The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default So if McDaniels gets canned - what would the Mane become?

I was thinking about this while looking through the most recent McD thread. Lets say at year's end he's canned and a new coach is brought in (unlikely but just consider it). How does the Mane react?

Do Mock and Jhns suddenty become the world's biggest fanboys for whomever is brought in? Do Tsiguy and Baja instantly hate this new coach and trash everything he does that flies in the face of McD, meanwhile becoming fans of whatever team McD goes to? And does Taco (and others) now hate BOTH McD and the new coach because they're still mad Shanny was fired and think the '08 Broncos were on their way to greatness? Is there any coach that can bring peace? Gary Kubiak? Kyle Shanahan? Would a firing of McD unite the Mane behind the new coach? Or prehaps unite it in hate behind him? It's facinating to consider...
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

The 'Mane will forever be divided. Maybe who's in what camp will change, but for me Cutler vs Plummer, then keep Shanny vs don't keep Shanny after the "keeping slowik" announcement...

When something happens, slowly the groups will form and away we go.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

The more things change regarding the the Broncos the more things stay the same here. People will b**** people will fight and lines will be drawn!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
I was thinking about this while looking through the most recent McD thread. Lets say at year's end he's canned and a new coach is brought in (unlikely but just consider it). How does the Mane react?

Do Mock and Jhns suddenty become the world's biggest fanboys for whomever is brought in? Do Tsiguy and Baja instantly hate this new coach and trash everything he does that flies in the face of McD, meanwhile becoming fans of whatever team McD goes to? And does Taco (and others) now hate BOTH McD and the new coach because they're still mad Shanny was fired and think the '08 Broncos were on their way to greatness? Is there any coach that can bring peace? Gary Kubiak? Kyle Shanahan? Would a firing of McD unite the Mane behind the new coach? Or prehaps unite it in hate behind him? It's facinating to consider...
I can't speak for anyone else but I would begin to manufacture reasons why McFail needed to be fired. Proclaim Pat a gutsy genius. Claim the new coach will be voted coach of the year and go 10 & 6
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post

Well initially it would be like suicide watch I am sure.

Honestly some people are always going to gripe, I am sure a few of the people who dislike Mcdaniels for whatever reason will come around to another coach and jump on the bandwagon. I am sure some of the supporters would be upset too, just like some people were upset with Shanny getting canned.

Honestly, the only coach I think could bring some form of peace would be someone with no NFL ties, if you bring in someone with previous NFL experience there will always be some animosity there, it would be really bad if you brought in someone who has connections to either Shanny or McD, say a Nolan or Kubiak. I suppose hiring Taco as the head coach might get most people (except Popps) on board.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
The more things change regarding the the Broncos the more things stay the same here. People will b**** people will fight and lines will be drawn!
It is interesting to speculate how the groups will divide though, imagine a guy like tsi not spewing sunshine and butterflies about every single move the team makes or someone like punisher actually finding the will to live again.

Try to imagine which camp you will be in and who might be there with you.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Happy?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
lookin' glass
Pro Bowler

Mickless?!?
lookin' glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Could it really become a bigger crap hole than it is now No wonder so many of the old school posters have left.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Could it really become a bigger crap hole than it is now No wonder so many of the old school posters have left.
Remember, no matter how bad things smell now, it can always get worse.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I suppose hiring Taco as the head coach might get most people (except Popps) on board.

Socal would be Offensive Coordinator. Mediator12 defensive coordinator. Kaylore gets offensive line coach. Popps gets Dline coach.

We'll take a poll to determine our draft and free agent priorities. It'll be a Broncos utopia.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #13
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post

I'm beginning to wonder why the **** I ever ventured in here, and why I stayed.

...and to answeer your question: YES it can.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Bill Cowhers anyone?
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A gutless and drunk question!
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Oh man that's a terrible thought to ponder... It's a fantastic thread idea, and I can't wait to watch this one. Label me as "no comment" and let's hope he really gets the staff and the team in order and the Denver Broncos become a well oiled machine by Sunday.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #18
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Socal would be Offensive Coordinator. Mediator12 defensive coordinator. Kaylore gets offensive line coach. Popps gets Dline coach.

We'll take a poll to determine our draft and free agent priorities. It'll be a Broncos utopia.
He'd try and trade for Cutler back. Nooooooooooooooo!!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm not sure why anyone thinks any of this is new. Back when we opened, the fan base was split on Griese, and argued incessantly about it then. Then it was Plummer. Then it was Coyer. Now it's Josh.

Posters come and go. The log out button is easy to access for anyone who thinks this place isn't worth their time. Whenever someone complains about this place, they just come across as an internet lightweight.

The only real differenve between earlier times and now is that we're in the middle of the worst losing streak in Orange Mane history. I'm not sure why anyone would imagine that this place would be smiley and happy through it.

Suck it up whiners. This community will get through this era, win or lose, and will survive to argue about the next one.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

LULZ nice pic
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
I'm not sure why anyone thinks any of this is new. Back when we opened, the fan base was split on Griese, and argued incessantly about it then. Then it was Plummer. Then it was Coyer. Now it's Josh.

Posters come and go. The log out button is easy to access for anyone who thinks this place isn't worth their time. Whenever someone complains about this place, they just come across as an internet lightweight.

The only real differenve between earlier times and now is that we're in the middle of the worst losing streak in Orange Mane history. I'm not sure why anyone would imagine that this place would be smiley and happy through it.

Suck it up whiners.
Winning cures everything!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #22
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:

Suck it up whiners.
Pretty much.

People are always gonna be on one side of the fence or another. Except me. I'm one even-keeled mother trucker.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #23
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Winning cures everything!
Not really, You had a bunch of McDaniels haters waiting for us to lose last year when we started.

TJ... log out this biotch.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I've often thought what it would have been like if the Mane was around when Reeves drafted Maddox.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #25
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Suck it up whiners. This community will get through this era, win or lose, and will survive to argue about the next one.
This
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote