The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #876
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Hahaha, right?

Helluva season man.

I could've easily been 2 or 3 games worse than 8-4. I won't last long in the PO's without that luck continuing.
Yeah, I really need to take notes on how to get people to score fewer than 90 points against me every week
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #877
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Yeah, I really need to take notes on how to get people to score fewer than 90 points against me every week
Dude, you seem obsessed with the 'D'. How about you just take notes on how to score points.

- Your point total was only good for 10th in the league.
- Point-wise, you are the worst team with a bye.
- You only managed two points more than a team that didn't even play.
- You posted amazing offensive juggernaut week totals of 65, 73, 81 and 83
- Med, who score 100 more points than you, didn't even make the POs in our conference and your paltry point total would have been only good for 6th.

Is that enough focus on your O? You, out of anybody, should be thankful for your luck on what your opponents scored on you.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #878
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Well I might as well wave my white flag in the playoffs...with gore out i'm fuggered.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #879
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Thanks for sitting Groe this week for me... I need all the help I can get. Now if I can get Adrian Peterson to sit this weekend
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:25 AM   #880
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

I have a question about the brackets...are they like the NFL brackets where after the first round the lowest seed plays the highest seed or are we playing this out bracket style, because if we are playing it as written your brackets are wrong.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #881
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
I have a question about the brackets...are they like the NFL brackets where after the first round the lowest seed plays the highest seed or are we playing this out bracket style, because if we are playing it as written your brackets are wrong.
I noticed it yesterday as well.
As far as the rules: this is bracket style (no reseeding)
Why is #1 play the #3 Vs #6 winner (potentially #3) and not the #4 Vs #5 winner (potentially #4) is beyond me.
But it states just that on the FFL bylaws.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #882
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I will have to closely review the Rules, but it should be that the #1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed in the 2nd round. If the by-laws state differently, that is a change I will have to make but I am not sure we should change anything this year as we have avoided doing just that so far. I think this is something that Apa should probably decide as I would be involved in the outcome. But my personal feeling is that the brackets should change to reflect #1 vs lowest remaining seed (negative impact on me).
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #883
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I will have to closely review the Rules, but it should be that the #1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed in the 2nd round. If the by-laws state differently, that is a change I will have to make but I am not sure we should change anything this year as we have avoided doing just that so far. I think this is something that Apa should probably decide as I would be involved in the outcome. But my personal feeling is that the brackets should change to reflect #1 vs lowest remaining seed (negative impact on me).
If its in the bylaws that way, I'm fine by it, just something we need to address moving forward. Just asking the question. I'd like to stayin the running as long as possible. I just hope I have found some replacements for Gore, picked up Branch, Ivory (already have Thomas), and Sproles. And maybe a new defense.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #884
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
it's pretty straight-forward:

Quote:
Neck Pony Nation - playoffs NFL week 13
Seed 1 Bye
Seed 2 Bye
Seed 3 vs 6
Seed 4 vs 5

Week 14
Seed 1 vs 3-6 winner
Seed 2 vs 4-5 winner

Week 15
Winner of Seed #1 - #3/#6 vs Winner of Seed #2 - #4/#5 play for the conference championship and berth in the Neck Pony Nation/Orangemane Superbowl VI
Regardless, I think re-seeding is the way to go. As for my chances: it will not matter either way (being #6)
Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #885
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I will bring it up to Nick and probably ask that he, and the two conference delegates decide.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #886
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Ironically in our league the 4-5 seeds are quite a bit scarier (imo) than the #3 seed though. So I see no problem.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #887
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Btw can I suggest for next year, a "Winner of the Winners" award?

Since this week is lame for us on a bye, like a $10 prize for the top scorer of the 4 of us, could be fun!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #888
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Btw can I suggest for next year, a "Winner of the Winners" award?

Since this week is lame for us on a bye, like a $10 prize for the top scorer of the 4 of us, could be fun!
We could do that this week! I have sweet matchups, lol.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #889
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Ironically in our league the 4-5 seeds are quite a bit scarier (imo) than the #3 seed though. So I see no problem.
The #6 seed beat you with Arian Foster on a BYE though... So, you're lucky HE's not in your bracket!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #890
Bad Reflexes

Champ dealin' Bowe a goose egg, on my Bye week! Classic!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #891
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Looks like CBF should be done. Good.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #892
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I will bring it up to Nick and probably ask that he, and the two conference delegates decide.
Call me if you need to!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #893
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Considering "Dos Rios' SodBusters" would have been the #2 seed, were he in either of the other two divisions (by 1.5 games!). I think the brackets are "correct", regardless of seeding.

In the OM Conference anyway...

Last edited by Bad Reflexes; 12-05-2010 at 03:16 PM..
Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #894
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Well, that's the end of the road for me. Too bad I saved my worst week this season for my first playoff game...

Good luck for everyone who is still in it. And thank you all for participating and especially the comish's for running it.

I hope to see most of you next season!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #895
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub View Post
Well, that's the end of the road for me. Too bad I saved my worst week this season for my first playoff game...

Good luck for everyone who is still in it. And thank you all for participating and especially the comish's for running it.

I hope to see most of you next season!
I know how that feels. Sucks dude!

That's why those byes I've found are HUGE. You can never expect someone going off on you or your team sucking.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #896
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

So glad to see Floridian out of the Picture! That was a scary bunch of dudes! Rodgers who goes for 50 like every week, and Hillis who is unstoppable, especially with Moreno coming on strong now.

Not to mention Hillis vs #32 Buffalo and Moreno vs #31 Arizona, that was deathly scary! I could see each put up 40+!

Now, the trick this week is to not have my WR's combine for <20 points, lets do it!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #897
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I think I got off pretty easy tonight! Too bad Venitari lit me up :p

And Garcon on my bench! Oww!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:12 AM   #898
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I could have kicked Blair White in the teeth for botching that TD to Reggie Wayne. Could have started of with a 55 point lead after two players. Not sure why but the system was showing low point projections for a lot of my players? Hillis, Fred Jackson, and CJ were projected to get like 40 points total... And they have good matchups?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #899
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
I could have kicked Blair White in the teeth for botching that TD to Reggie Wayne. Could have started of with a 55 point lead after two players. Not sure why but the system was showing low point projections for a lot of my players? Hillis, Fred Jackson, and CJ were projected to get like 40 points total... And they have good matchups?
They have some messed up point projections sometimes. I understand their theories, but there have been a few weeks I have went with my gut rather than their projections, especially on 2nd tier guys and had better luck.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #900
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

btw Missing what was the planning behind starting Nate Washington?

Derrick Mason -was- on waivers. Ben Watson was too. You could have snagged Felix Jones or Tashard Choice, snagged Sidney Rice (I think Points against just snagged him so you couldn't)... etc.

There were so many other solid options? Especially with Britt coming back