The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default The Seahawks

This game might bring back memories of an old AFC West rival, Warren Moon, Steve Largent and Brian Bosworth. This Seahawks team, by all pre-season accounts, was supposed to be the doormat of the NFC West and SF was supposed to take the division in a walk. And it looked like that's what would be the case when, in their first play from scrimmage, Hasselbeck threw an INT. But after that, it was the Niners that came unwound and the Seahawks regrouped, came together, and kicked their asses, 31-6. The Hawks defense kept the Niners offense out of the EZ.

They shut down Frank Gore and the running game and held Vernon Davis and his fat, new contract to embarrassing numbers. This Hawks team seems to have bought into the Pete Carroll enthusiasm. Many in the NFL thought they were nuts when the Hawks cut Housh(wtf) but now it appears that Mike Williams is looking like the player everybody thought he'd be the first time around. Carroll had so much faith in Williams that he put Golden Tate on the bench as a healthy scratch. Okung is probably still out this week, and Polumbus will probably be at LT, but he did a good job on Sunday.

Many in the league thought the Seahawks were nuts when they brought in Schneider and Carroll, who then proceeded to chop the roster up, which is why they got the cellar rating to start the season. That assessment may be premature, although how much credit can you give them for beating up on the Niners?

Anyway, what looked like an easy game when the schedule was posted now has a different feel. You can make fun of Pete Carroll all you want, but right now, he has the Seahawks believing in themselves, in him and in the new program. Hasselbeck had an excellent game and is a solid, old vet. He finished the SF game 18-for-23 for 170 yards and two scores for a 108.3 passer rating. This game will not be a walk for the Broncos. The Seahawks are fired up after this first win and are coming into Denver with some new-found confidence in their new coach and their new program.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

booo!...the anniversary of Cutler's unsuccessful home debut and the end of the Al Wilson era.

I've always hated the seahawks
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This game might bring back memories of an old AFC West rival, Warren Moon, Steve Largent and Brian Bosworth. This Seahawks team, by all pre-season accounts, was supposed to be the doormat of the NFC West and SF was supposed to take the division in a walk. And it looked like that's what would be the case when, in their first play from scrimmage, Hasselbeck threw an INT. But after that, it was the Niners that came unwound and the Seahawks regrouped, came together, and kicked their asses, 31-6. The Hawks defense kept the Niners offense out of the EZ.

They shut down Frank Gore and the running game and held Vernon Davis and his fat, new contract to embarrassing numbers. This Hawks team seems to have bought into the Pete Carroll enthusiasm. Many in the NFL thought they were nuts when the Hawks cut Housh(wtf) but now it appears that Mike Williams is looking like the player everybody thought he'd be the first time around. Carroll had so much faith in Williams that he put Golden Tate on the bench as a healthy scratch. Okung is probably still out this week, and Polumbus will probably be at LT, but he did a good job on Sunday.

Many in the league thought the Seahawks were nuts when they brought in Schneider and Carroll, who then proceeded to chop the roster up, which is why they got the cellar rating to start the season. That assessment may be premature, although how much credit can you give them for beating up on the Niners?

Anyway, what looked like an easy game when the schedule was posted now has a different feel. You can make fun of Pete Carroll all you want, but right now, he has the Seahawks believing in themselves, in him and in the new program. Hasselbeck had an excellent game and is a solid, old vet. He finished the SF game 18-for-23 for 170 yards and two scores for a 108.3 passer rating. This game will not be a walk for the Broncos. The Seahawks are fired up after this first win and are coming into Denver with some new-found confidence in their new coach and their new program.
Yah, I thought this hawks team was not going to be good. Supposedly the 9ers have a real good defense too. Not sure if this was just a bad game for the 9ers or if the hawks are really that good.

Broncos need to bring their A game this coming Sunday...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

I watched part of their game yesterday, Ben Hamilton had to come in because their LG went down, and he continued to struggle mightily, it was sad to see

I am going to maintain for at least one more week my opinion that they're not nearly as good as the pundits' offseason opnion articles insist. The niners are garbage, can't read too much into beating them. I just can't accept that Pete Carroll can coach in the nfl. Let's hope nothing happens next sunday to sway my opinion
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Like I said in one of the other threads, the Broncos are 14-1 in their last 15 home openers. I'm not worried in the least.

Broncos by 17.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

They looked alright, but I felt it was more a combination of playing over their heads at home and the 49ers proceeding to crap the bed. You'd hate to have a "must win" game this early in the season, but this is a must win for the Broncos at home.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'll be honest. I always thought Seahawks fans were like Charger fans, only dumber.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Say what you want about Carroll and his motivational shenanigans, but that guy is still a very capable defensive coordinator. This game is not going to be a walk in the park, by any stretch.

That said, the Colts don't look nearly as formidable as they have in the past.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
NASurfer
orange/blue

Hungry Playmaker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I'll be honest. I always thought Seahawks fans were like Charger fans, only dumber.
they are pretty similar.

To be fair though there's a good percentage that have moved on and don't see us as rivals anymore and like talking football.
NASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Knowing Pete Carroll, I expect him to lay on a very heavy pass rush.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #11
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Knowing Pete Carroll, I expect him to lay on a very heavy pass rush.
You know Pete Carroll? That's awesome.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

I watched the game.

Seahawks were pretty much getting shut down by the Niners until they shot themselves in the foot (the Niners). Niners have real good run defense and it showed up...however Alex Smith really let them down with his poor play.

Seahawks are probably better than you thought they were, but not as good as you think they are right now. Probably the best way to describe it.

The game was really decided by a few huge plays (the double moves,interceptions).

There was 1 int for a TD and another that put the ball almost at the 10.

Any given week a team can perform well if you don't prepare- but don't get overexcited by the score you see in the Niners game.

Alex Smith just sucks.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #13
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

What I noticed from the little of the game I saw... the Seahawks sucked, the Niners sucked a whole lot more.

And Seattle fans are a heck of a lot better than Charger fans, they are pretty knowledgeable, passionate and sell out their games. The 12th man is alive and well in the PacNW.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #14
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Seattle was thriving on their D and the 12th man. Offensively they didn't do much, but they didn't make the mistakes that SF did, and they capitalised when they got Turnovers. SF had lots of chances to take control of the game early, and just plain blew it repeatedly. Once the Seahawks got up
their D just Teed off and Smith just wilted.....

We should be able to shut down their run game....

We need to get up on them early (what should have happened yesterday) and we should be able to control them once we know they will pass.

Blitzes will be a big part of the game. Keeping Orton upright is going to be essential.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #15
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Well I certainly don't see anyone on their D line as good as Aaron Kampman, so that's a start.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #16
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Like I said in one of the other threads, the Broncos are 14-1 in their last 15 home openers. I'm not worried in the least.

Broncos by 17.
Well, winning game one last year...and the five after did us no good. Maybe, a loss isn't so bad...as long as they don't keep coming!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #17
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

If we are going back to the "Old days" it would be Jim Zorn throwing to Steve Largent.

No metion of Lawrence McCutcheon at RB either.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
If we are going back to the "Old days" it would be Jim Zorn throwing to Steve Largent.

No metion of Lawrence McCutcheon at RB either.
I can only remember Lawrence McCutcheon as a Ram.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #19
Naggle Nole
Team Intern

Soul Brotha

I am not old enough for the Steve Largent days
I only "remember" him as a congressman

I am more familiar with the Sam Adams, Cortez Kennedy type Seahawks when they were the divisional doormat
Naggle Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #20
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

How about Curt Warner?
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

One of my favorite Elway stories: Shawn Springs told the story that in his first year with Seattle as a CB he was playing in his first game against the Broncos. The D coordinator had called a disguised corner blitz so Shawn was supposed to hold his position and not give it away. Elway started calling his pre-snap cadence and gave a little extra "Hut!" and Shawn said he barely moved, but Elway looked over at him and winked, and then called an audible. Just messed with his mind.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #22
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

There was a thread not to long ago on this board where the discussion was the 49s would own that division easily I brought up the fact the still have alex smith and it appears for once in I was right.

He is down right awful. If Alex Smith was a horse they would just put him down to end his misery.

The 9's could have taken the crowd and the seahawks out of that game easily and been up 17 -0 easily but Alex Smith **** the bed.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #23
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Ayers is going to have a multiple sack game, Polumbus is starting at LT and Hamilton is starting at LG.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Ayers is going to have a multiple sack game, Polumbus is starting at LT and Hamilton is starting at LG.
This should be true. I hope Wink puts in far more aggressive packages than he did on Sunday. It's not like Hasselbeck is exactly a friggin gazelle.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

Broncos by 17.
screw that, Broncos in a shutout win by 35.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote