The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default I'd be scared if I was the Chiefs...

49ers coming off a tough loss with that nasty defense...

Chiefs better get ready for a knock out next week.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 09-20-2010 at 10:10 PM..
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Yeah, I think he meant the 49'ers coming off a tough loss. They killed themselves though. They outplayed the Saints, only boneheaded plays really killed their chances.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

tough loss, my bad
Old 09-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Queefs are better on defense and special teams but on offense they still seem a little shaky. Stop Jamal Charles and you stop the Queefs!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
Queefs are better on defense and special teams but on offense they still seem a little shaky. Stop Jamal Charles and you stop the Queefs!
I'm sorry to inform you that you can not adopt Tim Tebow and have that avatar so I will have to confiscate her. It's for the best.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #6
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Old 09-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #7
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah I was really hoping they would win. They are a good team no doubt. They are going to come in a play their hearts out Sunday.
I think it's gonna be a low scoring game. I'm just happy we have the advantage of being at home.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:08 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yeah I was really hoping they would win. They are a good team no doubt. They are going to come in a play their hearts out Sunday.
I think it's gonna be a low scoring game. I'm just happy we have the advantage of being at home.
KC off to a great start at 0-2. For sure the team is much much better then other yrs. Still though the passing game stinks and obviously Cassel the luckiest player ever. The deal he got for his skill level is a friggin amazing. He really doesn't look like an NFL starter to me.

But I think the niners will beat you and do it rather easily.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Why the Queefs waste carries on Thomas Jones is beyond me. He is so far from dangerous. I mean if I was on the other teams defense I would love every time the don't run Charles. Run Thomas, please. Haley is being an idiot. He better start giving Charles about 25 touches a game or Chiefs wont score.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:07 AM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Why the Queefs waste carries on Thomas Jones is beyond me. He is so far from dangerous. I mean if I was on the other teams defense I would love every time the don't run Charles. Run Thomas, please. Haley is being an idiot. He better start giving Charles about 25 touches a game or Chiefs wont score.
You don't watch a lot of football outside of the Broncos do you? First, the Chefs aren't 0-2... Or was that meant as a joke? 2nd, Thomas Jones is coming off of a 1400 yard year. 3rd, Jamal Charles is more effective coming off the bench as a change of pace back. He is listed at 199 but is probably closer to 185. As the season wears on he will stay fresh and effective with the reduced touches. And the biggest issue with the Chefs is still a poor OL.

I do agree that Matt Cassel is below average. The Chefs will win just enough games to miss out on the premiere QBs in next year's draft. But with the potential of three very high profile passers coming out, they may be able to get one of the top three guys around #15. My guess right now is that Locker will be the one that slips... Pretty nice prize for them at any rate. Just hoping they continue to win games they shouldn't so that when they finish at 8-8 or 9-7 they find themselves as a team with holes at OL, QB, and receiver and a pick late enough that they can't select any impact players. Continually playing .500 ball makes it very difficult to add top talent/impact players through the draft. We went through that for years and was the reason we were always over paying in FA for punk players. Then again, if you're the Chiefs and picking high, you are probably gonna waste your picks on guys like Ryan Simms, Glen Dorsey, and Tyson Jackson anyway. Their DLine is showing a little life though, so maybe Dorsey and Jackson aren't complete wastes. Certainly not worthy of their draft status though.

If the Chefs were smart they would just stockpile picks in the 2nd round. They have done pretty well with their 2nd rounders.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:11 AM   #12
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
You don't watch a lot of football outside of the Broncos do you? First, the Chefs aren't 0-2... Or was that meant as a joke? 2nd, Thomas Jones is coming off of a 1400 yard year. 3rd, Jamal Charles is more effective coming off the bench as a change of pace back. He is listed at 199 but is probably closer to 185. As the season wears on he will stay fresh and effective with the reduced touches. And the biggest issue with the Chefs is still a poor OL.

I do agree that Matt Cassel is below average. The Chefs will win just enough games to miss out on the premiere QBs in next year's draft. But with the potential of three very high profile passers coming out, they may be able to get one of the top three guys around #15. My guess right now is that Locker will be the one that slips... Pretty nice prize for them at any rate. Just hoping they continue to win games they shouldn't so that when they finish at 8-8 or 9-7 they find themselves as a team with holes at OL, QB, and receiver and a pick late enough that they can't select any impact players. Continually playing .500 ball makes it very difficult to add top talent/impact players through the draft. We went through that for years and was the reason we were always over paying in FA for punk players. Then again, if you're the Chiefs and picking high, you are probably gonna waste your picks on guys like Ryan Simms, Glen Dorsey, and Tyson Jackson anyway. Their DLine is showing a little life though, so maybe Dorsey and Jackson aren't complete wastes. Certainly not worthy of their draft status though.

If the Chefs were smart they would just stockpile picks in the 2nd round. They have done pretty well with their 2nd rounders.
Matt Cassel signed a pretty generous contract for 6 years. Drafting a QB in the 1st, especially if it's a top pick, would be bad in every aspect off the football field.

However the contract seems to be front loaded... so that might be beneficial.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 09-21-2010 at 03:13 AM..
Old 09-21-2010, 03:56 AM   #13
Naggle Nole
Team Intern

Soul Brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
What would the NFL be without the Singletary Stare?
Naggle Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:58 AM   #14
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggle Nole View Post
What would the NFL be without the Singletary Stare?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:14 AM   #15
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Matt Ca$$el's 55.6 QB rating strikes fear in to the entire NFL.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #16
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

So you're saying that the Chiefs should keep Cassel because he's costing them too much. Isn't that the anti-Josh philosophy? Or are you just hoping that they'll keep Cassel because he sucks? Or that Cassel will not be a McD acquisition?
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 AM   #17
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
So you're saying that the Chiefs should keep Cassel because he's costing them too much. Isn't that the anti-Josh philosophy? Or are you just hoping that they'll keep Cassel because he sucks? Or that Cassel will not be a McD acquisition?
I'm not saying they should keep him at all, all I said is that it would be a bad look on Chiefs since he was the guy they wanted after they traded for him and gave him the contract.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

ooops obviously I meant 2-0.

Still I think Charles a special talent. I don't care how big he is. He has a knack for avoiding the big hit. A plan to have another player take the short yardage stuff could be smart, but to put Jones out there over him IMO won't be happening for long.

You say I don't know football but I bet you by end of year Charles is starting and getting most of the carries.

If size is all a runner needed to stay healthy then the big ones at 240 would stay healthy. But because they take so much contact they get banged up. Charles IMO can avoid a ton of contact and make a ton of big big plays. Chiefs would be wise to use him more like Marshall Faulk. The centerpiece of the offense.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #19
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

After Sunday's win, Jamaal Charles acknowledged for the first time that he is the backup to Thomas Jones.
Charles didn't touch the ball until the third series on Sunday and ended up with 11 carries to Jones' 22. "I don't have any complaints," Charles said. "Hey, man, as long as we win games around here, it doesn't matter to me." Coach Todd Haley will eventually realize that his 2-0 record is a mirage and Charles gives the Chiefs the best chance to win. But until that happens, Charles is looking at 12-15 touches a game.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also Broncoman the logic that KC should stockpile 2nd round picks because they have done good with those shows me all I need to know about how you think.

Whatever though i still say Charles can be an everydown back in the NFL. It may be smart for Chiefs to spell him with Jones but there offense about 10 times more potent when Charles in the game.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #21
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

It all depends on how much weight Pioli carries with the team and personnel decisions. He had a major part to play in bringing in Cassell and dropping that boat load of money on him.

To draft a first round QB next year would mean admitting he completely screwed up on Cassell, if he doesn't and Cassell continues to suck then he'll get blasted.

Sucks to be him.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #22
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
In his career Charles has had 20+ carriers 4 times. In those 4 games he averaged 165 yards a game and 7 yards per carry.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #23
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Was anyone else a little jealous of the SF defense last night? Those dudes pack their lunch pails and come ready to work. I have hopes that our defense can be playing like that in another year or two.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #24
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Was anyone else a little jealous of the SF defense last night? Those dudes pack their lunch pails and come ready to work. I have hopes that our defense can be playing like that in another year or two.
I think that's the type of defense Josh McDaniels would truly want. They're extremely physical and they stop the run extremely well. Patrick Willis is a huge part of this, anytime you have the best LB in the game it's going to open everything up for you.

They aren't overly aggressive in their blitzing yet they still create nice pressure...consistently closing the pocket. Yet, they don't have any huge names on the dline, however they're all solid players and they all play physical. During the Seattle game they consistently push the dline backwards it was just nasty.

Justin Smith and Franklin are extremely physical and Ahmed Brooks would be their version of Dumervil.

Willis is their only star player on their defense, and he's easily the best LB in the league. Their secondary doesn't really have too much talent, but they scheme well and play extremely physical football. Nate Clements is not as good as his contract says either. Doesn't have a great rep with Niners fans.

Manusky (their DC) probably has at most 2 more seasons as DC there before he gets a HC job. If 49ers make it into the playoffs this year and win at least 1 game, I think he'll have jobs on the table, no doubt.

I still think Steelers are the best defense in the league ahead of the Jets and 49ers, but these 3 teams are easily the 3 best defenses in the league.

Note though:

That deep route to Meachem probably would have been a completion if it were for the wind in SF.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 09-21-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #25
Phantom
Ring of Famer

Chiefs rely on Def or ST scores and turnovers to win. They could very easily be 0 - 2. That D will get lit up many times before the year is through. I don't see much improvement other than the addition of some speed and some serious homer.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote