The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default The most amazing Broncos-Jags preview yet

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ffical-preview

Jacksonville Jaguars Vs Denver Broncos Offical Preview
By
dalton dechaine
(Contributor) on September 5, 2010

First i would like to start off by sayin if the Denver Broncos beat the Jacksonville Jaguars i will quite writing for bleacher report.com.

We have a few interesting story lines goin into week one of this NFL season.

1.Will the Denver Broncos offencive line be able to hold the new look Jaguars defencive line?

2.Two word's Tim Tebow

3.Can a weak Jaguars secondary hold up aginst Kyle Orton?

It's a well known fact around the league that the Broncos are so-so when it comes down to the offencive line.It's also known that the Jaguars GM Gene Smith has put together a new defencive line this offseason.On one side it's off-season addition Aaron Kampan,On the other it's former first round draft pick Derrick Harvey who many belive will break out this season.Kampman has made a full recovery and is thought to be at 100 percent real soon,We know what kinda beast he can be.The Jaguars best defencive lineman last year Terrance Knighton is thought to have a big season(mabey pro bowl).Tyson "The Crew" Alualu the Jaguars first round draft pick has been very good in the preseason.My prediction is that the Jaguars throw away this crappy Broncos offencive line.

Tim Tebow:Before the draft many were sayin Tebow was gonna save the Jaguars,The Jaguars decided to pass and get The Crew Alualu.People are sayin Tebow's gonna come in on 3rd and one and either beat the Jaguars or get punched in the mouth,Please quite cause i dought they even use him.At the end The Tebow-Jaguars thing will be like a big nothing.

Kyle Orton Vs Jaguars Secondary:The broncos have a nice QB in Kyle Orton but no WR to help him.The Brandon Marshell trade was about the stupidest thing a team can do.The Jaguars secondary is so bad i expect Orton to still have a carrer day but in my opinion that wont be enough for the Broncos to win.

Score:34 to 10 Jaguars win.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quality writing.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
DivineBronco
Ring of Famer

if you like Cutler you are my enemy

12 year old kids should not be allowed to blog
DivineBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Hooked on Phonics did not work for him.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

When did Bob start writing for bleacher report?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lets hope the Denver Broncos win.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

34-10? How are the Broncos going to keep it that close? They have Derrick Harvey, who many believe will have a breakout season.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Bleacher Report is praying Denver wins.....
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ffical-preview

By
dalton dechaine

First i would like to start off by sayin if the Denver Broncos beat the Jacksonville Jaguars i will quite writing for bleacher report.com.

We have a few interesting story lines goin into week one of this NFL season.

1.Will the Denver Broncos offencive line be able to hold the new look Jaguars defencive line?

2.Two word's Tim Tebow

3.Can a weak Jaguars secondary hold up aginst Kyle Orton?

It's a well known fact around the league that the Broncos are so-so when it comes down to the offencive line.It's also known that the Jaguars GM Gene Smith has put together a new defencive line this offseason.On one side it's off-season addition Aaron Kampan,On the other it's former first round draft pick Derrick Harvey who many belive will break out this season.Kampman has made a full recovery and is thought to be at 100 percent real soon,We know what kinda beast he can be.The Jaguars best defencive lineman last year Terrance Knighton is thought to have a big season(mabey pro bowl).Tyson "The Crew" Alualu the Jaguars first round draft pick has been very good in the preseason.My prediction is that the Jaguars throw away this crappy Broncos offencive line.

Tim Tebow:Before the draft many were sayin Tebow was gonna save the Jaguars,The Jaguars decided to pass and get The Crew Alualu.People are sayin Tebow's gonna come in on 3rd and one and either beat the Jaguars or get punched in the mouth,Please quite cause i dought they even use him.At the end The Tebow-Jaguars thing will be like a big nothing.

Kyle Orton Vs Jaguars Secondary:The broncos have a nice QB in Kyle Orton but no WR to help him.The Brandon Marshell trade was about the stupidest thing a team can do.The Jaguars secondary is so bad i expect Orton to still have a carrer day but in my opinion that wont be enough for the Broncos to win.

Score:34 to 10 Jaguars win.
When did; Requiem start writing; for the; Bleacher; Report!; How are the semi-colons coming along, bud?
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
By
dalton dechaine

Well if God does have a plan for everyone, the fix is on for the broncos win.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:

Do we have to wait that long?
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #12
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Oh wow...the first nearly regular season laugh I have had over opponent's predictions. Nice.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

I just find it OFFENCIVE
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #14
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Jacksonville Jaguars Roster:
AFC SOUTH

Quarterbacks
9 David Garrard
12 Luke McCown

Running Backs
44 Brock Bolen FB
23 Rashad Jennings
33 Greg Jones FB
32 Maurice Jones-Drew - Guy can single handedly win this game. He possesses all the ability and skills to beat anyone on any given Sunday...and regrettably is back at practice today. Entering his 5th season, he could have a great year with an average of over 4.5 yards per carry in his career. His only drawback could be his health and shape as he has only 4 carries in the preseason. If Jones-Drew is not healthy and ready for the game, Denver cannot breath easy as Rashad Jennings and Brock Bolen are also ground pounders and equal to the task. Makes me wish Kolby Smith had made the team...we just like to eat up running backs from Kansas City.
35 Deji Karim
24 Montell Owens FB

Wide Receivers
We have them beat here, imo. The Denver secondary should be able to contain these WR's for the most part. The diffuculty that could present itself is the mobility of Garrard and the play action pass. The success of the secondary is dependent upon the ability to contain the corner of the line by the OLB and DE's. The key to winning is getting all 11 players on our defense to play coherently and perform their jobs to a satisfactory level (not good or great) but play together and I do believe we will have a 10-13 point lead by the end of the game.
87 Jarett Dillard
81 Kassim Osgood
11 Mike Sims-Walker
80 Mike Thomas
19 Tiquan Underwood

Tight Ends
89 Marcedes Lewis - Marcedes is capable of taking whatever a LB will give him and should have a great game. He must be on the same page as Garrard early in the season to have success in the Jaguars offense. Garrard should look often and quickly resort to Lewis as in years past.
86 Zach Miller
88 Zach Potter

Offensive Linemen
The trenches are typically owned by this group of run first dirty and nasty dogs. This line is definitely taught to move some beef down the field and should have no problems moving the DT's and Linebackers around during the game. Denver can afford to allow plays and good runs, but cannot allow continued success that result in long sustained drives and precise ball control or they'll have lost the game for their side and the offensive side of the ball. Big Jamal will help, but I know this Jaguar's offensive line is accostumed to moving their pieces to achieve success in long drawn out drives to wear them down - Jamal is no spring chicken and can easily achieve maximum RPM's given the Jacksonville gameplan.
78 Jordan Black T
73 Eben Britton T
72 Kevin Haslam T
67 Vince Manuwai G
63 Brad Meester C
75 Eugene Monroe T
77 Uche Nwaneri C/G
66 Justin Smiley G

Defensive Linemen
The Jaguars and Falcons held a joint practice back on 08/10/2010...focusing mainly on PASS RUSH. Jacksonville's #1 pick this season was DE - Tyson Aluala a former CAL Bears DE converted to DT. In fact, Jacksonville focused their entire draft investment on their Defensive Line:
Rd 1, Pick 10 (10) Alualu, Tyson DE
Rd 3, Pick 10 (74) Smith, D'Anthony DT
Rd 5, Pick 12 (143) Hart, Larry DE
Rd 5, Pick 22 (153) Lane, Austen DE
Orton had better get to his reads in a hurry and make sure he makes the most of his precious seconds in the pocket. I believe our offensive line will be on skates for this game and Orton's response to the high level of pressure all game long will decide how well the Broncos pass heavy offense will do against the Jaguars.
93 Tyson Alualu DT
99 Landon Cohen DT
69 Leger Douzable DT
59 Larry Hart DE
91 Derrick Harvey DE
74 Aaron Kampman DE
96 Terrance Knighton DT
92 Austen Lane DE
94 Jeremy Mincey DE

Linebackers
Honestly, I don't think they have the linebacker's to match their defensive line. This is a key area to exploit with our counter and traps - gaining some counter-action play success could mean and easy victory for our running game. Denver's passing game should do well...it is the running game that will be decided by our ability to get these linebackers moving the wrong direction and really messing up their reads.
50 Russell Allen OLB
58 Jacob Cutrera ILB
56 Justin Durant OLB
97 Aaron Morgan OLB
55 Kirk Morrison ILB
52 Daryl Smith OLB

Defensive Backs
11 defensive backs on the roster....wow! What an investment. I don't see it paying off at all in this game other than on ST's. Denver will own in the air if they can get adequate time to get the ball there. Our Special Team's had better be ready for some speed and get set up early in their blocking schemes and lanes.
41 Tyron Brackenridge CB
22 Don Carey CB
37 Sean Considine SS
26 Michael Coe CB
21 Derek Cox CB
36 Courtney Greene SS
31 David Jones CB
27 Rashean Mathis CB
30 Scotty McGee CB
29 William Middleton CB
20 Anthony Smith FS

Special Teams
48 Jeremy Cain LS/LB
3 Adam Podlesh P
10 Josh Scobee K

Reserve Lists
51 Kyle Bosworth OLB (IR)
62 John Estes C (IR)
83 Jason Harmon WR (IR)
16 Nate Hughes WR (IR)
54 Freddy Keiaho ILB (IR)
17 Chris McGaha WR (IR)
95 D'Anthony Smith DT (IR)
53 Bryan Smith OLB (IR)
43 Terrell Whitehead FS (IR)

Practice Squad
76 Daniel Baldridge OT
-- Alvin Bowen LB
47 Mike Caussin TE
-- John Destin CB
17 John Matthews WR
98 Kommonyan Quaye DT
-- Brett Ratliff QB
60 Bradley Vierling C
Rookies in italics
Roster updated September 6, 2010
Depth Chart • Transactions
53 Active, 9 Inactive, 8 PS

Denver Broncos Roster:
AFC WEST

Quarterbacks
8 Kyle Orton - Will Orton outplay Garrard. Ask yourself this question and then write down the key elements to making it happen and that is where the equation could take an inverse result! Orton is 3 times the QB that Garrard is, however, he has a new offensive line that has ZERO games together. Garrard, however, has an experienced line and doesn't have to play his best to win this game...essentially finding the result for x in this equation has Orton looking elswhere to unproven teammates (OL) while Garrard smiles and has made a career of leaning on Jaguar others for years.
9 Brady Quinn
15 Tim Tebow - Not 2 words...but 2 Names. Bleech those infidels at Bleacher for us Tim. Hit Dalton Dechaine with your 3 wood!

Running Backs
Wow - again, Denver has fantasy owners hating their team...love to know who is going to be the next 1,000 yard back in Denver - I'm sure we all would. Best bet to date is to watch Lance Ball...his destiny this season could be defined in this game. He runs well, has decent power, decent blitz blocker, put has struggled catching the ball out of the backfield and does not posses gamebreaker ability. The Jaguars will be honing in on this young back to make sure his confidence level remains in check. It would be also interesting to see if Denver decides to activate Andre Brown with his first week in a Broncos uniform. Both backs will have plenty of competition with a healthy Bucky and Knowshon fully mended.
35 Lance Ball
26 Andre Brown
28 Correll Buckhalter
46 Spencer Larsen FB
27 Knowshon Moreno

Wide Receivers
This is one of the most underrated crew in the NLF in my opinion. Watching these 6 work to get open is something that has inspired my perception of the WR coaches in Denver. Not only do they make one hell of an attempt to show good effort, but they also are much stronger than their below avg size for most NFL crews. Denver has had a very few number of dropped balls this preseason and Kyle Orton hasn't been afraid to deliver it high in the middle of the field either. I really like this crew and can't wait to see who emerges week to week as a star. Royal, Thomas, Lloyd and even Willis have done nothing but impress this preseason.
87 Eric Decker
10 Jabar Gaffney
84 Brandon Lloyd
19 Eddie Royal
88 Demaryius Thomas
12 Matthew Willis

Tight Ends
89 Daniel Graham
82 Dan Gronkowski
81 Richard Quinn

Offensive Linemen
I'll be honest, this crew scares the hell out of me. This group is the weakest part of our game....as the secondary is the weakest part of the Jaguars game. So, the question is, can we get enough time to throw? The WR's should be looking for short routes to start the game and then as the OL gains confidence we can really open it up! Hopefully, we get to that point. This Oline is just okay but can be great...they are extremely young and haven't worked together at all! They are lining up against a defensive line that will be extreme this year and for years to come. I don't see us having much success with dives or tosses...we won't win in a smash mouth contest. This group had better 'gel' quickly on 3rd downs or it could be a very long afternoon.
67 D'Anthony Batiste T
68 Zane Beadles G
78 Ryan Clady T
75 Chris Clark T
64 Stanley Daniels G
74 Ryan Harris T
71 Russ Hochstein G/C
73 Chris Kuper G
69 Eric Olsen C
50 J. D. Walton C

Defensive Linemen
97 Justin Bannan DE
91 Ronald Fields NT
98 Ryan McBean DE
99 Le Kevin Smith DE
79 Marcus Thomas NT/DE
76 Jamal Williams NT

Linebackers
56 Robert Ayers OLB/DE - What to do with Robert Ayers on 3rd down will determine a lot of the success Denver has in this game. This is will be one of the deciding factors for the Broncos DC. He has accumulated 2.5 sacks in 4 preseason games and while he has garnered attention here, he also has been spectacular in pass coverage with equally impressive numbers in his pass coverage deflections.
57 Mario Haggan ILB - One of my favorite linebackers last season along with Wesley Woodyard. He brings it each play which is exactly what will be needed to force the Jaguars into less efficient passing situations with Garrard.
52 Jason Hunter DE/OLB
51 Joe Mays ILB
94 Jarvis Moss OLB/DE - I can finally say I'm excited to watch him play. He owes the Denver Broncos a great season and needs to really step up and finish each play...especially on crucial 3rd and short situations.
55 D. J. Williams ILB - Can he last a full day of chasing down one of the leagues most punishing backs? DJ has proven his worth early in many games but seems to hit his peak in the first half and then cruise through the late 3rd and 4th quaters as indicated by his situational stats. Jones Drew is a handful for any NFL linebacker and DJ is completely capable of stopping him all day if he posseses the inner fortitude and guts to do so. It would carve a great start to a pro bowl season if he's able to make and finish each tackle.
59 Wesley Woodyard ILB - Wesley is struggling to be a consistent NFL linebacker. Broncos fans love his hard knocks attitude and game but he can be sloppy in his pass coverage and allow bad form and bad decisision to really cripple his contributions at times. We would all love to see him man handle the interior lineman in this game to control the gaps that Jones-Drew is famous for trucking through.

Defensive Backs
24 Champ Bailey CB - I hate watching Champ in these games...he and Dawkins can quickly become the 'player of last resort' which equates to a quick injury and some really negative mojo for the entire defense. Rousing his front 7 to play well has not been Champ's strong suite. Instead of chewing azz, he is too willing to just keep stepping up his game to make up for the difference. Being vocal and getting in the LB's face a few times in each game will improve his game and will be key to a great game for the weak side defense.
30 David Bruton SS
32 Perrish Cox CB - Can't wait to see this kid more this season. What a treat it has been to see his fiesty attitude and just has 'no quit' in him at all. He carries himself as if he's the main player and I really like his confidence level.
20 Brian Dawkins FS - Dawkins and the rest of the backfield will be busy trying to sell pass coverage and bringing the right looks to fool Garrard and the Jaguars OL. Dawkins can hit...so can the Jaguars - so it is a game that should have some character defining moments for both teams and their leaders.
21 André Goodman CB - Andre may have a tough day, I don't like his assertiveness in finishing hte open field tackle as he can play a little too lose giving up a decent gain on play action or swing/sweep plays. It will be the duty of the DE and OLB to contain but Goodman will need to play much more aggressive to ensure the gains are minimal to the outside.
23 Renaldo Hill SS
33 Nate Jones CB
31 Darcel McBath FS
22 Syd'Quan Thompson CB
41 Cassius Vaughn CB

Special Teams
4 Britton Colquitt P - How can you not pick Colquitt and the entire punt team as one of the crucial factors to this game. Considering we are on the road and playing a predominantly run heavy offense. Britton and his boomerang punt team must find a way to contain Scotty McGee who has averaged 9.9 yards/return, a very decent number for preseason play and racking up a long return of 47 yards.
66 Lonie Paxton LS
5 Matt Prater K - The key to your fantasy football victory this weekend is to have Prater in your lineup. Denver has been very inconsistent on the road in converting 3rd down scenarios the past 2 seasons. It would not be unreasonable to see Prater on the field at least 4-5 times in this game kicking field goals. When playing Jacksonville, each yard and opportunity to score will be crucial. Prater was 30/35 on field goals last season and 5/6 in the preseason with a long of 51 yards. The Broncos have an unsavory trend of kicking more field goals as the game grows late...at times being the only opportunity to score in the 3rd quarter.

Reserve Lists
92 Elvis Dumervil OLB/DE (IR) - Elvis' presence on IR will be felt this season, but this is actually one game where I truly believe we can win using a larger DE and OLB crew. Having 1-2 sacks more could win the game, but...Garrard is tough to sack at home and run stopping should be first on our priority list.
39 Kyle Eckel FB (IR)
90 Ben Garland DE (Military)
-- Braxton Kelley ILB (IR)
11 Kenny McKinley WR (IR)
14 Brandon Stokley WR (IR)
25 LenDale White RB (IR)
Practice Squad
58 Kevin Alexander OLB/DE
17 Britt Davis WR
83 Riar Geer TE
34 Kyle McCarthy FS
54 Worrell Williams ILB
Rookies in italics
Roster updated September 6, 2010
Depth Chart • Transactions
53 Active, 7 Inactive, 5 PS

My prediction on the final Score:
Denver 19 - Jacksonville 17
Prater kicks 4 FG's and Denver scores on a defensive turnover to hold off a late charge by the Jaguars who will rack up 10 of their 17 points in the fourth quarter.

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 09-06-2010 at 04:30 PM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Apparently, Beadles isn't #1 on LG -- heck he's not even listed as LG on our depth chart. Daniels is there, and he's at RG and RT. Hm.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #16
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Wow
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

How does bleacher report work? Anyone can write for them and you just post? Clearly that person cannot be a staff writer.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Naggle Nole
Team Intern

Soul Brotha

Quote:
87 Jarett Dillard
81 Kassim Osgood
11 Mike Sims-Walker
80 Mike Thomas
19 Tiquan Underwood
This unit looks like a joke
I don't even know who these guys are besides Sims-Walker
Jones-Drew might be good, but he had better be because he will have 8 in the box all game long
Naggle Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #19
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #20
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Ah, good ol' bleacher report. A virtual treasure trove of sheer laughable stupidity. My favorite is still this article about how the Saints onside kick at the beginning of the second half of the Super Bowl was "cheap and dirty."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...was-dirty-pool
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #21
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

What the: Hell did I jsut Reed?
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #22
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggle Nole View Post
This unit looks like a joke
I don't even know who these guys are besides Sims-Walker
Jones-Drew might be good, but he had better be because he will have 8 in the box all game long
That group is far better then you know. Watch out for Mike Thomas in the slot, he is going to darn good this year.

Last edited by elsid13; 09-06-2010 at 04:29 PM..
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #23
yerner
Ring of Famer

Obviously that kid has a long history of cousin-****ing in his family.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #24
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
34-10? How are the Broncos going to keep it that close? They have Derrick Harvey, who many believe will have a breakout season.
dont forget Terrence Knight, who is thought to have a big season, maybe pro bowl
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #25
Naggle Nole
Team Intern

Soul Brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
That group is far better then you know. Watch out for Mike Thomas in the slot, he is going to darn good this year.
We'll see
If that group lights up OUR secondary (the strength of the team), this is going to be one hell of a year
Naggle Nole is offline   Reply With Quote