The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2004, 02:01 PM   #1651
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist
May I humbly inquire as to the title of this tread? What does "Neck Pony Nation" mean, anyway?
The name started on the old DPO board... originally started as an insult by a Fadefan (kind of a combination of "redneck" and "pony fan"), the term was embraced with pride by Broncos fans, resulting in a mega-thread of epic proportions on that board. Since a lot of OM'ers came here from the DPO, the tradition continues here and mojo demands that the Neck Pony thread be kept bumped onto Page 1.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:02 PM   #1652
jet19
Ring of Famer

lucky horse

Quote:
May I humbly inquire as to the title of this tread? What does "Neck Pony Nation" mean, anyway?
ill explain it as it was explained to me.
the neck pony is the bronco logo. i guess that an opposing fan used to use the term on denver post online's forum and broncos fans adopted it as a good thing, thus the neck pony nation (broncos fans) was born. i am told it is good luck to keep the thread on the first few pages. so if you feel the need for some good bronco luck bump it up!!!!
jet19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #1653
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet19
ill explain it as it was explained to me.
the neck pony is the bronco logo. i guess that an opposing fan used to use the term on denver post online's forum and broncos fans adopted it as a good thing, thus the neck pony nation (broncos fans) was born. i am told it is good luck to keep the thread on the first few pages. so if you feel the need for some good bronco luck bump it up!!!!
Hmmm...guess that makes sense...in a very odd sort of way. "Neck Pony" referring to our logo? Wouldn't "Pony Neck" have made more sense? Oh, go figger' internet logic!
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:06 PM   #1654
jet19
Ring of Famer

lucky horse

Quote:
Hmmm...guess that makes sense...in a very odd sort of way. "Neck Pony" referring to our logo? Wouldn't "Pony Neck" have made more sense? Oh, go figger' internet logic!
hadnt look at it like that but you are right!
Old 07-26-2004, 03:31 PM   #1655
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Hey Blue, love the new avatar!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:44 PM   #1656
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar
Thanks, Alkazar!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:53 AM   #1657
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar
I wholeheartedly concur...

We can't have the NPN on the 3rd page on opening day of training camp, can we? Up it goes!
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:32 AM   #1658
broncoblue
english not british!!

WELL A BIT MORE GOOD NEWS...ME AND THE WIFE ARE STILL TALKING AND NOT FALLING OUT !!!
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:29 AM   #1659
jet19
Ring of Famer

lucky horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue
WELL A BIT MORE GOOD NEWS...ME AND THE WIFE ARE STILL TALKING AND NOT FALLING OUT !!!
good to hear blue!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:42 AM   #1660
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue
That's very good news!

But I keep watching your avatar and wishing she'd "fall out"!!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:43 AM   #1661
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Wooo Whooo!! Opening day of training camp and I'm at work sporting my Elway jersey. What a great day! The season cannot start too soon!!

GO BRONCS!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:00 AM   #1662
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I joke about Mrs Dog not working, and in all honestly her decision to stay home with the kid has grated on me since the kid entered 2nd grade (and 3rd last year) because we are blessed with a really good after school program. Last year my wife agreed she was not adding anything by not working, though she got enough volunteer crap done to last a lifetime, and having hemmed and hawed about part time finally figured out no one wants to hire a part time worker whose a mommy.

Anyway, she got a job offer, finally - getting BACK in the workforce is not easy - accepted it, only to have her prospective boss die a week later. (Imagine the guy's family's annoyance, not to mention ours) Then, Sunday, she's checking out a house that's for sale, falls in a hole and dislocates her kneecap ... on a knee she blew skiing back in the 70's. The Doc thinks she'll be OK in a couple of weeks without surgery, thank heavens. Nothing compared to Falconer's life, but jeez this is interesting.

I think I've corrupted my poor daughter cause Mrs Dog got back from the docs yesterday afternoon and said she'd have to have physcical therapy for 2-3 weeks at least, and the Kid says "aw jeez, how much will this cost; I guess I should just kiss goodbye to any chance of me ever getting a horse"
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:21 PM   #1663
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

Lets try to keep this on page 1 during training camp...
TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:08 PM   #1664
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Thanks, Crush!

It's good to hear that you and your wife are making progress on working things out, Broncoblue! Teamwork!

Guess the Bronco faithful have another item to add to the prayer list, Bendog.

To an injury-free day 2 of training camp!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:24 PM   #1665
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog
I joke about Mrs Dog not working, and in all honestly her decision to stay home with the kid has grated on me since the kid entered 2nd grade (and 3rd last year) because we are blessed with a really good after school program. Last year my wife agreed she was not adding anything by not working, though she got enough volunteer crap done to last a lifetime, and having hemmed and hawed about part time finally figured out no one wants to hire a part time worker whose a mommy.

Anyway, she got a job offer, finally - getting BACK in the workforce is not easy - accepted it, only to have her prospective boss die a week later. (Imagine the guy's family's annoyance, not to mention ours) Then, Sunday, she's checking out a house that's for sale, falls in a hole and dislocates her kneecap ... on a knee she blew skiing back in the 70's. The Doc thinks she'll be OK in a couple of weeks without surgery, thank heavens. Nothing compared to Falconer's life, but jeez this is interesting.

I think I've corrupted my poor daughter cause Mrs Dog got back from the docs yesterday afternoon and said she'd have to have physcical therapy for 2-3 weeks at least, and the Kid says "aw jeez, how much will this cost; I guess I should just kiss goodbye to any chance of me ever getting a horse"
Sorry to hear about the wife, BDog. Hopefully things will start looking up for the two of you. I just think it's funny what your kid said though

Time to really try to keep this on page one now, folks. We need to get the mojo building up before the season starts!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:43 PM   #1666
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Mrs Dog got her knee drained, and as the swelling subsides the knee cap is "rotating" back. She's got a lot of pain, but fortunately the MY insurance covers her 100% for accidents, although the presciption coverage sucks on non-generics. She tossed and turned so much last night though that I guess I'll have to get her prescrip for darvocet filled.

Another MRI tomorrow to rule out cartiledge / bone damage. I'll be surprised if she doesn't have to have some cartiledge scoped. Just thankful it wasnt' the ACL
Old 07-29-2004, 02:40 PM   #1667
jet19
Ring of Famer

lucky horse

Quote:
Mrs Dog got her knee drained, and as the swelling subsides the knee cap is "rotating" back. She's got a lot of pain, but fortunately the MY insurance covers her 100% for accidents, although the presciption coverage sucks on non-generics. She tossed and turned so much last night though that I guess I'll have to get her prescrip for darvocet filled.

Another MRI tomorrow to rule out cartiledge / bone damage. I'll be surprised if she doesn't have to have some cartiledge scoped. Just thankful it wasnt' the ACL
sorry to hear about your wifr bendog knee injurys are the worst, makes your whole leg hurt, best wishes to your family.....sounds like you have a smart kid!
Old 07-29-2004, 03:15 PM   #1668
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet19
sorry to hear about your wifr bendog knee injurys are the worst, makes your whole leg hurt, best wishes to your family.....sounds like you have a smart kid!
Mrs Dog has a lot of dental work done too. It is fortunate that she is not a horse.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:19 PM   #1669
jet19
Ring of Famer

lucky horse

Quote:
Mrs Dog has a lot of dental work done too. It is fortunate that she is not a horse.
i dont even know how to respond to that
Old 07-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #1670
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
She tossed and turned so much last night though that I guess I'll have to get her prescrip for darvocet filled.
You're a generous man. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:16 PM   #1671
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Stranger things...Plummer winning his first SB with the Broncos "7" years after #7 won his first with the Broncos...
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #1672
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
Stranger things...Plummer winning his first SB with the Broncos "7" years after #7 won his first with the Broncos...
That's it. You nailed the good karma right there.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #1673
jet19
Ring of Famer

lucky horse

neck pony away.!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 05:37 PM   #1674
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

...still anxiously awaiting August 9th...
Old 08-01-2004, 12:29 AM   #1675
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

gotta bring this back up with the hope that training camp produces no more injuries...