The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default About what I expected

Broncos played hard like they always do. Some of there players pretty good but really now stars outside Dawkins and Bailey.

Broncos will play these really avg to crappy teams, like Jags, tough and probably win 5-6 of them.

Broncos just have no play makers at RB. True the blocking not stellar but also no one that really can make people miss or hit a home run. The WR are a nice group but Orton is only good not great. He would need something at TE and RB to really have a good offense.

Also to cap it all off the oline has some real problems with Harris out.

Defensively the Broncos still give up big plays deep down the middle of the field. Also they still let the TE go off.
Jags oline nothing special and they weren't really getting to Gerrard. I measly sack and a couple pressures with no forced turnovers against this offense is really bad. Sure the defensive coaching seems sound, Williams and Haggan pretty good at stopping run but MJD still hits 100 yrds.

Many will probably say we turned ball over, we were on road, not a bad loss, and you could be right....but IMO Jags one of the worst teams on our schedule. IMO Jags will get blown out soon. Who do they play next week.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

We lost to a bad team, that says it all. We had a chance to get some playmakers in the offseason and for some reason, MCD didn't go get any. We have an average team that teams will love to see coming.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos played hard like they always do. Some of there players pretty good but really now stars outside Dawkins and Bailey.

Broncos will play these really avg to crappy teams, like Jags, tough and probably win 5-6 of them.

Broncos just have no play makers at RB. True the blocking not stellar but also no one that really can make people miss or hit a home run. The WR are a nice group but Orton is only good not great. He would need something at TE and RB to really have a good offense.

Defensively the Broncos still give up big plays deep down the middle of the field. Also they still let the TE go off.
Jags oline nothing special and they weren't really getting to Gerrard. I measly sack and a couple pressures with no forced turnovers against this offense is really bad. Sure the defensive coaching seems sound, Williams and Haggan pretty good at stopping run but MJD still hits 100 yrds.

Many will probably say we turned ball over, we were on road, not a bad loss, and you could be right....but IMO Jags one of the worst teams on our schedule. IMO Jags will get blown out soon. Who do they play next week.
Blah, Broncos were in this game until the end. They made a few mistakes and lost because of them. I don't think this loss speaks to any big needs by this team, they just need to eliminate mistakes.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

OFFENSE

Despite the interception, Orton had a very good game for this team. Lloyd and Royal looked pretty damn good, too. I was happy to see Royal start to show his real self in this offense, again. Moreno was alright, although he dances alot and some of those 9 yard gains could have been 20 if not for all the footwork. The OL still has alot of issues. While he did give up a sack early on, I think Clady was alright. By the end of the month he should be fine. The pass protection wasn't too bad for the rookies, although they did get through a few times, the real problem was outside of a couple nice holes they created, they had a tough time with the JAX front seven in the run game.

DEFENSE: DJ with a great game, I think he probably had around a dozen tackles, many of which were on 3rd and 4th downs...clutch. Robert Ayers also showed well. He got a sack and some pressure....really Ayers was the only one on the team who could generate pressure. I think he also had a nice play or two vs. the run. The WOLB spot is still a joke. Outside of one TFL, Hunter didn't do much and Moss was basically invisible. I was a bit disappointed in Haggan, although he wasn't terrible. Dawkins didn't flash much in this game outside of his PD, although I hope that's more an off game thing than age. The main problem for the DB's was lack of pressure. You just can't expect those guys to hold on for 4 or 5 seconds. It's not realistic.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Priefer needs to be torn a new one. JAX had what, 2 or 3 returns to the 50...at least one of which the guy returned from the back of the endzone, too...that's when you know they have absolutely no respect for our coverage unit. Prater and Colquitt were fine, but the coverage units are garbage.

COACHING :Generally solid. They moved the ball pretty well on offense I thought. That Buckhalter fumble and the penalty on Beadles cost the team potentially 14 points, combined. Those were the two key plays, IMO. We could have gotten up on them and then just leaned on them the rest of the game. I liked the coaching and calls for the most part, on both sides of the ball. The fade throw on 4th was a bit questionable, I'd like something more high percentage on 4th down, but Lloyd was playing well that day.

Gotta beat up on Seattle next week.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Blah, Broncos were in this game until the end. They made a few mistakes and lost because of them. I don't think this loss speaks to any big needs by this team, they just need to eliminate mistakes.
Probably closer to the truth.

But, we have to be able to stop a marginal passing team like Jville. If they expose our D, imagine what a QB like Rivers will do to us?

But, you lose your premiere pass-rusher, and these issues become much more difficult.

Look at the impact Campman had for them today. Premiere pass-rushers make or break games. We don't have ours, and won't all season.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

I am actually okay with what I saw today.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
jutang
Pro Bowler

At this point in time, I would also agree that the Broncos aren't a great team, but really is still decimated by injuries at key positions.

Clady is not close to a 100%, Harris is gone... really prevented the Broncos from being aggressive in the first 2 quarters. You could almost tell the coaching staff wasn't too sure how much protection Orton was going get and decided to go really conservative.
I hope Kuper's injury isn't as bad as it looked like.

Moreno was rusty was the beginning but towards the end of the game was beginning to hit the right holes. Buckhalter looks bad as of right now.

Towards the later half of the season I expect the Broncos offense to really start holding their own. Orton is a much better QB than I imagined. He manages the game very well and make the right reads. The WRs are solid. I don't like how they went away from Royal in the 4th, but maybe that is why Lloyd was left one on one so much.

My concerns:
Suspect Run D from preseason is carrying over into the regular season... although MJD had a great game
Special teams KO coverage was a complete joke

Last edited by jutang; 09-12-2010 at 01:56 PM..
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
OFFENSE

Despite the interception, Orton had a very good game for this team. Lloyd and Royal looked pretty damn good, too. I was happy to see Royal start to show his real self in this offense, again. Moreno was alright, although he dances alot and some of those 9 yard gains could have been 20 if not for all the footwork. The OL still has alot of issues. While he did give up a sack early on, I think Clady was alright. By the end of the month he should be fine. The pass protection wasn't too bad for the rookies, although they did get through a few times, the real problem was outside of a couple nice holes they created, they had a tough time with the JAX front seven in the run game.

DEFENSE: DJ with a great game, I think he probably had around a dozen tackles, many of which were on 3rd and 4th downs...clutch. Robert Ayers also showed well. He got a sack and some pressure....really Ayers was the only one on the team who could generate pressure. I think he also had a nice play or two vs. the run. The WOLB spot is still a joke. Outside of one TFL, Hunter didn't do much and Moss was basically invisible. I was a bit disappointed in Haggan, although he wasn't terrible. Dawkins didn't flash much in this game outside of his PD, although I hope that's more an off game thing than age. The main problem for the DB's was lack of pressure. You just can't expect those guys to hold on for 4 or 5 seconds. It's not realistic.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Priefer needs to be torn a new one. JAX had what, 2 or 3 returns to the 50...at least one of which the guy returned from the back of the endzone, too...that's when you know they have absolutely no respect for our coverage unit. Prater and Colquitt were fine, but the coverage units are garbage.

COACHING :Generally solid. They moved the ball pretty well on offense I thought. That Buckhalter fumble and the penalty on Beadles cost the team potentially 14 points, combined. Those were the two key plays, IMO. We could have gotten up on them and then just leaned on them the rest of the game. I liked the coaching and calls for the most part, on both sides of the ball. The fade throw on 4th was a bit questionable, I'd like something more high percentage on 4th down, but Lloyd was playing well that day.

Gotta beat up on Seattle next week.
Good round-up.

Though, on Moreno... I'd say that he IS a 4-10 yard rusher. That's what we need from him. Chain-moving, wearing the defense out, etc. He's got good vision and usually picks the right hole when given initial space to work in.

But, I was somewhat surprised we didn't draft a speed back to pair with him, or even make a trade for a guy like Slaton. Buck can't be counted on, and it would have been nice to have a real 2-punch to pair with Moreno.

Of course, you have to be able to open holes before any of that matters.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

We aren't a team that is improving, in any way. We are average on offense, bad on defense, and terrible on special teams. Nothing has changed since McDaniels took over except our best players are now on other teams.

8-8 again, which means we'll suffer through at least one more season of this...
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

As per the local experts, Jags is not even 8-8 team.But, they were so confident that they will win against Denver.
As per them,
a) Mcd is not a good coach.. -- They really talk **** about him.
b) weak o-line due to injuries.
c) Moreno doesn't scare them.
d) No run defense.
e) Orton is a average QB.
f) Weather

I thought we will win this game as Jags is an average team.
Mcd's coaching is now predictable and we won only 2 games out of 11.
Looks like Bowlen made a bad decision in hiring Mcd.

One more thing, only in this site..people praise Mcd.

Last edited by go_broncos; 09-12-2010 at 01:58 PM..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
Clady is not close to a 100%, Harris is gone... really prevented the Broncos from being aggressive in the first 2 quarters. .
Boy, was that painfully obvious today.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
We aren't a team that is improving, in any way. We are average on offense, bad on defense, and terrible on special teams. Nothing has changed since McDaniels took over except our best players are now on other teams.

8-8 again, which means we'll suffer through at least one more season of this...

sky is falling thread after first game of the season, classic OM hype
Old 09-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #13
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Was McDaniels responsible for those McBean penalties or Willis not getting his edge on a kick return? And when things go right for the team, does he get any credit from you jackasses or is it only when things go wrong?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
As per the local experts, Jags is not even 8-8 team.But, they were so confident that they will win against Denver.
As per them,
d) No run defense.
f) Weather

looks like your old doom and gloom self is back.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #15
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

agreed. McDaniels has downgraded the talent on offense, and it shows.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #16
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If we were playing a good team, you'd have a point, sort of. But we are playing an awful team, and couldn't get ahead of them once.

But you sure do have a lot of posts, so keep offering your worthless opinion please.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #17
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Was McDaniels responsible for those McBean penalties or Willis not getting his edge on a kick return? And when things go right for the team, does he get any credit from you jackasses or is it only when things go wrong?
You answered your own question.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'd start to worry if Seattle hands us our asses at home next week. Now? Nah.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
As per them,
d) No run defense.
f) Weather

A. Whatever.
B. O-line was solid today. Not great, not horrible.
C. He had no snaps in preseason because of a bad hammy, but still put out 60 yards and scored a TD.
D. So Jacksonville was able to run on denver all day? I didnt see that.
E. Orton is the reason we were in the game. Average my ass.
F. It was hot for the Jags, too. Or did you not notice the cold water hats, makeshift shade or waterpipes attatched to the Jags players?

I really dont care what people outside of Denver say about McDaniels. **** them. Denver and Jacksonville were average AFC teams last season. The difference was execution. They were more consistent then the Broncos were. You seem to miss the whole concept of "rebuilding". It usually means you do not win every game all the time. This is not Madden.

You seem to be delighting in the team struggling. Makes one wonder about you as a fan. The term fairweather might be thrown around.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Quote:
d) No run defense.
f) Weather
Weather? what the **** are you listing weather for?

We held MJD to under 100 yards - and they averaged 3.9 YPC.

If you watched this game and couldn't tell the run defense was better, I think it's best for you to choose another hobby like finger painting or dressing barbie dolls.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #21
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
A. Whatever.
B. O-line was solid today. Not great, not horrible.
C. He had no snaps in preseason because of a bad hammy, but still put out 60 yards and scored a TD.
D. So Jacksonville was able to run on denver all day? I didnt see that.
E. Orton is the reason we were in the game. Average my ass.
F. It was hot for the Jags, too. Or did you not notice the cold water hats, makeshift shade or waterpipes attatched to the Jags players?

I really dont care what people outside of Denver say about McDaniels. **** them. Denver and Jacksonville were average AFC teams last season. The difference was execution. They were more consistent then the Broncos were. You seem to miss the whole concept of "rebuilding". It usually means you do not win every game all the time. This is not Madden.

You seem to be delighting in the team struggling. Makes one wonder about you as a fan. The term fairweather might be thrown around.

I don't expect this team to win every game..But, you need to win against teams like Jags.Jags is not a good team.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #22
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As per them,
d) No run defense.
f) Weather

I agree with everything said. McD has ruined the team.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
If we were playing a good team, you'd have a point, sort of. But we are playing an awful team, and couldn't get ahead of them once.

But you sure do have a lot of posts, so keep offering your worthless opinion please.
Jagz have a solid defense and the play power style football. The Broncos made mistakes and it cost them the game.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #24
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

I thought it was clear that Denver was the better team we just shot ourselves in the foot. The game came down to McBean giving the Jags 30 yards on facemask penalties, bad kickoff coverage, and Buck fumbling.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #25
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Weather? what the **** are you listing weather for?

We held MJD to under 100 yards - and they averaged 3.9 YPC.

If you watched this game and couldn't tell the run defense was better, I think it's best for you to choose another hobby like finger painting or dressing barbie dolls.
That was not my take..That's was the reasons given by local sports radio.
we became worse than last year.
There is no running game..Moreno sucks and OL is not good.