The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Seattle?

Eh...it's Thursday already and I've not seen anything posted in here yet about our upcoming opponent. Can someone who lives up there or maybe follows them closely give us a breakdown on what we can expect Sunday? Time to move on from the Jax game...
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Home opener, San Fran were good last week the Seahawks weren't great. No mistakes and win the turnover battle and we will absolutely BATTER them. And I'll be there.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
orange skier
Who is Josh McDaniels ?

Protect "The Neck"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Alex Gibbs

Broncos are 3.5 point favorites...........they like us in Vegas..........
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I watched the SEA game with eyes toward this weekends matchup. Here are some notes:

1. SF kicked SEA's ass in the first half on both sides of the ball. However, they failed to put SEA away kicking FG's and even turning the ball over on downs after a 15 play 89 yard drive. Then , the next drive they stalled again and kicked a FG to get 6 whole points on half's worth of dominance.

2. SEA was opportunistic and got a late TD to go ahead with about 2minutes left in the half and was winning a game they were getting beaten badly in plays. Then, Alex Smith threw a pick when they should have been running the clock out and SEA scored a TD on the next play.

3. SEA made excellent half time adjustments in the lockerroom and even better executed them in the seond half. SF was shellshocked and never recovered once they gave the lead up. 1st half TOP SF: 22:03 SEA: 7:57 2cd Half TOP SF: 10:42 SEA: 19:18.

4. SEA did a good job on Crabtree. They took him out of the game and Played GORE amazingly well on the ground. Their defense was shaky at first but settled down and played like USC's defense after a while. Very aggressive and taking away what you do best.

5. SEA's offense was shaky to be nice, but SF's D is for real too. They match up real well to the Zone blocking scheme SEA uses now. Their running game looked as apathetic as DEN's an their OL was not getting push at the zone POA's. HAsselback threw an early pick, but settled down and played very efficient after that. Their WR's struggled to get open and SF had good pressure all day to help that. The result was only 246 yards on 47 plays.

Thoughts on this weeks game:

1. The Defense needs to play sound and they can contain the SEA offense. There are no apparent matchups that SEA wants to exploit IMHO. Just a balanced offense with no real playmakers. SEA's points all came off TO's last week and one 57 yard drive.

2. The offense needs to spread out SEA's defense and run the ball early to see if they can matchup. This fits what DEN likes to do offensively anyway, so this is a huge bonus. SEA's LB core is their strength, plus their DT's. So, they need to find a way to keep those personnel out of the play. Look for a lot of 3WR and 4 WR sets and off tackle runs and iso runs early IMHO.

3. It will be nice to play them at home too. Qwest is a very loud stadium, and it really hurt SF last week with snap counts. SEA will not get that advantage in DEN.

4. I just hope the players in DEN respond to losing with a chip on their shoulder. They have the ability to win this game, but they must execute faster this week than they did in JAX. They played real slow, and not very aggressive on both sides of the ball.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Wink and McD need to dial up the blitz against the Seattle. They lost LG Max Unger to injury, Tyler Polumbus is the starting LT!!!!! And they have 1 our 2 others guys along the line that aren't the normal starters. We can't let Matt Hasselback sit in the pocket and get comfortable. He will throw a few INT's if we can get pressure in his face. Bring DJ on blitz's and let him use his athletic ability to wreck havoc in there.

Offensively I hope we try and run the ball down their throats. They are an undersized Dline that reminds me of a Mike Shanahan quick defense.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #6
WyoLaw
Pheasant Tail

We need one of those look-alike threads.
WyoLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Med I saw the game too, and I think you're right on with all but one observation ... you, like all the national media, seem to be too down on the Seahawks' offense.

No traditional workhorse RB, and a couple linemen out for the short-term, but other than that, the offense is good.

I think people have written Hasselbeck's obituary too soon. He is healthy now, and as always he's an accurate passer.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Med I saw the game too, and I think you're right on with all but one observation ... you, like all the national media, seem to be too down on the Seahawks' offense.

No traditional workhorse RB, and a couple linemen out for the short-term, but other than that, the offense is good.

I think people have written Hasselbeck's obituary too soon. He is healthy now, and as always he's an accurate passer.
Buff, in my case it's about watching all 32 Offenses this past week. And then, they are in the middle 20's to me. They did not play well early or overall last week. In fact, the only thing they did well was convert third downs in the seond half.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

We can't let Hasselbeck stand in the pocket and make multiple reads or he will kill us. They have a patch-work line and only rushed for 77 yards last week. So without Doom our only hope is to blitz.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #10
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

I hate myself for thinking it, but whoever lines up across from Hamilton is going to bury him :S Pretty sure even McBean can take him.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote