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:59 AM   #183
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

time for this neck pony to head out
Old 04-30-2002, 10:59 AM   #184
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler

Considering the ages of the folks the Raiders have been signing I'm surprised the Al Davis hasn't thought about strapping on a helmut himself.  
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 07:27 PM   #185
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=0#10 date=02/26/02 at 17:48:50]

The term actually originated over on the DPO board (a lot of our posters came over from that board). It was originally coined as an insult by a Raider fan who called himself "Black Hole"... but the Bronco fans adopted the name. There's a mega-Neck Pony thread  with thousands of posts on that board... and the tradition continues here...

Hope that helps! [/quote]

Blue, it's like you are passing on the oral tradition of the Loyal Order of theNPN!  
Old 05-01-2002, 10:44 AM   #186
clarkster
Ring of Famer

ah the original NPN reunite thread. i spent many an hour there posting senseless stuff just to get it past 20k
Old 05-01-2002, 10:56 AM   #187
clarkster
Ring of Famer

wow, its up to 40k. not bad. dropped in to say hi and realized that board sucks.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:15 AM   #188
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I read somewhere that they've got some strict post length restrictions over there now.  I pop in now and again, but lost interest in conversing over there.  Not that there aren't some good people over there...  But just like a lawn with weeds in it...  You notice the weeds more than the grass, even if there is more grass...

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 11:21 AM   #189
clarkster
Ring of Famer

everytime i tried to do anything, it asked me for my password. **** that ive got better things to do than reenter my password.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:06 PM   #190
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=amesj523 link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=180#184 date=04/30/02 at 19:27:25]

Blue, it's like you are passing on the oral tradition of the Loyal Order of theNPN!  
[/quote]

We can't let the tradition of the NPN get forgotten!

I still stop by the DPO board from time to time, too.... but it's rather dead over there in the offseason... the discussion isn't even close to as lively as it is here. And then, there are the trolls... it really makes a person appreciate TJ and Garcia's 'troll control' methods.
Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 05:21 PM   #191
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Heh heh, Troll Con-troll....I love it.....

Oh well, good night all....
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 10:40 AM   #192
beerman
Ring of Famer

Master of the Juice Box

I like the trolls from time to time
beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 10:43 AM   #193
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Yeah, they provide some entertainment from time to time as a whole, but individually, they get tiresome fairly rapidly.
Old 05-03-2002, 04:55 PM   #194
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

The past couple of weeks have been extremely trying for me. First I lost my favorite grandfather, and now my job. One of the few solaces I have found have been the people on this board. Regardless of team affiliation or opinions, everyone here is consistantly willing to be there for anyone who needs a little support. What I have seen here is, in most cases, more than I have received from some of my off-board friends during these trying times. I hope this tight-knit little community we have formed here will continue to grow but not loose the comraderie we have found. I would like to thank TJ and Garcia for opening up and maintaining this board in top form, BlueFlame, Watermock, NDGal, Errand, RR, Eyepatch, Jens, and all the rest of you for providing me a lot of fun and interesting debates. As I stated on another thread, I will be MIA for a while starting 5/17/02. I plan to make this absence as short as possible, but I felt I should pass along my thanks to everyone before I leave.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:47 PM   #195
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Things come in 3's so watch your back.  :!!!:
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 07:02 PM   #196
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=Alkazar link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=180#193 date=05/03/02 at 16:55:50]The past couple of weeks have been extremely trying for me. First I lost my favorite grandfather, and now my job. One of the few solaces I have found have been the people on this board. Regardless of team affiliation or opinions, everyone here is consistantly willing to be there for anyone who needs a little support. What I have seen here is, in most cases, more than I have received from some of my off-board friends during these trying times. I hope this tight-knit little community we have formed here will continue to grow but not loose the comraderie we have found. I would like to thank TJ and Garcia for opening up and maintaining this board in top form, BlueFlame, Watermock, NDGal, Errand, RR, Eyepatch, Jens, and all the rest of you for providing me a lot of fun and interesting debates. As I stated on another thread, I will be MIA for a while starting 5/17/02. I plan to make this absence as short as possible, but I felt I should pass along my thanks to everyone before I leave.[/quote]

You've been a very valuable asset to the NPN community too, Alkazar... and your contributions to the conversations are going to be sorely missed.

Is there any way you could log on occasionally just to check in... say on a friend's or relative's computer? Some public libraries make computers available to their patrons for internet access... perhaps that would be a possibility....

Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 11:13 PM   #197
Bob
Ring of Famer

Hang in there Alkazar!!!  Hope that you find your dream job -- like Errand has.

On a different line of thought:

[quote author=DenFan38 link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=45#48 date=03/11/02 at 14:54:15]Just drafted and rookie seemed so easy to accomplish, every 50 posts for a promotion. Now looking at the road ahead to be a pro bowler seems a lot longer(400 posts seperate rookie and pro bowler) [/quote]

Hey Taco, one thing that might not be bad is changing the star system to include some mile posts like something at 250, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000  - just a thought to add some fun.  I don't know what that reward could be.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 11:20 PM   #198
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Schef's Specialty
This week's restaurant review: bang!

SCHEF's SPECIALTIES
With each installment of his Broncos Mailbag, Denver Post sports writer Adam Schefter shifts from football to food. To visit his archive of restaurant reviews, click here. (OH, JUST WHAT WE WANT TO REVIW!) >

Nestled just northwest of downtown Denver is a restaurant that does a bang-up job.

bang!

What a great place. What great values. And what great food.

It won't take reservations, but ...

There aren't too many places around town, or in any state, to get grilled salmon with jasmine rice, wasabi cream and marinated veggies for $14. Or pan-fried catfish with coleslaw, hush puppies and jalapeno tartar sauce for $13. Or spicy peppered shrimp with pineapple habanero salsa and jasmine rice for $13. Or the best burger - imaginatively and scrumptiously, on a bun sweetened with brown sugar - I have tasted in Denver for $8.

Sides of sautéed spinach for $3 and toasted sweet potato bread also for $3 are equally good deals. And the fruit cobbler with bourbon sauce for $5 is the recommended dessert, though the gingerbread with whipped cream - also for $5 - was delish.

Not only is bang!'s menu lively, but so is its decor. Tables are painted solid navy blue. Walls are painted solid aqua, with tasteful yellow trim around windows.

It is a feast for the eyes and a feast for the belly.

bang!
3472 W. 32nd Ave.
Denver, Colo. 80211
303-455-1117
Price ($-$$$$): $$

Rating (one to 10):

Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 11:22 PM   #199
Bob
Ring of Famer

And to throw in two more cents on the posting star stuff.  250 could be first time pro-bowler.  The 2000 mark, could be ring of famer... "insert name of a certain Bronco ring of famer" every 1000 could be a different ring of famer based on your perception of talent -- 6000 could be Elway.  I know you have better things to do, but just thinking creatively tonight -- or am I just slap happy.

Your call, the board is great as is.

Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 12:13 PM   #200
NYBroncoManiac
Ring of Famer

Now, here's a sight for sore eyes:

NYBroncoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote