The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #26
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
-2 and 9 in their last 11 meaningful games.
-An Old Front 4 on defense
-And even OLDER back 4 on defense
-An Offense that has regressed from 23 points per game in 2008, to 20 and now 17 (We had better get used to that)

Is 4-12 enough for Bowlen to admit his mistake?
If they had scored 23 today, would they have won?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #27
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
If they had scored 23 today, would they have won?
In 2007 we averaged 20 per game. In 2008 23. We could fairly speculate that we would be averaging around 25-26 with Cutler, Shanny and BMarsh

What does not need speculation is that we have regressed under this regime on the side of the ball that this regime 'made their hay' on.
His system is NOT greater than the sum of the players he has executing it on the field. And for that he is ultimately responsible.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #28
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I hear ya Rev, not a fun loss. They never are. But we had a far less than 100% Clady, no Harris, a rusty Moreno and Buckhalter, the untimely Beadles hold, the Buckhalter fumble, the McBean 30 yards in penalties in one drive, and brutal weather to deal with, among other things. Lots of excuses but this team just isn't talented enough to overcome all of those things. Far from our worst loss but definitely disappointing.
I think this is the best post of the thread, so I'll reply to this one.

I totally agree about our OL injuries and some instances where the ball just didn't bounce our way.

But the most embarrassing part for me was our new "beefed up and physical" defense getting absolutely worked all day long.

Our DL looked bad. Our LBs looked poor. Our secondary looked it's age.

And I'm sorry, but Orton did NOT look good.

The weather was not a factor. It was retardedly hot in the first half, but we held up well in the heat and it was PERFECTLY nice and cool for the ENTIRE second half when everything fell to pieces after a nice halftime break in the shade and a chance to rehydrate. Sorry, that excuse doesn't work today.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #29
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
In 2007 we averaged 20 per game. In 2008 23. We could fairly speculate that we would be averaging around 25-26 with Cutler, Shanny and BMarsh

What does not need speculation is that we have regressed under this regime on the side of the ball that this regime 'made their hay' on.
His system is NOT greater than the sum of the players he has executing it on the field. And for that he is ultimately responsible.
You still didn't answer the question, but I'll play along. Who, out of all available coaches [available - don't say Cowher or Gruden, they don't want back in], would you prefer coach this team? And what offensive pedigree might he bring that would put up 25+ points/game?
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #30
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
If by "Absolute Embarassing" you meant this thread, than yes you got it.
Well said. /Thread.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #31
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I dont know, the disaster at Ford Field was the most embarrassing loss I can remember especially since that was Detroits last win before their incredible run of incompetency started and Cutler **** his pants in that game.

THAT was an embarrassing loss.

I picked us to lose this game. Call me a sucker, but we suck in Florida in December, we have a revolving door on the Offensive Line, we lost Dumervile. The fact that we were in the game and played MOSTLY well was about as good as outcome as I expected given the circumstances with our team.

Rev's clearly been drinking. He doesnt usually melt down like this.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #32
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

I totally agree about our OL injuries and some instances where the ball just didn't bounce our way.

But the most embarrassing part for me was our new "beefed up and physical" defense getting absolutely worked all day long.

The weather was not a factor. It was retardedly hot in the first half, but we held up well in the heat and it was PERFECTLY nice and cool for the ENTIRE second half when everything fell to pieces after a nice halftime break in the shade and a chance to rehydrate. Sorry, that excuse doesn't work today.
You couldn't be more wrong about Orton but thats expected with what you want to happen! The rest is pretty accurate.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #33
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:

I'm not sure you know what you're watching.

The DL did alright. The biggest run MJD ripped off was 18 yards, 1 better than Moreno's longest. The LBs looked poor? Are you including DJ Williams and Ayers in this group? I'll give you any LB that tried to cover a TE. The corners played well. Did you miss Bailey out there? Did you catch their #1 WR having 0 catches today? And please explain how Orton looked bad. I'm not seeing it and I'm not alone in this.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #34
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
I'm not sure you know what you're watching.

The DL did alright. The biggest run MJD ripped off was 18 yards, 1 better than Moreno's longest. The LBs looked poor? Are you including DJ Williams and Ayers in this group? I'll give you any LB that tried to cover a TE. The corners played well. Did you miss Bailey out there? Did you catch their #1 WR having 0 catches today? And please explain how Orton looked bad. I'm not seeing it and I'm not alone in this.
Eh Bailey got smoked on two plays, but he made some others in coverage and in run support.

I just dont know what Rev is talking about on bagging on Orton. He must just want to see more Tebow.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #35
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Concerning but sadly not terribly surprising if we're realistic about it. You need to build through the draft and supplement through FA and we've been mostly forced to do the opposite. Other than Ayers not a lot to build on. And then you exacerbate the problem by losing Doom for the year. Sucks. Now you're getting me depressed...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #36
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I actually agree with you everywhere but here. It is a FACT that Orton was the best player on the field today. He was sharp on short AND long passes, which was the big criticism on him. What more did you expect? 100% completion percentage? You're being dumb. Orton made a fool of you today with his excellent play, which you claimed he wouldn't do in the offseason. Sorry, you embarrased yourself. FACT.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #37
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

Yeah because Cutler has shown he is pure awesome under other coaching.

Douche left, get over it. He wanted out and so did Marshall, **** em.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #38
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Orton played pretty well for most of the game. But that 2 minute offense at the end of the game was disaster and that was on him. They wasted almost 40 seconds after dumb ass screen play and he never got the team moving like he should have.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #39
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

The only rub on Orton is he needs step up his game in the 4th quarter. we bronco fans are still spoiled by Elway
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #40
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Wow.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #41
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Yeah because Cutler has shown he is pure awesome under other coaching.

Douche left, get over it. He wanted out and so did Marshall, **** em.
I know. Cutler had another mistkae prone medicore game today. Cue Rev's breathless defense of Cutler's showing which was worse than Orton's. In fact, Orton has been the better QB of the two since the trade. Rev won't except that ,but it is an objective fact.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #42
scttgrd
Just treading water

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall

This team as well as most of the posters are sad. If you think we are working towards the playoffs you have a screw loose.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #43
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

2 things: how do you guys not remember getting DESTROYED by san diego to win the division, not to mention the lions stacking 40 on this team, at invesco, just a few years ago?

another, orton was really good today. he was playing behind a shaky oline, and on 2 of his sacks he held the ball too long, but he played really good and his long ball was money today.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #44
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Concerning but sadly not terribly surprising if we're realistic about it. You need to build through the draft and supplement through FA and we've been mostly forced to do the opposite. Other than Ayers not a lot to build on. And then you exacerbate the problem by losing Doom for the year. Sucks. Now you're getting me depressed...
On a team with many needs, you gotta trade a 2, 3, and a 4 for a project...

With all the high picks the Broncos have gotten from trades the last two years, they should've been going for volume.

Not high school crushes.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #45
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It amazes me that some people genuinely want us to do poorly so McD gets fired instead of him do well and prove that they were wrong, not you Rev but a lot of people in this thread seem to have that sentiment. He's the coach of our team, if you're a really fan you'd gladly be wrong if that meant us winning and McD succeeding.

Back on topic, I think there were some coaching mistake, but not as many as you think. Having ten men on the field was a huge one, as well as our ST getting gashed. These are coaching mistakes but not necessarily McD's personal mistakes, although blame does fall on him.

I thought most of the mistakes were on the players. Stupid penalties (holding near the end zone, two face masks in a row, etc..) and the fumble is what killed us. While our defense didn't look fantastic, it wasn't miserable. Our run D did fairly well against one of the most dangerous players in the game. The only really glaring deficiency I saw was the lack of pass rush, that's just a talent issue. I do think Ayers is light years better than last year. He got a good sack on a spin move and didn't rely on a bull rush.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #46
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

How on Earth can this loss be more embarrassing than the loss last year at home vs the Faid where we made Russell look like Montana. At least Gerrard is a probowl QB and MJD is one of the best rbs in the entire league.

And I'm confused about the "cool in the 2nd half" comments. The announcers posted the temp AFTER the rain delay and it was still well over 90 degrees with a high heat index. I obviously wasn't there, but I have to trust them on that one. Maybe being wet and, with the wind, you personally felt cooler....
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #47
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Yea... the loss wasn't that embarrassing. We lost by a TD.

Kyle looked great.

We look like a team missing key players and making mistakes.

Really not all that shocking.
Why are you even posting? You can't talk sense into these guys. Don't waste your time.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #48
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I dont know, the disaster at Ford Field was the most embarrassing loss I can remember especially since that was Detroits last win before their incredible run of incompetency started and Cutler **** his pants in that game.

THAT was an embarrassing loss.

I picked us to lose this game. Call me a sucker, but we suck in Florida in December, we have a revolving door on the Offensive Line, we lost Dumervile. The fact that we were in the game and played MOSTLY well was about as good as outcome as I expected given the circumstances with our team.

Rev's clearly been drinking. He doesnt usually melt down like this.
I have absolutely been drinking and no, I really never melt down.

Fact remains, we have a stacked and deep receiving corps against an extremely poor Jaguars secondary.

What were the results? They jumped short routes all day and forced not only many incompletions but also some quick coverage sacks because, in 100% honesty, Kyle WILL NOT threaten teams deep. I'm sick of it.

I'm sick of teams squatting on 5 yard outs and jumping quick slants.

I'm sick of a QB only willing to go past the intermediate range once every 3 weeks.

This has to end or our season is legitimately over. Sorry, that's just facts. Our defense CLEARLY isn't carrying this team like it did last season.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #49
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I feel like we stepped on our own *****. Beadles holds on a play where the runner is already down field past him a converted first down run goes to 3rd and 11. Then Buckhalter gives the ball to them on their own 20. Those two drives both likely end in at least field goals and that's your ball game. And that doesn't even include McBean deciding facemasks are fun to grab over and over again.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #50
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
How on Earth can this loss be more embarrassing than the loss last year at home vs the Faid where we made Russell look like Montana. At least Gerrard is a probowl QB and MJD is one of the best rbs in the entire league.

And I'm confused about the "cool in the 2nd half" comments. The announcers posted the temp AFTER the rain delay and it was still well over 90 degrees with a high heat index. I obviously wasn't there, but I have to trust them on that one. Maybe being wet and, with the wind, you personally felt cooler....
Definitely wrong. It hit 70s in the second half.