The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor
Default SanchezSiemien 1st half, Paxton gets the whole 2nd

Niiiice.....

Quote:
There's finally some clarity when it comes to how the Denver Broncos will handle their very-much-an-enigma of a quarterback situation. Gary Kubiak announced Tuesday Mark Sanchez would be the starting quarterback for Week 1 of the exhibition affair.

Sanchez will get the entire first quarter to play against the Bears, according to Andrew Mason of DenverBroncos.com, and will be relieved in the second quarter by Trevor Siemian.

The second half will be particularly interesting to Broncos fans, as rookie Paxton Lynch will play the entire second half.

"It's just where we are right now. I think this is the game to look at all of those young players," Kubiak said. "The more I can play [Lynch], the more I can find out about him. If the game is rhythmic, like we hope, then hopefully he plays the whole half. We've been practicing that way, too. He practices a lot at the end of practice. We'll keep that same rhythm."
LINK

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Siemian's college stats are so bad.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
69bronco
PFL for week 1 starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sunshine

I'll probably just set the DVR and just FF through buttfumble and jizz boy, watch the D, and then watch the future after halftime.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr Castro.

Not a surprise, pretty much what coach has been saying all along.... as far as pecking order.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #5
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Siemian's college stats are so bad.
Which was part of the reason why I was so sure that the hype about him starting could not be real. Dude could not even complete 59% of his passes in college and normally college completion % does not go up in the pros unless the QB was in a poor system or extremely raw.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #6
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Which was part of the reason why I was so sure that the hype about him starting could not be real. Dude could not even complete 59% of his passes in college and normally college completion % does not go up in the pros unless the QB was in a poor system or extremely raw.
Some people are late bloomers, Scribe.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's pretty stupid to show Sanchez's NFL stats and compare them to Siemian's college stats. Does not compute, not apples to apples comparison.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Got to see Lady Gaga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

Gonna see me some Paxton.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #9
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Connor Cook will potentially prove that to be true if he indeed develops as some expect.

But I am firmly on the believe it when I see it train.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:49 PM   #10
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

So, given that Sanchez will start and play one quarter and Siemian play the 2nd quarter, will the 1st team offense be on the field the whole half?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #11
MileHighMagic
✝ Proverbs 3:5-6 ✝

"Get my pies outta the oven."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
🎯#13

Schefter and others have said Siemian will most likely get the start versus San Fran, game two. I believe he will remain QB1 from that point forward. I re-watched the preseason games from last year and it just cemented my faith in him. Trevor was so calm and cool. He has a Rodgers-like, smooth stroke. It will be obvious to everyone how much better he is than Sanchez once they see him in live games.
Soon... I can't wait!
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #12
Outsider1
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Or his receivers were that bad!! And Oline was brutal, Northwestern receivers averaged 8 drops a game his senior year
Outsider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:12 PM   #13
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
What's that hash-tag again?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
So, given that Sanchez will start and play one quarter and Siemian play the 2nd quarter, will the 1st team offense be on the field the whole half?
No, the first team offense will most likely only play the first quarter with the stars like DT only playing one or two series. Players like Schofield will probably play the whole first half. Basically, the first team/second team players will play more than then blue chip, no questions asked, first team players. A good example of a player who will only play the first quarter is Anderson, where as Virgil Green and Heuerman will probably each play into the second quarter.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #15
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
See, I get being skeptical because of those stats and his draft position. Your position was not mere skepticism though.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #16
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
Schefter and others have said Siemian will most likely get the start versus San Fran, game two. I believe he will remain QB1 from that point forward. I re-watched the preseason games from last year and it just cemented my faith in him. Trevor was so calm and cool. He has a Rodgers-like, smooth stroke. It will be obvious to everyone how much better he is than Sanchez once they see him in live games.
Soon... I can't wait!
It all depends on who plays better in preseason. I'm quite interested to see how this plays out.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:25 PM   #17
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider1 View Post
Or his receivers were that bad!! And Oline was brutal, Northwestern receivers averaged 8 drops a game his senior year
System, receivers, being a "late bloomer". They could all play a role. That said, you look at those stats and it's a wonder he got drafted at all.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 08-09-2016 at 08:58 PM..
Old 08-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #18
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider1 View Post
Just an FYI but their offense got better when Siemian was benched for Kain Colter. Who by the way had a 69.4 completion % in college with those same WR's, OL and offense. 2-1 TD to INT ration too. 18 TD passing TD's, 9 INT's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
See, I get being skeptical because of those stats and his draft position. Your position was not mere skepticism though.
I said "part" of the reason.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #19
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

If Lynch continues to get the 2nd halves I think Kubes is looking to see if he is doing the right things regardless of outcome and he will start him. No point in starting Cranchez and Semen if they aren't substantially better. Crunchez' s kneel down and the defense laughing at him I think sealed his fate if there are any doubts.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #20
Cito Pelon
Happy

Happy dog at the Divide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

It will be interesting to see who earns the job. It really is mind boggling the defending SB Champs are starting Mark f'in Sanchez wondering if he can hold off a 7th-rounder from Northwestern and a rookie that played in a spread option offense his entire college career.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #21
Cito Pelon
Happy

Happy dog at the Divide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
If Lynch continues to get the 2nd halves I think Kubes is looking to see if he is doing the right things regardless of outcome and he will start him. No point in starting Cranchez and Semen if they aren't substantially better. Crunchez' s kneel down and the defense laughing at him I think sealed his fate if there are any doubts.
But Kubiak is starting him. I guess Sanchez handled the adversity well. Dude can bounce back from buttfumble and kneelgate well enough to have Kubiak's confidence.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:17 PM   #22
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
But Kubiak is starting him. I guess Sanchez handled the adversity well. Dude can bounce back from buttfumble and kneelgate well enough to have Kubiak's confidence.
Still think it means nothing right now.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:48 PM   #23
Cito Pelon
Happy

Happy dog at the Divide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Still think it means nothing right now.
Probably so. Why Sanchez got the nod right now I can't understand. Dude has thrown pick-sixes in consecutive practices, but it's his job to lose. Kubiak giving the vet they traded for a chance I guess.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Not a chance in hell.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:32 AM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Don't get your hopes up. I've heard plenty of NFL players mention Lynch looks nowhere close to being ready.

Let's not forget something here. Siemian and Sanchez go against the best defense in the NFL during practice. I wonder how many other QB's in the league would not be looking stellar practicing against this defense.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote