The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 04:47 AM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default The Orton INT

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...rs-defense-INT

Watching the replay you can see he missed a wide open Jabar to the left of Royal (I think Willis was open too on the right) when he chose to through to Royal in double coverage.

He stared the hell out of Royal before he threw it too.

Anyone else see this?
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...rs-defense-INT

Watching the replay you can see he missed a wide open Jabar to the left of Royal (I think Willis was open too on the right) when he chose to through to Royal in double coverage.

He stared the hell out of Royal before he threw it too.

Anyone else see this?
Did you also see Kampman running right on his ass as he threw it?

Yes Gaffney opened up and he should have made the play, however that oline was broken all day... must have really felt Kampman coming in.

That's what a good pass rush does for you, forcing QB's to make quick decisions and hopefully makes mistakes like those.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Yeah, if Orton threw it to Gaffney down the sideline when he threw it to Royal, probably a completion.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #4
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

It was one of many bad plays. I'm not going to bag on Orton for it. One, it was desperation time with the clock running out (0:53) and the Jags absolutely were ready for the play not the same as at the end of the first half. Two, the oline didn't help enough all day. Three, many events earlier in the game could have made this attempt unnecessary.

If we were watching Cutler make this same play (same situation), I think that MVP (and many others bag heavily on him.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #5
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

I've said it since the beginning. Orton picks his receiver before the snap and rarely deviates. It's one of his biggest flaws... there were numerous plays on Monday where Orton missed the ide open receiver...
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
It was one of many bad plays. I'm not going to bag on Orton for it. One, it was desperation time with the clock running out (0:53) and the Jags absolutely were ready for the play not the same as at the end of the first half. Two, the oline didn't help enough all day. Three, many events earlier in the game could have made this attempt unnecessary.

If we were watching Cutler make this same play (same situation), I think that MVP (and many others bag heavily on him.
The problem is, Cutler does it consistently.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 AM   #7
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
I've said it since the beginning. Orton picks his receiver before the snap and rarely deviates. It's one of his biggest flaws... there were numerous plays on Monday where Orton missed the ide open receiver...
When Orton has protection, he's able to scan the field. He doesn't lock onto one receiver, watch Jay Cutler even when had the best pass blocking oline in the league in 08. That's locking onto a WR.

When you're getting no time in the pocket, it's really hard to scan the field.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #8
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

See what I mean...it's like they (MVp) can't help themselves.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #9
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Orton doesn't get time because he hasn't learned to step into a pocket. I'm pretty sure it was the first sack that is a great example of this. If he had tacken two steps forward, he would have had 3-5 more seconds as it was wide open field.

As for him doing it less than Cutler. That is a good joke. Cutler threw to the defense once on a third and long. Orton hit multiple defenders in both hands this last game. Cutler was one of the best QBs of the weekend and he really didn't have a line, unlike Orton who is just making the lines job hard.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:01 AM   #10
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Orton doesn't get time because he hasn't learned to step into a pocket. I'm pretty sure it was the first sack that is a great example of this. If he had tacken two steps forward, he would have had 3-5 more seconds as it was wide open field.

As for him doing it less than Cutler. That is a good joke. Cutler threw to the defense once on a third and long. Orton hit multiple defenders in both hands this last game. Cutler was one of the best QBs of the weekend and he really didn't have a line, unlike Orton who is just making the lines job hard.
Not when the RT is getting beat. Orton did well Sunday. The defense has to do better as the offense was the most successful unit out there on Sunday.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #11
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
When Orton has protection, he's able to scan the field. He doesn't lock onto one receiver, watch Jay Cutler even when had the best pass blocking oline in the league in 08. That's locking onto a WR.

When you're getting no time in the pocket, it's really hard to scan the field.
Dude, not once did I see Orton scanning the field. BS!
He locks onto receivers like a pitbul on a leg.
Instead of defending him, acknowledge the issues this team has.
You're always seem to look for the silver lining on a black cloud.
The point on the Orton INT was that we needed 3 yards, did we not?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:07 AM   #12
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow, a thread dedicated to the one Orton interception. I guess he's expected to throw 40 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. 17 other QB's threw interceptions too. It happens.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:08 AM   #13
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I think the Buckhalter fumble was a little more concerning to me. Kyle played a pretty good game and certainly wasn't our weak link last Sunday.

As stated before, give Orton time without a D-end breathing down his throat and he will have a tremendous year.

What we really need is one of our running backs to dig a little deeper and bust a few big plays.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #14
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

The safety, #37, was baiting Orton into looking Gaffney's way and would've likely picked anything other than a comeback route off. And Gaffney was not running a comeback route.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #15
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Looked to me like the safety was baiting him into throwing to Gaffney.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #16
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
This is such unbelievable bull****. I mean it's unreal.

Anyone else notice the safety help coming over the top to get to Gaffney? Which would have ended the play in the same way? How about the fact that Orton threw that probably two seconds earlier than it was designed, which is why Royal hadn't made his cut yet. Anyone?

This is why the mane is so funny. "HE PICKS HIS RECEIVER AND THROWS! HE DIDN'T LOOK DOWNFIELD! HIS 8TH OPTION WAS COMING OPEN!" He had no time, fellas. Good grief. The pass he delivered was on the spot, but early. Period. He saw Royal, the man covering him, and thought it had the chance. He didn't see the LB underneath. He made that decision in an 8th of a second. Give the guy some credit.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #17
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Not when the RT is getting beat. Orton did well Sunday. The defense has to do better as the offense was the most successful unit out there on Sunday.
I agree the defense needs more work but both units need to improve. It also wasn't all on the RT. At least not on the sack I was talking about. Orton had a wide open pocket and sat 20 feet behind the line so that the tackle had no way of pushing the end around him. Maybe it was only a couple times though. I am planning on watching the game again tonight so I will pay attention to this and see.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #18
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Next we're going to hear that Orton's no good because he never takes calculated risks with the ball. With time running down, a blitz in his face, safety help over the top, making a quick decision... he made a calculated risk with the ball. It didn't work out. It doesn't always.

But in that moment, he didn't have time for debate, or to start a poll on the Mane. He needed to get the ball out quickly and give his receiver (who again, I point out, had not made his cut yet) a chance to make a play.

That's what a quarterback is supposed to do.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #19
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Has anyone ever considered that open receivers are much easier to see from the view of the TV camera?

Nah of course not.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:57 AM   #20
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I suggest you look at the TD pass then....

at it was more than 3 yards.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #21
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post

No.

We needed 64 yards in 53 seconds.

On a 2nd down and 10 to go.

Where do you get 3 yards?
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #22
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I think the Buckhalter fumble was a little more concerning to me. Kyle played a pretty good game and certainly wasn't our weak link last Sunday.

As stated before, give Orton time without a D-end breathing down his throat and he will have a tremendous year.

What we really need is one of our running backs to dig a little deeper and bust a few big plays.
Buck's entire play was concerning, hoping it's just some rust.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #23
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why Orton threw a pick, like no other QB's do this. Heck, Cutler still has fans around here, yet led the league in picks and threw another Sunday. I am more troubled by the o-line than an interception, which many cases is what leads to picks in the first place.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #24
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Anyone else notice the safety help coming over the top to get to Gaffney? Which would have ended the play in the same way? How about the fact that Orton threw that probably two seconds earlier than it was designed, which is why Royal hadn't made his cut yet. Anyone?
Yes. The safety would have made a play. The interception sucked, and Orton definitey forced it to Royal, but Gaffney was not "wide open".
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #25
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Next we're going to hear that Orton's no good because he never takes calculated risks with the ball. With time running down, a blitz in his face, safety help over the top, making a quick decision... he made a calculated risk with the ball. It didn't work out. It doesn't always.

But in that moment, he didn't have time for debate, or to start a poll on the Mane. He needed to get the ball out quickly and give his receiver (who again, I point out, had not made his cut yet) a chance to make a play.

That's what a quarterback is supposed to do.
half these ****ing morons here watch the ****ing game , dont know what in the hell they are watching , they do know the difference in offense and defense , and know what penalties are , so they are experts on the game ...... Of course on Kyles pick , the Jags lines in in a zone type of defense ( was expecting blitz) , and went to man ........I remember seeing that defense and saying work the seem , they are giving us the middle of the field ....... oh well live and learn
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote