The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #951
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

These playoffs really are impressive though. I don't think I've ever seen the top 4 seeds (And 4 most powerful teams, sometimes not always one int he same) advance to the finals before. Should be a brawl these last two weeks.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #952
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
More like Vjacked...

Oh wait, my bro thinks Vjack didn't affect the game and Rivers would have still had that kind of game without him.
I trotted out VJax, Flip Rivers and Vernon Davis in another league. Davis was able to get a whopping 4 yards... but Jax and Rivers combined for 70! In this league, 125 points is good for the victory 9 out of 10 weeks. My RBs are soft though. Knowshon and Torrain. Still have AJ and Branch to go as well though.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #953
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

24 from your D really helps you Doggcow. I think the Saints are going to go into Balt and take it to them in the air.

QB + D = advantage to you. Provided Rex learned how to not fumble.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #954
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Oh wait, my bro thinks Vjack didn't affect the game and Rivers would have still had that kind of game without him.
I think that... because Rivers has had several games like that w/o Vjax (or Gates, or Floyd, or Nannee... yada yada)!

But I guess I'm just lucky... The "Highest Scoring Player" in Fantasy Football had a solid week? weird?

And I'm sure the 34-0 lead had no effect on your D/ST's score either? In your mind anyway

Quote:
24 from your D really helps you Doggcow. I think the Saints are going to go into Balt and take it to them in the air.

Now, I can agree with this statement! The fact that Doggcow has a quality QB, and his D did well, will probably offset Rivers' score...

Fortunately, I also have 7 other starters, and (at least) 5 of them are capable of putting up 30+ (meaning they HAVE done it, this season, so it wont be like "magical" or anything if it happens bro). I don't believe either of us have an "advantage" at the moment... But my remaining players do include 3 of the top 4 WR's (and ALL of em are "due")!

So, I like my odds...

Last edited by Bad Reflexes; 12-18-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #955
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post

I wouldn't say that just yet.

NOTHING beats points on the board... Right Dos Rios?

I'd give Bro the advantage, because Brees could easily throw 4 picks again too

My D did have a mammoth week, thank god. I was bumbling with them or Miami this week.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #956
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Holmes, Wallace, Garcon, Williams ARE KILLING me this week.

I really don't trust Williams after last week... But Detroit is so banged up... Holmes is TALKING MAD GAME about coming home, and Revis' bum hammy probably means 5 or so deep balls for wallace... Garcon is coming on strong and has an amazing matchup.

I wish I could play Mike Williams over Felix Jones... Go figure ****ing Barber comes back this week...

I really hope MJD's knee doesn't cut into his carries, that could be the deal breaker.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #957
Bad Reflexes

Default I got the same kind of issues... it's all "best guess" from here on out I think...

If Cassel doesn't play I basically have to sit Bowe... even against St. Louis!

If Hill doesn't start I should bench Pettigrue cuz Stanton sux too! Megatron can always rip off a big YAC TD, but even he takes a hit with Stanton in!

Roddy hasn't been the same since these "Maintenance Wednesdays" started a couple weeks ago... and the Seattle game could be a blowout in the rain! Turner time, with Roddy resting up for the Saints next week?

Is Kenny Britt my best play at WR? Totally could be... but I'm not starting him!

Rice never freaking scores but is probably the easiest guy to start this week... which is pretty funny I think.

BGE is also a good play, in the cold, against the Rodger-less Packers... But what if the Pat's get up big? could Fred Taylor spell him out?

Bradshaw's been my best player over the past two weeks and I'm benching him on nothing but a "gut feeling"?

And then there's Goodson! Who I could totally see score 20+ against the Cardinals!

I'm actually pretty stressed out right now...
Old 12-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #958
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

The only way you lose is if you get peterson'd...

Your lineup is top to bottom stronger than mine at every position but rb1... But mojo has a bum knee of course...
Old 12-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #959
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Btw.. I've been wondering what the "gift certificates" are... Do we get cash for our winnings though, like mine are *$40 for div/2tops
Because I'd much prefer the cash that a gift card somewhere.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #960
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Btw.. I've been wondering what the "gift certificates" are... Do we get cash for our winnings though, like mine are *$40 for div/2tops
Because I'd much prefer the cash that a gift card somewhere.
The gift cards will essentially be the same thing as Cash (Visa/MC Gift Card). I think you also have the option of electing to receive your prizes in the form of an eCheck to your account. I think there is a small fee for the eCheck service though. But it would be cash in your account.

All of it is done through LeagueSafe. I appropriate the funds, you figure out how you want to receive the money. It is all done at the end of the year though. I can split payments throughout the year so everyone will have to wait for theirs.

Anybody that would like to is welcome to make a donation to the commish's fund. Would like to set aside a little for site upgrades and what not for next year. No pressure, but if you're only getting a $10 gift card you always have that option available
Old 12-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #961
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
The gift cards will essentially be the same thing as Cash (Visa/MC Gift Card). I think you also have the option of electing to receive your prizes in the form of an eCheck to your account. I think there is a small fee for the eCheck service though. But it would be cash in your account.

All of it is done through LeagueSafe. I appropriate the funds, you figure out how you want to receive the money. It is all done at the end of the year though. I can split payments throughout the year so everyone will have to wait for theirs.

Anybody that would like to is welcome to make a donation to the commish's fund. Would like to set aside a little for site upgrades and what not for next year. No pressure, but if you're only getting a $10 gift card you always have that option available
Thanks! That's what I was hoping. Super broke right now (Just finished college... You know how it is.)

I figured I'd drop Wallace and Holmes in there this week.. I have to roll with my boys that got me there right?

Plus the steelers force the ball to Wallace, like 10+ times a game! Williams only got 5 looks last week. Wallace is a late game too, which is always nice to have. That's why I benched the rook.

Ugh, been mad stressing these plays. Bro and I agree, the better managed team probably wins on one of these plays.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #962
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

hey guys....Bradshaw or Ronnie Brown

the only reason im looking at Brown is because hes up against the worst rush defense in the league today
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #963
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
hey guys....Bradshaw or Ronnie Brown

the only reason im looking at Brown is because hes up against the worst rush defense in the league today
It's the championships man! Live and die by your plays!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #964
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
It's the championships man! Live and die by your plays!
that doesnt help me at all
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #965
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Reflexes View Post
I drafted ya #2 overall... Ray!
You've been pretty mediocre all freakin' season... Ray!
Here's your chance buddy! I'll forgive everything for one monster MNF performance!
You Da Man... Ray!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 AM   #966
worm

Adopt-a-Bronco:

You should take this round Alex. I really can't see All Day or Forte lighting it up to the tune of 25 points in tonights game.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #967
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
You should take this round Alex. I really can't see All Day or Forte lighting it up to the tune of 25 points in tonights game.
Dude I am being quiet. I am down by 11 in one league with the Vikes D left to play... and up in our league with AD... I am not about to jinx myself either way! You see I know how that Karma thing works!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #968
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Well that was an easy win I guess. Worm didn't change AD out... Bummer for him.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #969
worm

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Well that was an easy win I guess. Worm didn't change AD out... Bummer for him.
Wow that blows. Headed out to a meeting and just got back to find that they scratch AD just before kickoff. Unbelievable. Couldn't they have done it earlier

Not sure it would have mattered with Forte but still hate to end the year like that.

Congrats Alex. Represent our conference well in the Finals.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #970
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Can I borrow some players... I have some questionable matchups!

All I need is McFadden, Peterson, White and Lloyd!!!

Maybe BR will go easy on me, show some pity!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #971
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Well Knowshon single handedly ended my big money run. I was down by 8 with 4 players to go... The other team, the Pats D. Moreno gives me 0, Branch 3, Jarvis Green 11, and when I need it most, 5 from the Bears D. But Moreno is the one that killed me. Ci had Tolbert, Torain, and Mathews on the bench. 6 lousy points from Knowho knowshow and I am screwed! $1700 for top prize (70%). 2nd gets 20%. 3rd place 10%. I am now playing for a measly 150$ or so. I hope we draft a RB next year, Moreno's soft ass is pissing me off!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #972
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Can I borrow some players... I have some questionable matchups!

All I need is McFadden, Peterson, White and Lloyd!!!

Maybe BR will go easy on me, show some pity!
The Steelers D/ST might beat me by themselves Luckily... They'll probably only score 30 without Polomalu!

I think it's gonna be pretty close... An Epic shootout on "Monday Night Football" between Brees & Roddy perhaps?
Old 12-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #973
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
The Steelers D/ST might beat me by themselves Luckily... They'll probably only score 30 without Polomalu!

I think it's gonna be pretty close... An Epic shootout on "Monday Night Football" between Brees & Roddy perhaps?

Roddy is out for the season... you didn't hear?

In fact, I think you should play all of your backups as the regular starters are expected to sit out with various "lower extremity" injuries.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #974
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

The 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football League Superbowl is upon us!

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Dec 21, 2010) Coming up in a week 16 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football rivalry, the 8-4 BMan's Republic of the Gridiron, who hope to extend their 3 game winning streak, face off against the 9-3 Touchdowns from Jesus.
Brees, Drew NOS QB
Drew Brees

BMan's Republic of the Gridiron were led in week 15 by a 34 point effort from Jason Witten, who beat the Washington Redskins defense for 140 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, BMan's Republic of the Gridiron can expect a 33 point effort from Drew Brees in week 16, who is expected to sneak past the Atlanta Falcons defense for a gazillion passing yards.

"We have to play like we're capable of playing," BMan's Republic of the Gridiron coach Broncoman13 said.

Touchdowns from Jesus were led in week 15 by a 50 point effort from Ray Rice, who beat the New Orleans Saints defense for 153 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD in addition to 80 receiving yards. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Touchdowns from Jesus can expect a 25 point effort from Dwayne Bowe in week 16, who is expected to sneak past the Tennessee Titans defense for two gazillion receiving yards.

"We have to bend but not break," Touchdowns from Jesus coach Bad Reflexes said.

This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a classic showdown.

The battle of the "Boss" teams from the NPN and OM Conferences. This is sure to be an epic showdown with the winner taking home all the glory and OM Bragging Rights! I am not a big believer in projections. Like BR said earlier, they don't really matter all that much... but right now, I am projected to outscore BR's Touchdowns from Jesus squad. I have crappy matchups so I don't see my team scoring what they are projected. I think we'll both be in the 145-155 range. Good Luck BR, you've been a great addition to the league!

Last edited by Broncoman13; 12-22-2010 at 08:37 AM..
Old 12-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #975
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:

You were close! One moree sack and that would have been 30 for the Steeler D. Can't imagine how ugly it would have been with Polomalu playing!

That was my best matchup of th week though. The path goes vertical from here and it looks like it will be a tough uphill road!