The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2002, 11:03 AM   #351
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Re: Neck Pony Nation!!!

Sorry paulie,  i was really tired last night......  got the name wrong....

anyway do you really trust the gov't to just do away with this stuff when terrorist threats are over?  I don't... &nbspo you think the office of homeland security, the 2nd largest office in the gov't will be downsized or anything like that, i don't.....  I personally think that our freedoms are being removed ever sooo slowly that in a way terrorism is a blanket for it.

And i personally do not see the US Patriot act being removed... which pretty much gives the executive branch power without approval....  gotta love it....

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:19 AM   #352
Paulie Emm
Pro Bowler

[quote author=amesj523 link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=345#350 date=07/18/02 at 11:03:17]Sorry paulie,  i was really tired last night......  got the name wrong....

anyway do you really trust the gov't to just do away with this stuff when terrorist threats are over?  I don't...  Do you think the office of homeland security, the 2nd largest office in the gov't will be downsized or anything like that, i don't.....  I personally think that our freedoms are being removed ever sooo slowly that in a way terrorism is a blanket for it.

And i personally do not see the US Patriot act being removed... which pretty much gives the executive branch power without approval....  gotta love it....

[/quote]

No problem Ames!
To do away with? No. Maybe to replace it.
Homeland Security is here to stay, the USA won't get caught like that again(I hope)
You really feel your freedoms are being taken away? That is something that cannot be given up at any cost. But I see your point, the government, potentially, using the threat of terrorism as a means to gain more control.......that's scary.

BTW, I'm not American(but I am a North American!) I'm a Canuck.   This is what our women do on weekends. see attachment above.............
Paulie Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:34 AM   #353
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Too funny, who picked up the trash?
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 02:04 PM   #354
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

[quote author=Paulie_Emm link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=345#351 date=07/18/02 at 11:19:23]

No problem Ames!
To do away with? No. Maybe to replace it.
Homeland Security is here to stay, the USA won't get caught like that again(I hope)
You really feel your freedoms are being taken away? That is something that cannot be given up at any cost. But I see your point, the government, potentially, using the threat of terrorism as a means to gain more control.......that's scary.

BTW, I'm not American(but I am a North American!) I'm a Canuck.   This is what our women do on weekends. see attachment above.............[/quote]

I really do think our freedoms here in america are in jeopardy....

Paulie where at in canada do you live, i've been up to toronto and of course the falls area...want to out to vancouver sometime and check that side out....

Old 07-18-2002, 02:05 PM   #355
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

BTW:   on the pic...looks like a good weekend for someone....  
Old 07-18-2002, 02:25 PM   #356
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Bible Camp gone horribly wrong.
Old 07-18-2002, 02:45 PM   #357
Cherry Creek
Seasoned Veteran

I wish I had an Orange Mane

Camp starts in  6 days 17 hours 14 mins 36 secs
Cherry Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 03:15 PM   #358
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Heh, heh, is somebody else supe anxious for camp to start?
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 05:24 PM   #359
GloryMule
Born-Again Bible Thumper

Hall Bound

Hey all,  I'm a new guy but a long time Bronco fan.  Going to be at camp on the 27th.  Was there last year.  Hope Griese gets it going, he should have all his weapons in one form or another.
GloryMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 05:27 PM   #360
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Welcome aboard, GloryMule!!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 05:30 PM   #361
cameronca
Solid Starter

[quote author=watermock link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=345#352 date=07/18/02 at 11:34:27]

Too funny, who picked up the trash?[/quote]

nice pic Mock...nice pic :cheers: :cheers:
cameronca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 05:31 PM   #362
GloryMule
Born-Again Bible Thumper

Hall Bound

Thanks Alcazar, seriously.  I promise to try and use my brain on this thread.  Joke.
GloryMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:36 PM   #363
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

[quote author=amesj523 link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=345#346 date=07/16/02 at 18:03:59]Operation TIPS, administered by the U.S. Department of Justice and developed in partnership with several other federal agencies, is one of the five component programs of the Citizen Corps. Operation TIPS will be a national system for reporting suspicious, and potentially terrorist-related activity. The program will involve the millions of American workers who, in the daily course of their work, are in a unique position to see potentially unusual or suspicious activity in public places.

The Department of Justice is discussing participation with several industry groups whose workers are ideally suited to help in the anti-terrorism effort because their routines allow them to recognize unusual events and have expressed a desire for a mechanism to report these events to authorities.

These workers will use their common sense and knowledge of their work environment to identify suspicious or unusual activity. This program offers a way for these workers to report what they see in public areas and along transportation routes.

All it will take to volunteer is a telephone or access to the Internet as tips can be reported on the toll-free hotline or online. Information received will be entered into the national database and referred electronically to a point of contact in each state as appropriate. This is not a national 911 center, and callers are expected to dial 911 for emergency local response.

Industries that are interested in participating in this program will be given printed guidance material, flyers and brochures, about the program and how to contact the Operation TIPS reporting center. This information can be distributed to workers or posted in common work areas. Operation TIPS is scheduled to be launched in late summer or early fall 2002. The goal of the program is to establish a reliable and comprehensive national system for reporting suspicious, and potentially terrorist-related, activity. By establishing one central reporting center, information from several different industries can be maintained in a single database. Operation TIPS will be phased in across the country to enable the system to build its capacity to receive an increasing volume of tips
[/quote]

Also further note on TIPS - The information called in by cable guy, UPS guy, Truck Driver, etc - that information is then reviewed and stored in a database that does not have public access...

So what if that cable guy was irked that you made him wait....  Next think you know you got someone saying you have Bin Ladens picture on the wall.....
Old 07-18-2002, 11:57 PM   #364
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

[quote author=glorymule link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=345#358 date=07/18/02 at 17:24:57]Hey all,  I'm a new guy but a long time Bronco fan.  Going to be at camp on the 27th.  Was there last year.  Hope Griese gets it going, he should have all his weapons in one form or another.[/quote]

Welcome to the board GloryMule!  I hope you'll be sure to come back and give us your impressions of camp!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 12:51 AM   #365
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

For those who are wondering why the NPN thread didn't get moved to thr ROF Thread section, it's because it would take all the sport out of it...  The NPN thread is meant to linger among the other threads...   8)
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 08:41 AM   #366
Paulie Emm
Pro Bowler

[quote author=amesj523 link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=345#353 date=07/18/02 at 14:04:06]

I really do think our freedoms here in america are in jeopardy....

Paulie where at in canada do you live, i've been up to toronto and of course the falls area...want to out to vancouver sometime and check that side out....

[/quote]
That scares me, The USA is the model for freedom. So where do you think the freedom leak is? Who is to blame(gov, but who?) How do you stop it?

I'm from Toronto, Vancouver is okay(too many one way streets and rain for me), the province that it is in is beautiful though, take the sea to sky highway(99) from Vancouver to Whistler, it'll blow you away.

Paulie Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 03:22 PM   #367
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Even at this time, we need to be extreemly vigilant not only against our enemies, but vigilant that our constitution is not compromised any further in a vain attempt at a power grab by the executive branch.

Of course it could be argued that it has been being dismantled for a long time, but recent events underscored and accellerated it.

My Late Father always said, "Every time they pass another law, they take a little bit of our Freedom away from us."

The point is, the most relevant effect of the 9/11 bombing has been increased scrutiny of our own citizens, not any sort of quantum leap in intelligence of either foreign nationals in this country or abroad.

Trust me, when you go to an NFL game, your face is now scanned.

Of course, I doubt many AlQueda terrorists are interested in NFL football, but these are the facts.

And it is truly showing the Owellian Future.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:27 PM   #368
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

And why the generic term "Homeland Defense"?

This term makes no mention of Forign Terrorists whatsoever.

How about, "Anti-terrorist Headquarters" or something a little more specific.

"Homeland Defense" sounds more like something Nazi Germany or Japan would of said in 1945.

Finally this "Axis of Evil" statement that came out in the State of the Union Adress. I considered it a Dubya oops that he inserted late and got by his speechwriters, but I have heard it again and again.

Again, this is a totally inappropriate statement with roots in WW2.
Old 07-19-2002, 06:38 PM   #369
Chubby
Ring of Famer

[quote author=watermock link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=360#366 date=07/19/02 at 15:22:55]

Of course, I doubt many AlQueda terrorists are interested in NFL football, but these are the facts.

And it is truly showing the Owellian Future. [/quote]
Correction! It has been stated on the news that Al Queda and the likes have been downloading pictures of American stadiums. This was before the 4th of July. What does this mean Thet didn't say as usual But nothing should be overlooked.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 12:21 AM   #370
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

[quote author=Paulie_Emm link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=360#365 date=07/19/02 at 08:41:38]
That scares me, The USA is the model for freedom. So where do you think the freedom leak is? Who is to blame(gov, but who?) How do you stop it?

I'm from Toronto, Vancouver is okay(too many one way streets and rain for me), the province that it is in is beautiful though, take the sea to sky highway(99) from Vancouver to Whistler, it'll blow you away.

[/quote]

Toronto, that's cool that's only like 10-hrs from here....

I think it's part gov't for being greedy and part the general publics fault for being so apethitic at the polls.....
Old 07-20-2002, 02:23 AM   #371
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Looks like you can relax, Amesj.... Congress has removed the TIPS and National ID provisions from the Security bill....

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20020719-90562710.htm
Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 12:28 AM   #372
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Well, that's good, i'm glad public pressure put that out!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:25 PM   #373
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

We need to get rid of Tom Ridge...

Read this

07/21 12:10
U.S. Should Consider Giving Military Arrest Powers, Ridge Says
By Alex Canizares

Washington, July 21 (Bloomberg) -- The government should consider reversing a more than a century of tradition and law to give the military authority to make arrests and fire their weapons on U.S. soil in the event of a terrorist attack, Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge said.
Old 07-23-2002, 12:52 PM   #374
clarkster
Ring of Famer

hell yeah, im all about some **** like that. seriously though, its not as bad as you people are making it out. theres alot of us out there mingling with the public, and its not like we stand out, so it could be a good idea.on another note, mock is a mook.
clarkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 12:55 PM   #375
beerman
Ring of Famer

Master of the Juice Box

What up Clarkster.

I got a couple of new scoots
beerman is offline   Reply With Quote