The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2002, 12:22 AM   #251
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Re: Neck Pony Nation!!!

More news should be coming up after training camp starts on Monday...

Good to see you back, Alkazar... hope all is well with you... :-)
Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 08:15 AM   #252
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

One quarterback currently playing in the NFL Europe League, and worth keeping an eye on, is Todd Husak of the Berlin Thunder. The former Stanford star has completed 171 of 291 passes for 2,008 yards, with 12 touchdown passes, 10 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 79.2. He leads the springtime league in attempts, completions, yards and also touchdown passes and has seemed to make solid strides overseas. Husak is interesting, in addition, because of his situation with the Denver Broncos, the team which allocated him to the NFL Europe League. Because of Brian Griese's off-field woes, the Broncos might be forced to keep veteran Steve Beuerlein, bad elbow and all, around as an insurance policy. And the coaches seem to like another former NFL Europe product, third-year pro Jarious Jackson, which could make it difficult for Husak to make the roster. If he is cut, teams would be wise to take a look at Husak. He has good size, a decent arm, plenty of smarts. There are some people who feel that then-coach Marty Schottenheimer gave up way too early on Husak last year, when he released him. This isn't to suggest Husak will ever be a star in the NFL, but that he could be a solid career backup.

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1392004.html
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 08:29 AM   #253
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_1196110,00.html

Smith back on the run
As Broncos' camp looms prolific WR shakes off rust in workouts

In this article, towards the bottom:

STILL GOING: Smith might have been slowed by a stress fracture and two sprained ankles, but that hasn't kept him from participating in the team's voluntary off-season conditioning program. This will be his eighth year making 100 percent of the workouts.

Players recently completed the 10th week of the 12-week, 56-day program of running and lifting. Desmond Clark will complete his fourth consecutive year of 100 percent attendance and George Coghill his fifth.

HEAVY LOAD: When Tuten put together homemade wooden blocking sleds for the Broncos' conditioning program, his goal was to have players push the 225-pound monsters four times up and down the 50-yard-long field inside the team's practice bubble. Friday, all of the backs completed six sets of sled drills. Offensive linemen performed eight sets. Two players - rookie fullback Will Bartholomew and offensive linemen Michael Lies - did 12 apiece.

Of course, that only meant more work for Tuten.

"I did 14 (Friday)," he said. "I have to stay ahead."

Old 06-10-2002, 05:30 PM   #254
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Alkazar link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=240#249 date=06/06/02 at 16:50:55]Thanks for the update Mock. Sounds like nothing much yet has happened on the football front although there is a lot of off-season chatter going on... . Anyway, I'd better sign off for now as I'm still job hunting. I'll try and check back in a little later today or possibly tomorrow. We'll have to see....[/quote]

Hey Alkazar....It's great to have you back on the board.  Any news from your trip to Mexico? (Yep, I'm snoopy!   )
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 06:59 PM   #255
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

(retrieving the Neck Pony thread from Page 2)

Go Broncos!!!!

Old 06-14-2002, 02:50 PM   #256
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

[quote author=NDGal link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=240#253 date=06/10/02 at 17:30:40]

Hey Alkazar....It's great to have you back on the board.  Any news from your trip to Mexico? (Yep, I'm snoopy!   )[/quote]

Hey ND, it's great to be back, even if its only once in a while. Unfortunately, we're still stuck waiting. The doctors want to leave the baby in the womb until it gains more weight (they say she currently weighs less than 3 pounds and there could be health issues) so we're stuck in a holding pattern. All the legal aspects have been cleared up as I understand it, so once the Doc gives the ok, everything will probably happen pretty quick.
Other than that, I'm still searching for employment. I'm hoping that with the upturn in the economy, jobs will start opening up again.
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 07:25 PM   #257
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=Alkazar link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=255#255 date=06/14/02 at 14:50:34]

Hey ND, it's great to be back, even if its only once in a while. Unfortunately, we're still stuck waiting. The doctors want to leave the baby in the womb until it gains more weight (they say she currently weighs less than 3 pounds and there could be health issues) so we're stuck in a holding pattern. All the legal aspects have been cleared up as I understand it, so once the Doc gives the ok, everything will probably happen pretty quick.
Other than that, I'm still searching for employment. I'm hoping that with the upturn in the economy, jobs will start opening up again.[/quote]

Thanks for the update, Alkazar! Although the waiting must seem interminable, if your daughter's less than 3 pounds, it probably is best to wait as long as they can. (I'm assuming that her birth mother will be having a C-section?) My smallest baby (one of the twins) was just under 5 lbs. and he was tiny... of course, he and his brother were also a month premature, as is often the case with twins. We'll keep you, your wife and daughter... and the birth mom... in our prayers.

Good luck with the job search, too... hopefully the right opportunity will open up for you soon.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:48 PM   #258
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I was going to say about the same thing Blue did...about the baby and the job search.

When is your daughter due?  Usually they like to wait at least until 28 weeks....of course, the longer, the better.  My nephews were born at 27 and 30 weeks and are doing just fine.  (The first one was 2 lb. 14 oz. and the second one was 4 lbs.)
Old 06-15-2002, 09:44 AM   #259
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

We will be adding a baby parakeet to the family soon, it just jumped out of its nest at the pet store and will be ready in a couple weeks.

We got first pick so and I think we are going to get a dark purple one, but that lady said the olive ones were prettier. dunno.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:06 PM   #260
LLB
Seasoned Veteran

!
LLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 08:57 PM   #261
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Legendary football coach Bill Walsh once said that you can scheme an offense but you have to have physically gifted players on defense as they have to react to what the offense is doing. The Redskins seem especially suited for success looking at that quote. On paper, they look
Old 06-17-2002, 10:19 PM   #262
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

AFC, Miami, Denver, Cleveland, Pittsburg, Colts, New England.

NFC, Lambs, Green Bay, Washington, Tampa Bay, Niners, Philly.

No room for the dark side this year.  homer
Old 06-18-2002, 11:45 PM   #263
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[glow=orange,4,300]

BRONCOS WILL RULE IN 2002!

[/glow]
Old 06-19-2002, 05:07 PM   #264
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Just to keep everyone updated.... I have just started a temp-to-hire position that, if it goes permanent, will pay approx. the same as I was making at my last job, so everyone keep your fingers crossed.
As far as the baby goes, she was born this past weekend, weighing in at just over 5 lbs. but the birthmother had second thoughts and decided to keep the baby. My wife and I have decided to hold off on any further attempts to adopt for a while as this has happened 3 times now.
Since I am sneaking this message in while at my new position, I'll have to drop out again momentarily, but I wanted to keep you all informed. If nothing else, I'll continue to check in from the local library from time to time.
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 05:17 PM   #265
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Congratulations on your new job, Alkazar. Hopefully it will work into the permanent position and all will go well for you.

Such a disappointment with the little one... it must be heartbreaking to have this happen so many times.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:27 PM   #266
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Wow, how frustrating it must have been.

Hopefully the child will not be subjected to abject poverty on the whim of a hormonal induced female.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:22 PM   #267
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Congrats on the job!    Sorry to hear about the baby.
Hopefully, it will work out for you and your wife another time.  How frustrating!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:05 PM   #268
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Dumb Raider Fan: (Kingboobieso...) He's talking about Tim Brown being the best receiver ever....and saying Rod doesn't compare....Check it out!

This is a riot!
http://pub76.ezboard.com/fdenverbroncosfrm0.showMessageRange?topicID=3154.t opic&start=241&stop=260
Old 06-19-2002, 09:17 PM   #269
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Lots of Faydah angst at that place.

They hang out and abuse the forum cause they are kicked out of every place on the net.

Lifer is especially pathetic. Go over to their forum

(the ez board raider room), its dead, and fansinblack is just a circle jerk.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:20 PM   #270
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=watermock link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=255#268 date=06/19/02 at 21:17:23]Lots of Faydah angst at that place.

They hang out and abuse the forum cause they are kicked out of every place on the net.

Lifer is especially pathetic. Go over to their forum, its dead, and fansinblack is just a circle jerk. [/quote]

....yeah, they keep saying they OWN the board, yeah right, pathetic little creatures they are.

...That chick Rachel, has no clue...
Old 06-19-2002, 10:17 PM   #271
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Didn't we have a similar discussion here last offseason? Our receivers vs Tim Brown...

I'm not certain I'd be convinced that Rachel's even a chick, ND... "she" sounds almost like Lifer with a second login nickname... although doing something like that (creating alter-egos to support your viewpoints) would be pretty lame....
Old 06-19-2002, 10:22 PM   #272
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=270#270 date=06/19/02 at 22:17:19]Didn't we have a similar discussion here last offseason? Our receivers vs Tim Brown...

I'm not certain I'd be convinced that Rachel's even a chick, ND... "she" sounds almost like Lifer with a second login nickname... although doing something like that (creating alter-egos to support your viewpoints) would be pretty lame.... [/quote]

We probably  did...

You're probably right about Rachel...Although, she sounds even less intelligent than Lifer (if possible! !)  Rachel and kingtito could be the same person, maybe.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:36 PM   #273
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

The lack of any differing viewpoints is the thing that makes me suspect that one or more of the Raiderfan posters at Cyber High is the same person posing as more than one.

While the Raider fans we have here on OM share a lot of the same opinions, there are personality differences that are discernible... and often they point out differing facets in the discussion at hand.

The language at Cyber High sometimes gets a bit crude for my tastes... and I'd hate for any of my kids to inadvertently read some of the stuff posted there...
Old 06-19-2002, 10:44 PM   #274
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=News;num=1014738612;start=270#272 date=06/19/02 at 22:36:55]The lack of any differing viewpoints is the thing that makes me suspect that one or more of the Raiderfan posters at Cyber High is the same person posing as more than one.

While the Raider fans we have here on OM share a lot of the same opinions, there are personality differences that are discernible... and often they point out differing facets in the discussion at hand.

The language at Cyber High sometimes gets a bit crude for my tastes... and I'd hate for any of my kids to inadvertently read some of the stuff posted there... [/quote]
The language is pretty nasty sometimes.  I don't blame you for not wanting your kids to see it.  It didn't use to be quite so bad.  I don't mind some of the posters on that board though, and BB has done a good job.  This board definitely has a different feel to it....and I think, more class.  (no offense to Cyberhigh, It's just a matter of preference.)

I just had to laugh at the thread though, Bronco fans, myself included, kept posting facts about Tim Vs. Rod ....including stats and that darn Raider fan just wouldn't listen....(typical!)  

We do have some pretty  8) Raider fans on here....at least they seem to listen to what the Bronco fans say even if they don't agree.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #275
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Yeah, I'd probably spend more time there if the language wasn't quite so vulgar... as it is, I have to wait until after the kids' bedtime to go there. That's one of the things I really like about the way TJ runs this board... one can see by some posts in the Butt that this board would not be immune to such gross stuff if it wasn't dealt with effectively.

We do have a good bunch of posters, including most of the Raider fans. Things could get dull, especially in the offseason, without some dissenting opinions...