The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default Demaryius Thomas

Posted: 09/21/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Here's the moment in every rookie's dreams: Demaryius Thomas is wide open for a 21-yard touchdown Sunday, his first TD reception in the NFL. (John Leyba, The Denver Post )

For months, Demaryius Thomas was little more than a question mark.
When would he be healthy? How would his surgically repaired foot hold up? Could he actually run NFL routes? How would he fare against professional cornerbacks?
Sunday, Thomas provided plenty of answers and reaffirmed the faith the Broncos' coaching staff had in him when they drafted Thomas at No. 22, making him the first receiver off the board in April.
Thomas caught eight of the nine passes thrown to him Sunday — the one incompletion was out of bounds — for 97 yards and one touchdown in his debut. And not just his regular-season debut, but his first game in an NFL uniform. It was Thomas' first game action since he played in the Orange
Denver Broncos

Bowl for Georgia Tech on Jan. 5, and those eight catches were his first since the ACC title game on Dec. 6, 2009. "It was good watching the tape, getting to see me making plays," Thomas said Monday. "It had been a long time."
It has been a trying process getting ready for the NFL, starting with a broken foot and surgery in February. Rehabilitation kept him out of most of the Broncos' offseason practice sessions, and though he came to training camp healthy Aug. 1, he reinjured the foot Aug. 7, which led to missing all four preseason games and the season opener at Jacksonville.
So, when Thomas caught his first NFL touchdown — a 21-yarder in the left side of the north end zone — it was hard to tell who was more excited: Thomas or his offensive teammates.
He was mobbed in the end zone, first by veteran receiver Jabar Gaffney, then by a host of linemen, then by a couple of other receivers, then by quarterback Kyle Orton.
"I'm so happy for him. He's been battling injuries, and he wanted so bad to be out there with us," receiver Eddie Royal said. "He's been working hard in the classroom, and just every day in practice he's been getting better, and we've been able to see it."
Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas shows off some of his open-field speed after making a catch in the second quarter against the Seahawks at Invesco Field at Mile High. ( Joe Amon, The Denver Post )

McDaniels said Thomas knew the entire game plan, but he opted to ease the rookie into action in terms of snaps. Thomas played little in the first quarter — only a handful of snaps in four-receiver sets — before lining up wide right in the second quarter. On his fourth-quarter touchdown, Thomas split wide left and ran a straight go route, easily blowing past a Seattle corner and then beating safety help.
"He's a heck of a talent," Gaffney said Monday. "He's the big fella. I mean, big, fast, strong. It's surprising really that for being that size he can really run routes. That's hard to find in a bigger receiver, and he can do all of that pretty well."
The Broncos never officially timed Thomas in the 40-yard dash (his foot injury kept him out of the combine and pro day), but coach Josh McDaniels said Monday that Thomas is among the fastest players on the team. Thomas said his fastest 40-yard dash was a 4.38 he clocked while training in Arizona before breaking his foot. That would compare favorably with the fastest players in the game.
"You've been able to see his straight-line speed show up whenever he's been out there and playing," McDaniels said. "He gets behind the defense when they give him an opportunity, and then the thing to me that I've been impressed with is his ability to accelerate once he has the football. It doesn't take him a long time to build his speed. A lot of taller receivers, it takes them some strides to kind of get into their top-notch speed, and D.T. usually can get there quickly."
Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

Read more: Rookie receiver Thomas reaffirms Broncos' faith - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz10C5qhjw9

Last edited by DAN_BRONCO_FAN; 09-21-2010 at 12:37 PM..
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

for some reason i had a hard time doing this thread dunno either my pos pc is acting up or some code in the article was goofin up the forum had to post just his name then edit
Old 09-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Friggin out of this world!!! I didn't think he looked that fast but sometimes big guys are deceptively fast. I sure like who he seems to always be in control of his body though. Also big soft hands that seem to catch the ball effortlessly.

If we could get a huge stud each draft we will be fine. Here to hoping this kid is as good as he looked first game.

Also if he is that big and runs a sub 4.4 then we were lucky he was injured and slipped in draft. He threw out a sub 4.4 at that size, at combine, and a lot more teams would have been on his nuts.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

im thinking if he keeps playin this well constantly he will be HOF when he retires at least ring of fame
Old 09-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
im thinking if he keeps playin this well constantly he will be HOF when he retires at least ring of fame
From the, "Are you kidding me" archives
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Wow. Um, dude. I love your enthusiasm, but my god... he had ONE game as a pro, and because he hadn't played, there was no tape on the guy yet. Let's settle it down a little bit here.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Wow. Um, dude. I love your enthusiasm, but my god... he had ONE game as a pro, and because he hadn't played, there was no tape on the guy yet. Let's settle it down a little bit here.
seriously.....I can't even imagine the boner this dude must've had after Royal's coming out party against the Raiders 2 years ago.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
but i said im thinking IF he keeps playin this WELL CONSTANTLY he will be HOF when he retires at least ring of fame. emphasis on IF ,WELL and constantly
IF TEBOW never plays a down again he wont be a hof qb <--- im projecting but im shure he will do alright if his knee dont blow out if he dont get ran over by a semi if aliens dont abduct him
Old 09-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

IF is a magical number IF he keeps this pace up he will be HOF by the end of his career especially if we trade him seems like guys we trade always come back to bite us and put up career highs against us . now cutler will trot in here and put up 8 tds
Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Attached Images

_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #11
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
If he catches 8 passes for 97 yards and a TD in every game he plays, then he will be in the Hall of Fame.

That would equal out to 128 catches for 1,552 yards and 16 TDs a season.

I'm thinking we need to take it one game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves.

You are getting way ahead of things....I'll be happy to see him get that foot healed up and make some plays the rest of the year.

He does have a unique blend of skills that will put him in position to do special things on the field for the next 10+ years....if he stays, healthy, focused, and has some talent around him.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 09-21-2010 at 02:32 PM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #12
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
From the, "Are you kidding me" archives
This guy never amazes me with the moronic post that come from him. Dude is over 40 years old and acts like a 17 year old. Dan, if you have mental issues, let us know and we will lay off of you knowing you are missing brain cells, chromosomes or both.
"If he keeps this up, he will be in the HOF or ring of fame." OH BOY!

Does anyone else think Dan's avatar of Alfred E. Neumann is really of him?

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 09-21-2010 at 02:35 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #13
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
IF is a magical number IF he keeps this pace up he will be HOF by the end of his career especially if we trade him seems like guys we trade always come back to bite us and put up career highs against us . now cutler will trot in here and put up 8 tds

Does it come between 5 and 6

j/k Dan love your positive tude!

Last edited by baja; 09-21-2010 at 02:40 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #14
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Does it come between 5 and 6

j/k Dan love your positive tude!
well i did sit thru 2 whole superbowls when the broncos was getting slaughtered from start to finish i kept thinking now if the broncos do this or do that they would win .unlike others who jump at the first sign of trouble i keep following the broncos from super blowouts to 5-11 to super victories. hell i can recite famous infamous bronco incidents ie the rotation of that black qb moores and some other qb or the time Minnesota had a 3rd and forever . they did a simple lil run to get a lil distance to punt and they got all of it and change and won the game
Old 09-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

ummm..I had a bon-r after Royal's game against the Raiders a couple of years ago...sorry. Geez, now this board is down on bon-rs..what gives around here lately?
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

I believe they are now called Tbowners
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

"Tbowners"...cool. I'm down with that...back to Bey Bey...just stay healthy Bey Bey...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote