The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Fan Vision a hit

I was one of the fortunate Denver Bronco season ticket holders Sunday to try out FanVision - a hand held device for viewing replays, other games, stats, and more while attending an NFL game. I liked it!

You can watch ANY nfl game on FanVision in addition to the NFL red zone channel. What I liked best, though, was the replay capability. After each play you could select one of 3 replays - from a camera on the 50, from one on the 25, or one at field level. A personal instant replay system! During the Bronco/Seahawk game I replayed several plays multiple times. Once the next play starts the replay is lost but still this is a really cool feature. I liked not being dependent on the network tv feed of the game to see the replays I wanted.

I did think the audio on FanVision could be louder - with the earbuds I had the volume all the way up and I couldn't hear the Fox play by play of the game. The Red zone channel was better for volume. Also when I seated in the sun the 1st half the picture was a little hard to see. With my seats in the shade the 2nd half the FanVision replay system really shined.

Overall though FanVision gets an "A" from me. I look forward to trying it out again at this week's Broncos/Colts game!

titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Very cool. I heard about these. Only for season ticket holders?
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

... or you could just stay at home and pretty much get all of this on your couch.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Someone had one this weekend at the tailgate, that thing is cool.

3 years free I think.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Yeah 3 years free

I ended up missing the game this week for health reasons, and was partially bummed because I was excited to use the damn thing finally

this weekend though, will be nice to have while tailgating for the early games
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I didn't try it outside the stadium - I saw one guy on the bus home watching his fanvision a few blocks from the stadium. Wonder what the range is. I was surprised it offered NFL Sunday Ticket - I thought it would just be the Red Zone channel in addition to the "live" game.

The Broncos rolled it out to some season ticket holders first. It wasn't just based on priority # because I know someone who just got tickets 2 years ago and he was picked in the trial. Eventually it will be something you can buy a subscription for.

Also noticed they are handing out smaller game programs this year for free - no more purchasing programs.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

I was going to stop inside the stadium and see how much it was, but was to crowded.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Finally technology that is actually useful! Rather than all the online social media buzz and iPads that are just tweaked hardware devices with built in limits Football fans get something useful.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm quite surprised to hear this was a success. I really expected a complete failure. It seems silly to be at a game watching a screen but if it works, so be it.

I think I recall reading that the teams that requested them only got like 5000 units on a trial basis. Not surprised they started with season ticket holders.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #10
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Finally technology that is actually useful! Rather than all the online social media buzz and iPads that are just tweaked hardware devices with built in limits Football fans get something useful.
I guess this is cool, but what I'm really dying for is a way to check my bff's relationship status when I'm on the bus. And to know what Jimmy Fallon is up to, but not in any more detail than 140 characters, that's just weird.

No but seriously in seat replay looks awesome.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I'm quite surprised to hear this was a success. I really expected a complete failure. It seems silly to be at a game watching a screen but if it works, so be it.

I think I recall reading that the teams that requested them only got like 5000 units on a trial basis. Not surprised they started with season ticket holders.
I take it you have never taken an AM radio to the game to get play by play?

I could see them setting up rental booths down the line, that would be the big income generator, just think, hit people up for tickets to the game then rent them a device like this and if they drop it or lose it they take a generous security deposit. Cha-Ching!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #12
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I think it's the gayest thing I have ever heard of. Instead of cheering for the defense people have their nose into an electrical device.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #13
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

I was pissed because my Blackberry didn't work. I was listening to 850 up till kickoff and then my Iheartradio stopped working, and I couldn't check my NFL app either.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #14
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I didn't try it outside the stadium - I saw one guy on the bus home watching his fanvision a few blocks from the stadium. Wonder what the range is. I was surprised it offered NFL Sunday Ticket - I thought it would just be the Red Zone channel in addition to the "live" game.

The Broncos rolled it out to some season ticket holders first. It wasn't just based on priority # because I know someone who just got tickets 2 years ago and he was picked in the trial. Eventually it will be something you can buy a subscription for.

Also noticed they are handing out smaller game programs this year for free - no more purchasing programs.
yeah, this is my first year with tickets and I got it, I don't know if it was random or first come first serve (you had to apply for it) or what

I think the unit is $199 if you buy it, no idea what the subscription is

I won't be buried in it during the game but how sweet will a replay or the game broadcast be for me in the cheap seats? Also, for fantasy football it is awesome...and it working in the parking lot, will make tailgating pretty sweet as well.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #15
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I heard it only works around Invesco in the parking lot, but guess it works longer range.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #16
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Pretty cool feature. Can't beat the game atmosphere, but there are times when you're there that it would be nice to be able to figure out what happened on a play, etc.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #17
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

I'll give it a thumbs up. I could go out to the concourse and watch the game live, wtch replays and other live games. I was able to watch differnet camera angles of replays and keep up with scores.

From what I understand they will be available for $199 which includes the first yeasr subscription and then it's $5 per event.

Mine is FREE for 3 years!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I take it you have never taken an AM radio to the game to get play by play?

I could see them setting up rental booths down the line, that would be the big income generator, just think, hit people up for tickets to the game then rent them a device like this and if they drop it or lose it they take a generous security deposit. Cha-Ching!
Well the radio thing would be different - it compliments the game. You're still watching in person. To sit in the stadium and watch a screen though... seems to defeat the purpose. The only NFL game I went to, I spent a lot of time doing just that though... hence the reason I don't go to games.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
yeah, this is my first year with tickets and I got it, I don't know if it was random or first come first serve (you had to apply for it) or what

I think the unit is $199 if you buy it, no idea what the subscription is

I won't be buried in it during the game but how sweet will a replay or the game broadcast be for me in the cheap seats? Also, for fantasy football it is awesome...and it working in the parking lot, will make tailgating pretty sweet as well.
Not a judgement or anything, but I think this is indicative of the levels that FF has taken us. You're at the game of your favorite team and still worried about how players on other teams are doing.

I remember the day when I had arbitrary methods for picking who to root for in a game if it weren't a team I liked. Now, I can generally recite my FF roster and that of the upcoming opponent so it's not an issue anymore.