The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #826
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Whoa buddy I thought it was made pretty clear that we were both posting just to trash talk to one another. I clearly said I was posting everything with a smile on my face to see his reaction.

But just to make it clear, I will not hold back anyone from playing again, especially if they finish in the playoffs or win the whole enchilada.

As for baiting him, when all you do is call people out both directly and passively like he did with Philly and myself you should expect getting a reaction. Doesn't make it right but you get what you give. I deserved the smack he threw around at me so its no big deal.

In fact, his were pretty damn creative and funny! And I really didn't know he was young! I just threw that out there thinking he was older and that would piss him off!

Now back to your regularly scheduled McDaniels darama!
The only thing I was upset about was the kicking me out lines, as I assumed those were serious. Thus, it pissed me off.

Wouldn't it piss you off if you were just informed that you were kicked?

Especially since I thought the initial spat was water under the bridge and it seemed brought up again with the quick shot that I was kicked.

So I just go into attack mode because I may as well be as abrasive as possible for the rest of the season and get my moneys worth right?

In all honesty I was somewhat excited about the possibility to win it all and get banned, that'd be straight legend status imo! I still have to win now though, or at least lose to my Bro.

That 2 seed is huge, so I don't have to play him til the championship week!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #827
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Reflexes View Post
Oh... I thought you were going to kick him out of the league.
Which would be a problem for me! Cuz I can't Kick his Ass if he's NOT in the league!

Well, I'm 35... and most people on these sites "seem young" to me. My bro just got his bachelors degree and is no different...
This is the year I break my playoff losing streak to you.

*crosses fingers for a mid game antonio gates injury and rivers going full retard against a STL defense again*
Old 11-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #828
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I will not talk about trading anymore. I will just leave it like I'm the New England Patriots, and you probably shouldn't trade with me
Old 11-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #829
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Nah you are okay just realize that you get what you give. I knew I could push your buttons by doing that. Fact is no one is excluded unless you really do something to dick over the league. Which you haven't done.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #830
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Nah you are okay just realize that you get what you give. I knew I could push your buttons by doing that. Fact is no one is excluded unless you really do something to dick over the league. Which you haven't done.
I disagree, I give away Clinton Portis and get Mike Wallace, I give away Jahvid best and greene and get Mojo.

Same with in this thread, seems I get about 10 fold what I give, but I'm cool with that. I had fun yesterday, I think we both did

I'm just NOT cool with being kicked for not really messing up the league, and just smack talkin, badly I guess lol (Why I was mad, and got more aggressive with my posts.)
Old 11-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #831
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I disagree, I give away Clinton Portis and get Mike Wallace, I give away Jahvid best and greene and get Mojo.

Same with in this thread, seems I get about 10 fold what I give, but I'm cool with that. I had fun yesterday, I think we both did

I'm just NOT cool with being kicked for not really messing up the league, and just smack talkin, badly I guess lol (Why I was mad, and got more aggressive with my posts.)
Well I will act like a grown up and stop using that lame smack. How does that sound.

Good luck in the playoffs!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #832
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Btw can we make a rule that the davis division has to hold it's own playoff first? I don't want to play any of those ****ers...
Old 11-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #833
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Oh Snap! You beat my high score! damn it! I was proud of that!
Yeah, should have been 212 if not for a late Drew Brees INT that was worth a negative 5 points. The really sad thing, the intent of the QB scoring was that the first INT was supposed to be basically a freebie (-1 point), the 2nd was supposed to be -3 points (matching the traditional -4 for two INTs) and each subsequent INT worth -2 points. Somehow the system interpreted that as -1 for the first one and then when the 2nd INT was thrown you took a major -5 point hit! In hindsight, the scoring system is already very QB friendly so it's not a big deal.

I like the scoring system for the most part though I'd be lying if I said I liked it a couple weeks ago when TO went for 150 and a couple scores during the Monday night game. The really sad part, I had a 4 point lead until TO caught his last pass. It gave him 10 receptions, put him over 150 yards and put my defense over 250 yards allowed which gave my opponent a 4 point victory! ONE FRIGGIN CATCH....for 12 FRIGGIN YARDS!!! Okay so it was just icing on the cake for a very good night by TO.

With all the wheeling and dealing I've done this year my team is very different. But, if I had kept what I started, I would have had Mike Vick, Peyton Hillis, Frank Gore, Fred Jackson, Terrell Owens, Reggie Wayne, and Wes Welker. Really not a bad team. Honestly, the thing that is holding me back is TE. Injuries at the TE position have killed me this year... Not quite as bad as losing Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates, but still pretty bad losing Jermichael Finley. He was putting up some very good numbers.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #834
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Yeah, should have been 212 if not for a late Drew Brees INT that was worth a negative 5 points. The really sad thing, the intent of the QB scoring was that the first INT was supposed to be basically a freebie (-1 point), the 2nd was supposed to be -3 points (matching the traditional -4 for two INTs) and each subsequent INT worth -2 points. Somehow the system interpreted that as -1 for the first one and then when the 2nd INT was thrown you took a major -5 point hit! In hindsight, the scoring system is already very QB friendly so it's not a big deal.

I like the scoring system for the most part though I'd be lying if I said I liked it a couple weeks ago when TO went for 150 and a couple scores during the Monday night game. The really sad part, I had a 4 point lead until TO caught his last pass. It gave him 10 receptions, put him over 150 yards and put my defense over 250 yards allowed which gave my opponent a 4 point victory! ONE FRIGGIN CATCH....for 12 FRIGGIN YARDS!!! Okay so it was just icing on the cake for a very good night by TO.

With all the wheeling and dealing I've done this year my team is very different. But, if I had kept what I started, I would have had Mike Vick, Peyton Hillis, Frank Gore, Fred Jackson, Terrell Owens, Reggie Wayne, and Wes Welker. Really not a bad team. Honestly, the thing that is holding me back is TE. Injuries at the TE position have killed me this year... Not quite as bad as losing Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates, but still pretty bad losing Jermichael Finley. He was putting up some very good numbers.
This scoring system is ridiculously exciting. You never really know what is going to happen lol! Sometimes i'm like WTF JUST HAPPENED!

One thing I do think tho, is that WR's should get 6 at a 50yd td like QB's do. Seems like it greatly favors QBs. However WR's get a lot of points too it seems so idk.

Plus Mike Wallace catches a lot of 51/52 yarders... not so many 60...
Old 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #835
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Really? Why? Because he's "handicapped" when it comes to message board smack talk?

That's a pretty stupid reason commish!

I don't know anything about ya'lls "cross-thread" spat, and I don't much care to. But I do know that my brother:
1) Set his lineup every week
2) Was active on waivers and made several trades
3) post's on both the site and the thread!
Since week 3, probably less than half the owners in this league can say the same! That's a GOOD owner... that's the kind of owner that makes leagues work! What rule did he break? the "Don't Annoy People" rule? That's kind of, a part of fantasy football IMO! I wish more people would get into the smack talk personally!

Not you though bro... you are bad at it...

That being said... His *ahem* smack talk was at least "Football Related"! You and Philly jumped him with a bunch of name calling? Baiting him with taunt's about his age & manhood? And you call him "Childish"? Seriously?

Seriously!?!

Bro! you gotta come back with the all powerful "I'm rubber & you're glue..."! Or better yet, "You're a Double-Douche times infinity"! That'll teach em!

Personally, I think it's more fun to beat annoying people! Especially my brother! Course, I probably would have choked him during our H2H match-up if he wasn't 400 miles away! But that's besides the point!

I would wager all my cash winnings from this season (not the jersey though, I want that... if I win) that the "Douche-Simpleton-Tard" owns both you and Philly next year too! If either of you finish higher in the standings you can split it... when he beats you both... double it and mail it to me!

Prove me wrong if you got the sack!
BR.... Your opinion means jack chit to me. I didnt even know he was ur brother. if I did, i woulda smacked him just the same about his weak BS.
I didnt call him any names that I remember. If I did, you can eat em too. When someone talks weak ass smack and keeps bringing one thing up, even though it was dead and buried weeks ago..... Thats weak smack and you know it.

Big brother is on the scene..... do you hold his books in school too?
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #836
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post

You did a good job managing your squad. Wish I had the same luck.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #837
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
BR.... Your opinion means jack chit to me. I didnt even know he was ur brother. if I did, i woulda smacked him just the same about his weak BS.
I didnt call him any names that I remember. If I did, you can eat em too. When someone talks weak ass smack and keeps bringing one thing up, even though it was dead and buried weeks ago..... Thats weak smack and you know it.

Ok lets go with this week's smack then....

180to 80
Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #838
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:

180to 80
Congrats.....it happens. I dont think they hand jerseys to you for one week though.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #839
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:

180to 80
And what is this? You talk for your big brother and your big brother talks for his baby brother. When did this become Romper friggin Room?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #840
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Let me know when your Mom or dad wanna jump in and Ill call my cousin so he can respond for me.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #841
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Should I wait for you to post like 8 more separate thoughts? There is an edit key.

My Bro isn't backing anything up for me, Brees and Mojo are though.

We only played in this scoring system for <1 year, you've played how many? We're the #1 and #2 seeds though. You've won 0 Championships with us in the league, so I don't know how you consider that relevant. I won the Omane league last year anyway if we're counting old championships ROFL, and I think you might have been in that league!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #842
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Hang on.... My Cat's Kitten wants to say something.....

Hi, Im Phillys Cats kitten. He said He doesnt give a rats ass.... and no, he wasnt in the league the last couple years. Enjoy
Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 AM   #843
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
And what is this? You talk for your big brother and your big brother talks for his baby brother. When did this become Romper friggin Room?
Oh sorry... was I supposed to respond to all of that?

Hold on... lemee see...

Quote:
I'm not gonna stand by while two dudes take shots at my bro! Especially since it did sound to me, like you were kicking him out.

Quote:
I didnt call him any names that I remember
Fortunately... we don't have to rely on your memory as we can simply click the "page back" button...

"Dogg****" count's as name calling in my book, since it's just as irritating to try and "fill in the blank"!

Quote:
Congrats.....it happens. I dont think they hand jerseys to you for one week though.
Took me a sec to figure out the 180 to 80 thing... didn't realize he was referencing my team...

So far though... I do score 180+ like 35% of the time

Quote:
Let me know when your Mom or dad wanna jump in and Ill call my cousin so he can respond for me.
That one's actually a pretty good shot... so I'll just quote it and leave it at that...

Quote:
Hang on.... My Cat's Kitten wants to say something.....

Hi, Im Phillys Cats kitten. He said He doesnt give a rats ass.... and no, he wasnt in the league the last couple years. Enjoy
Yeah... I got nothin for this one? I'm not entirely sure what it means as a matter of fact...

Last edited by Bad Reflexes; 11-23-2010 at 02:36 AM..
Old 11-23-2010, 02:48 AM   #844
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Btw can we make a rule that the davis division has to hold it's own playoff first? I don't want to play any of those ****ers...
We're all playin each other again this week! So it's like a pseudo-playoff... for "Philly's Used Jock Straps" and "Floridian Broncos" anyway. Since "CBF1's Agent Orange" has a pretty good shot to win IMO. Should either lose, they're probably out.

Against opponents outside our division, the Davis Division will finish a combined 20-7-1 during the regular season... that's pretty dominant!

Last edited by Bad Reflexes; 11-23-2010 at 03:02 AM..
Old 11-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #845
Bad Reflexes

Default Good Luck to Philly's Used Jock Straps & Floridian Broncos

This is a week, I wouldn't mind losing. IMO Philly & Floridian both deserve to make the playoffs more than CBF!

I even considered playing a "lesser" line-up to help Floridian out!

But then I looked at his team again, and... Sorry dude, but I gotta try and take you out! Your team is way too dangerous to just "let" into the playoffs!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #846
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
This is a week, I wouldn't mind losing. IMO Philly & Floridian both deserve to make the playoffs more than CBF!

I even considered playing a "lesser" line-up to help Floridian out!

But then I looked at his team again, and... Sorry dude, but I gotta try and take you out! Your team is way too dangerous to just "let" into the playoffs!
Thanks bro... You too.... Im pulling for anyone in my division should I miss out or get bounced in the playoffs. This is the sickest division Ive ever been a part of.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #847
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

New league article is up. I've done my best to review the playoff picture and set the teams that are already locked in. This last week has a bunch of implications on the playoff picture. Kind of fun with close matchups and games that count for half of the league!!!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #848
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

^ Nice one, thanks.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #849
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers