The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Default A Feeling Of Team Unity

So one thing I've noticed with this team all preseason is that they seem to have really gelled as a squad. There are a lot of little things. When we score the whole team hustles down to the end-zone to celebrate. The defense is constantly pumping each other up... when someone makes a mistake you see encouragement (Josh's melt-down excluded).

I think it's really cool.

My favorite example from today: When Buckhalter scored the second TD he immediately recognized that Walton had completely dominated that play (and he REALLY did). He practically forces the ball on him.

Call me old fashioned, but seeing our guys out there playing hard and actually pulling for each other is a nice change. I'm not sure we've seen a team pulling together like this since Elway was holding the whole thing together.

*Edit: How the hell do I edit the title?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

TD celebration for Broncos offensive line

from All Things Broncos by Lindsay Jones

After Correll Buckhalter dashed into the end zone for a one-yard score in the second quarter, the first teammate he found was rookie center J.D. Walton.
As Walton tried to start celebrating, Buckhalter shoved the football into Walton’s chest.
Walton appeared confused, wondering what Buckhalter wanted him to do with it. The answer? Spike the darn thing!
Walton threw the ball into the end zone grass and then caught Buckhalter for a celebratory hug.
“I like to let the linemen spike the ball,” Buckhalter said after the game.
Walton, who ended up blocking Seattle’s Lawyer Milloy to the middle of the end zone on the play, said that was the first time he’s ever spiked the football in celebration before.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Totally agree, enjolras. That was one of our major problems the last few years -- who the hell wants to be in a foxhole with Jay Cutler or Brandon Marshall? As talented as they were, they were a bit punky.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I thought the Buckhalter thing was incredibly classy. It was essentially Walton's touchdown, and Buck let him know it. Walton is probably going to get fined by his fellow linemen, but it was worth it.

Apparently Fox had Walton mic'd up for the game. I was wondering why that exchange wasn't replayed. Maybe it will come up on the NFL network highlights or something.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
So one thing I've noticed with this team all preseason is that they seem to have really gelled as a squad. There are a lot of little things. When we score the whole team hustles down to the end-zone to celebrate. The defense is constantly pumping each other up... when someone makes a mistake you see encouragement (Josh's melt-down excluded).

My favorite example from today: When Buckhalter scored the second TD he immediately recognized that Walton had completely dominated that play (and he REALLY did). He practically forces the ball on him.

Call me old fashioned, but seeing our guys out there playing hard and actually pulling for each other is a nice change. I'm not sure we've seen a team pulling together like this since Elway was holding the whole thing together.

You edit the title through the "Edit" tab... then "Go Advanced". Or if you let me know what you want the thread title to be, I can fix it for you.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #6
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I thought the Buckhalter thing was incredibly classy. It was essentially Walton's touchdown, and Buck let him know it. Walton is probably going to get fined by his fellow linemen, but it was worth it.

Apparently Fox had Walton mic'd up for the game. I was wondering why that exchange wasn't replayed. Maybe it will come up on the NFL network highlights or something.
I just re-watched that TD. Walton did just bulldoze 2 guys on the play. Friggin' awesome.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I just re-watched that TD. Walton did just bulldoze 2 guys on the play. Friggin' awesome.
The Seahawks were completely overmatched in that personnel group. Orton recognized it and audibled to take advantage of it. That said, Walton made the play... and Buckhalter made it a point to recognize him for it. I thought it was awesome.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #8
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post

Very excellent point you are 100% correct and I LOVE this about our TEAM too Thank you Josh McDaniels. and Thank you Pat Bowlen
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #9
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
You edit the title through the "Edit" tab... then "Go Advanced". Or if you let me know what you want the thread title to be, I can fix it for you.
I think he wants "I love Josh McDaniels for bringing us a TEAM again..

Just sayin...

BTW Blue don't you think it's about you start enjoying the mane again. I know us old timers would like that.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #10
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think he wants "I love Josh McDaniels for bringing us a TEAM again..

Just sayin...

BTW Blue don't you think it's about you start enjoying the mane again. I know us old timers would like that.
I'll fix the thread title... and can edit it further if it's not the exact wording he wants.

As far as me... well, I've never stopped enjoying the Mane, Baja... I've been pretty much addicted to this place since TJ started it.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #11
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Old 09-20-2010, 02:20 AM   #12
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Video of the Buck/Walton play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...er-1-yd-run-TD
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

I loved how the whole team congratulated Thomas after his TD too. And Thomas' reaction was awesome as well.

Marshall caught a long ball against the Vikes and started running around like a moron, like he won the SB or something. Act like you've done it before dumbass!
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #14
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
TD celebration for Broncos offensive line

from All Things Broncos by Lindsay Jones

After Correll Buckhalter dashed into the end zone for a one-yard score in the second quarter, the first teammate he found was rookie center J.D. Walton.
As Walton tried to start celebrating, Buckhalter shoved the football into Walton’s chest.
Walton appeared confused, wondering what Buckhalter wanted him to do with it. The answer? Spike the darn thing!
Walton threw the ball into the end zone grass and then caught Buckhalter for a celebratory hug.
“I like to let the linemen spike the ball,” Buckhalter said after the game.
Walton, who ended up blocking Seattle’s Lawyer Milloy to the middle of the end zone on the play, said that was the first time he’s ever spiked the football in celebration before.
I didn't even notice that, but that's awesome. Totally agree with OP.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Thank: Orton and McDaniels.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #16
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-1-yard-TD-run
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #17
Popps
It's so easy

Am I missing something or has no one posted "McMessyPants tearing team apart" yet?

Wake up, people.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #18
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
I freakin' love it.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #19
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Am I missing something or has no one posted "McMessyPants tearing team apart" yet?

Wake up, people.
The locker room is divided over the impending QB controversy.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This ship is on course.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #21
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Along the same lines did anyone else see Tebow and another player practicing the "Mile High Salute" on the sidelines during the game? The camera cut to a shot of them and stayed there for a good 15 / 20 seconds.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #22
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Right after I read this, I went to get some lunch.

The guy who works the sub shop in my building is a pretty cool guy, and we always talk about sports. I asked him what he thought of the game yesterday. He said (with some reservation) that it was good. I asked him why he hesitated...

His exact words were "I ****ing hate Josh McDaniels. I hope we go 4-12 so that he gets fired. I hate every single move he's made and I think he destroyed this team. I hate the direction this team is going. I hate how he drafts, and I can't stand the fact that all of his coaches are either ex-Patriots or former Ohio high school coaches"

Wow.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
The way this season has been going with injuries, I'm still amazed that Walton got up (and so quickly) after that one. The way he got nailed in the back of the knees looked bad. Harris would probably be out for a year if he got hit like that.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #24
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Right after I read this, I went to get some lunch.

The guy who works the sub shop in my building is a pretty cool guy, and we always talk about sports. I asked him what he thought of the game yesterday. He said (with some reservation) that it was good. I asked him why he hesitated...

His exact words were "I ****ing hate Josh McDaniels. I hope we go 4-12 so that he gets fired. I hate every single move he's made and I think he destroyed this team. I hate the direction this team is going. I hate how he drafts, and I can't stand the fact that all of his coaches are either ex-Patriots or former Ohio high school coaches"

Wow.
I have a bunch of friends like this too and I don't get it. These same people wanted Shanahan fired. Now they don't give Josh a chance. So who do they want? They'll say something like Carroll or Cowher. I laugh at them.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #25
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The way this season has been going with injuries, I'm still amazed that Walton got up (and so quickly) after that one. The way he got nailed in the back of the knees looked bad. Harris would probably be out for a year if he got hit like that.

Better hope Harris doesn't check in here. If he sees that clip he might be out two more weeks just for watching it.