The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default OT-Need some serious advice

Kind of in a bad way right now...no way around it dont know what to do.
I am 21 and i have a
Suspended Drivers Liscense
Im on probation
Still owe the court money and for probation
No family
No money
No Job, just found one, but its a little late for that at this point.
I sleep on the floor of a friends appartment(this wont last for much longer)

Basically i have nothing, and no one, and i dont know what to do at this point...any advice would be appreciated.

I know this is OT but i really need some advice, thanks.
Boss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Complete your probation and join the service. Hell, they might even call it complete if you enlist.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

You've come to the right place.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Complete your probation and join the service. Hell, they might even call it complete if you enlist.
thats the b**** of it...i was enlisted in the airforce and in the delayed entry program, when i was arrested, and kicked out...
Old 09-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Try the Marines
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Have you thought about moving to South Carolina?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:03 AM   #7
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Make a decision to create a change in your life
You didn't just find yourself here - these were your choices that brought you here.

If you don't do this and and accept responsibility for this you're screwed.

What to do...
Unless you're ready for the street you'd best be supercleaning that apartment daily.
Ask your roomy what can you do to make their life easier. They are doing so for you.
Be the 1st person up and out of there every day - if you're hardly there you're less burden.
Practice good hygiene, get a haircut, shave, wear clean/pressed clothes - how you look reflects how you feel about yourself - fake it til you make it if need be.
Get a bike - you live in Florida for God's sake...
Start working that job and be the best employee they've ever seen. Be 15 min early every day.
Job hunt till you get another FT job and save every penny. You may say " I have no life" Guess what - this is your life!
A 2nd job at a restaraunt means you'll eat. No job is beneath you - wash dishes...
Look for a roomate situation in paper/ craigslist. Discuss with current roomy - they want light at the end of the tunnel.
Join a church - they help their congregation with food, etc... Give back to the church - mow, sweep,whatever...
Kiss the P.O.s ass, do what he says, lay off the drugs/ booze. Make this a priority or he'll pull out the rug. Don't bull**** them - they see it all day!!!!
Surround yourself with like minded friends - aim higher than yourself -overachievers beat out people with potential but no drive...
Lose the entitlement - work every day to better yourself in some way - every day you don't you accept where/ what you are.
Help others, be a friend, give back to the community - you get what you give.
You're 21 dude - pull up the big boy pants and go to work!!!!

Last edited by Cool Breeze; 09-20-2010 at 05:05 AM..
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Boss Man, your situation doesn't sounds as horrible as a lot of people's situations. If those are your only problems, you can get out of that hole quick and be back on your feet. Imagine if you had all those problems and you had a kid on top of that. As of right now it's just you, so you can get by with what ever.

For the time being, like it was stated above, work the hell out of your job. Save money, maybe get a second job, and find a roommate. If you really want to save money, split a single with somebody. I had a co worker a while back who worked during the day and went to school at night. He said it was like living in the dorms. And his rent was really cheap.

While you're getting out of your whole, think about what you're going to do for the rest of your life. What do you want to do? If you need to go to school, financial aid will help. If you really don't want to go to school, you at least need a skill, so a trade school might work. There are so many trades out there that can produce you money. Some manual labor, so more creative, like photography, graphic design, and stuff like that. What ever you decide, make sure it's something that you can make money doing.

You say you have nothing. That's BS. Dude, you're 21! And all you have to do is worry about yourself. You know how awesome that is? Hell man, you've got it made. Just work. You can get by on next to nothing for now. You just need some ambition.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Take a deep breath. All of this is a temporary problem. Work hard. Focus on Cool Breeze's list.

Don't consider Kenny's path as an option. Nothing is insurmountable.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #10
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hear a job as a rough neck in the oil industry in wyoming pays really really well. The work sucks all testes, but then again, you do not have a lot of terrific options knocking at the door.

Just dont meet a waitress with a kid and move in with her.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #11
Meck77

I overheard an old rancher say this to one of his family members earlier this summer who was complaining.

He said "Put your boots on and get to work...The west wasn't won by a bunch of pussies!" -This was directed at his youngest daughter who was about 16 years old.

My advice. It use to be said that one must work harder to get ahead. I'd say work harder but make sure you work smarter as well. Good luck.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-21-2010 at 03:27 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:00 AM   #12
Boomhauer

1) Quit wasting your time here and pawn whatever device your using.
2) Use that time and cash to get your tihs together.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Boss Man, I'm curious, how much in the hole are you really? How much do you owe the court, what's the time frame to pay them, how much do you have to pay to get your DL back (do you just have to pay a fine to get it back), and how much is your job paying you?
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

The computer is pawned...
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You know I would like to know if Bossman is ok. Maybe I am just paranoid but with his post and state the fact he hasn't returned is odd.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Been thinking about this as well Apa.

Bossman...give us a shout out. Where in FLA are you? I will be in Orlando next week and Tampa on Oct 17th. Drop me a PM and I will buy you dinner.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

sorry it took so long to update...been kinda movin around.

to answer some questions, still owe the court/probation about 1500...as far as i know i cant get my liscense back until February, no matter what.

talking to my mom, to see if we can work things out to where i can go live with her.

working a little bit, not much but its better than nothing, trying to save up for a bike, so i can get around better.

looking for more work on a daily basis, no luck as of yet

other than that really not much has changed...im trying to apply a lot of the advice in this thread, but i guess it just takes time.

i do really appreciate the advice thoug.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

update for anyone interested.

situation got worse...i had no where to live, and hadnt slept in a bed for a solid 7 months, so i had to do SOMETHING. My friend in las vegas said if i moved there he could get me a job at a bank, he had an extra room to live in and an extra motorcycle i could ride.

everything he told me fell through, and i now live with strangers off of craigslist, desperatley searching for a job, although tough to do because i have no car i walk around and take busses from sun up to sun down, and in spite of it all i wake up in the middle of the night last night with the flu, throwing up everywhere

not to mention he was the only person i know that lives here, and ive never even been to las vegas...
Old 01-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

dude, seriously, what did you do to get busted...I mean you really might have to just op for army marines, unless whatever happened will keep you from that.

But you got to figure out what you want in life..obviously short term, a job, a place to sleep, a bed...But further than that...go back to school, work somewhere with something. Flying- seems like you like that.

I know that airlines are always looking for baggage handlers, try hotels. Something to get some consistent mula.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #20
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
dude, seriously, what did you do to get busted...I mean you really might have to just op for army marines, unless whatever happened will keep you from that.

But you got to figure out what you want in life..obviously short term, a job, a place to sleep, a bed...But further than that...go back to school, work somewhere with something. Flying- seems like you like that.

I know that airlines are always looking for baggage handlers, try hotels. Something to get some consistent mula.
idk i apply at jobs all day everyday...and cant find anything so far. i would like to go back to school but that seems pretty farfetched at this point, i was in the air force delayed entry program at the time of my arrest(i was arrested for dui, because im an idiot). im praying that they will let me in once im off probation
Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #21
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

When I was in my early 20's i got 3 DUI's and it didn't hamper me getting a job one little bit. Go get a construction job they will hire you as a laborer it's as easy as walking up and saying you want to work
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #22
Grumps
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Man View Post
idk i apply at jobs all day everyday...and cant find anything so far. i would like to go back to school but that seems pretty farfetched at this point, i was in the air force delayed entry program at the time of my arrest(i was arrested for dui, because im an idiot). im praying that they will let me in once im off probation
Go talk to an Army recruiter.
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Sucks to hear this, hope everything works out.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #24
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Hopefully you've got somewhere by now, if not, I hope the following advice helps:

First thing first - you're 21 or maybe 22 by now so you're still young - you've got energy. Be thankful everyday you wake up.

I honestly don't think I or anyone here can give you specific detailed advice that will automatically change you and then off you go in the right direction, understand that. Maybe if they were in a similar space before, but it's unlikely.

It starts with you, and it'll end with you. There is somewhere in this nation, or maybe world, where you can get started. But I'm telling you, it starts with you, deep inside. Something isn't right, honest truth. You've got to understand that.

From the time you made that post till now, it sounds like you've made some money... what happened? Did you have a job? If you did, what happened?

If you're on probation, ask your officer for any advice? Look around you. Army recruiting is always looking, etc... there HAS to be something you can do for someone else.

The thing is this, you've been in this hell hole for 7+ months and not one opportunity has came up? And you're looking every single day? Something isn't right.

You need to also start thinking positive. As positive as can be. Don't be going up to people with a ****ty attitude. Nobody is going to want to hear you. They might feel bad, and help you a little bit but that probably won't get you no where far. You've got to have strong positive energy for people to be interested. Focus on helping other people, not the other way around. Think of things you can do for other people, not other things people can do for you.

Go to the book store and try and read some self help books, Anthony Robbins, or whatever they have. Search online for "Matt Furey" and "Steve Pavlina." Force yourself to read some of it. There have been people that have been to much darker places than you and risen from it, they have the words you need to hear. What you need are blueprints to get out of your hole... so you can see what's possible and what the necessary steps are.

That's all for now... it's a ****ty economy, I know that. However, you've got to work on yourself first... somethings got to change deep inside before you get anywhere that's worth it.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 01-20-2011 at 07:32 AM..
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #25
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130400613